What's new

SSC: Dante's Inferno Part 1 Information

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Snapping at the heels of the last competition comes a new one, with a new director behind it. This time, the subject matter is that of Dante's Inferno. What will be different about this particular competition is that it will be coming in 9 parts, one for each of the circles.

The winner of each portion will have their story chosen to be part of a collective whole as an ULMF anthology of sorts. This can allow for up to nine wildly different styles for each of the circles.

So here is Part 1: Limbo

Rules are simply:
-Made a recognizable rendition of limbo
-Introduce the characters of Dante, Beatrice, and Virgil (Gender is up to the writer, but I'd prefer the names stay very similar if not the same).
-This is the prologue, so set a story line of some sort rolling. Why is Dante going into Hell? Why is Virgil guiding him?
-While not applicable for this chapter, the story must connect with the winner of the previous part. So please hold off on writing a circle in advance until that information thread has been put up.

This is ULMF, so sex is fully welcome, but not needed. Other characters are welcome but again not necessary.

This part can indeed start in Limbo itself, with the reasons for Dante's descent as he descends, or it can begin in the Dark Woods as it did in the original work.

At the end of September, winners will be chosen.

To submit an entry please enter it in the thread here.

Good luck to all writers who enter. Any questions can be asked publicly here so everyone can see the answer, or asked to me via PM, visitor message, or Shoutbox.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: SSC: Dante's Inferno Part 1 Information

Sounds like fun.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: SSC: Dante's Inferno Part 1 Information

Seeing as I asked for entries by the end of September, and it is now nearing the end of October, I'm assuming that no one is interested in writing an entry for this.

I may make another SSC sometime in the future, but it would certainly be nice if everyone who had voiced interest had actually come through.