What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

Wow Vicissitudo, those last two pieces you've shown here are great!

Can I ask what programs you use?

Also,
Do you use the mouse, or have a pad, maybe a tablet?

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Not really positive or negative criticism, but I kinda like how her hair looks like its own mass of tentacles. And that's why the tentacle mass is attacking her. Love at first sight.
I'm glad you like it! Perhaps a bit too much?
Somehow you made me notice that, thanks! :)

If you can, try to draw a pose or H-artwork at a closer (or focus) shot. That's a fundamental a fair amount of H-artists take upon as they present their works.

A close-up I'm talking about tends to, for example, omit the lower legs. This kind of practice can give you some freedom for camera angles.
Hmmm..what do you mean? Like a portion of the body? Like in comics?
Maybe is a bit too early for that...I still need to focus a lot on technique and proportions...don't you think?
Or explain it to me better, I think I may have misunderstand.
Thanks a lot for the feedback though!

Wow Vicissitudo, those last two pieces you've shown here are great!

Can I ask what programs you use?

Also,
Do you use the mouse, or have a pad, maybe a tablet?
Eheheh, well thanks! I'm trying my best!

I use Photoshop and an Intuos Pro M. I've bought it myself last Christmas but I never had time/motivation to practice with it.
Now, since I opened this thread, I'm enjoying it a lot and I use it almost daily (not for hentai only but for other things too). So you guys are actually helping me a lot.

Somewhere I read that "The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." And it's true...and I've been doubting of myself for too long. Now I feel that I start, slowly, to recover some self esteem for my graphic arts. Thanks!

Here I tried to speed-sketch another position, sort of perspective-top view.
The first attempt was a disaster...and took me a while...
The second attempt is still a bit wretched but I believe it looks a bit better.
Once again I focused on speed. Done the second attempt from zero in 30 minutes.

First disastrous attempt...open at your own risk...

Last edited:

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm..what do you mean? Like a portion of the body? Like in comics?
Maybe is a bit too early for that...I still need to focus a lot on technique and proportions...don't you think?
Or explain it to me better, I think I may have misunderstand.
Thanks a lot for the feedback though!
Nothing's too early for you. Every result is from "trying". xD But I think you can say I'm referencing "that" particular comic style.

I have something I left alone for too long, but I wanna finish it eventually. This might be a good example of my suggestion.

btw.. that tentacle on her hand. Careful about your sense of direction.

One more thing. This is just harsh criticism, but going back to the female kneeling, there's too many errors. Especially the depth perception of her feet placement. Perhaps you need to focus on that before deciding on her skeletal pose. I understand you wanna work on speed, but perhaps you're too close to the limit.

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nothing's too early for you. Every result is from "trying". xD But I think you can say I'm referencing "that" particular comic style.

I have something I left alone for too long, but I wanna finish it eventually. This might be a good example of my suggestion.

btw.. that tentacle on her hand. Careful about your sense of direction.

One more thing. This is just harsh criticism, but going back to the female kneeling, there's too many errors. Especially the depth perception of her feet placement. Perhaps you need to focus on that before deciding on her skeletal pose. I understand you wanna work on speed, but perhaps you're too close to the limit.
Oh, I get it now. I will try something soon then! :) Thank you for the hint!
The tentacle isn't in her hand but around her wrist, just roughly sketches tho.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Working on a new sketch. Tell me if you see anything wrecked or just "weird".

Reactions: Sin

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

doublebrows!?! Or are these just lines from the sketch to outline the whole eye?:eek:

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

doublebrows!?! Or are these just lines from the sketch to ouline the whole eye?:eek:
Hmmmm... :confused:
her eyes are supposed to be half closed, that thin line is the shape of the eyelid actually. The fatter ones above are eyebrows...

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks good to me, maybe add some eyelashes. Other than that, very nice.

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love elaborate sex scenes like this! It'd be great if you filled the whole pupil/eye though, maybe I'm just more used to looking at cartoon/anime style large eyes.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I love elaborate sex scenes like this! It'd be great if you filled the whole pupil/eye though, maybe I'm just more used to looking at cartoon/anime style large eyes.
...as the artist mentioned before, the eyes are supposed to be half closed, and I must say I like the incentive, it gives the lady more of a savage/playful look.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thank you guys for the comments! All very appreciated.
I'm sorry if wasn't clear which were eyelids and which eyebrows...my bad.
I still have to work a lot on it...

I've started coloring it but dunno...I am not really convinced...what do you think? Perhaps too elaborated?

Consider it's a first passage, everything still has to be refined, adjusted and highlighted.

Let me know guys! Your comments are precious for me!

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eye lashes really helped it imo, coloring looks good, but I lack experience there.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Do you think it's hard to draw using the pad?
It requires practice. I used to draw a lot on paper before and, even after I purchased the pad, I felt a bit uncomfortable using it.

Isn't much the coordination between screen and pad, which takes relatively few time to get used to, but the sensation of being constrained into an area. Obviously you have virtually infinite space where to draw, compared to a paper sheet. Also just the simple possibility to zoom in and out allows you to get into details with extreme ease.

These are my sensations and my personal experience, ofc.

Personally my current obstacle is to find a proper method to organize layers and the whole workspace in order to have a good result.

Right now I'm attempting a different approach in coloring that last draw. It's the "classic" manga style, also used by Melkior Mancin in that GIF.

I used to paint a lot with acrylics and oil in my past, but that's a different approach. I am sure that I could work further on a more detailed, paint style but it requires a lot of time. Right now I feel I have to draw fast in order to "train" my hand and mind.

Right now I'm on that:

MAAK

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

wow this get better with your every try vicissitudo keep up the good work gratz those drawings look very good :cool:

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, it's already looking way better just because you color it differently. I wonder how you'll color the eyes next

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thank you guys!

Here an updated picture. Not a big difference between this and the precedent one. I worked more on lines thickness and added some shades. Perhaps this weekend I'll have more time to work on it...

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Process of art eh.
;)

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Maybe I'm on the right direction to find a proper method to shade/color.

I have to thank Norasuko for that. I sent him an email with some questions and he replied to me with precious tips. Over a great artist he's a great person too! Not many talented artists share their knowledge like that.

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I will say the shading on some spots, like the face do look better imo.