What's new

Hero's little bit of space.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score
Yeah yeah. I wanted to do this sooner, but kept forgetting/hating my own work/I don't have a working scanner, but whatever, I'm doing it now.
Stop judging me...
Anyhow, first up, POKEMANS! Basically just drawing one to try and compete with Oni's on DeviantART.

Next, one of my OC's, Cynthia North, or Cindi. The first one is the original sketch I did, just as a bored doodle, before I named her and gave her a personality. The second two are ones I did to enter for FMA ZA.
Fail head is fail...
This one's better.

Moar to come if I ever manage to scan them in. My worst part, which I believe is saying something, naturally, is feet and hands, feet more so. I just suck at drawing them.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Hero's little bit of space.

Your hands look better than mine.

And at least you have poses. POOOOSES. <3333

Your clothes look better than mine as well... :p

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

Heh, thanks. I always try to switch up my poses, but I just can't manage to do multiple figures interacting. Or perspective shots. Or busts. I was really happy the way the first Cindi sketch turned out, especially the handguns.

As for clothes, I try and vary costumes as well, but mostly they're based on other things. The first Cindi sketch, for example, I was looking at the Armoured Vault Suit from FO3 when I was drawing it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I think most people have troubles with feet and hands to be honest, still it's good to put things up. I've found you tend to get braver the more you do, no matter what your medium. I like how you did the hair in the more finished version of the characters.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

And bravery is half the battle of being an artist despite your medium xD

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

I think most people have troubles with feet and hands to be honest, still it's good to put things up. I've found you tend to get braver the more you do, no matter what your medium. I like how you did the hair in the more finished version of the characters.
I always make an unnecessarily big fuss about hairstyles, but when I was designing her I figured that I didn't have any characters with their hair drooped across one eye. Recently I switched it so her hairs over her left eye, but whatever :p

And I agree with both of you there, I do have a lot more confidence than I originally did, I really want to upload the first picture I ever did in the baby stages of my current style, I have it on my wall, but like I said, no scanner.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well yeah no scanner does make it kind of difficult, but it's good to change the hair style every so often since hair does move around.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

Well yeah no scanner does make it kind of difficult, but it's good to change the hair style every so often since hair does move around.
Yeah, but I tend to be bitchy about keeping characters hair styles more or less the same, which isn't very good, because only a couple of them have hair styles that are actually held in place by something.

Also, Cindi's handguns in the first picture were supposed to be based on Desert Eagles. Yes I know dual wielding them is impractical, and kinda dangerous for the users wrists, hell, even using just one is a bad idea in a real fight... >_> but they're relatively simple to draw.

In the later pics they're supposed to be Browning HP's.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually a lot of people are like that with their characters, pictures, what have you. Experimentation can be fun sometimes too, since you might find something you like.

Yeah desert eagles are probably not the best weapon in reality, but you got to admit they at least look pretty cool and are easy to draw. I fired one once almost knocked my self out with the recoil, it was pretty funny actually.

I'm personally a fan of the colt .45, but a highpower is actually a very decent weapon.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

I'm personally a fan of the colt .45, but a highpower is actually a very decent weapon.
Generally speaking, I prefer more modern firearms. My favourite handgun is the Mk.23 Mod 0. I don't even know why, the USP is supposedly better in almost every way apart from magazine capacity...

Also, the Colt gets too much attention in my opinion. It's a great handgun, yeah, but still.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

It does get a bit too much attention to be honest, I myself mainly like it becasue I'm used to it more than anything else. I have very little experience with any of the more modern handguns to really compare so it's possible I would prefer one of them more.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

I've only ever fired 2 firearms, both rifles. The No.8 bolt-action rifle, derived from the Lee-Enfield, and the L... I think it was called the L92, but I'm not entirely sure. It's a variation on the SA80, but downgraded to only semi-automatic, and I think its chambered for a smaller round, I'm not entirely sure.

I have, however, had access to a lot of unloaded firearms, mostly when I went to a British Army Armoury, there were Brownings, SA80's, L86's, no Minimi's unfortunately, same with L96's, which was sad :(, various weapons of the AK family. I stripped down and put back together a Browning, which isn't exactly complicated.

Sure, not as impressive as yourself, but hell, I liked it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The only weapons outside of the typical US small arms family, I've ever fired are a Desert Eagle one time which was enough for me as I said and I also got to fire the L86A2, I liked that one a lot and prefer it to the SAW.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

For pistols I've only fired the 9mm hi-powered Browning. I fired when of the glock models... and hated it. And the Walther PPK. Great gun for lefties, the shells eject to the left.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

The only weapons outside of the typical US small arms family, I've ever fired are a Desert Eagle one time which was enough for me as I said and I also got to fire the L86A2, I liked that one a lot and prefer it to the SAW.
The L86 doesn't really qualify as a machine gun though, so it's a bit hard to compare it to a SAW. It was too accurate in trials, so it became a marksmans rifle instead, pretty damn fine one too, with the SUSAT on top. Accurate to over 600m I think it is... L110 took over the LSW role.

For pistols I've only fired the 9mm hi-powered Browning. I fired when of the glock models... and hated it. And the Walther PPK. Great gun for lefties, the shells eject to the left.
Glocks always look really... Square, and awkward to hold for me. The PPK looks pretty good, but I'm not sure what it's actually like :p

Oh yes, weapons I've fired. The second one was the L98a1. It's been upgraded to a2 now >_<

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My biggest issue with the block (I mean glock) is that the ejected shells went up. UP! They hit you in the bloody face.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

My biggest issue with the block (I mean glock) is that the ejected shells went up. UP! They hit you in the bloody face.
Uh, lulwhut? That seems rather... Inefficient, to say the least. Makes no sense :(

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I know it's a marksmans weapon, but it was designed as an LSW originally, I think. Personally I don't care much for the SAW at all, and wish we had kept the M60.

That's probably why I don't know anyone who likes the glocks, and I thought I had it bad firing my weapon left-handed.

OP
Mirchie

Mirchie

Reputation score

Yeah, the original design specs made it an LSW. And I kinda like the M249, though you have experience, while I do not. It has a higher rate of fire doesn't it? Kind of a desirable trait in an SAW, if I'm not mistaken?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't mind the SAW (we call it a C9, and it can be magazine fed), but don't take back the M60... get the MG3 baby!