What's new

LustFire Artworks

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks

Don't think I have, so just wanted to say I love your art and animations, hoping to see the game as well! Keep it up ^_^

ragin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Apparently, my partner is very sensitive about my cum splatters, because well.. let the gif do the talking. So, I felt obliged to go around and receive feedback about this. Here's my question:

What makes you horny? The fantasy or the realistic imagination?

Without reading I thought the brown was well... poop... seeing the finished version though, looks great!

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

When I finished the animation set, it turned out to be 200mb of in-game file. This is probably because I didn't go in-depth with the layering this time, as organizing these to fit in-game situations is a lot of consideration. 30 FPS may be acceptable and reduce the size by half, but I like to push for quality if I can.

You can use large files for dev. part, for consumer version - merge completed animations into something like video format, packing stuff together with necessary codec or player.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You can use large files for dev. part, for consumer version - merge completed animations into something like video format, packing stuff together with necessary codec or player.
I tried that already via QuickTime in After Effects, but the video file with the same layer was twice the size of the png layer. In any case, I spent a few days finding my solution and managed to halve my animation set file, but there's still concern on how much memory usage will accumulate during one run of the .exe, if the player manages to view every animation in-game (there can be up to 1GB of animation files).

IMG: This works surprisingly well for a height comparison. The girl on the left is supposed to be the shortest female character planned to be in the game, while the Incubus on the right is among the tallest.

Anyways, I mostly got their body profile, and now I'm gonna have trouble inventing "semi-otherworld" details for the Incubus's attire (btw, he's an important NPC who travels along with the Main Character).

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

I tried that already via QuickTime in After Effects, but the video file with the same layer was twice the size of the png layer. In any case, I spent a few days finding my solution and managed to halve my animation set file, but there's still concern on how much memory usage will accumulate during one run of the .exe, if the player manages to view every animation in-game (there can be up to 1GB of animation files).
Depends. If there is NO customization / variations for complete animation, and only difference is like few background, you can pack it with something hardcore into mp4 or even .webm, switching to CPU/ (or sometimes even GPU) usage, and size will be pretty decent.
From my own experience - optimization for animation on something like large .png files is really hard and without proper knowledge you may end up with both heavy memory usage and CPU usage.
Like i did, until my programmer spent whole weekend optimizing that stuff.

Last edited:
OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Depends. If there is NO customization / variations for complete animation, and only difference is like few background, you can pack it with something hardcore into mp4 or even .webm, switching to CPU/ (or sometimes even GPU) usage, and size will be pretty decent.
From my own experience - optimization for animation on something like large .png files is really hard and without proper knowledge you may end up with both heavy memory usage and CPU usage.
Like i did, until my programmer spent whole weekend optimizing that stuff.
I'll relay this info to my partner. Hopefully we'll figure out a compromise between game file size and memory usage.

IMG: Funny thing is I haven't really done "69" sex poses even though I put that number next to some of my usernames. I figured I create a replacement banner, since I didn't put much thought on my old one.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I kinda forgot how very wide a banner is supposed to be, so I didn't consider that I would've left out a lot of details if I cropped this without zooming out enough. I wonder if it looks better if I make it a closer shot to the face.. I should ask if you guys would rather "not" look at a penis all day.. haha.. In any case, it's up on my website if you guys got an opinion to share.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Anyways, I mostly got their body profile, and now I'm gonna have trouble inventing "semi-otherworld" details for the Incubus's attire (btw, he's an important NPC who travels along with the Main Character).
Piercings are always a good stand-by for denizens of the underworld. If you're looking for some suggestions, that is.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Something really dramatic hit my mind, and it's not because I'm depressed or discouraged. I just thought it would be interesting to see some feedback regarding this question.

How would you feel if I suddenly quit artwork entirely, abandoning all plans related to art and improving myself in the H-industry, REGARDLESS of personal situations?

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How would you feel if I suddenly quit artwork entirely, abandoning all plans related to art and improving myself in the H-industry, REGARDLESS of personal situations?
Normally would say you have to take care of yourself first and foremost, but if it wasn't for yourself... Feel kind of bewildered and confused, you've got a great deal of talent. Not to say you're required to just because you excel at it, but it's simply unusual to me.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Something really dramatic hit my mind, and it's not because I'm depressed or discouraged. I just thought it would be interesting to see some feedback regarding this question.

I'd barely even notice.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd barely even notice.
Ouch.

Anyways, I'm working on something atm, but I'm having a dilemma with the knee cap. I often get puzzled by when the knee is bending AND showing in front like this. I'd like to find a simple red-line illustration that would help me with the basics (and I never had a proper anatomy class in the past).

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

I would say it will be both boring and a bit sad.
Even if you're still learning, your sketches were useful and pretty good quality.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd say bummer, but then remind myself still exists so it's coo.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd say bummer, but then remind myself still exists so it's coo.
Interesting. I know my place in comparison, so I'm gonna work even harder to fill up my collection. :D It's amusing how blunt you guys can be.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As for the kneecap thing, testing on myself shows that the cap itself tends to align more with the lower leg than the upper while shifting enough to give the bend a more natural curve that actually hides it a bit. I'd try drawing a picture in Paint, but I'm late for work.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I got quite a lot of things to reveal in this post.

First image: Finished the battle profile of the main character

Second image: Sketch practice using one of the major NPCs (may or may not draw final CG off of it)

Now, about our project's gameplay, we decided that RPGMaker MV was too restrictive for us to apply some gameplay elements and visual animations. So, we want to switch to Game Maker Studio 2, which my partner has. However, I also was brought to a suggestion that we make a simple "ARPG" rather than a standard RPG, a heavily Zelda-esque gameplay. What this means is that my sprite job will be significantly increased, depending on the number of enemies and maps. I've gotten familiar with spriting over time, but considering the heavy load on me as an artist, I'm opening the possibility of getting external help later in development.

Another reason we want to switch to GMS2 is because of its compatibility with Spine animation program. For every CG sex animation, it takes up about 100mb per set. I want to try out Spine once I get enough money to buy the program, hoping that it would significantly decrease the file size to be used for GMS2's RAM (to minimize in-game stutters).

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you took the ARPG route, it wouldn't hurt to take a note from Violated heroine and spare yourself as the artist of a lot of trouble by finding ways to reuse assets, which VH does in excess and still manages to be a highly liked game.

Though I don't know what kind of content is being pushed, so I can't say that's the goto method. Something like pregnancy as a game mechanic is often avoided because of how much it complicates things, as an example.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

Another reason we want to switch to GMS2 is because of its compatibility with Spine animation program. For every CG sex animation, it takes up about 100mb per set. I want to try out Spine once I get enough money to buy the program, hoping that it would significantly decrease the file size to be used for GMS2's RAM (to minimize in-game stutters).
Spine itself is mostly skeletal animation tool as i recall. Actually i think i bought it for Perfeccia, so you can ask him few questions (although we also learning).
In terms of memory usage it can only help by making nicely packed .png spritesheets or exporting things into JSON format.
Until you're planning on using it for every single large animation, i think you should not bother with Spine only for memory things.

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I said I was going to do it, and I did. Don't know how useful this will be since I have no artistic merit...

Really simplistic, but it shows the behavior of the kneecap as the leg bends. The cap itself moves to protect the joint, and as it does it becomes less pronounced because it moves to occupy the gap created where the leg bends.