What's new

Charlotte's Start (Semi-Newbie Writer)

Charlotte

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, so I've had an account here for a while and done next to nothing with it, but I've recently had my computer data in its entirety lost, and with it went a lot more self-authored erotica than I really would ever have thought myself capable of writing. Now, since it was generally abysmal and from years ago, and because I'm some demented form of optimist, that only makes me feel like writing a lot more. I guess to make up for the lost stockpile, like some twisted collector-instinct seeded by the tendrils of grief... actually, that sounds more like a story concept than an explanation...

Moving on! I haven't the slightest clue what to write about, and I'm far better at working within constraints (no, not like that), so I figured I'd crowd-source a bit if possible to see what people might be interested in reading first. I figure I'll just mention bits about my preferences and style of writing and just let people toss out whatever suggestions they will, then post whatever stories I manage to write a chapter or more about. I've written in the past, but never had my work read by others much, so lets see how it goes?

In any case, I have serious trouble with, mentally, writing about any primary characters outside of female gender. I might manage a transgendered or intersexed sort passably, but I just don't think I could write a convincing male persona. Between that and my slight disinterest in male-bits (downgraded from a phobia since 2012, woo!), I'm not likely to be jumping at non-sapphic writings any time soon, aside from tentacles of course and maybe even animals; depends on the context. I'm not a fan of mindless characters, and so when I make an OC (original character), I /will/ put quite a lot of heart into how they think-- if using OCs, you can expect recurring characters for this reason. Still, I don't mind FCs (feature characters), and I'm fine with writing about any that I know about. Given my interests, anime and games are the most likely FC sources for me, but I might still occasionally go even so far as to watch a FC's source if I don't know of them. I tend to write stories that include sex as a major point to them, but I don't really believe in having the characters themselves turn out as what amounts to plot devices to such an end-- there's apt to be more than 'just' sex going on in any given story, for better or worse. I'm detail-oriented, yet appreciate subtlety. This probably seems contrary, but I fluctuate between highly descriptive and vague to bring higher and lower focus to things-- rather than spend an hour describing everything or glaze over everything, the idea is to describe more as characters focus more on something, or gloss over as something is less noticed or meant to require a little suggestiveness to figure.

I've established that I'm overly wordy by this point, so I'll just mention that style-wise I tend towards 3rd person character portrayals (insight into a character's thoughts and feelings sometimes, sometimes not, depends on the individual story), 1-2 main characters in a story (either the adventures or slice-of-life of 1 or some relationship between 2, etc.), and... well, some degree of comedic tone. I'm open to trying anything as far as style goes, though.

tl;dr: I tend to write about largely sapphic subjects, outside of a few outlier topics like tentacles. Otherwise, I'm generally open to writing about whatever, so let me know what you'd like to see! Nominate some ideas and I'll brainstorm a bit myself, and we can maybe poll some of the better ones to see what sorts of things I should start with?