What's new

Demon's Tale reboot

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
"Arise, my child. Arise, Saphaellus and fulfill the purpose you were given" came a deep male voice, ringing inside of her head, causing her to stir groggily and let out a soft groan.

Saphaellus was a young demon, finished her training but yet to be unleashed on the world and from the sound of it, her time had come. She rose from the plush sheets of her luxurious bed and brushed her long red hair from her eyes with a soft groan as she thought back to her training...

A) Physical Training - Saphaellus has superior physical ability, able to run faster and leap higher. She has combat training both hand to hand and with a variety of weapons. Her magical abilities consist primarily of shapeshifting and powers to further augment her in physical confrontations.

B) Mental Training - Saphaellus has superior mental ability, and can usually think her way around any problem. She has a deep understanding of mortal technology and can quickly get the best of it. Her magical abilities are of the offensive variety, able to psychically assault an individual's mind directly.

C) Social Training - Saphaellus has superior social ability, and can blend into just about any crowd or gathering. She is an expert liar and manipulator, and can easily read people. Her magical abilities consist primarily of illusions and charms, further aiding her in deception and manipulation.

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Demon's Tale reboot

I'll go with C) Manipulative demon sounds nice.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

((Well, I don't see this one turning around, as much as I like to leave more time))

Giving one final stretch, Saphaellus looked down upon her slender body and her lips curled into a smirk as she wove an outfit upon her form with shadow magic. Stepping out of bed, she glanced around her room, frowning slightly in the knowledge that this would be the last she saw of this luxurious home for some time. Still, she knew better than to linger too long, not when her lord called.

A smile formed on his lips as the young demon made her way into the throne room. "Ah, it is good that you are here, Saphaellus," he began, the words almost purring as he spoke. "As you are aware, I have a task for you. You'll be attending a ball held by some associates of mine, however we have reason to believe that the guest list may have been... shall we say compromised? We think that one or more enemy agents may have slipped into the ball, and we would like you to sniff them out. You'll have a contact there who can assist you further and when you identify them can arrange to have them removed."

"You'll be able to identify your contact through use of a code phrase. You will say the phrase 'I've heard the spring storms are bad at this time of year,' and they will respond with 'You should see the storms of Zadachs Cove, they're quite the spectacle.' This is how you will know them. Once you have completed this task, as I know you will, they will have another for you. Now go, for time works against us."

And with that, the young demon felt the somewhat unfamiliar wrenching of a teleportation spell, as she was deposited into the mortal world. As she got her bearing, she found herself in an out of the way supply room, although already she could hear the muffled sounds of the party in progress. Slipping out, she found her way to the grand ballroom by simply following the sounds, her eyes taking in the details of the grand palace she seemed to now be within. Catching sight of the guests, she was relieved that her rather revealing outfit wasn't out of place amoungst them, and began to formulate her first move.

A) Mingle with the guests and try to locate her contact
B) Try to get a look at the guest list and see if anything stands out
C) Search for her contact amoungst the staff
D) Other

Pride) Make an entrance to remember
Sloth) Simply focus on blending in for the moment, and getting a feel for the mood

To further clarify, Pride or Sloth are options instead of, not in addition to, the letters. For those who TL;DR'd

About mechanics
Some points in the story may present special options labelled with a sin instead of a number. These will always be listed separate to the lettered list, but may be voted on the same as any other. The reason they are separate as that they are more likely to have an effect on Saphaellus as her sins influence her and grow in power. This is necessarily a positive or negative effect, but it will help to shape her as a demon and influence further choices down the track. If Saphaellus consistently makes decisions that indulge a certain sin, she will grow to resemble that sin further and further. That said, a single choice in a given sin occasionally will make little noticeable difference in how she acts.

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Prideful

Last edited:

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Prideful. I'm curious :eek:

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pride.

Let's get this party started.~

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

It wasn't enough for her to blend in, oh no, she was above these mortals; an agent of a demon lord itself in a demon run party. As she strode towards the top of the grand stairs where a herald was announcing guests, she formulated her plan.

A passing member of the staff caught her eye, a youth with short, cropped blonde hair and a slim but muscular build, and he just seemed to make that uniform work. With a grin, she added him to his plan, and stepping in front of him to intercept, she softly wrapped her arms around him as she began to whisper into his ear. Taken by surprise, he found himself backed into a nearby side room by her...

But it wasn't enough, not yet. Emerging again from her room, her eyes scanned about through the serving staff, until she found someone she liked, a pretty girl with mousey brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and some amazing curves. For this one, Saph used a different approach, intercepting the girl as she neared the room that had been commandeered, and asked the girl for help with something. The last sound that could be heard after the girl had been coaxed into the room was that of the tray she was carrying hitting the floor with a clatter.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Contessa Ruby, Daughter of Lord Scarlet, Demonic Lord of Lust, Indulgence and Chorus," the herald announced to the room; almost immediately all eyes turned upon Saphaellus. Slowly, daintily, she led her newly acquired slaves, each now wearing a collar which she held the leash for and little more save a few decorative pieces of cloth here and there to further accent their... natural attributes. She had made sure the pair of them were suitably aroused before her entrance as well, for added impact; after all, she'd hardly be worthy of her assumed title if she couldn't manage at least this.

It took a while for her entrance to sink in with the assembled guests, if anything, there seemed to be some growing sense of doubt. Frowning slightly at this, Saphaellus paused halfway down the staircase and with but a moment's concentration flared her black, bat-like wings. Previously not visible, they erupted from between her shoulders to cause a collective gasp from the guests; there was no longer any doubt about her racial heritage. With a smile, she brought her empty hand down to slowly tease her fingers along the length of her male slave, before continuing the slow procession downwards.

The reaction to her appearance was mixed, with some eagerly pressing forwards to greet her at the base of the stairs, others shying away nervously. And as she began to bask in the attention of the former, a dark haired man best described as nondescript pushed his way through the crowd and grabbed her by the arm. "Are you mad?!" he whispered sharply in her ear, clearly upset.

A)Go along with the man
B) Attempt to ignore him
C) 'I've heard the spring storms are bad at this time of year'
D) Other

Wrath) Free her arm and fight back
Pride) Command the guests to seize him in the name of Lord Scarlet

Last edited:

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

C) Maybe he's the contact :p

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score

C would be the best choice. He's either the contact, or we're just very eccentric.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hrmm, no 'Other' option this time. I'm tempted to ride out the Pride option. If he is our contact, he's a fool for trying to butt in on the plan we've set in motion.

However, I'd prefer to stare him down coolly, and ignore his outburst. Perhaps he will give in and realize that we intend to ride out this course of action for better or for worse.

The C option is a bad idea. We want to appear calm and dignified, like we're supposed to be here. We can't start spouting off nonsense lines in front of people we've just started impressing.

So the best option is B. Attempt to Ignore Him.

After the party settles down a bit, we'll approach him and try out the line. But really I was hoping that if we got a big enough crowd talking to us, we could work our coded phrase into our talk and let the real contact, if they are listening, speak up.

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

B, for the reasons above, but Wrath as well.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hrmm, no 'Other' option this time. I'm tempted to ride out the Pride option. If he is our contact, he's a fool for trying to butt in on the plan we've set in motion.

However, I'd prefer to stare him down coolly, and ignore his outburst. Perhaps he will give in and realize that we intend to ride out this course of action for better or for worse.

The C option is a bad idea. We want to appear calm and dignified, like we're supposed to be here. We can't start spouting off nonsense lines in front of people we've just started impressing.

So the best option is B. Attempt to Ignore Him.

After the party settles down a bit, we'll approach him and try out the line. But really I was hoping that if we got a big enough crowd talking to us, we could work our coded phrase into our talk and let the real contact, if they are listening, speak up.
^

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So which is it? Ignore, or wrathfully not ignore?
Free the arm, but then do one's best to ignore him. Well, it's not the ignoring per se, but as you said, shouting out coded messages in this room full of curious strangers doesn't seem like the best idea.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited: