What's new

Cappy's Creature Codex

Cappy

Reputation score
Arrogant Disclaimer: Before I begin this thread properly, while a lot of the entries soon to be contained within draw a lot from mythology and popular fantasy culture, I have tried to create my own imagining of the original ideas and myths for my own fictional universe. Please don't be offended by my "misrepresentation" of these beings of fiction, and feel free to pull anything from here that you wish. (PSH, as if any of this could be considered even remotely creative or inspiring :|) And with that out of the way, please peruse to your heart's desire.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Cappy's Creature Codex

ENTRY ONE: The Imp

Behavior:

Beings known for their mischief in the mortal realm, Imps are demons that feed off of the natural wave of energy that beings around them exude when frustrated or angered. When one feels emotion they emanate an aura that fluctuates and alters depending on just what they're feeling. Imps as a species have the potential to absorb that energy and digest it into their main source of sustenance; And of course, needing that energy to survive, many Imps have honed their skills at causing frustration and anger, often suited to how much they can absorb at once. Insults, pranks, and other forms of disgraceful behaviour are the trademark of lesser Imps.

After a deal of time has passed, the lesser Imps that have survived their exchanges with their "victims" often begin to mature in both stature and power, starting to feel want for larger portions of anger and "chaotic" negative emotions. This leads to a more dangerous form of feeding, often requiring manipulation of the social structure around them. Blood feuds are often caused by such interference, leading to long, satisfying meals for the "true instigator".(On a side note: in the mortal realm, some believe the Deities of War to have originally been Imps.) It is rare to see the true face of a matured "Greater" Imp, and for a mortal to be the witness in such a case is considered shameful in Imp (Or Demonic) communities.

---under construction---