What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] 牛娘エンド/Cow Girl Ending (RJ244355) translation

Reputation score
Here's the thread for translation of Cow Girl Ending (which currently doesn't have a discussion thread).

As with my Lust Memory translation, this is a machine translation done using , followed by me editing. I can't guarantee that it's accurate to the original Japanese, but it should have decent spelling and grammar, and (by the time it's finished) be consistent internally and with other 62studio games. This is a shorter game than Lust Memory and (if nothing untoward happens) I should have this finished within a week.

List of versions (will be updated as I work on this):
  • CGE TL1: This should have the introductory sequence, the first battle and the things in the house translated. But it's my first patch of this game, so I might have missed some things.
  • CGE TL2: Technically, most of the game's text is translated in this patch, but there's still a lot of untranslated lines scattered throughout. You should at least be able to get through the first battle.
  • CGE TL3: I'd estimate this as being 95% complete. It should let you get through the entire story and most of the postgame content. The Goddess' scene is still untranslated, as are some miscellaneous lines.
  • CGE TL4: This should have everything translated, and will probably be the final version. I will only update this if I hear about major problems, I won't bother fixing minor issues like typos.
To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" folder in www to another location, in case something happens.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oir

Reputation score
I've seen many translators struggle with pressure to meet self-imposed deadlines and burn out because of it.
Very obvious but please take these things at your own pace and don't feel the need to set deadlines for yourself on these projects. :)

Been seeing you a lot on the translation forums lately and it's super appreciated how much you're putting out this last little while!
Thank you for your work like always!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've seen many translators struggle with pressure to meet self-imposed deadlines and burn out because of it.
Very obvious but please take these things at your own pace and don't feel the need to set deadlines for yourself on these projects. :)

Been seeing you a lot on the translation forums lately and it's super appreciated how much you're putting out this last little while!
Thank you for your work like always!
Thanks for that. It's actually a very generous deadline, as this game is really short and doesn't even have distinct H-scenes, so I should have no trouble meeting it. I'll probably take a break after finishing, though

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've updated the translation. Technically, most of the game's text is translated in this patch, but there's still a lot of untranslated lines scattered throughout. You should at least be able to get through the first battle.

Mick2000

Reputation score
wow now this too? you really hunting all 62Studio game are you. i hope it turns great in the end, just don't overworked yourself. some people work better when they're not under pressure

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've updated the translation again. This patch is roughly 95% complete. It should let you get through the entire story and most of the postgame content. The Goddess' scene is still untranslated, as are some miscellaneous lines.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now completed the translation. This will probably be the final version, and I will only update this if I hear about major problems, I won't bother fixing minor issues like typos.

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I get an error where MV is trying to load images as pngs instead of the rpgmv file. Only comes up after i've copied the data folder in.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I get an error where MV is trying to load images as pngs instead of the rpgmv file. Only comes up after i've copied the data folder in.
I've never heard of that error before. I can only suggest some generic solutions:
  • Make sure your computer is in Japanese locale
  • Restart your computer
  • Redownload the game
Does anyone else know how to fix this?

thatdudeguy

Reputation score
I've never heard of that error before. I can only suggest some generic solutions:
  • Make sure your computer is in Japanese locale
  • Restart your computer
  • Redownload the game
Does anyone else know how to fix this?
I just got that error when using an older version of the game. So if they also got that error I would bet that that is most likely the cause.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sounds like RPGM can't find the decypt key. You could try to decrypt the .rpgmvp files manually, if you know how.
If not, check the location of your .exe, it should be in the folder where the /www folder is located (/www contains /data and /img by the way)

The other likely reason is stated above.

XAnimEX

Reputation score
I'm having the same problem as thedeadly. I've followed all the instructions in the op.

It just constantly has Loading Errors with .png files unable to load.
It says "Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png" (IconSet.png, Balloons.png, and Damage.png appear after Retrying multiple times.)

It loads fine with no translation, but as soon as the data files are replaced with the translated ones it freaks out.
I have tried decrypting the files as well so that the original .png files are there, but the exact same errors still appear.
Also I'm trying to use the translation patch on version 1.3 which is the latest version, so I don't know what's wrong.

Edit: The translation works fine with Lust Friend, but I can't figure out why it won't work with this game

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I'm having the same problem as thedeadly. I've followed all the instructions in the op.

It just constantly has Loading Errors with .png files unable to load.
It says "Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png" (IconSet.png, Balloons.png, and Damage.png appear after Retrying multiple times.)

It loads fine with no translation, but as soon as the data files are replaced with the translated ones it freaks out.
I have tried decrypting the files as well so that the original .png files are there, but the exact same errors still appear.
Also I'm trying to use the translation patch on version 1.3 which is the latest version, so I don't know what's wrong.

Edit: The translation works fine with Lust Friend, but I can't figure out why it won't work with this game
The latest version of Cow Girl Ending is actually 2.1. I'm not sure if that's what's causing this problem, but it's worth trying to update your game.

XAnimEX

Reputation score
The latest version of Cow Girl Ending is actually 2.1. I'm not sure if that's what's causing this problem, but it's worth trying to update your game.
Thanks Green Thoughts, that was the problem. Seems like the translation only works with the updated version 2.1
The earlier versions are missing a file to translate that the updated version has.

Tarkhagal

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Can someone share a mega link of this game please

Fire1023

Reputation score
It isn't working for me. I downloaded the patch, unzipped it, etc. But the game still plays in Japanese. Is it because I'm using WinRar, or am I missing something?

athrunsorhyu

Lurker
Reputation score
@Fire1023 After you extract it, you need to go into the %defaultfolder% directory that was created, overwrite the data folders and whatnot from the TL patch zip, and then run the exe inside of %defaultfolder%. My best guess is you're still running the original exe, which won't care about the extracted data folders. (Also I recommend renaming %defaultfolder% to something else... sometimes RPG Maker MV games freak out when there's weird symbols mixed in the directory names)

Lunchmenu

Reputation score
@Fire1023 After you extract it, you need to go into the %defaultfolder% directory that was created, overwrite the data folders and whatnot from the TL patch zip, and then run the exe inside of %defaultfolder%. My best guess is you're still running the original exe, which won't care about the extracted data folders. (Also I recommend renaming %defaultfolder% to something else... sometimes RPG Maker MV games freak out when there's weird symbols mixed in the directory names)
After I extracted the file inside the www folder there was only a save folder, and no data folder so i was unable to replace the data folder.
Also I was unable to unpack the .exe.
Already in japanese Locale, Please help.

Great Job on the translation!, i have a small problem tho I tried to unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker and demoleition which u provided the links for but i was successful with both got any solutions, Thanks!

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
After I extracted the file inside the www folder there was only a save folder, and no data folder so i was unable to replace the data folder.
Also I was unable to unpack the .exe.
Already in japanese Locale, Please help.
Great Job on the translation!, i have a small problem tho I tried to unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker and demoleition which u provided the links for but i was successful with both got any solutions, Thanks!
I didn't provide any link to De-MOLE-ition, you shouldn't need it to apply the translation. And you shouldn't be extracting any file inside the www folder.

Lunchmenu

Reputation score
I didn't provide any link to De-MOLE-ition, you shouldn't need it to apply the translation. And you shouldn't be extracting any file inside the www folder.
"To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )"
The link u provided here now leads to De-MOLE-ition now I guess. What I meant was that when I unpacked the game there was no data folder in the www folder,
I applied the the tool Enigma VBUnpacker to the game executable not the translation sorry if it was confusing.