What's new

Jungle girl[No the thread is not misplaced]

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Jungle girl[No the thread is not misplaced]

The colour seems fine, though I would personally suggest having 2 or 3 different versions so people can switch ingame.
Some people just like other things.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I fixed the lips, I hope. I also reverted to previous color scheme. The updated pic replaced the original frame. If there are strong opinions on colors, I'd like to hear them. Recolor is easy, but the more pics get made, the longer it takes to switch.

Additional stuff:

All (constructive) critics welcome, you can be blunt.
Judging from this picture,she needs more boob. Could be just the arms messing with the perspective, though.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It may just be me, but the legs seem a little long in proportion to the actual body

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I finally got what about her lips in the first pic annoy me. Even though she's scared or whatever, the lower lip shouldn't be curved like that. It's still a convex shape.

I dunno if you considered it, but you could use the old artwork and trace it, then improve what you think needs improving and making animation based on that, instead of having to make a totally new char design.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Hrm....as Rule pointed out her breasts do seem to be a tad on the small side. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but to me JG will always be the one with the biggest bust. Also as Phoenix pointed out her legs, well leg (the left one) seem to be a bit long. I think you've got it starting too high, though that may just be me. I haven't drawn a walk sequence for almost two years, and I'm pretty crap at drawing people in a profile view anyway.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmmm... I think if you're going to remake JG, then the original colour scheme is the way to go. I definitely like the red-haired pale-skin scheme better.

Legs seem about 20% too long. The sidepic's breasts are quite small... for JG, at least. Especially when you compare against the front view earlier on.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

...The sidepic's breasts are quite small... for JG, at least. Especially when you compare against the front view earlier on.
Large dinner plate shaped breasts? Wide but really flat?

OP
doubtful

doubtful

Lurker
Reputation score

Radar-dishes girl!

I'm processing your remarks, thanks for expressing an opinion :)

Does action script allow for node-level transformations?

@wonderboy: I didn't think about tracing the original version, mostly because I prefer to work on a clean base rahter than do fixing, but also because I like drawing.

To answer more completely to your first remark concerning the lack of originality, I think of whatever characters LM created the way comics characters are used. Someone creates a concept, then people can use them for their stories. It is also the root of fan-made stuff and I don't see why I would have to reject it.

I understand the fact it can be seen as a lack of imagination, or intellectual piracy, but I prefer to see it as a collaborative work. Zomg communism!

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

what is node level transformations

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Lol, I don't think you're lazy at all, I mean, we've been talking 'bout doing something like this for ages, but we were all too, guess what? Lazy.

And I understand it's not out of unoriginality.

You should do the thing with the mouth though... Concave-convex

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I actually thought the alternative colour scheme was pretty snazy. I do like seeing variations on familiar things. And I'll also add, since everyone's attention has been elsewhere, very nicely drawn plants too. Hard to deny the traditional pale and red colours of course. Either would be good. Extra choice is extra marks for extra effort.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I also prefer the alternate colour scheme, so making them both selectable would be awesome.

And yes, bigger boobs definitely needed for tentacle tit-fucking.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu not a fan of different colour scheme, but that is where selectable comes in.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Raptor will play his first time with one color, then play with the other during his second time.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Hooker hates people who speak of first-person in third-person. Wait, what?

OP
doubtful

doubtful

Lurker
Reputation score

What I meant with node transformation is the fact to modify a shape by moving/rotating/etc control points (nodes) that define it's shape, ie remove a node in a square to obtain a triangle.

On the bad news, my computer is rebooting without reasons, which makes it hard to work, and quite time consuming. I save more often now, but that kind of reboot when I'm in the middle of something tends to weaken my motivation.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

as far as i know, short of programming a graphics engine inside of flash, it is not possible to do anything more than transform functions (rotate, stretch and probably skew per object as opposed to per point) with code.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Breaking my veil of "not supposed to be here until school finishes" (since if anyone was paying attention, they've probably noticed me silently lurking in the shadows ;3)

On the bad news, my computer is rebooting without reasons, which makes it hard to work, and quite time consuming. I save more often now, but that kind of reboot when I'm in the middle of something tends to weaken my motivation.
Does your machine tend to overheat? If this is not the cause of a virus, you should check to make sure your machine is getting a sufficient amount of air-flow to prevent it from overheating (which can cause it to reboot or freeze). Get that problem checked out before it's too late. I've been eagerly observing this project over the past few months.

GET 'ER DONE!

OP
doubtful

doubtful

Lurker
Reputation score

It's not the temperature, I've been monitoring it(and it probably wouldn't explain the reboot right at the beginning of a windows session). It's probably not a virus since the secondary OS has similar trouble.

I checked the power and the RAM. That leaves something very wrong with the mobo.

Anyway, since I didn't work on that specific project recently, I'll just drop this here and hope it helps you people wait :eek: