What's new

Building a Campaign: Mirafar

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
So I've had this adventure idea since grade nine. On a (fantastic) world at war, the Players are inheritors of a once great kingdom necromancers and vampires, Mirafar. I've never gotten this one off the ground, but it was suppose to be a huge D&D campaign that would run from levels 3 (then later 5) to infinity. Several incarnations of rule modifications, and home brews have gone by, but I have yet to actually run a game.

Backstory: Some Mirafar hating ass-holes summoned an army capable of defeating the kingdom from another dimension (the actual army has changed a few times.) Then the inter-dimensional invaders (IDI) turned on their summoners and tried to conquer the world for themselves. After 100 years, the IDI have been turned back, and mighty armies have sprung up and started reclaiming lost kingdoms.

The game starts in a counter-invading army's camp tasked with reclaiming the first to fall, Mirafar. However, after taking back the lands, the siege on the fallen capital and suspected IDI stronghold was cancelled. Considering there was little resistance across the kingdom, either the IDI's presence was low, or they held back there army in the capital to maximize there defencive effectiveness. So the last camp was instead fortified.

Hearing their lost home was within arms reach, the Players have come to the camp to use it as a launchpad for their reclamation. The goal of the players is to clear out the fallen capital of IDIs and the undead that have sprung up from the uncontrolled necromantic energies, rescue survivor's descendants, find lost artifacts of power, claim magical energy fountains.

[hr]

There are some concepts that I have borrowed from other games that take place in this one. The first is the exalted status the PCs have (from Exalted) that allow them to circumvent the bureaucracy of the army.
Another is the sex-fighting featured on some of the games here. There would be numerable creatures that would be focused on sex (consensual or not) with the PCs (vampires, succubi/incubi, tentacle fiends), and the PCs would have the choice to be sexergy powered.

A corruption system affected by the magic characters encounter. My list is Necromantic, Demonic, Fey magic (Plant), Celestial (angels corrupt too!) and IDI (they get their own special corruption effect.)

I'm not going to run the game using D&D. I've been taking a look at many system to try an pick one more suitable. I'm looking for something where the power scale of the PCs is obviously higher than regular mooks, but the difference between a beginning character and an endgame character isn't world shattering (8 levels in D&D3.5 is that point)

While Exalted comes with the exalted status, the gameplay inspiration of super mighty kung-fu is unappealing. I was thinking more along the lines of Sword and Board, Cloak and Dagger, Cloth and Sceptre. No tranquil moon punches, nor rapier duellists in magical pants (though magical pants will be available)
Exalted also has some called menses, magical fountains that players can take control of. The version I was thinking of would involve the players getting a shiny new power.

I was thinking about a modification of All Flesh Must be Eaten or Shadow run.

[hr]

Below is the campaign story map I made to try and get ideas flowing:
Blue Boxes are named areas where many events can occur. The Primary Camp, and the Golbin and Orc Villages would be like Tristram from Diablo, where all the friendly NPCs hang out and give you some quests, trade items, or provide services.
The areas inside the city are places of contention. They are large areas packed with hostile entities, lost treasures, magical focal points, and scarce allies. I'll have tables set up for random encounters. As a general rule, if you intend to move through these areas, you only have to deal with three rolls on the table.

Green Circles are large wide open spaces. They generally lack hostile entities, but when they are present you can see them well enough that you don't end up fighting them immediately. Around the camp are prairies, while Mirafar's Palace has a really big garden/graveyard.

Yellow Circles are choke points. Some of them have a predetermined hostile encounter, but after players defeat it they don't have to deal with it again. Sometimes a hostile encounter will show up there and bother the PCs. It is a live war, after all.

Yellow Diamonds are short dungeons that can be cleared out. Red Circles are big dungeons that can't be cleared out, but have a very nice treasure to find.

WARNING! BIG FUCKING IMAGE

Anyway, I'm open to adventure ideas or advice on system choice.

Edit-> Is the a horizontal line option?

Last edited:

24FM

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Building a Campaign: Mirafar

Oh Shadowrun nice. I still have their paperback novels. The map looks good even though I don't know what the colours mean. Alas, I don't know the official game systems of DnD,Shadowrun, and Exalted. But maybe I can still help.
Questions.
How will people participate? In a group as a party? How many? By themselves?
Is this going to be a pbp game? Or in Avi's chatroom?

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Oh Shadowrun nice. I still have their paperback novels. The map looks good even though I don't know what the colours mean. Alas, I don't know the official game systems of DnD,Shadowrun, and Exalted. But maybe I can still help.
Questions.
How will people participate? In a group as a party? How many? By themselves?
Is this going to be a pbp game? Or in Avi's chatroom?
I'm updating the opening post with a map key...

I always wanted to run a long set of games with people face2face pen-and-paper style, but my regular group get uncomfortable when an NPC succubus is getting friendly, prefer dragon slaying to zombie mashing, and are more interested in me running their store-bought adventures to making up our own stuff (despite the fact that they like to derail the whole thing at every turn.)
I was considering doing it kinda like what's going on here with Dark Gate. A master DM and assistants, with a bunch of players on the lose. PCs would very easily be allowed to wander on their own, but some of the preset encounters would absolutely require more than one person, and the quest through the Palace would require an all star cast.

The Shadowrun Novels. They will give you a good idea as to what the Shadowrun Setting is like, but they are not gonna give you any hint as to what the Shadowrun System is like.

Anyway. The shadow run and exalted system share the same rules where players are first composed of attributes and skills, and those two get added together to determine how many dice you roll to perform any action. Actions have difficulty thresholds, and every die has a chance to give you something called a 'hit'. Get enough hits to reach the difficulty threshold, and the action succeeds, and sometimes having extra hits gives you more win.

It's their special rules regarding spell casting and stuff that I'm interested in. I don't like Exalted because most of what's there already is centred around Dragonball (cartoon) style martial arts.
I'm told Shadowrun has a piss poor melee system, so Knights and Wizards are gonna be hard to make work. While guns are hot shit awesome, which would make the IDIs I have right now too good.

I can't remember how AFMBE works because I only read it once, but RaptorJesus's AWMBI seemed pretty functional. He hid the die rolls, so I don't know how the mechanics work. It looks functional, though I think Guns are hot shit in that game too.

And don't worry about the various versions of D&D, and DnD. I'm not gonna use any d20 based system for this game.

But, yeah. Suggestions and stuff.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Maybe I'm trying to hard. I've had a brilliant idea for the magic system, and it ties in with the corruption part of the game.

All Magic is Evil

Yes. Even Angelic Magic is evil. Just not Evil evil. And this ties in with the idea I got for how magical people are.

The special characters (all the PCs and key NPCs) will have something like a mana pool. This is generally something small, but that magic is infinite. Every time you want to do something that a normal person can't do, you just spend the mana from your pool, and after a moment (every combat round) you can do it again.

Now corrupted characters have a way bigger pool. It's not because they are more magical. (Actually, they are more magical because they have a bigger pool.) It's because they cheat. They get their magic from somewhere else. And there's drawbacks. It's called corruption for a reason, and the more magical you become, the more corrupted you become. Also, because that magic comes from elsewhere, the character has to actively go and get it.

And that's where power schedules come in. Every character has the infinite magic that is their inherent awesomeness. But when you build a character, you get the option of making them have the ability to store more magic based upon how corrupted they are to one of the magic types, and affected by how they acquire that magic.

So there's 4 corruption types that are good for you - Necromantic, Demonic, Fey, and Celestial - but makes you more evil as you acquire it, and the IDI's corruption does the same thing but will turn you against your party after aquiring too much. Then there's three power schedules (and various tiers of severity): Timed, Feeding, and Ritual.

Having a Timed Power Schedule means that at set intervals you are completely refilled of your corrupted magic. The Choir Boy of Angels get a nice bit of magic every sunrise, while the Devils of the Black Sun get supercharged by a solar eclipse.
The Feeding Power Schedule is the most reliable one, as you only need to do some temporary damage to somebody to get your magic back. Succubi just have to have sex to drain a bit of energy, while vampires just take a sip of somebody's blood. Also, feeding off someone without their permission is considered very rude.
The Ritual Power Schedule is a bit like Feeding, but takes a large chunk of time, obscure conditions and uncommon ingredients.

Acceptable Player Power Schedules:
Demonic Feeding: Sex, bonus if it's with a virgin. Penalty if it's with a non-sentient entity (animals, lesser demons, zombies.)
Demonic Ritual: Animal Sacrifice or Harnessing a Thunder Storm
Demonic Time: Sunset

Necromantic Feeding: Blood Drinking, Cannibalism (penalty for using another Necromancer's flesh, if it had any)
Necromantic Ritual: Holding a seance or hosting a funeral.
Necromantic Time: Twilight or Midnight, or Midnight of a New Moon

Celestial Feeding: Sex. Bonus if it's with a dedicated lover. Penalty if it's rape.
Celestial Ritual: None. You can pray, but that's only to get a deity's attention.
Celestial Time: Sunrise or High Noon.

Fey Feeding: No idea. More sex? Why not?
Fey Ritual: Dance around a big tree, dance in the rain, dance under the full moon. Or any two, or all three.
Fey Time: Sunrise, or at the rise of a Full Moon

-------

Becoming corrupted isn't something you can shrug off, either. Acquiring more demonic power actually makes your more of a demon, as does necromantic power make you less romantic what with all the rotting flesh. Basically, every level of corruption you acquire will give you some physical signs of it, and a mental (ie Roleplaying) quirk. These get worse as you gain more corruption.
And just being corrupted in any direction is useless if you haven't acquired the magical knowledge to benefit. (Which is why IDI's corruption is just plain bad, because I'm not gonna let the players have their super powers.)

Physical Manifestation of Demonic Influence Include things like vestigial wings, horns, a tail or two, cloven feet, extra hairy or scaly, forked tongue, or the smell of brimstone. Basically you either end up looking like a gargoyle or goat-man.
Mental Quirks basically start off as simple obsessions which either end up as insatiable greed, lust, paranoia or sadism. Basically you'll either be a total nympho/satyr, miser or douche bag.

Physical Manifestations of Necromantic Influence start with simply looking really good in black, but you either end up looking like a skeleton, a mummy, or a leper that just won't fall apart.
Mental Quirks are various levels of apathy, sadism, masochism, depression, loneliness, and fatalism.

Physical Manifestations of Fey Influence are sprouting plant parts all over you body, or animalistic features. Eventually you'll look like but after that you'll actually turn into a fucking tree. Same with the Animal parts. If you're on the fucking power schedule, you'll eventually either have to find animals that will do it with you, or convince people to get into bestiality. Perv.
Mental Quirks either make you more and more mischievous, or make you more and more introverted. Gremlins or Tree Beard. There's your character concept.

Physical Manifestations of Celestial Influence will be bird parts, or bug parts. Yeah, that's right. Bug parts. At one point you'll look like an angel, but then you'll turn into Hawk Girl, then you'll actually be a fucking flying talking bird. Same thing with bugs. Have fun, Butterfly Boy.
Celestial Mental Quirks might be tolerable, or even useful at first, but not after a certain point. You won't be able to lie, so if you say you are going to do something even if you'll die trying, you're gonna do it or die trying. Or maybe you'll have a certain apprehension against drawing blood. Or even killing things. Or maybe you'll take up some crusade against demons. Or maybe you'll develop OCD and devote your life to tracing the grain of wooden floors for 20 hours day.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Things I learned from GMing for Jumpers and in making Dark Gate: The less numbers people have to think about, the better. If you're making the system, keep the mechanics bits of it as simple as possible, and leave the rest up to RPing. I've never played Shadowrun or Exalted, but if they're stable enough to get printed and sell, basing what you're doing off of them instead of AFMBE or d20 shouldn't pose a problem, especially if you're already familiar with them.

Edit: I love the magic system by the way.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Things I learned from GMing for Jumpers and in making Dark Gate: The less numbers people have to think about, the better. If you're making the system, keep the mechanics bits of it as simple as possible, and leave the rest up to RPing. I've never played Shadowrun or Exalted, but if they're stable enough to get printed and sell, basing what you're doing off of them instead of AFMBE or d20 shouldn't pose a problem, especially if you're already familiar with them.
I'm not too worried about numbers, since I'll be doing all the rolls here at home (facilitates GM fudging, that way does). And I'm not going to be using ab obsessively complicated game like DnD 4e, so I'm not gonna go crazy.

Edit: I love the magic system by the way.
I'm going to have tables to determine what kind of mental and physical traits you pick up as you become more corrupted.

-------

This isn't going to be a kitchen sink game (where everything is available, and they don't matter). There's going to be a finite list of monster types. As part of the genre, the heroes are totally aware of all the monsters types that exist in their world, though they may not know all the specifics, so I'm not worried if they find this. (A real world example would be the hippopotamus. People know about giant river dwelling pig like creatures, but if they did a bit of research they would find out that these things are incredibly viscous and territorial.)

Animals.
Animals are mostly harmless, especially if you leave them alone. Even the biggest wolf isn't interested in humans as a food source, simply because they have had eons of evolution that has ingrained the pecking order into their though processes. It is perfectly would be perfectly safe for people to wander the wilderness, avoiding the lairs and nests of animals, and live unmolested. And because this is a fantastic world, animals include things like gryphons, phoenixes and giant frogs.

Mounts
Mounts are specially trained animals that carry people around. They are pretty docile, and won't hurt people unless provoked, under stress, or are very high spirited. Mounts can be trained for combat, and this makes them both more dangerous, but also more controllable. Because this is a fantastic world, their are not horses, but instead several other creatures available.

Giant Spiders: The favourite of goblins, while slower than other mounts, they can climb walls and carry a rider with them. The common Giant Spider is actually a herbivore that eats all sorts of fruits and legumes, but the rare Giant War-Spider breed is a carnivore with a venomous bite. Both breeds can make webs, but not in the quantities, nor with the projection that Spider-man does.

Flightless Raptor: A giant bird, not a dinosaur. It has two small stubby wings that is uses for balance, and a big blocky beak with a very sharp end. In the wild, these things run up to game animals and peck them. They are by default are a war animal. They are also an omnivore, digging up stem and root tubers, and chasing down meat.

Dragons: Not your magical, flying, fire breathing demi-gods of other fantasy settings. These are all giant reptiles. They are also very expensive mounts, temperamental and carnivorous. There's a reason being a dragon tamer is a well paid vocation, and so hiring a dragon tamer to care for your dragon mount is a sign of status and wealth. Dragons have to be very well trained to be used, since they are the only animal that thinks humans as food by default. There's three breeds big enough to act as mounts, and sadly, they can't be cross bred.
  • The Bearded Dragon, a heavy, thick skinned lizard with a wide jaw, and a fin on it's head and throat. It actually does spit fire.
  • The Horned Dragon, is a foul lizard. It's lighter than the Bearded, has bigger and sharper claws, and it's bite carries a foul disease. While curable, the disease is integral to the Horned Dragon's Digestion.
  • Then there's the Harpy Dragon. This lizard has a membrane between it's arms and legs that it can use to glide for short distances. It's tail has a wide fin for steering. It loves to screech as it flies towards it's prey, earning it's moniker.

Giant Boars: Not the best mount, but the cheapest. It's easy to care for (if a bit temperamental), births litters and quickly repopulates, eats just about anything, and can be butchered for healthy, tasty meat on short notice. Both genders have tusks, while males also have horns like a bovine. Wrestling a Wild Giant Boar is a sign of adult hood among orcs, but almost anyone can obtain them. Boars don't need much training to become a war mount, but even regular boars can be whipped into a stampede.

Unicorns: The closest thing to horses in this setting, these are magical creatures that posses a minor magical healing ability. They have a horn, but it is actually kinda fragile. These are very rare, but are docile and eagerly allow people to ride them. Unicorns are adverse to combat, so they don't have a war mount version. They eat grass.

Gryphons: A six limbed beast. The body of a large cat with the wings and head of an eagle, these creatures are solitary predators, like eagles. Training one is an ordeal, and they are rare, so you won't find many of these. But their great strength combine with flight make them the best mount for war.

There's also a sea horse for underwater adventuring, but I'm not doing any under water stuff with this campaign.

Giant Beats
Magical fountains exist, and they can show up anywhere. Most of these cause corruption and temporarily mutate the wildlife while active, but sometimes Nature itself let's loose a bit of magic, and a massive creature is created. This would generally be sometime benign like an ant, a mouse, or pigeon, except for the fact that it is taller than your house. Things things are driven insane by the magical growth and have to be put down, lest they trample innocent people.
I'm just gonna have these things all have the same stats, since they all do the same thing. Stomp around.

Zombies
While creating unlife is primarily a feature of Necromancy, pumping enough magic of any into a corpse can animate it. This is never a good thing.

Universal Zombies
Shambler: The safest zombie, if one can be considered that, since it is only driven to kill people. No matter the source of injury, people killed by shamblers do not rise as shamblers themselves. Shamblers are created by spells or revenants.
Revenant: Magic is not safe. It takes a very powerful soul to wield it. Despite warnings on every dark tome, some normal people (non-exalted) try to learn and use it. Which is impossible, since normal people can't hold magic. So instead they try to turn themselves into a magic fountain. This drives them insane, kills them, and animates their body.
A revenant is driven to make more zombies. It generally does this by using the feasting on person until they die. Revenants don't create more revenants, they instead create a shambler when they kills someone. Revenants control every shambler they create, and order them to kidnap people for it to feed off of.
Killing a revenant also kills all the shamblers it controls. Performing an exorcism on a revenant restores the shamblers it controls to life, though they may die to injuries they sustained, by being fed off of or otherwise.
Ghoul: The classic zombie. It simply wanders looking for living people to feed off of. A zombie feeds of flesh. People partially eaten by ghouls become ghouls soon after.
Mirafar's sewer system is full of Necro-Ghouls, since Necromancers occasional disposed of corpses and failed potions in there.)

I am open to new zombie ideas. I'd like to create a special zombie for Corruption type. Like Fey Zombies are also refereed to as gang-bang zombies, as the go around collecting people to have sex with non-stop.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aye, this sounds pretty cool, just for the magic bit. I'm not sure how I feel about no horses, but I don't mind giving it a whirl.

Shadowrun and Exalted are numbers-low? I always hear how you need to roll fists of dice for those.
On the subject of zombies, I'm quite fond of . To summarize, it's a little girl cursed or possessed by a demon or something. All bones in close proximity to her become brittle - including hers. Her legs snap and reheal as she shambles towards you, and if she gets too close she can cause your bones and blood to explode, or throw hers at you and detonate them instead.

The "little" part is optional, of course - I know loli is a delicate subject with the board.

Drawing inspiration from the same thread that came from, how about a Necromancer's revenant that collects ghosts? It kills people or whatever, and harvests the soul as a servant. Powerful ones would be surrounded in a vortex of screaming souls.

Evil treants and dryads are always an option for the Fey, I suppose... haven't got really got anything for the Celestials, though. Maybe undead clergy, driven into a fanatic rage? In denial of or trying to redeem their status as damned or somesuch. For a more mindless-zombie approach, maybe evil men/those executed justly in a certain, celestialy way turn into anguished undead, forever engulfed in holy fire? Like, penance in Hell, except on the mortal plane.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

this has my intrest, I've never played DnD before, but I'd be willing to try.

As for the subject of 'curropting' enemies, I got a nice big batch of creatures I'v'e used in RPs before, if you like I could dig something up for your curroptive beasts.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

As for the subject of 'curropting' enemies, I got a nice big batch of creatures I'v'e used in RPs before, if you like I could dig something up for your curroptive beasts.
That sounds great. I have a dictionary of Mythology that I've been delving into, but it's kinda hard to find stuff in it, since it's a dictionary, not an encyclopedia. (The first entry is 'A, a Mayan deity of uncertain identity...')

Shadowrun and Exalted are
What's going on here?

On the subject of zombies, I'm quite fond of . To summarize, it's a little girl cursed or possessed by a demon or something. All bones in close proximity to her become brittle - including hers. Her legs snap and reheal as she shambles towards you, and if she gets too close she can cause your bones and blood to explode, or throw hers at you and detonate them instead.

The "little" part is optional, of course - I know loli is a delicate subject with the board.
It's only loli if you're having sex with her. Game on!

Drawing inspiration from the same thread that came from, how about a Necromancer's revenant that collects ghosts? It kills people or whatever, and harvests the soul as a servant. Powerful ones would be surrounded in a vortex of screaming souls.
Soul harvesting? I like the way you've come up with a scheme, though. Playing that character would get you kicked out the hero's roster, though.

Evil treants and dryads are always an option for the Fey, I suppose... haven't got really got anything for the Celestials, though. Maybe undead clergy, driven into a fanatic rage? In denial of or trying to redeem their status as damned or somesuch. For a more mindless-zombie approach, maybe evil men/those executed justly in a certain, celestialy way turn into anguished undead, forever engulfed in holy fire? Like, penance in Hell, except on the mortal plane.
Zombies are mindless. Even revenant, though they act more like a queen ant sending out workers.

Zombies are created in two different ways. On purpose, and by accident. The ones there are once created by accident, though you can totally recreate those conditions if you feel like it.
The ones I'm thinking about now, are the Zombies intentionally created by the various magics. I'm thinking Demonic Zombies are on fire, while Death Zombies can turn you into a zombie without killing you, or go ghosty and walk through walls. Fairy Zombies have a parasitic plant rooted in their body that does something... And, yes, coming up with a celestially themed zombie is hard, since we don't normally associate angels animating the dead into walking mindless brain hungry corpse.

Next up, I'll write out all the humans the players can play as...

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's always the Seven Sins. I always associate that with Divine sorta stuff.

I'm thinking, if a celestially corrupted person falls from the path of good into one of the Sins really bad, they end up as a cursed revenant-like sort of zombie, themed toward their old Sin. I don't know whether they should be given behaviors that reject or embrace their Sins, though, but a sloth-zombie spreading apathy and tiredness or hyperactivity and zeal would be interesting either way. Additionally fun would be if zombies could be afflicted with multiple Sins. So, you could have a Rage+Pride+Greed zombie, theoretically, with the powers of all of 'em.

Let's try for a bit of brainstorming. Spoilered for huge was going to be huge.
Thematically, Celestial revenants are a Celestially-corrupted person who fell to vice and failed to repent. When their deity finally saw that they were lost, a bolt from Heaven flashed down and struck the person, cursing them.

Celestial zombies, on the whole, could be:
- Penitent: In it's non-life, it rejects utterly the sin it that caused it's fall. The person's soul is trapped in the husk, until it is either destroyed - whereupon it has failed, and cursed to Limbo or Hell/dissolved/itisamistery - or it has succeeded in repenting for it's failings and allowed into Heaven.

Or,

- Blasphemer: In it's non-life, it embraces wholly the sins that caused it's fall. The soul is:
- Trapped, held in rapture with it's vices, cursed to forever repeat them until destruction.

Or,

- Shattered. Mercifully, at the time of their cursing, the deity excised what was left untainted in their follower's soul, and allowed it into heaven. The remaining shards are left trapped in the body.

...There's where my inspiration runs out, though. I can't really think of behaviors or powers for the various zombies. :\

Taking a page from Warhammer 40K, the more zealous fanatical "fire and brimstone" of the celestial-type mages might take to creating servitor sorta servant-zombies - simply, animated dead bodies, akin to the Shambler-type in that it doesn't turn others and isn't exceptionally powerful. It would be more a magical servant than a zombie, maybe pulling wagons or doing really simple brute-force work, like turning wheels or something. They wouldn't have the same predisposition to kill, even lacking a defense instinct, though their master could command them to rush an enemy. I suppose they'd be immune to your normal turn-undead sorta thing, but have a vulnerability to a demonic form or something.

For a more grimdark take, they'd be convicted criminals or whatever, subjected to a ritual spell that enslaves them to a deity or something.

I could also see a sort of thing like the Hallowed from Deadlands - they died, but somehow just got up again, all not-alive and stuff. If a particularly driven celestial character died doing something important, her deity might infuse her body with power. She wouldn't be alive, but she'd be conscious, and absolutely devoted to her cause now.

Also I kind of missed the posts above the magic post the first time. Also I have never played a PnP before and possibly do not know what I am talking about

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Ok, first one of my critter dumps, a old favorite beastie that could help with your fey designs even:

The Lust Rose

A personal favorite creation of mine, the Lust Rose is seen as nothing more then an oversized rose to most people, until they aproach. Slowly but surely, the creature inside reveals itself to be a humanoid female with pale white skin and greenish hair, usually composed of grasslike strands or large broad leaves. The reason that the skin is so pale, however, is only known to thier victims, as shortly after it reveals itself, thorny vines strike out, lashing around and tightening around prey, digging into clothing, before dragging them into the plant as well, which closes soonafter.

The Lust Rose's main food supply is blood, however it has grown to a point where it realized not only does intercourse pacify victims, but also increases heartrate, allowing for more of thier life sustinance to flow out during the heat of the moment. Victims of the Lust Rose usually are released a while after, covered in scratchmarks from the thorns that suddenly appear over the pure white flesh that's soon stained red from the injuries they inflict, only to be absorbed back to white innocense before the next meal nears.

There are three known variations of the Lust Rose, all identified by thier petals or other traits. First is the Pink Petal, a docile young Lust Rose who's not quite mastered the art of bloodletting. She's the most timid, and also the easiest to distract to escape from. Next is the Red Petal, also known mostly as Blood Rose due to the savage nature and slightly sadistic playing with thier prey as they feast. Red Petals have been known to hold victims hostage for extended periods, and often leave patches of dried blood on thier bodies to simulate humanoid's warpaint. Finally, and most curiously, is the Green Petal, also known as the Toxic Rose. These Lust Roses were part of magical experimentation, and now instead of feeding off blood they must extract a little soul energy, much like succubai. Now black skinned, with thier petals a violent shade of black and green, Toxic Roses have slight poison atributes to defend against predators, the same poison also acting as a aphrodisac to those inflicted with thier thorny grasp. Often hermephodite in nature, Poison Petals will almost never let go of a victim unless satisfied, making them exetremely dangerous if they were to grab not only a normal human, but a demon-natured creature. The constant intercourse could bring out the demon's depraved nature, leaving the two of them in an almost trancelike embrace until either one expires or they are broken free from outside help.

All Lust Roses have a inverse defense against magic and slashing damage on thier outer petals, with thier inner bodies are surprisenly susseptable to most conventual weapons, as well as the creature becoming suddenly surprised into inaction should a partner suddenly grow forceful on them. Many adventurers have saved thier own skins by either relenting to the rose's advances or fighting fire with fire, causing the rose to orgasm and leving it in a vulnerable state of exaustion, the petals splitting open enough for escape by the soiled but lucky victim.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

There's always the Seven Sins. I always associate that with Divine sorta stuff.
Actually, there's eight deadly sins. Good stuff, otherwise.

-------

Shades of Humanity

The World is very old. Humans always existed, but when the four corrupting magics started bleeding in, the entities they spawned started collecting humans as slaves and breeding toys. Humans are wonderful sources of various life energies, but they also opposed to oppression and really don't like being forced to have sex with demons and trees and bees. (Well, most of them.) Eventually humans figured out how to combat the various corrupters, but not before entire tribes were affected at the genetic level. And this is were the various sub-species of humans come from.

Make no mistake, these are all human. They just have a few weird cosmetic and cultural afflictions. If somebody wants to play as one, they just do, and it gives them a package of some perks and flaws, as well as minor cosmetic change.

Pure-bloods
These humans are descendant from tribes that remained uncorrupted. As the ages have past, some have adopted a superiority complex in regards to the corrupted races. They run the gamut of humans on earth, in terms of looks, but culturally behave like Canadians, minus the hockey and back bacon.

Demon-blooded
Until the discovery of Iron, demons ran amok, and fucked any human that stood around long enough. Now the demons are very careful, since unrestrained rapists get stabbed by shards of iron.
Goblins: Slightly shorter than a Pure-blood, with big floppy ears and a bit more hair, skin colouration ranging from tan to orange. Sometimes their ears grow very long and stand up, like a rabbit's. Regardless, they are compact human; full features, smaller size.
Goblins have a quirk when it comes to material wealth: if you are not carrying it, you don't own it. Goblins carry everything they own, and their most precious items never leave their grasp. It's not unheard of to see older goblins with a huge backpack filled with trinkets and tools.
Ogres: An opposite to goblins, ogres are larger than normal humans, are nearly hairless, and usually have beige coloured skin, and pointed front teeth. Some are green, others are blue, and still some have a dark red colour. They also have a pair of short horns growing out of their forehead.
Ogre have the unearned reputation of being cannibals. They may have something to do with the fact that they bite and tear flesh in brawls.
Ogres love showing off how strong they are. They are very proud of their accomplishments. They are also kinda vain, and take good care of their bodies.

Fey-blooded
Until the discovery of Silver, fey plants trapped human women in pods and used them to incubate their seeds into saplings. The cross breeding created walking, talking plants that liked to have sex with humans. Also, sufficiently corrupted animals could reproduce with humans, resulting in the beast-folk that wander the wilderness to date.
Elves: The most common fey-blooded human. Elves look like lithe humans, with hair colours either being green, or something akin to flowers. Blue, neon-orange, yellow with white roots. If there's a flower, you can bet there's at least one elf with hair the same colour.
Orcs: A human with a slightly green tinge to their skin, an under-bite and tusks, they are considered by most to be savage and violent. This isn't the whole truth. Orcs are still living in a tribal, hunter-gatherer age, despite the rest of humanity's advancements, and this is a very tough life to live. Since they expend a lot of energy living like this, they have to have a very simple and practical social dynamic. Orcs are blunt, brutally honest, and by extension, honourable to a fault.
This gets them really frustrated when they go to another, more civilized society and the locals putter around the bush, speak eloquently and elaborately, or use innuendos.

Celestial-blooded
Yes, even angels were corrupting. Despite their good intentions, the angelic outposts gathered humans and isolated them into bondage, for their own good. The humans their had to do inane tasks to keep themselves busy, and occasionally would be rewarded with a virgin pregnancy (skipping the actual sex). Then some bad dude with Gold spears and arrows came in and killed all the monsters, took their stuff and sold all the humans left as slaves.
Yawl: Yawls are humans with pearl white skin, and absolutely no hair. Their eyes glow noticeably in all but direct sunlight. Yawl females must have sex once a week or will undergo parthenogenesis. They can still have normal children if they have sex with a man, but these will always be of the father's sub-species. Male Yawls are always sterile.
Yawls may seem aloof and wise beyond their years. They are actually rather shy and reserved. They do like to read books, and you'll often find one in a library.
Harpy: Humans descendant from angels that didn't have a compulsive aversion to sex, the main feature that distinguishes them from normal humans is the fact that they have feather covered forearms and thighs. Their legs are also clawed and scaly like a bird's legs. This makes them good at climbing, since those claws provide better grip. Harpies also have much better eyesight during the than Pure-blood humans, a trait some put to use as hunters and day shift guards.
Most harpies are very nimble, share a love of dancing and music. Some harpies join a circus troop, performing either trapeze or acrobatic stunts.

Death-touched
You might think that a person touched by death magic would just out right die. Well, not quite. Necromancy deals with more than just souls, it also deals with bones and disease.
Nazrin: Ye classic Rat Folk. These humans have rounder ears a bit higher up their head, a very thin coat of grey or black fur all over, and a two foot hairless tail. Most rat folk are considered disease ridden outcasts, better suited to living in squalor than opulence. This makes them a bit bitter towards whatever society they live in, but also gives them a bit of humility.
Tomb-tainted: These are very pale humans, sporting white or black hair, and red eyes. They look like they've never seen the sun, and this may be true. Tomb-tainted love dark places. Mines, caves, and, you guessed it, vaginas. And tombs. They only some out if they can't live in their favourite environment. Tomb-tainted don't like sunlight, and actually see very well in the dark, some taking up job as night shift guards. They also have a knack for digging, and some take up undertaking and/or grave robbing. Tomb-tainted scholars are often archaeologists.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So orcs are plant-people, then? Maybe really old ones grow something like barkskin?

How about harpies for the second celestial? Scaly arms and legs, bit of vestigial feathers along the upper arms and legs, hawk-like eyesight?

Also, I would suggest changing the Nezumi's name; Japanese out of nowhere is sorta immersion breaking. Might I suggest ? Or maybe just using it as a base - Muskrit, or something. Naz also sounds alright, for .

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

So orcs are plant-people, then? Maybe really old ones grow something like barkskin?

How about harpies for the second celestial? Scaly arms and legs, bit of vestigial feathers along the upper arms and legs, hawk-like eyesight?

Also, I would suggest changing the Nezumi's name; Japanese out of nowhere is sorta immersion breaking. Might I suggest ? Or maybe just using it as a base - Muskrit, or something. Naz also sounds alright, for .
Perfect!

Also: 'Black Rat (Rattus rattus)' lol

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Alright. I've decided that the system I'm gonna base this off of is going to be aWoD, a homebrew variant of World of Darkness, wish share many similarities to Shadowrun. So lets get some character design rules down:

Player Character Creation
"Who's that then?" "I dunno, must be a king." "Why?" "He hasn't got shit all over him."

The first set of stats are attributes. There's eight of them divided into four groups.

Physical, Mental, Social and Magical.

The first three groups are dealt with first.
  • Physical Attributes:
  • Strength: Strength determines how physically strong and tough you are.
  • Agility: Agility is a combination of precision and speed.
    Mental Attributes
  • Intuition: Intuition is a combination of empathic and physical perception.
  • Logic: Logic is a combination of scientific know-how and logical intelligence.
    Social Attributes
  • Charisma: Charisma is one's ability to convince and ingratiate.
  • Willpower: Willpower is a combination of determination and domination.

When creating your character, all Physical, Mental and Social attributes start at 1. Prioritize these three attributes groups. Assign 5 points to one pair, 3 points to another, and increase one remaining stat by 1. Then you get 2 points you can put anywhere. No non magical attribute can be no higher than 5 for a starting character.

• Magical Attributes:
  • Edge: The stat that signifies that your character is awesome. Fate itself bends to your will.
  • Potency: A measure of your character's innate magical potential. Potency gives you more Power Points, and increases the maximum points you can have in your non magical attributes.

You character's Edge score starts at 3, while Potency begins at 1. Your current potency allows you to have a maximum of 5 in your non magical attributes.

The vast majority of the world is composed of people that are just not awesome. Sure, they can train and learn, effectively building up their meta stats to reflect that, even the King's Elite Soldiers are not awesome enough to compare to what the Player Characters represent. The Heroes. Normal people don't have an Edge score, nor Potency.

Skills
No one may ever know if what you did was good or bad, but you did it well.

FrankTrollman said:
A key portion of the die roll for any test is the skill. It represents specific training that helps a character perform a task. And because of that, it can lead to a far amount of confusion among some people, because linguistically we refer both to people who are very good at something and also people who are good at a wide variety of things as being “skilled.” In aWoD, skills are basically confined to the former interpretation. Jacks of All Trades are represented game mechanically by people who have relatively high Attributes and low skills. People with high skills are specialists by definition.
Physical Skills
Physical skills involve doing stuff with your body. Since everyone has a body, the defaulting penalty for using physical skills untrained is zero. Without specialized training you can always still make a raw attribute test. A very strong person can grapple fairly effectively on that basis alone, an intuitive person can easily notice things, and so on and so forth. The defaulting penalty for Physical Skills is thus zero.

Athletics
  • Specializations:Climb, Jump, Run, Swim, Throwing

Combat
  • Specializations: by Weapon, by Monster, Grappling

Larceny
  • Specializations: Concealing Goods, Legerdemain, Lock-picking, Security Systems

Perception
  • Specializations: By sense, Investigation, Noticing sneaking

Stealth
  • Specializations: Hiding, Innocuity, Shadowing, Sneaking

Survival

• Specializations: Tracking (Hunting), Gathering (Looting), Shelter, by Environment.

Social Skills
Regular socialization is performed with Backgrounds, rather than social skills. If you want to ingratiate yourself with others, track down the word on the street, or otherwise perform social legwork, you probably want to use a background like High Society or Mercenaries. Social skills apply a -1 dicepool penalty when defaulting.

Animal Ken
  • Specializations: Domestic Animals, Training, Wild Animals, Riding

Bureaucracy
  • Specializations: Business, Government, Logistics, Law

Empathy
  • Specializations:

Expression
  • Expression is the art of entertaining and changing peoples' minds through art. Lots of people think that this can only be accomplished by making movies about gay cowboys eating pudding, but the truth is that any art that provokes the audience to even acknowledge it is on some level influencing the audience.
    Specializations: Writing, Dance, Music, Oratory

Intimidation
  • Intimidation is the art of using fear to get other people to believe or do things desired of them. Intimidation can be explicit (“If you don't do X, I will stab you. In the face.”) or implied (“Did you hear that the feds caught Ted for his tax non-payment? He's going to be doing time.”) and the threats can be to the target's person, finances, or reputation. And some of the best Intimidation is actually phrased in a manner that implies that some third party will do some thing to the target and the Intimidating character is willing to help the target.
    Specializations: Interrogation, Fear Mongering, Skulduggery, Blackmail

Persuasion
  • Persuasion is the art of manipulating people in such a manner that it isn't immediately obvious that is what you're doing. People who are skilled at Persuasion are essentially good at lying, although many of them get offended if you call it that. They may prefer the term acting or sales.
    Specializations: Acting, Insinuation, Fast Talk

Tactics
  • Tactics is the skill that governs leadership in both the military and corporate sense of the term. This skill is needed if you're going to hire red shirts.
    Specializations: Inspiration, Maneuvers, Naval, Siege

Technical Skills

Technical skills apply the -1 penalty for defaulting if a character doesn't have an appropriate specialization. That is, a character may have Artisan (Painting), but they will still have to default when welding. A character who becomes trained in any Technical skill (1 point) gains a specialization for free.

Artisan
  • The Artisan skill is used when you want to produce a physical object of some level of workmanship – whether you’re going for aesthetic quality or simple utility.

There are a few more specializations in Artisan than in most Technical skills, in no small part because there are many materials that involve wildly different skills. It is recommended that these specializations are taken as applying to Artisan uses that are “close enough” – so a calligrapher might use the Painting specialization since in both cases they’re applying pigments to surfaces
    Specializations:By Medium (Painting, Sculpture, Metalwork, Carpentry, etc.)

Alchemy
  • The skill used to make the magical itmes. It is also the skill of impractical, impromptu engineering.
    Specializations:

Medicine
  • Medicine is the art of treating injury and illness to promote good health. I foresee much use of this skill in the future.
    Specializations: Veterinary, First Aid, Long Term Care, Psychiatric

Operations
  • Operations is the skill of making machines and systems go. One part mechanical engineering and one part heavy machinery operation. This is distinct from making machines, which is generally artisan. You make an Operations test when there is not a 1:1 correspondence between your muscle movement and the action of the machine. So it's Operations to pilot a boat, firing a catapult or walk a mech around.
    Specializations: Piloting, Siege Weapons, Repair

Research
  • Knowing things is important, but the fact is that your brain probably can't hold all the information you might possibly want to have available – and doesn't always keep the things you do know readily accessible. When you need information that you don't actually have in your head, you can use the Research skill to go look it up.

Researching things overall is fairly uniform, but there are particular methods of looking things up that might not be obvious to people who don't use that system in particular. Specialization in Archives indicates an ability to look up information in data logs, newspaper histories, and other chronological information stores. The Library specialization involves looking up information in stores classified by content, and Crystal Gazing covers sifting through The Cosmic Awareness.
    Specializations: Archives, Library, Crystal Gazing, Interrogation.

Sabotage
  • Sabotage is the art of breaking stuff in a manner which will be most effective.
    Specializations: Explosives, Disabling Stuff, Structural Weaknesses, Traps

Specializations
A specialization is a subset of a skill that a character is especially proficient in. When they make tests using the skill in a manner that is relevant to their interests, they gain 2 extra dice in their dice pool. Technical skills are an inherently specialized field, so in addition to getting 2 extra dice within a character's specialties, Technical Skill dice pools are penalized by 1 die if they are being used outside a relevant specialization.

The sample specializations are by no means comprehensive, and players can work out with me to find or create specializations that are right for them. A character might have their Animal Ken specialized in dragons, covering the training, breeding, and calming of wild and domestic dragons.

All a character's Skills start at zero. The player then prioritizes their Physical, Social, and Technical skills, distributing 11 points to one set, 16 points to the next set, and 21 points to the last set. Then they get 6 points they can place anywhere they want. An individual skill cannot be higher than 6 on character creation. The character then chooses three skill specializations. Remember that they also gain a specialization for each Technical skill they have trained.

Resources
There are a many types or resources. Some are physical objects, and others are favours owed by people. Resources are ranked based on how much power they provide.

Mercenaries
You have a troop of non-awesome humans trained to fight for you. The first rank is like a couple of thugs with pointy sticks, while the second rank is a couple trained soldiers. Six ranks nets you a small army.

Servants
People that perform domestic tasks. They keep you clean, keep you fed and keep you entertained. The first rank is just one maid, three ranks gets you a harem of maids or an Alfred-esque butler you can trust to take care of your Batcave. Six ranks nets you enough servants to staff a palace.

Bestest Friend
You are no the only awesome person here. This is a three rank resource that lets you write up another character. This character follows the same rules as you, but doesn't get any points to put in resources.

Wealth
You have financial clout. This may not be actual money, just really nice things. Having nice things garners respect. The first rank warps your character in fine clothing, while higher ranks allows you to affect the world's economy (or what passes for it.) or change your gear.

Artifact
This is a one rank resource. It's a magic weapon, which is in many ways better than a regular weapon.

Mount
You have a creature to sit on as it carries you around.
  1. Just a Giant Boar
  2. War-Boar, Giant Spider or domestic Raptor
  3. A Venomous Spider, War-Raptor or domestic Harpy Dragon
  4. A unicorn, a domestic Bearded or Horned Dragon, or a Harpy Dragon trained for War.
  5. Horned or Bearded Dragon trained for war, or a domestic Gryphon
  6. Gryphon trained for war.
Choice one resource to have 3 ranks, one to have 2 ranks, and another with only 1 rank.

Last Extra Point
There's one last point your character has to deal with. This point is either one level of a corruption, or increases Potency or Edge.

Obligation
Despite being exalted and free of what essential amounts to being a slave to kingdoms, you character still has metaphorical shackles. Choose one of the following:
  • Addiction: Your character has a bad habit they can't shake. They may like certain substance too much, or doing a self destructive activity (like gambling away all their money).
  • Debt: Your character has a very-substantial negative net worth. This may not actually be a debt that can be payed off. Some entities demand regular tithes for whatever boon they grant.
  • Enemies: Your character pissed off a group of not nice people. They will send ninjas to stab you in your sleep, or maybe just some hooligans to mess up you pad. The point is there's group of people than want to bring harm to your character, even though there's an interdimensional war going on.
  • Arch-nemesis: Similar to Enemies, but focused into another exalted. This person hates your guts with a passions. He's probably mentally disturbed and suicidal, the only thing keeping him alive is the dream of your ruin.

• Background
      Now write up a short background, describing how your character grew up in a war torn world, a descendant of refugees of a fallen kingdom.
      Write out three things your character honours, and six things they despise.

More on magic coming up.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Magical Powers
Absolute power is absolutely awesome.

So you've tapped into your soul and distilled it's power. How much is that? And what does it do?

To answer the first question, every character has a Pool of Power filled with Power Points. These Power Points are spent to use special abilities, like magical attacks, or mind control beams, or transformation, the list goes on.

Every character's Pool of Power can hold a maximum number of points equal to twice their Edge score plus three times their Potency. For starting characters that's either 9pp or 12pp. This pool refills every scene.

Characters that benefits from one type of corruption have another pool of power. Its size varies and how it is replenished, and how corrupted they are.
  • Blood: Characters that feed off blood have a pool that can starts at 4 points. They regain 1 power point whenever they deal 1 lethal or aggravated wound. If they're bitting, they can damage and feed at the same time, or they can use a weapon to attack for many wounds and spend a bunch of time drinking up the blood.
  • Sexergy: The pool for sex powered characters starts at 8 points. When your character successfully drain-fucks someone, they take up to ten non-lethal wounds that don't spill over into lethal wounds, and you gain whatever amount of non-lethal damage you deal in points.
  • Dance: Characters that just have to do a short ritual have a pool that starts at 12 points. They don't have to hurt anyone to regain their points, but the ritual is kinda long, and so doing it in a hostile place will get you sneak-attacked.
  • Clocked: Characters that have to wait for a specific time of day to regain all their points have a pool that starts at 16 points.
Your character's corruption level increases the appropriate pool by 3 points (just like potency). It's not unheard of great succubi scrounging a village for virile men to sequentially fuck her silly for her to regain her magic, or packs of vampire to suck a village dry in preparation for a great battle. These pools get a letter notation for us to keep track of what kind of points you have. 'dp' for Demonic power Points, 'np' for Necrotic power Points, 'ap' for Angelic power points, and 'fp' for Fairy power Points.

Why are these point separated? Because you have to use the specific corruption magic to use the magical powers that you get from corruption.

Every level of corruption you acquire gives you a physical quirk, a mental quirk, and lets you pick a magical power.

What kind of magical powers are available? Well. Allot, oWoD and nWoD have been around for a long time, and have accumulated lots of options. Some are dumb, and some are overpowered. Instead of listing them all, let me point you to a place to start:

When you select powers from there, ignore the three corruptions for all the magic, aside from universal. In that game, there's three corruption types, while mine has 4 you can benefit from. If you want a power for oWod, nWoD, or one you make up yourself, we'll discuss it.

So, your corruption lets you have one magical power? Doesn't seem like much, does it? So let's give you more. Pick a number of additional Magical Powers from the universal list equal to your Potency and Edge scores. Actually, pick those first, then pick one for your corruption (if you have it) from the lists of non universals. Remember that you need to take two basic powers from a Discipline before you can take advanced powers. Also, you may not take elder level powers from any discipline.

One final note: You can use your corruption power points in combination or instead of your innate power points to use you universal powers.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, my favorite part of an RPG system. Decided to try it out last night.

I've got some questions:

- To clarify, all starting characters get 5 disciplines, right? Non-corrupted get them all from Universals, and Corrupted get a single non-universal power (and thus are limited to Basic mastery)?

- Also I'm sort of confused when you say I need two basic disciplines before taking advanced ones. Is that per Discipline (so I'd need 2 basic powers before choosing an advanced power)? Or just as a basic need to take more than one discipline, so someone doesn't spend all five points in Celerity or whatever?

- There isn't a cap on the number of disciplines or their strength you can take, is there? It would be legal to take five different ones, or start the game with Elder-mastery.

- So if I take a corruption, I gain power-schedule + 3 power points, right? If I took, say, Demonic corruption with a Blood power schedule, I would have Demonic corruption 1, and a pool of 7 demonic power points in addition to my natural pool of 9 power points.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Ah, my favorite part of an RPG system. Decided to try it out last night.

I've got some questions:
My favourite part og making stuff. Shoot!

- To clarify, all starting characters get 5 disciplines, right? Non-corrupted get them all from Universals, and Corrupted get a single non-universal power (and thus are limited to Basic mastery)?
Correct.

- Also I'm sort of confused when you say I need two basic disciplines before taking advanced ones. Is that per Discipline (so I'd need 2 basic powers before choosing an advanced power)? Or just as a basic need to take more than one discipline, so someone doesn't spend all five points in Celerity or whatever?
The former. You must select two powers from a discipline to select higher power from the same discipline. The exception to that are the Devotions, which require a power from two separate disciplines.

- There isn't a cap on the number of disciplines or their strength you can take, is there? It would be legal to take five different ones, or start the game with Elder-mastery.
No, there isn't a cap on the number of disciplines you can take powers from. I see no reason to do that, since this game doesn't have hard coded themes beyond magic run amok. Go ahead and take as many powers from as many different disciplines as you want.
Now taking Elder level powers, that I did not intend to allow for starting, or even mid-level characters. Those powers are the realm of suitably super-hardcore characters. No, starting characters may not have Elder level powers. Once you acquire a certain level of corruption, or some other method for the uncorrupted, you can take some. But not before.

- So if I take a corruption, I gain power-schedule + 3 power points, right? If I took, say, Demonic corruption with a Blood power schedule, I would have Demonic corruption 1, and a pool of 7 demonic power points in addition to my natural pool of 9 power points.
Your math is accurate.

Looks like I'll need to edit that character creation post. Also, I'm working on the Corruption Tables. Plotted out some parts, and worked all the mental effects of being corrupted by the IDIs.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

The Corruption Table

Characters that have selected to benefit from one type of corruption pick one side of a table and pick something from the first 12 possibilities on both tables. Characters that gain corruption from whence they didn't have it before will pick one of the two corruption columns of the type they have acquired, then roll on the table for a random effect. Whenever a new corruption level is achieved, we roll on each table again, and add twice your corruption level to the results to see what new traits you manifest.

Corruption Effect Descriptions
Tier 1 Effects
Mostly Cosmetic effects. Some have multiple stages that stack up to grant an actual benefit.

Hair Loss
Your character non longer has hair. Anywhere. Yawl's begin with this trait and must re-roll.

Strange Eyes
Your character's eyes are most unusual. This draws attention from people.

Glowing Eyes
Your character's eye glow noticeably. Yawl's begin with this trait and must re-roll.

Less Digits
Your character's hand have one less finger and feet have one less toe each, either from two fusing, or one just not being there anymore. This does not affect any game mechanics, even the Perform skill when using instrument. It's just a quirk.

Vestigial Horns
This is a multi-stage effect, being acquirable up to tree times.
  1. Your character sprouts one or more tiny bony growths from atop their head. Ogres begin with the first stage of this trait.
  2. Your character's horns get bigger, making hat wearing a challenge.
  3. Your character gains a horn attack.

Pale Complexion
Your character looks like he has never been in the sun, but will also never tan. Tomb-Tainted begin with this trait and must re-roll.

Black or White Hair
Your character's hair changes to Jet Black or Chalk White. Dark haired character's become white, while fare haired character's become black. This effect can be gained repeatedly, alternating between black and white each time.

Gaunt
Your character loses any semblance of having much muscle or fat. This doesn't affect their attributes.

Covered in Slime
Your character produces and is covered in an icky, sticky substance, which soaks clothing. They always look like they just came out of a bath, shiny with slicked wet hair. If she tells you it tastes like marmalade and offers to allow you to lick it up, agree.

Hair Becomes Jelly
Your character's hair becomes a single rubbery, fleshy mass. It may or may not have change colour. The hair still grows and can be trimmed or cut, but it takes Artisan (Sculpturing) to change styles.

Floral Hair Effect
Another multi-stage effect. This one makes' your character's hair take on more and more hair effects.
  1. Your character's hair either becomes green, or takes on the pattern of a flower. Elf characters all begin with this stage.
  2. Your character's hair has vines growing in it.
  3. Those vines have flowering buds that bloom into lovely flowers in the right conditions.
  4. Those flowers now bloom either all day or all night, and a large flower adorns the top of your character's head.

Leafy and Viney Growths
Your character has a few vines and leaves sprouting from their body. Not enough to hide in a plant garden, but enough to make your character look like they spent too much time sleeping in one.
If your character has at least the third stage of the Floral Hair effect, these vines also bud blooming flowers, and have no need to eat if they spend a couple of hours naked in the sun.

Vestigial Tail
Another multi-stage effect, it adds an appendage to your character they lost while evolving.
  1. Your character sprouts a short tail, about two feet in length. It moves in manner that reflects it's bearer's mood.
  2. Your character's tail becomes longer (and fluffier).
  3. The tail is fully functional, granting your character specialization in Athletics (Climb), (Run) or (Swim). If your character ever gains the Tentacles effect, the tail also become prehensile.

Fur Coat
Your character gains a coating of fur, either covering everywhere, or just enough to help with modesty. This effect is optionally a multistage effect, where the second stage and beyond provide a thicker coat and enhance durability in cold environments.

Glowing Halo
Your character's head is always glowing. It's kinda neat, but it brightness it proportional to the amount of ambient light there is, so it won't act as an effective light source.

Skin Becomes a Primary Colour
Your character's skin changes colour to something vibrant, a pure colour as seen on the rainbow.

Tier 2 Effects
These effects provide benefits the first stage they are obtained. The amount of corruption needed to reach these effects has probably already giving your character a master passion, but it should be manageable.

Endowment
This effect can be gained multiple times, changing your character's sexual abilities in a big way.
  • Any character can gain a longer Prehensile Tongue, which opens a whole host of options in the bedroom.
    Female Characters:
  • Her boobs enlarge a few cup sizes and hips widen a bit, making her voluptuous at the very least.
  • She has Endless Lactation, requiring a thorough milking twice a day to avoid swelling and discomfort.
  • She gains a Futa Cock, gaining the ability to penetrate orifices and cause pregnancies in fertile women.
    Dicked characters have a couple of options
  • This character grows another penis. Two Dicks are better than one, after all.
  • Their dong becomes a bit longer, but most importantly Prehensile. With practice, they can learn to do origami with it!
  • The character now Cums Buckets. A few tissues are no gonna be a enough to clean up these messes, and wet dreams will completely drench bed sheets.

Big Ears
Your character's ears becoming bigger, improving hearing. Effectively this grant the Awareness (Hearing) specialization.

Big Schnoz
Your character's mouth and nose change shape to accommodate the enhanced senses. Effectively this grant the Awareness (Smell) and (Taste) specializations.

Night Vision
Your character gains the ability to see in the darkness without a light source. Tomb-Tainted begin with this ability and must re-roll.

Antena
Your character sprout two very thin and sensitive appendages from atop their head. Effectively this grant the Awareness (Smell) and (Touch) specializations.

Venom Sacks
Your character's natural attack inflicts a mild poison. Only one does is available per scene for each acquisition of the effect.

Hawk Eyes or Compound Eyes
Your character's vision becomes very acute. Effectively this grant the Awareness (Sight) specialization.

Vestigial Wings
A multi-stage effect.
  1. Your character now has wings. They make wearing tops and laying on their back uncomfortable.
  2. Your character's wings enlarge, allowing them to glide for a ways based upon their Strength.
  3. Your character gains full on flight, with a speed boost from Agility

Fire Breath
In combat, instead of using a weapon your character can spit fire in a small cone, setting enemies and anything else combustible ablaze. This method of attack can be specialized in with the Combat skill. The character can only do this once per per scene for each acquisition of the effect.

Horn Attack
Growing massive horns atop their head, allowing your character's natural attack to instead use the rules for maces or spears.

Claw Attack
Gaining razor sharp claws on their hands or feet, allowing your character's natural attack to instead use the rules for swords or spears.

Tentacles
Your character sprouts a pair of long prehensile tentacles, allowing your character's natural attack to instead use the rules for whips or maces. If your character has specialization in Grappling, they may also hold an additional creature per acquisition of this effect when grappling.

Egg Laying
If your character is female, she now lays sterile, hard shelled eggs a few times a weak, like a chicken's except trice the size. They make some pretty big omelette's, and some weird people will pay good money for human-laid eggs.
Male characters must re-roll.

Sticky Body
Your character's body can become adhesive at will, gaining specialization in Combat (Grappling) if the didn't have it before.

Glowing Body
Your character glows with a light, bathing the area they are present in with enough light for the unenhanced to see normally where ever you are. The range of your light is proportional to the relevant corruption level.

No Need to Sleep
Your character is immune to fatigue and never needs to loose consciousness to regain their full mental faculties. Whatever they do, they can do it all night long.

Translucent Body
Whatever is on the other side of your character can clearly be seen. Though a bit disturbing, this grants your character specialization in Stealth (Hiding), (Sneaking) and (Shadowing).

Tier 3 Effects
These effect provide potent abilities. Characters with enough corruption to roll this high on the table have at least 13 corruption ranks, and can therefor be considered permanently corrupted. Characters of this level of corruption probably have several Master Passions, and are very psychotic. When a character has accumulated enough corruption to never be able to roll less than a Tier 3 effect, they are more supernatural than human, and take aggravated damage from weapon made of certain materials.

Incorporeal Form
Your character gains the Shadow Body power, and can use inherent power points instead of corruption power points to activate the ability. If they acquired the power before, they may choose another, but only Shadow Body may be activated with the inherent power points.

Extra Arms
Your character gains another pair of arms, just as good as the originals. What you do with them is your business. This effect can be gained repeatedly, granting more arms.

+1 Physical Attribute
Do I really need to explain this? This effect can be gained repeatedly.

Natural Armor
Your character's soak increases by 2, but only when unarmoured. This effect can be gained repeatedly for additional toughness.

Fire Blood
Your character's blood is made of pure energy. Creatures that deal any damage to them must make an agility to avoid being hit by spouts of flame from the wounds they inflicted. Also, anything that tries to regain power points by feeding off your character instead takes damage.

Tireless
Your character no longer takes non-lethal damage. This means Sexergy powered characters cannot gain power points by having sex with them.

Fleshlessness
Your character no longer has any flesh on their bones, forever more a skeleton. This means no character can have sex with them or feed off them. If your character is Sexergy powered, pick another trait.

Total Viscosity
Your character's entire body is made of slimy, oozy pudding. They can 'go limp' and slide around like a puddle, flowing through cracks and grates and pipping, but their equipment doesn't follow, and they have to revert back to human shape to effectively use weapons and use their other powers.

Sap Blood
Your character's blood is a thick sappy substance. You never have to worry about bleeding to death, automatically stabilize, and blood drinking creatures can't feed off you.
If your character rolls a 30 or better on the Corruption Table, they can choose any trait they desire from anywhere on the table and gain an additional magical power. Demonic or Celestial characters only need to roll a 29 or better. Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I've started working on the encounter tables. When I've covered everything up to and including the outer city, I'll open up an sing-up thread.