What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

Heh, I'm a sucker for expressive faces. There are enough blankly-staring-mouth-half-open pictures as is. I really like the new one you've done. Biting the lower lip is a classic.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Heh, I'm a sucker for expressive faces. There are enough blankly-staring-mouth-half-open pictures as is. I really like the new one you've done. Biting the lower lip is a classic.
Thanks! Yep, it's classy but it does the job all the times! :D

I'm preparing masks to start coloring it. I've sampled some colors from the original version, though I'm not really convinced by the tentacles...

This mustard-lime green doesn't really fit in my opinion...what do you think? Shall I use the Blue instead? Or perhaps the classic "green tentacles"?

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm, coloring is really not my forte. I'll have to admit I'm not sure here.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hm, coloring is really not my forte. I'll have to admit I'm not sure here.
Yep but your opinion is important! You are also the only one who's following me post by post so I must relay on your tastes! :D

Looks, that's a more "classy" green tentacle color.

Also added some shadings...do they look good to you? I'm trying different methods.

Last edited:

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I really like the lighting effect you added in this one by using color.

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking fantastic, might be a bit too much shade on her foremost leg imo.

Keep at it!

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I really like the lighting effect you added in this one by using color.
Thank you! :) I'm trying my best!

Looking fantastic, might be a bit too much shade on her foremost leg imo.

Keep at it!
Thanks for the feedback! Perhaps now that I shaded the vase too makes more sense? Tell me what you think, please!

Last edited:

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's looks better, the contrast is making sense now.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shit, that looks great. :)

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It's looks better, the contrast is making sense now.
Shit, that looks great. :)
Thanks fellas! :)

Also thanks for the rep. I don't know who texted to me about purple tentacles, however I agree although I prefer to use the "mainstream green" because of contrast otherwise the whole artwork would just look too much "plain".
Next time I'll make them purple! :D

Anyone the intent of this last piece is to be a kind of tribute to ULMF. Thanks guys, I really appreciate! I also started recovering some self esteem and having fun again while drawing! It means a lot to me...

About the artwork...dunno, I have the sensation I still have to add something...I feel isn't complete yet...

Anyone?

Last edited:

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Maybe, you could add some sweat effects on her body. After all, she is holding that 'heavy lid' with just one hand! :p

No honestly, some glossy sweat effects would really make the whole picture more realistic/fun, I feel. But, hey that's just my 2 cents.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Maybe, you could add some sweat effects on her body. After all, she is holding that 'heavy lid' with just one hand! :p

No honestly, some glossy sweat effects would really make the whole picture more realistic/fun, I feel. But, hey that's just my 2 cents.
I added some more glossy highlighs and blush on her cheeks.

You mean dripping sweat? Perhaps she would actually start to "sweat" on the next scene...if you know what I mean... :D

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What about an "eyestalk" on the tentacle thing coming out of the jar?

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What is "eyestalk"?

I really like the hearts you added, gives more personality to the plant imo.
;)

As far as what to add..
Idk, maybe a sun to the background, a tiger lol, or something, seems like something could be added, but maybe it's perfect how it is, hard call.

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was thinking something like this:

I mean, it works like it is now as well, but since you were asking for suggestions. :)

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I like it the way it is. An eye stalk would draw attention of away from the naughty lady and more towards the monster.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I added some more glossy highlighs and blush on her cheeks.

You mean dripping sweat? Perhaps she would actually start to "sweat" on the next scene...if you know what I mean... :D

Blush on her cheeks = That's awesome :D

But with glossy sweat I was talking about something like , somehow I always go back to my favourite artist when trying to explain a cool effect.

He always has some kind of sweat pearling down from all the girls guys in any of his recent pictures.
I don't really know why, but I feel it adds alot to his pictures, in a sense making them more naughty.

Maybe, try doing it yourself?

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

What is "eyestalk"?

I really like the hearts you added, gives more personality to the plant imo.
;)

As far as what to add..
Idk, maybe a sun to the background, a tiger lol, or something, seems like something could be added, but maybe it's perfect how it is, hard call.
Ahah, I'm glad you liked it!
As for a background I will probably work for one on next artwork! ;)
I've got some new tools to test first and some sketches to make in order to improve my ability of drawing facial expressions and eyes in particular.

I was thinking something like this:

I mean, it works like it is now as well, but since you were asking for suggestions. :)
Oh, you mean that! I thought some kind of sight-connection and that's why I drew some hearts + blush effect on one tentacle.
I was imagining the "monster" without actual eyes to be honest. Anyway, thanks for the tip! Perhaps I'll use it in future work! :)

I like it the way it is. An eye stalk would draw attention of away from the naughty lady and more towards the monster.
I'm glad you appreciate! All your comments help me to push myself even more in drawing. Thank you!

Blush on her cheeks = That's awesome :D

But with glossy sweat I was talking about something like , somehow I always go back to my favourite artist when trying to explain a cool effect.

He always has some kind of sweat pearling down from all the girls guys in any of his recent pictures.
I don't really know why, but I feel it adds alot to his pictures, in a sense making them more naughty.

Maybe, try doing it yourself?
Oh, I see! So you mean actual sweat drops + "white dots" to emphasize the wet-skin effect. Gotcha.

However right now she just opened the lid...we don't know what is going to happen later but surely the situation will get more...more...demanding! So she would surely start to dri-...I mean, sweat!

Dunno, shall I draw more about the pink-haired lady and the vase of Unofficial LineMarvel Forbiddingly?

Also, does the ULMF Girl has a name? I tried to send a PM to Aika but his box is full...

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sketching, sketching, sketching...

Last edited: