What's new

Drawings from Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hi all,
I've been hesitant of starting my own thread here, since I don't have the capabilities to do thing's how I'd like to yet.
-But I can't keep thinking that way.

I'm going to post here in hopes of others helping me to improve my base art, before I actually get the thing's I need to do more.

So.. here's my first share.

T'was done on paper, that's what I use at this point.​

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Drawings from Sin

Not an artist, so can't add anything useful for you, and I won't be criticizing, but congrats on posting your work. Takes courage.

Djinbu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You're symbol drawing. I recommend going to Youtube and looking at the ProkoTV videos (the earliest ones will help you most at this level), as well as Sycra's. They're both professional artists who have made several useful tutorials that they put out for free.

ProkoTV is more technical and breaks everything down more logically, while Sycra is more a hands-on mess that still manages to teach. You will gain skill rapidly just by watching a few videos explaining the basics.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

perhaps this helps...One of my favourite artists 'melkor mancin' he put his drawing process in a

...anyways, keep drawing stuff, it's fun, the more you draw the better you get at it. ;)

Last edited:

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hi all,
I've been hesitant of starting my own thread here, since I don't have the capabilities to do thing's how I'd like to yet.
-But I can't keep thinking that way.

I'm going to post here in hopes of others helping me to improve my base art, before I actually get the thing's I need to do more.

So.. here's my first share.

T'was done on paper, that's what I use at this point.​
Hey, welcome aboard! Nice to see you draw too! :)
As far as I can see you have a very clean stroke, which is nice.
As I said to Raredragon is to first design volumes using very simple solids.
That helps to give to your artwork a sense of deep on field.
That can be seen in Melkor Mancin's gif that chrisroxxx posted. The very first passage with the thick pink lines is exactly what I mean!

Keep going! I want to see more! :)

PS

Another artist you should take a look on is Calmdraws. His art completely different from most of artists around.
He clearly has not a comic artist style but is more a painter. You can see the the drawing process on Picarto.

For more another drawing approach also take look on Norasuko's artworks. He's very inspirational as well!

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

BlueSlime,
Thanks, gotta try, to ever succeed.

Djinbu,
Symbol drawing eh, thought I was a bit past that.

Btw,
I've followed Sycra for months now, he helped me understand a lot.

Thanks for the ProkoTv info.

ChrisRoxxx,
Cool, every bit helps eh.
;)

Vicissitudo,
Cool artists, but I really try to not look at references when drawing, maybe for bits here and there, a foot, a hand, things I might be blocked at the moment from picturing.

Thanks to you guys though, I will keep at it.
:D

Meanwhile,
I decided to "ink" one of my older pictures for practice, hands are a bit shaky and messed up in a few spots, but still happy with it.

justF0rfun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well first I want to mention that maybe taking a photo of your drawing might not the best idea because its all blurry for me. Might also because of bad lightning as the inked looks a lot better.

Anyway as Vicissitudo mentioned already Norasuko, I just wanted to point out that he also put up a few tuts. Here the Link:

As for the point about not wanting to look at reference when drawing, I would not really advise to do so at the beginning. Its fine if you don't want to use pictures of other Artists but using material such as RL pictures, a Book about Anotomy, a comic/manga you have lying around or whatever comes to your mind as reference for your drawing helps a lot for things like body physics (a lot of people fuck this up and idc that laws of physics do not applied to anime/hentai), stance, proportions etc. I seen so many doujinshis where body parts were twisted so much it made me question wether the Artists ever learned about Anatomy.
Also by doing so you improve too. Well at least I did improve myself by doing so.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well first I want to mention that maybe taking a photo of your drawing might not the best idea because its all blurry for me. Might also because of bad lightning as the inked looks a lot better.
Yeah, is this better?

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, is this better?

Hmmmm...isn't very clear. Do you have a scanner? Or a printer with an integrated scanner? A scansion would be much better.

If you can't perform a scansion you may try to download an application to take scans with your smartphone. There are some available, try one and see how it comes.

About drawing without references. I understand that drawing with references may sound boring because feels like you are copying instead of creating. But we do need basics where to start from in order to understand proportion, physic, light and shadows and avoid body twists which would look just innatural.

I use some references too and I find them helpful. I am not copying but even just seeing, for example, how the light "turns" around an object/body part, makes me think. Also some poses are a great training and you can still modify them using your perv-...hemmm...creativity! ;)

PS

Always use blank sheets! Avoid squared or lined sheets! These will involuntarily constrain your mind and force you to draw into a specific area with the result of very flat draws.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's the picture on a larger scale:
(A)

Here's a "Scanned" image, at the large size as above:
(B)

Is either easier to see?
(A, or B.)

If so, which?

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here's the picture on a larger scale:
(A)

Here's a "Scanned" image, at the large size as above:
(B)

Is either easier to see?
(A, or B.)

If so, which?
B is clearly easier to see. You may eventually want to increase contrast, for future scans. That might help you as well if you are willing to digitalize it color the draw with Photoshop or any other software.

Now I see that you aren't using squared paper like I though. What kind of paper is that tho? Seems a quite textured heavy paper.

Btw, for all those who don't have Photoshop or a similar graphic software, you may want to check this browser software:
Is more a photo editor than a complete software but may turn useful for image settings, resizeing and some other useful features.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Vicissitudo,
It's cheap drawing paper, it's actually kind of brown in color.

Thanks for the head's up on that app, it's pretty useful, I've tried other's, but that one is great.

justF0rfun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

B is better. Might as well try to make the lines thicker so it becomes more clearer when u scan it.

Anyways looking at the pictures I kinda looks wierd for me around her genitalia. I can't quite put it into words though so sorry if I sound ambigious.
Her Waist is also shorter on the left side. If you want to keep it that way I think you should make her butt stick out a bit, otherwise it looks off cause both side should be the same length. Stretching one Side makes the other side shorter. Also I would bend the knee more on her right leg. Makes her look less stiff. Hands may be a bit small too and I also think that the proportions of the arms are a bit off.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the dimension looks off too. Her arm should be closer to her if she's leaning on the wall. The way it is drawn now it looks like she should be standing with her back to the wall and not besides it.
Or you could move/erase the wall, would be easier.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

JustF0rfun,
She has her left hip sticking out, with here hand on it, thus the pinch in her left hip, her left leg is facing more towards us, thus the straight left foot.

Example:
Something like the below, I suppose.

She make look stiff, but it is imo that's the way a women tends to look when wearing 3+ inch heels.

She is not leaning on the wall, rather she is just standing there with her hand resting on the wall slightly, more of just touching it.

As far as her hands being small, it is in my opinion, the hand should just be big enough to fit over the face, for women, I tend to make it a tad smaller than that.

The crotch,
She is skinnier, so there is the Vagina showing pretty firm, but she has a big ass, so you can see part of her cheeks showing with the spread stance.

-But I will take all of what you have said into consideration.

Oh and as far as her arm's, I think her right arms looks a bit longer than her left, but even in reality, such things can occur.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Practicing a bit of coloring.

Blonde:

Tried to make a shadow under her, on this one.​

Brunette:

justF0rfun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would try to stick to non-coloured drawing in the beginning before you start with colours. Should get the basics done as colouring is not that difficult. Also I would use some other stuff than colored pencils. The colour tends to be less vibrant than other tools and I believe that colouring with pencils is a tad harder too.

Btw I always wondered why nobody attaches pictures to their posts instead of embedding a link to their pictures. I mean you have to upload it to a site and then post the link instead of just attach the data to your post.
Is it more convienent with the site in any way? Also which site you use most of the time?

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would try to stick to non-coloured drawing in the beginning before you start with colours. Should get the basics done as colouring is not that difficult. Also I would use some other stuff than colored pencils. The colour tends to be less vibrant than other tools and I believe that colouring with pencils is a tad harder too.

Btw I always wondered why nobody attaches pictures to their posts instead of embedding a link to their pictures. I mean you have to upload it to a site and then post the link instead of just attach the data to your post.
Is it more convienent with the site in any way? Also which site you use most of the time?
I am actually using the app Vicissitudo recommended. I agree my drawing is more important, but coloring is also important, not to mention fun.

I'm just making use of the tool's I have available to me, at this point in thing's.
;)

I use most of the time, it's just something I'm used to doing, and it takes little effort imo.

Btw,
Here's a picture of that girl, with red hair:

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How is this one looking?

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here she is with a different hair style, longer shins, and a bit more hand detail. This version is not cleaned like the other though.

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here she is with a different hair style, longer shins, and a bit more hand detail. This version is not cleaned like the other though.
As I said already you have a straight, clean sign, which is a talent, I have to say. However the picture looks a bit flat overall.
You should give a try to sketch some volumes, just rough ones.
That will also help you to get a bit more into proportions.

Anyway good work overall! Keep doing! :)