What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

Great - love the expressions. Facial expressions are, imho, the line between an adequate artist and a good one. But I'm not an artist so what do I know. :lol

Speaking of expressions, I came across some kind of Kung Fu Panda spin-off animated series on Youtube the other day, and there's a scene in which the facial animation struck me as really good. It's clearly based on classical techniques, but it was fun looking at it frame by frame (because I'm a huge nerd, apparently): .

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Great - love the expressions. Facial expressions are, imho, the line between an adequate artist and a good one. But I'm not an artist so what do I know. :lol

Speaking of expressions, I came across some kind of Kung Fu Panda spin-off animated series on Youtube the other day, and there's a scene in which the facial animation struck me as really good. It's clearly based on classical techniques, but it was fun looking at it frame by frame (because I'm a huge nerd, apparently): .
Yep, and that's my weakest point, at least it is from my own point of view. I see I can "menage" bodies, even if often takes time and several tries, but I still lack in facial expressions and that's why I want to train it more intensively.

Cartoons are ALWAYS a great source of inspiration, especially the non 3D ones. That because animators are forced to draw simply lines and synthesize as much as possible every characterizing trait. Look at old 1937 Snow White, its a masterpiece! One can learn A LOT from these old style movies and, ofcourse, from many recent movies too.

So thank you for the comment and for the link as well! :)

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For what it's worth, I think you did a pretty good job on those expressions. :)

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

I like te supprised look cuz there are so many lines there it looks blurred and... am i the only one who sees that elf on the upper drawing a tiny little bit masculine? Maybe because of them eyebrows :D

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I don't see her being masculine, but it could be the big mouth and jawline that makes you doubt her feminine charms. :p

Good work, I love elves, mooooore :eek:!

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Her face is too narrow to really be masculine, imho. You're probably just reacting to those natural, un-picked eyebrows.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Yeah, those are some fierce eyebrows! Nothing wrong with that. It looks really good. Maybe elves are supposed to have thick eyebrows to help keep leaves and the sun out of their eyes? Maybe it's to make expressions more visible in the dense cover of foliage? Who cares, she's gorgeous. Just needs a bit of colour in her cheeks.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

I don't see her being masculine, but it could be the big mouth and jawline that makes you doubt her feminine charms. :p

I blame "Lord of the rings". They messed with my head so much i dont know who's who now (need to make 15 posts to put URLs )It sucks to be a lurker here :)

Attachments

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

InCase draws some hot ladies with pretty thick eyebrows.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

Wow, steamy. On first pic they look nice for me cause of her expression + the position vs viewer but o the second one (front view) i just chuckled. They look like a "Neo's"(Matrix) glasses cracked in the middle.

Just a matter of taste i guess :D

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ahhw yeah, lots pubes and lots halfling ladies, gotta love incase's art. :p

Though, when it comes to style I like better, guess it's a matter of preference, I have the hots for well defined bodies and trimmed pubes :p

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like te supprised look cuz there are so many lines there it looks blurred and... am i the only one who sees that elf on the upper drawing a tiny little bit masculine? Maybe because of them eyebrows :D
It might be, I'm still working at facial expressions and will surely take me a while to improve. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Thanks buddy! I'll post more soon! :)

Yeah, those are some fierce eyebrows! Nothing wrong with that. It looks really good. Maybe elves are supposed to have thick eyebrows to help keep leaves and the sun out of their eyes? Maybe it's to make expressions more visible in the dense cover of foliage? Who cares, she's gorgeous. Just needs a bit of colour in her cheeks.
Well not THAT fierce, come on! Anyway I always had a soft point for those a thick eyebrows. Thin ones never catched my attention too much. And I'm talking about irl too.

I blame "Lord of the rings". They messed with my head so much i dont know who's who now (need to make 15 posts to put URLs )It sucks to be a lurker here :)
Yeah, they made all the Elves a bit too much feminine! :D
Can't wait you to start posting your art! You got a talent! ;)

Here it comes...InCase!

Damn I love this guy! He has a great hand imo and also the stories are very exciting...I love the Alfie serie!
And HE draws DARN FIRECE eyebrows! These are really thick ones!

Wow, steamy. On first pic they look nice for me cause of her expression + the position vs viewer but o the second one (front view) i just chuckled. They look like a "Neo's"(Matrix) glasses cracked in the middle.

Just a matter of taste i guess :D
Yeah, I do like them but I assume for someone could be a bit too much cartoonish...
However, try to take a look at Alfie serie...it's amazing imo...

Ahhw yeah, lots pubes and lots halfling ladies, gotta love incase's art. :p

Though, when it comes to style I like better, guess it's a matter of preference, I have the hots for well defined bodies and trimmed pubes :p
That's another Artist I really love. What I like of his style is that he actually uses just thick, simply lines which sometimes are even a bit wrecked but still the shapes he draws are always sexy...

Another Artist with a similar style is ArbuzBudesh. Check him out if you don't know him already.

And now posting a sketch I'm working on right now. It is supposed to be the Sporty Girl I already posted on previous page. I'm trying to define her and her traits. I feel it's a good training for me.
It is still a VERY rough sketch but I'm planning to bring something goo out of it.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks really good to me! :) Very dynamic pose, nice facial expression. Feels like its full of personality.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Looks really good to me! :) Very dynamic pose, nice facial expression. Feels like its full of personality.
Thank you mate! :D

She became all that sweaty...I have to hurry and put something on her before she takes a cold...

@chrisroxxx - Here your desired sweat effects! :p

Last edited:

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

That little minx needs an upgrade. :cool:

That monshine she's drinking... looks like major part of it gonna miss the throat(by accident of course) and drip from the snake-ish tongue, "forming a stalagmite which crashes down and shatters to pieces", creating rain that pours onto, and runs through "the valley of eden-ia",rushing down to lick "a small cotton cave entrance," making its woobly way to "the garden of a single flower"which needs yet to bloom. :rolleyes:

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

btw, I hope your hesistation has vanished at this point, you are loved :3