What's new

LustFire Artworks

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (8/27/14)

9/13/14: So.. knowing azure, I should've anticipated him developing another game. However, the game idea appealed to me in many ways, particularly because I like action games. Debt Slave is a long project and it's hard to decide on the CGs when the story takes a long time to develop as well.

I completed sketching the main portrait images of the protagonist (name unknown). A few more portraits might be needed depending on new systems and events applied in his game. A few enemy portraits and 2 GO CGs are planned for the demo.

V V V: I didn't want to say I like violent video games.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (9/13/14)

Action game? tis an rpg :)

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Sample update on the Dungeon Crawler game in development.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whatever this one is for is actually unknown to me (at the moment).

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (10/29/14)

Whatever it is for, I want more.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whatever it is for, I want more.
it's for a platformer i'm working on :) you get to fight through 4 levels, and either fuck or sacrifice a princess/girl to tentacle monster and gain a new power, when all 4 are beaten the last level/final boss is unlocked.

still waiting on sprites though :)

either way, here's one of the cg for after sacrificing to tentacle monster :)

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

As a consequence of trying this in one day, I made an unorganized approach to coloring. For example, a single layer profiles all shade color for "Green", but for "Skin" each shade color is in each individual layer (clipping masks). Layering is stressful, but it's a fail-safe for irreversible brushing mistakes.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks

Looks really rough, but it might make sense and work once I start on the cleaner outlines.

11/23: Since this is the same artwork, I won't be bumping this thread in that manner. It's still a work in progress, actually.

Last edited:
OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (11/23/14)

I did a little searching around for how people do the smooth shading. I'm assuming that Gaussian Blur is one of the common ways to approach it. However, I didn't extensively experiment it with this CG. I would rather keep the raw shade color profiles (as seen in the previous WIP image). Furthermore, there's no telling when I'd be unsatisfied with certain shadings I've done.

My technique for soft shading is simple. I use a Low % Fill brush (instead of Opacity, since it can produce some inconsistent brush work). Setting more than 3 brush presets doesn't seem necessary for me in PS, but it may become important when I want to deal with difficult textures, especially for backgrounds.

According to the last PM I received, I think I'd be interested in everyone's opinion about the value of my CGs so far. Some hard USD amount is fine, since I've never received any money from artworks in my life so far. After all, I'm not majoring in Art.

*Image below is estimated 3 days of work (calculated by dedication per day).

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (11/23/14)

I did a little searching around for how people do the smooth shading. I'm assuming that Gaussian Blur is one of the common ways to approach it. However, I didn't extensively experiment it with this CG. I would rather keep the raw shade color profiles (as seen in the previous WIP image). Furthermore, there's no telling when I'd be unsatisfied with certain shadings I've done.

My technique for soft shading is simple. I use a Low % Fill brush (instead of Opacity, since it can produce some inconsistent brush work). Setting more than 3 brush presets doesn't seem necessary for me in PS, but it may become important when I want to deal with difficult textures, especially for backgrounds.

According to the last PM I received, I think I'd be interested in everyone's opinion about the value of my CGs so far. Some hard USD amount is fine, since I've never received any money from artworks in my life so far. After all, I'm not majoring in Art.

*Image below is estimated 3 days of work (calculated by dedication per day).

£40 and up
(above 65usd)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (11/28/14)

What I would do if I were you, is to figure out how much money you'd have to make from your pictures if you needed that income in order to pay the bills and feed yourself.

So, rather than measuring in days, I'd suggest measuring in hours of dedicated work. If you need twelve hours to make an image like that, and you decide to work yourself for $10/hr (fairly low wage), then you should try to earn $120 for that image in some fashion or another.

If you're working for a game dev for example, and they want 12 CG's from you of that quality, you should hope to earn $1440 from your work (provided you still want $10/hr). After that point, it's up to the buyer if they find that price reasonable or not. Using one of Kyrieru's games as an example, his latest game, Eroico, made about $20,000 off of DlSite and had 15 CG's. If you made those 15 CG's for him, you should expect to be given at least $1800, or else you are simply not being given enough money to earn a good enough income off of your artwork.

That's the only logical conclusion I can come to for determining how much your art should be worth, the answer is simply how much you think your time is worth. Your artwork is very good, and if I were a game dev, I would say that $1800 for 15 CGs in a game that earned 20k cannot be argued as unreasonable.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

To be blunt, your art is worth what either you want to charge for it, or what someone wants to pay for it. Of course if someone gives you an offer of art and it is not of a price to your liking, you can simply say no. From what I see, I would say your art is worth around $35-40 on the low end (a bulk deal involving multiple images, for a game perhaps) and possibly up to $80-100 for a once off kind of thing.

Of course there are always mitigating circumstances, like how much time/effort goes into things like a background for the image as compared to the image itself. Generally drawing a single character is easier than drawing multiple characters so there really is not any cut and dry answer that someone can give you.

I would say that charging a flat rate for one character and then an extra charge for additional characters would make sense. The drawing would be more complex with the additional characters and therefore take more time to finish. Though how you choose to handle that is up to you in the end.

Deleted member 193004

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This will be my primary collection of Hentai artworks I do over time. Please PM this account concerning a request specific to my capabilities.

Any donations on requests is entirely up to you. However, my artworks will NOT be sold and used for marketing without my direct permission. Requests are solely my responsibility (whether or not I fulfill them).

Latest artworks found in recent posts.
Are you able to animate? I'm looking for people to do animated mini flashes.

Djinbu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Are you able to animate? I'm looking for people to do animated mini flashes.
Animation is extremely fucking expensive. It takes at least a year to understand enough to even make a decent animation and years before that to even draw well.

The Viper Series got me into toying with animation, but with very little resources out there, it's a hard skill to learn and requires hours upon hours of practice. It's nothing like drawing where there are a ton of free, readily available sources; animation has one main resource: "The Animator's Survival Kit," by Richard Williams, which is mostly idle banter and zero elaboration on concepts. Do not get me wrong - it is still an invaluable resource.

BladeFire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really nice CG-Artworks, great quality too!

I suggest you create yourself an account on "Hentai Foundry", to show off your work and skills. You may even find people who want to do commissions and trades etc there.
It's very nice as a central gallery for all your work that you can point people towards, and good for hosting your images too.

Lastly, I have a question: Can/do you do sprite-art? That would be baller for making games.

Last edited:
OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Lastly, I have a question: Can/do you do sprite-art? That would be baller for making games.
I tried it personally, but it was pretty stressful due to the size I started with and lack of knowledge with techniques.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Coloring it in monochrome is probably not the most productive step in CGing this.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (2/9/14)

Finished.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks (2/11/14)

That's a p.good pic.

While looking at all your art though, I do have a question. The breast shapes are always quite firm. Is that how you like breasts to look? Not a complaint or criticism, just wondering out of curiosity.