What's new

Tentacle Defense

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey hey!

So I had this funny idea today as I was walking home. Have any of you ever heard of ? Assuming you read the page I linked, or you already know what I'm referring to, I'll continue.

The idea I had was a variation of this game, where the towers were built by a sex fiend, and the "attacking units" are swarms of women rushing in to kill the fiend. Usually, these games have some sort of currency system that limits you on how you can build things. My first thought would be to label the currency "available semen", or something clever like that. I also figured that there could also be "breeding dens" that act as a support unit that temporarily bolsters towers that are within their range. Breeding dens are built once females are captured during their attempts to kill the fiend. Some of the other things to consider are the different types of towers that could be built.

Unfortunately, I have a bit too much on my plate at the moment, but I figured I'd plant my seed here and see if impregnates the community womb. What do you guys think?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Defense

That does sound neat... lemme think about the concept some:

• The women don't have hitpoints in the traditional sense; instead it's "arousal" or somesuch.
  • The tower attacks deal out "arousal damage", and when a woman "dies", she actually orgasms and gets dragged underground. I'd say "off", but that'd be too hard to implement as opposed to a "ground sprouts tentacles and makes her disappear down a hole" death animation.
  • Ground vs. air. Can't think of how to implement air with this system. Angels? Valkyries? Women on winged pegasi?
  • So... towers:
    [*]Yer basic shooty tower probably spits cum or something.
    [*]A continuous-beam tower could stick out a tentacle and feel up its target.
    [*]An artillery tower might "shoot" out foocubi - gender randomly generated, of course.
    [*]A slow tower might cause tentacles to erupt from the ground within its effect range. Damage and slow!
    [*]Gas is an obvious one.​

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

I like the arousal idea, that makes perfect sense in this context.

With regards to air, the sky's the limit. I suppose we'd have to consider the time period this is set in, or completely disregard that and go with whatever. All of the examples you listed are appropriate, though we could pop in Suits or steam planes.

I suppose we could make the Breeding Den something like a back end thing - the place where the girls are dragged off to. If we implement it that way, there should be some way for the attacking units to "save" some if the fallen girls (perhaps if a unit manages to make it to the fiend's lair, they retrieve a captured girl).

Also, what's a foocubi?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I like the arousal idea, that makes perfect sense in this context.

With regards to air, the sky's the limit. I suppose we'd have to consider the time period this is set in, or completely disregard that and go with whatever. All of the examples you listed are appropriate, though we could pop in Suits or steam planes.
I was assuming "fantasy", so swords and sorcery. I guess that means we could have levitating sorceresses or somesuch.
I suppose we could make the Breeding Den something like a back end thing - the place where the girls are dragged off to. If we implement it that way, there should be some way for the attacking units to "save" some if the fallen girls (perhaps if a unit manages to make it to the fiend's lair, they retrieve a captured girl).
That kinda violates the standard tower defense template, though... the attackers would have to drag the rescuee back through the tower area, among other things.
Also, what's a foocubi?
"Foo" is a common metasyntatical variable; in this case, it's representing either "in" as in "in-cubi", or "suc" as in "suc-cubi", thereby covering both male and female variants in one word. Got the idea from playing NetHack.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ha, I like this idea. Unfortunately I suck at graphics and programming in flash.

Still, I can see how it would work...
1.) You build and place tentacle monsters with special abilities using "tentacles" as a raw material (or ones of a specific color?)
1.5) You can of course upgrade with more tentacles later.
2.) You're awarded tentacles at the end of the round based on the number of girls you have left "under your control" somewhere off-map.
2.5) Maybe one special upgrade is to stick a live girl in the monster itself - no longer contributes to your "allowance" but makes that tentacle extra-special (regeneration? auto-upgrading?)
3.) Either:
a.) There are men and women, men you just kill, women you KO/Arouse then keep at the end of the round.
b.) There are only women, but you have to do two things: first beat them, then arouse them. Most tentacle types can only do one or the other, and the "arouse" ones are quickly beaten by girls who are still armed/armored. If you beat them to death instead of beating them into submission then arousing them, you don't get to keep them...
4.) This takes place in a mess of tunnels rather then open air (get rid of silly flying units, and half the point of most tower defenses is to build a series of tunnels in the first place).
5.) Once they take a certain amount of damage, monsters retreat into the walls. You'll may have to repair them (at a trivial cost) at the end of the round.
6.) There has to be a point to attackers "getting through." Carrying off one of your women works for me... have to decide if they get a "back door" exit, ignored on their way back, or attacked on their way back.

Tomoe

Lurker
Reputation score

It doesn't have to violate the standard. They could be trying to rescue someone and.. just got an idea?

Make the game extraordinarily hard. The objective for the girls running through is to attempt to rescue all the girls from your dungeon/breeding den. Every time you "kill" a girl you capture them and every time a girl makes it through they rescue one girl. So basically you're trying to get a surplus of girls which would count as lives at the end of each round to make your ability to survive the next rounds better. Of course, as I stated before, it'd be difficult and so on a somewhat good round, you'd lose as many girls as you gained, giving the illusion that nothing had happened.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

DeMatt. That game is a spin-off of tower defense, where the attackers go in, steal your power orbs, and then attempt to escape with them. Once all of the orbs are gone, the defense grid shuts down, and its game-over. While it may appear relatively easy at a glance (since the attackers then must survive the way back), it is not. Each tower can only focus on one unit at a time, and attacking units usually come in large numbers. Costs for upgrading are quite costly, so you really have to pick and choose wisely. (thus, I do not believe this violates the template so much as it violates the attackers =P)

That said, perhaps we to achieve this level of difficulty, we may need to change the men to women ratio so that there are more male units trying to get in. As TheTwo mentioned, male units would most likely be killed off due to their uselessness to the fiend (though my brain screams SUPRISE BUTTSHECKS! BONUS POINTS!)

- Regarding the foo, I am familiar with the variable, though I didn't catch on to the reference at first. That's pretty funny there man.

- We could do this in a Fantasy setting, in fact it probably would be better. Additionally, basing the game inside of a tunnel may be the best solution, as it does seem bit fitting.

- Upgraded "towers" could be shown using different colours, that's a great idea. Additionally, sacrificing female resources for things like regen, or special abilities would be a neat idea.

- Damaging "towers" should also free units from their ravaging (which I guess was evident with the "retreating", right?)

These are all great ideas. I'd like to add one more of my own:
- Slime: Slows the enemy, and has a slight arousal rate.

===
(we can keep running with the ideas, but while the seed is taking root, I'm gonna push on)

Now then, I know that using flash is a bitch, and making graphics isn't necessarily everyone's forte, there are still other things that can be done. Sound bytes, background music, and concept art (rough sketches) are all important parts of a game too. Who would like to take on some of these roles?

------------------- Roles -----------------
== (if I missed one, tell me and I'll add it) ==
== (More than one person can take a role) ==
Scripting:
Graphics:
Music: (even just using something from NG is fine)
SFX:
Art:
------------------------------------------

I hope I'm not scaring anyone, haha.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I volunteer for spell-checker and general make-sure-it-sounds-right Lady!!

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I'm gonna toss in my two bits on enemy types about now, btw. Going off several sources for our enemies here, though a few reconizable names will problaby be from the FFs ^^;

Ground, Melee-
Adventurer- Basic spawn, VERY average stats. If spawns are allowed attacks, probably the weakest in combat and armor
Fighter- A more powerful Adventurer, the Fighters will be able to hit opponents hard, but be slow due to thier large weapons :p
Paliden- A holy warrior, she has a high Arousal level and a high defense, and can even lower her ally's arousal levels! A difficult fighter indeed
Thief- the classic 'Fast' spawn. Moves quickly, and rather weak. Maybe could steal some currency to sell back in town?
Ninja- A stronger Thief. With the ability to dodge traps- like slimes- the Ninja would be hard to pin down.

Ground, Ranged-
Mage- the Mage is the basic caster, and could act as ranged support.
Healer- The Healer's only goal is to reduce her ally's arousal levels via her Turn Off spell ;3
Ranger- Longer range then Mages, the Ranger, is another one that has low defense, but due to her range, she's very difficult to defend from.
Hunter- Armed with guns, these are the hardest ground spawns due that most towers cant hit back. With moderate defense, the Hunter also deals tremendous damage, stronger then the Ninja or Paliden.
Necromanceress- A spellcaster of another sort. Every soo often, she summons groups of girl Zombies- not ugly ones, of course!- that will cause even more trouble then most of the others combined. However, they make a good source of currency all bound and spunkfilled....

Air-
Hoverer- A essentric gnome (Loli?) that managed to construct a basic flying machine. She cant attack, but she can soar over towers and traps.
Aegyl- Warrior ladies with twin-bladed weapons and wings. Though the strain of thier wings dont make them that strong, you can assure them a longer life span as breeding material...
Angels- Airial Palidens.
Demongirls- Traitorous succubai that wish only to increase thier coffers. Able to use fire blasts and whips, they can be quite the airial pain.
Dragongirl- The apitany of airial doom. With sharp duel swords, a thick hide, and a fiery breath, Dragongirls are the ultimate air menance. They tend to look cute all covered with cum though.

So, what do ya think?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

i think i should get to work doing my job all over that post, but my procrastination is kicking in...

also, love them all ;)

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

On terms of currency, I'm not sure if we're using actual cash or not - after all, what would a tentacle do with a gold piece? (maybe buy several packs of tentacle quality condoms? ;p)

I just watched this hentai last night where the Devil's source of power was "holy energy" - energy released from a woman when she is violated. Perhaps we could work with that as the energy requirements for upkeep and building.

in terms of the long range attackers... Tower defense typically involves all of the units traversing across the field of battle. I am not certain how a "support" unit would work in this situation, such as the mage, never mind the hunter. Typically, this is how the waves work:

weak units in small swarms
weak units in large swarms
fast units in small swarms
medium units small swarms
small and weak units in mixed swarms
large units in small swarms
boss units entirely by themselves

In all cases, they're moving across the map. I like the ideas you are presenting, but I think you need to elaborate what you had in mind for some of the "support" units.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Didn't read the whole thread, but having played ninja town on the DS, I just imagined something like this but instead of ninjas, you have tentacle monsters.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

my idea was more based off Plants vs. Zombies, where ya build towers and the enemies charge from the opposite side.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

so a tower defence then?

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

So it would appear, Nunu.

I've never played that before. Are you suggestion to make the tentacle monsters the ones that are attacking?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

it would work either way, the tentacles could be stopping girls from escaping / traveling / whatever or it could be about defending the girls from tentacles.

Pale

Reputation score

Perhaps this is a tangent... but maybe a "Defend Your Castle" idea might work slightly better? If you remember that game where you are beset by stick people, and you have to use your God-hand to throw them up in the sky..

Or... drop them into your castle to be "converted" (Oh look, opportunity)... then use your points to buy units (Oh look!). Could be amusing.

P

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

One idea I had, was instead of the conventional "whittle your enemies' health down" tower defense, all your tentacles one-hit-kill enemies, and what you're upgrading is how fast is take your tentacles to successfully creampie the bitches so that they can move onto the next nearby girl.

Another thing they could upgrade is how far the tentacles can reach.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Didn't read the link, but I do play WCIII custom maps of the Maul/TD variety, so I have some ideas:

1) Yeah, make it completely ground IMO.
2) Starting tower is a free tower, with no attack, but it can upgrade (for cheap) into either an attacking tower or an arousal tower.
3) Attacking towers go for armor first, then for HP. The Arousal towers do full 'arousal' (mana) damage to unarmored units, 75% damage to 'light' armored units, 50% damage to medium armored, 25% to heavy, and no damage to fortified units.
4) Tower types: Attacking towers, as stated, go for armor or HP. Arousal towers go for 'arousal' (mana). Attacking towers gain a lot more attack as you get better ones, but begin to attack slower. Arousal towers all attack quickly, but their damage only goes up very slightly as you get better ones. One or Two special towers that have Attack damage AND Arousal damage, switching depending on whether the target has any armor or not. Also, Final tower or two that go through armor and do straight Arousal damage.
5) A couple supporting towers. One that boosts tower attack speed, one boosts tower attack/arousal damage, one that decreases the effectiveness of the armor (MAX armor is reduced by 25-30%), and one that allows Arousal towers to go through armor and deal 25% more damage (meaning light armor takes full damage, medium takes 75%, heavy takes 50%, and fortified takes 25%)
6) Supporting Towers #2: An 'entangler' tower which holds an unarmored (and ONLY unarmored) unit in place. It can be upgraded to hold up to 2 units at a time. Only a certain # can be built. It does arousal damage, and the target is impervious to the attacks of all other towers. Another tower would be the 'loader', which does even less Arousal damage than the basic Arousal tower, but has AOE and slow properties regardless of armor. Can be upgraded to increase the AOE and length of time the cum sticks, increasing the slow time.
7) The objective is to keep from losing all your lives, or in this case, the hoard of women you have. The attacking women take from the hoard if they make it through, so even if you can't catch them with an 'arousal' tower, you should still kill them.
8) The more women you have in your hoard, the more towers you can control. If you lose too many women, towers will refuse to operate, starting with the last tower placed forward until the # of units controlled is lower than or equal to the current allowable limit.
9) You have to build a maze for the women to run through. Towers take up four squares in a square formation. The attackers require at least one square to run through.