What's new

LustFire Artworks

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks

It's called lightning bounce/lightning reflection, you can look at how it's used in photography mostly and see the examples in spheres and tubes but the basic idea is that the light reflection in the darkest area or the border is due to the source of light bouncing off the wall or the room and touching the darkest area in the body, this lightning is many times weaker but enough to define the form almost like an outline

You use lightning bounce to make things pop out or to define the form of what you're working on especially in paintings with little lightning or a dark atmosphere. Tenebrism paintings especially use this as they have really dim light most of the time.
Yep, i know about that and I used it on my art work too. But the se two light bounces under the breasts aren't physically correct. The reason is because just behind the breasts there is the chest therefore the light cannot bounce there.
It could be correct on the sides, supposing the light comes from behind her directly or indirectly, but not on the bottom line.

That's just me, at least.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My only gripe really is how the dick narrows towards the bottom. Obviously some dicks do this, but the fact that it does this just at the edge of the illustration gives off the impression that it'll taper off more radically than usual. If that makes sense at all.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I learned quite a lot, but there are always new challenges ahead~.

Oh, one more thing.. While I'm not confident in my execution, I think I'm about ready to accept commissions. I wanna take some time getting used to my own rhythm or pattern with CGing, but so far I'm feeling optimistic about where I'm heading.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My only gripe really is how the dick narrows towards the bottom. Obviously some dicks do this, but the fact that it does this just at the edge of the illustration gives off the impression that it'll taper off more radically than usual. If that makes sense at all.
i thought that was a trope to make it look like it was BURSTING WITH VIRILITY

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! I learned quite a lot, but there are always new challenges ahead~.

Oh, one more thing.. While I'm not confident in my execution, I think I'm about ready to accept commissions. I wanna take some time getting used to my own rhythm or pattern with CGing, but so far I'm feeling optimistic about where I'm heading.

Great work! Looks awesome now!

Perhaps you should try to create some characters and give them names! I believe the redhead you have in your avatar is like a mascot, isn't she?

Like the Drgraevling's Sweatshirt or so! ;)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm still waiting for someone to actually pledge to the patreon, ya deserve it man

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i thought that was a trope to make it look like it was BURSTING WITH VIRILITY
It might be a Japanese trope, though it doesn't necessarily appeal to people who aren't overly familiar with the art genre.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

CG 2 in the works.

Unfortunately, for advertisement on my Patreon, I will most likely add a watermark on my finished CGs from here on. However, if a CG has, let’s say.. 6 variations, I can show 1 of these variations with a less obstructive watermark / signature.

It may be hard to discuss about any ingratiating mistakes with a messy sketch, but feel free to comment!

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CG 2 in the works.

Unfortunately, for advertisement on my Patreon, I will most likely add a watermark on my finished CGs from here on. However, if a CG has, let’s say.. 6 variations, I can show 1 of these variations with a less obstructive watermark / signature.

It may be hard to discuss about any ingratiating mistakes with a messy sketch, but feel free to comment!

his dick reminds me of cyanide and happiness for some reason

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Looks great, don't let that left arm go to waste, place the shield somewhere else, maybe in the background with some torn off armor pieces...:p

I mean, seeing her clench that fist makes the picture all the more exciting.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Looks great, don't let that left arm go to waste, place the shield somewhere else, maybe in the background with some torn off armor pieces...:p

I mean, seeing her clench that fist makes the picture all the more exciting.
I intend to draw a Naked and "Clothed" version. dw~ Although.. your comment is giving me some background ideas..

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good work LF.
:)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I keep hearing about a game being made. Who's working on it? Any blog or something I can read to keep up to date on development?

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I keep hearing about a game being made. Who's working on it? Any blog or something I can read to keep up to date on development?
It's best to forget about the development. This was something I personally planned, but the work is too much for me right now. If I want to CG for a game, I need to know what I am capable of and develop my capabilities through consistent practice. That's why I'm actively reaching out and producing through Patreon.

Barreytor was responsible for the RPGMaker client, and we still talk to each other. But I want to withdraw from trying to make a game for now. I guess I was too overconfident.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I told one developer about you. Was it being both an artist and programmer that was too much? I'd imagine that just being an artist would put the least amount of work load on you. If so, Kyrieru makes fantastic games, and I did tell him about you since you are obviously pretty skilled.

I don't know if he's looking for a cg artist. He does do the hentai part of his games last, so it might be possible to contact him and get something going, take a cut of the profits for his game in return for cg work.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If I can say one word.. Layers.

What I began was one of the most complicated setup for an artist (me) and programmer (Barr). But it was especially hard on the artist.

I forgot that I neglected to talk about the details, since I wanted to keep spoilers away, but considering what's been going on for me now, I might as well explain the main points. This will be quite a read.

1. The game was intended to be a linear RPG, but with multiple paths.. A LOT of them. This is influenced by the game's corruption and relationship system. The main character can develop affinity with secondary characters, but she can also develop her Lewd behavior further to determine her attitude.

Overall, this left me with a "facial template", which gives me work on facial expression variation for 3 Lewd Personality Level. Think of Acerola's games, which also feature corruption (the artist also worked with this sometimes when he/she was part of Saboten).

2. The battle system is not just your standard turn-based gameplay. It also consists of Battle Rape, which modifies the battle gameplay by utilizing every players' MP bar in a special manner. Barr and I polished it up to the point that we were confident there would be no game-breaking issue. However, the main issue again lies with the artist. Battle Rape portraits are shown on the right side, and these portraits rely on not only facial expression layers but also clothing.

Now that I look back at what I put myself into, I can safely say that it was too ambitious, also because I haven't learned the fundamentals of game development.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That could certainly be a lot of work for an artist, unless you took the more common route, which was just having one outfit, or just under half a dozen total in the game. That would mean far less amount of layers to draw.

Though, on the coding end, it might have been easier to draw the battle rape going on when she's nude only. Or have cut-ins that show a nude model despite wearing clothes. It's a little weird, but it would save you on a lot of time and effort. That's pretty much what Kyrieru does when drawing things for his game.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Oh yeah.. I forgot to mention the main character has three areas for bukkake cum (face, chest, legs).

You know, I've left this alone for a very long time and changed my art style, but I'm hoping for a good and manageable restart.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That would be cool. I'd like a game with your art in it (and I'd hope the gameplay would be good too).

I know I'm just a nobody who runs a few ero-role plays, and I don't know squat about game development, but instincts tell me that with a big project like a game, and only two people working on it, it'd be best to start with a super small idea and work towards realizing that idea. If you feel at that point like you can handle more, you can expand on that idea a little at a time.

I was working on an RPG-maker game myself with text-only ero, centered around an internet-friend of mine, Ryu Doppler and his character he's playing as. The entire game was just one house and the light forest around it. I started small, and found out that just developing one little house and filling it with content wasn't a cakewalk and required a lot of thought. I'd have been overwhelmed if I wanted to make even more than that.

So, considering I felt I was reaching my limit making one house, I can understand the dangers of overestimating yourself.

If and when you do feel like doing a restart, my suggestion is to avoid the thought of wanting to make 'a really good game'. Just focus on making 'an okay game' and see if you feel like you can improve upon it as you go into production.