What's new

Art thread Redux

R

Ryka

I made a post a long time ago, but I sort of neglected to post in it. I am starting now to draw different works.

^ This picture is just for practice. I might draw this specific character to get a gist of drawing anime style.

^ I was told this picture is too 'well endowed'. I am new to drawing figures, so I usually draw big busts. Not absurdly big though.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Art thread Redux

Now... I'm no expert, but usually when drawing hair, you want it to lay flat along the body.

And yes, I agree that bust is too big. Take a look at some drawing tutorials to get a better idea of the human figure. That's what i did. it's still... difficult. But baby steps :3

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Now... I'm no expert, but usually when drawing hair, you want it to lay flat along the body.
Epic hairgel? +10 to hair awesomeness?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yep baby steps, lot's of practice, and drawing tutorials really help with figure.
Still it's a great start, keep it up and you'll get better.

OP
R

Ryka

My first good drawing of my avatar/character's head.

Last edited:

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Is cute :)

Love the little nose and look of innocence XD

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Not bad though it would be better finished up. I can't draw faces to save my life, or arms, or legs, or...

Anyways keep it up.

OP
R

Ryka

Since my DS doesn't have Wifi, I have been troubling myself on other matters since I got Windows 7.

But I did get my hands on something absolutely awesome. It is my favorite on here. 3D Custom Girl. I can make Lila in 3D. I need to learn how to use the posing tool though.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ryka

Made another anime drawing.

OP
R

Ryka

Apologies for bumping. I might as well use this thread instead of going "Remix redux the second the fourth" in the thread title eventually.

I made a safe for work doodle.

OP
R

Ryka

Bump. I post my art to recieve reactions. I already have an art album.

OP
R

Ryka

Sorta. I have a game called Epic Mickey for the Wii. It takes place in an alternate disneyland full of old and forgotten characters. Making them oldies styled.

That is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Ortensia the cat. Characters made by Walt before Mickey Mouse even started.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I know, the reply is way late. I is cowardly.
Sorta. I have a game called Epic Mickey for the Wii. It takes place in an alternate disneyland full of old and forgotten characters. Making them oldies styled.

That is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Ortensia the cat. Characters made by Walt before Mickey Mouse even started.
Huh. I'd heard of the game, but I hadn't actually read anything about it, since I don't have a Wii. Eeenteresteeng...

Art-wise... I'd try and even out the shading a bit more. Use the side of the pencil, and take it slow - don't try to lay down your "final" depth of shading in one sweep.

OP
R

Ryka

Shading can be a bit tough, since it's tough to just have even shades. I also need to differentiate outlines from actual shading too.

Decided to draw another thing for Badass Amy, from when I first came here.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I know its weird, but i like how you did the side-eyelashes on the downed girl there. I like the attention to detail.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

You have potentail. Now draw 1,000 more drawings and you will be ten thousand times better.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

Id like to see her with different expresions. Can you do that?