What's new

help with hentai art/ sexy art

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
or art in general...i've had a tablet since april and no matter what i try i dont seem to be able to improve my lineart...and the best and sexiest hentai i've seen has immaculate lines... can anyone help a guy out with some tutorials or anything...just tip wouls help at this point...i draw at 250 dpi in paint tool sai and this is the best ive managed...it looks allright but not good enough

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: help with hentai art/ sexy art

Moved this to the appropriate section. Carry on.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome to the blank page. I hope here you'll be able to grow and prosper as an artist. We have a few folks around that should be able to give much more helpful tips than I... but I'll try.

First, practice is always important. Keep flexing that bit of your brain that works with art, and you'll slowly grow better at it. Lines and shadings just get better over time.

I'd also like to point out that while gaining inspiration from other pieces of work is great, and even healthy for the creative mind, you should find your own style and get comfortable with it. Even if it isn't like the other bits of hentai out there, your own style can really cement you.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Define what mean as "immaculate"
Do you mean smoothly drawn? Or are you refering to Anatomy when you say Lineart?

If it's smooth - Paint Tool SAI has a beautiful feature called a Stabilizer.
On the top of the canvas, with the zoom, rotation, and flip there should be a Stabilizer function as well. It may be called Smoothing, i've seen versions where it's either or

This function helps smooth your strokes, taking out jitter and shaking from your hand.

As far as anatomy goes, it's all practice and effort. I can't give you any tips on that, because I just went with the flow and just observed and implemented what I observed into my drawings.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well heres another take on the Line Art thing...

Got these from a Doujin Artist I follow...

As you can see the Line Art leaves room for improvements, but the end result is much more refined... I think that's the point though... Leave yourself some room to work for when your CGing, and clean it up as you go...

Twisted

Reputation score

The left would be more of a Sketch than a Lineart/Inked.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Define what mean as "immaculate"
Do you mean smoothly drawn? Or are you refering to Anatomy when you say Lineart?

If it's smooth - Paint Tool SAI has a beautiful feature called a Stabilizer.
On the top of the canvas, with the zoom, rotation, and flip there should be a Stabilizer function as well. It may be called Smoothing, i've seen versions where it's either or

This function helps smooth your strokes, taking out jitter and shaking from your hand.
by immaculate i mean really clean lines like in this ...and the smoothing tool just seemed to slow down the speed my pc registers the line...

if you look in that pic youll see the line thickness varies in the strokes too and i can only pull that off with the airbrush tool so far...also on paper my ink smudges a lot otherwise id use those for lineart

wow bei shun that seems like something that could work for me...ill give it a try

oh and if your interested i set up a blog for posting my hentai though there isnt much to see yet

Last edited:

Twisted

Reputation score

Yeah, I can tell from that picture that he doesn't have the stabilizer set very high, if on at all.

When I Ink, I use the Ink Pen, Generally size 5, unless I'm working on something huge, in which I set it higher. I set the sketch to 50% opacity, and ink in blue on a new layer. Smoothing at S-7
This is how it comes out
NSFW -
(Ignore the preview watermark, it's a commission WIP)

Of course, it's meant to be used so you can get a section of line done in a single stroke.

Also, I used the vector tool in SAI(instead of "New Layer" click "New Linework Layer") for the fishnets.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I can tell from that picture that he doesn't have the stabilizer set very high, if on at all.

When I Ink, I use the Ink Pen, Generally size 5, unless I'm working on something huge, in which I set it higher. I set the sketch to 50% opacity, and ink in blue on a new layer. Smoothing at S-7
This is how it comes out
NSFW -
(Ignore the preview watermark, it's a commission WIP)

Of course, it's meant to be used so you can get a section of line done in a single stroke.

Also, I used the vector tool in SAI(instead of "New Layer" click "New Linework Layer") for the fishnets.
i'm gonna go try this now...well technically i aint going anywhere...lols tablet right next to my bed...i wish my desk was better it just aint comfy sitting there...

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is Sai compatable with pressure sensitive Tablets?

I've been using Gimp and I KNOW that is, But I doodle on a higher line thickness... 15 to 25 and adjust myself to match the line thickness I need... I find applying a light touch to make a fine line or actually applying medium pressure to make a wider line, makes the line less... Robotic... And more Handdrawn I guess...

Twisted

Reputation score

Yeah. SAI is pressure sensative

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i've finished what do you think of this? i think it helped though ive been using it at 14 smoothing

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays ^^ also i have a competition on there...cant get my friends to join so you guys check it out

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

finally got something decent done ^^

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm noticing a trend between competentcy with SAI and availability of tablets. Anyway: Good work. Just work a bit on proportion, perspective and foreshortening and you'll be set-ish. Perspective and foreshortening are pretty similar, now that I think about it. Then again, I haven't looked up art terminology in a while. Maybe I should.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ive had mine since last april, is pretty good one... took me a while to strt imprpving and i cant stand photoshop next to sai

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

edit
another wip

you can get a better look at the pic on my blog here

another new pic

Last edited:
OP