What's new

Sins of the Face

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
I can't remember if i posted this but i was cruising around my computer and stumbled onto an old story i'd written, a parody of daytime soaps if you will:

The Sins of the Face

“How could you, I thought you loved me?” Susan pleaded with the man's back as her hands grasped at the air in front of her and she lurched forward involuntarily.

“Love...” Chad calmly said as he glanced at the woman over his shoulder. “I don't know the meaning of the word love...” He swung his gaze back in front of him and slightly towards the roof as his voice echoed through the room with an odd balance between spite and monotone.

“But Chad...” It was almost as though she was eternally trying to keep her balance by precariously placing one foot in front of the other rather than walking as she approached him. “What about our baby?”

Chad spun around to face the woman. “Our... baby?” He said as though the wall around his heart had shattered.

The two paused for a moment with nothing but their eyes connecting them. Their legs seemed to stammer as they edged closer to each other, finally bringing the pair together in a sweet embrace.

“Oh Susan...” Murmured Chad quietly into her ear.

However with this there was a massive crash and a frightening neigh as a magnificent white stallion forced its way through the doors and into the room. Its powerful hooves pounded the floor thunderously as it clopped its way towards them.

“Unhand her!” Came a strangely meek but undeniably potent bellow from the dashing man astride the horse.

“Huh” Susan gasped, pushing herself away from Chad. “Chad's rebellious brother Chase!”

“Susan Paxton-Bridge, don't go with him.” Chase calmly commanded from atop his mount as his arm reached out towards her. “Come with me and our passion can burn for all eternity.”

“Chad's rebellious brother Chase... I can't go with you, I'm carrying his unborn child!” She cried out, almost breaking into tears.

“Thats right my rebellious brother Chase.” Chad moved his arm over Susan's shoulder and gently cupped her hand in his. “We love each other and for all your rogue like charm you cannot defeat that.”

“Love...” Chase glared at chase piously. “You don't even know the meaning of the word love...”

There was a palpable sense of foreboding that hung in the air, a knowing that a terrible truth was about to be unearthed.

“Isn't that right, Susan Huntington!” Chase's glare had become hellish and his words sliced into his brother like a knife edge.

Chad suddenly began to let her posture droop and Susan leaned away from her. “Chad...” She weakly let out, but Chad gave no reply, only letting Susan slip further away from her.

“You see Susan, Chad never loved you.” He continued in his strange bellow. “She was using you from the very beginning.”

“Oh Chad, say it isn't so... you love me!” Susan was knocked back a few steps by Chad's lack of reply, the look on her face said more than her words ever could have.

“Its true...” Chad announced with a newfound resolve. “I posed as a man, but only to find out the cause of my fathers disappearance.”

With that the double doors at the end of the room burst open to reveal a beautiful black thoroughbred That stood imposingly in the archway with its rider staring valiantly into the room and a large but strange, scrappy dog stood at its feet, mirroring its masters gaze.

“Sah U'Ske!” Susan exclaimed loudly.

“And his faithful hound Bert!” Chad finished for her in the same, shocked voice.

“I believe I know who is responsible.” Sah maneuvered his horse into the room with perfect equestrianism, his dog matching every move pristinely.

“What could you, a mere family retainer know!” Chase scoffed at the man as his stallion lurched backwards at Sah's aura of confidence.

“I know that you neither love nor deserve the affections of such a kind woman Chase” Sah's horse reared up on its hind legs, all the while he maintained perfect posture during his accusation. A short silence filled the room as Sah's horse slowly edged its way towards Chase. “The truth is Chase is not Chad's rebellious brother...” Chase suddenly recoiled at this statement, something which seemed to please Sah. “He is in fact... Susan Paxton-Bridge!”

“No... thats not true... thats impossible... I'm Susan Paxton-Bridge” Susan cried out in a horrible howl.

Sah shook his head solemnly. “I am afraid not dear... Chase is your twin sister and the real Susan Paxton-Bridge. This has all been her cunning ploy for your rightful inheritance...”

“Wait...” Chad interrupted. “If my rebellious brother Chase wasn't my brother I would have known about it.”

Once more Sah shook his head. “I am also afraid Chad that you would not, with your chronic amnesia you have forgotten that your real rebellious brother Chase died when you where a 4 year old kindergarten child.”

“But how do you know these things?” Chad burst out again.

“Because Chad, I am your father.” With a flick of his hand Sah sent his cape flying into the air and suddenly he was no longer the aged family retainer, he had removed his disguise and was the proud and noble man he used to be once more. “Thats right... I am Drake Huntington.” His voice now echoed powerfully through the hall with fantastic force.

“Why...” Chad darted to her fathers side. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“I could never live with the shame I brought this family...” His head sunk again but still retained his powerful aura of courage. “Not after I cause your mothers death in the bridge accident.”

“Actually I don't mean to impose...” Drake's faithful hound Bert said standing upright. “But I am in fact not dead.” Much to the amazement of Chad, Chase and Susan, the hound was not in fact a hound but was in fact Lady Susan Huntington.

“Ah so thats where you've been all this time.” Drake calmly said with a measured amount of surprise and elation.

“Yes I am terribly sorry about my absence.” Lady Susan shuffled her disguise and brushed some of the dirt of her remarkably well kept dress.

“I always did think Bert walk a tad strangely for a dog.” Drake maintained his composure perfectly atop his mount. “I have to ask why though?”

“Dear, after your scandal in the bridge tournament, it was all I could do to distract people so that you might escape your shame.” Lady Susan explained in the same pristine style as her husband. “Although something else I've been wondering is that if both Chad and Chase are woman, then who's child is Miss Paxton-Bridge carrying?”

Suddenly there was a tremendous shattering sound as a magnificent brown bear hurtled through the window and was brought to heel next the congregation by a rugged looking man in an immaculately pressed suit.

“Doctor Charles Darcy...” Susan yelped as the bear brushed up against her. “What are you doing here?”

“I have your test results back Susan and I'm sorry to say that its not good news.” Charles muttered while shuffling around in his saddle.

“No... whats wrong with Susan.” Chad said in a concerned tone.

“I am afraid that she is not pregnant and never will be...” Charles explained as everyone one in the room let out a short gasp. “Because Susan is a man.”

“No but how can that be? I would know if I was a man!” Susan almost fell onto the floor with the shock of this statement.

“Like Chad you also suffer from chronic amnesia, when your sister...” Charles nods towards Chase. “When your sister ran away when you where small you started to think you where her. Your real name is Peter Paxton-Bridge. Until now you where destined to be trapped as a woman.”

“No... no...” Susan began to mutter to himself quietly.

“That is not the worst of it I'm afraid, your tests show that the lump in your stomach is terminal cancer.”

“No!” Susan let out in a long scream before promptly turning on his heels and running from the room as if somehow that would let him escape this revelation.

“Susan come back” Chase cried as she bolted from the room after him.

“Come back I still love you” Chad yelled following Susan out shortly after Chase, leaving Drake, Charles and Lady Susan in the room alone.

“So... anyone for a game of bridge?” Drake calmly asked.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Sins if the Face

Oh my god, I remember that train wreck *laughs* How did that one get graded, anyway?

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Sins if the Face

very favorably if i remember.

i like that everyone is mounted.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Sins of the Face

Too easy. Much too easy.

*wanders off humming innocently*

OP
Nunu

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

think you can do better.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

No, see, I've had the usage of the word "Mounted" ruined for me, by a college prof, no less. Gal in the class wrote a poem about someone watching a girl training a horse and she used the line "In an instant, she was mounted." The professors remark to the line was "Horse sex." To which just about everyone in the class went "Huhwha?" I think he was trying to point out the pronoun usage stuff but we were all "What the hell are you smoking, Parker?"

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually that wasn't as confusing as most soap operas I've seen. Still hilarious just not as confusing as I expected.