What's new

RPG Maker Shota [62studio] LustGrimm Again (RJ323130)

Reputation score

Windows version of game:
Mac version of game:
Developer's Ci-en:
Translation thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-lustgrimm-again-translation.14756/

This is a remake of Lust Grimm using RPG Maker MV. It includes the following new features:
  • All succubi have new CGs, including 2 H-scenes each (1 of which will focus on breasts), and you can choose between them when you lose to an enemy
  • Certain bosses have animated scenes
  • New succubi
  • The addition of progress hints
  • The main character is now shown during H-scenes
  • A new Life gauge, which determines when you're defeated in battle
  • Normal enemies will flee from you if you've defeated the area boss, and will be instantly defeated if you're much higher in level than them
  • Lose to a boss enough times, and you'll receive the option of skipping them
Beyond this, though, it remains mostly the same. So it features turn-based combat where you fight succubi battlefuck-style.

Controls are standard for RPG Maker: arrow keys to move around, space bar to confirm, X to cancel or bring up the menu, A to auto-scroll text, S to speed through text.

Ver2.0 of the game is expected to be released towards the end of the year.

Fetishes: Shota, Monster Girl, Succubus, Big Breasts, Reverse Rape

Attachments

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
since it's a remake i just wondering several thing.
  • are they gonna use old artwork and add new one to the remake or they gonna make entirely new asset?
  • there are 8 bosses + 3 sisters + 1 special (on desert) + red hood and Last reaper. if they seriously have everything animated then i assume the development will take much longer than any game before.
  • are they gonna use the exact same gameplay mechanic like ol Grimm or they gonna add some stuff like Wonderland skill tree? i prefer the former since that way it make less grinding (i still don't like the idea of earn only 1 point per battle while unlocking skill require about 10 per skill)

btw, does anyone know actual dev or group that do a remake on their old series? this is the first game dev (in H-game) that i ever seen to actually do a remake / remaster on their series

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
since it's a remake i just wondering several thing.
  • are they gonna use old artwork and add new one to the remake or they gonna make entirely new asset?
  • there are 8 bosses + 3 sisters + 1 special (on desert) + red hood and Last reaper. if they seriously have everything animated then i assume the development will take much longer than any game before.
  • are they gonna use the exact same gameplay mechanic like ol Grimm or they gonna add some stuff like Wonderland skill tree? i prefer the former since that way it make less grinding (i still don't like the idea of earn only 1 point per battle while unlocking skill require about 10 per skill)

btw, does anyone know actual dev or group that do a remake on their old series? this is the first game dev (in H-game) that i ever seen to actually do a remake / remaster on their series
  • It seems like they'll be using new art, though I'm not 100% sure about this.
  • They did mention that adding animation might be difficult. However, they've included animation in Cow Girl Ending (albeit for the Succubus Dancer only) and in Succubus in Wonderland's touch challenges, so they should have some experience with it.
  • I'm not sure on that, to be honest. But as I pointed out in the Wonderland thread, SP gain was fixed in a later version, such that later enemies give more than 1 SP upon defeat. And I actually prefer Wonderland's method of learning skills, since it ensures that you can't miss skills (in Lust Grimm, Lust Friend and Succubus Puttel, there are skills that I never managed to find).
  • I've never heard of any other H-game developer who's done a remake like this.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Here's a low effort image I made comparing the Pink Haired Succubus's evolution over the past few games. LustGrimm came out in 2017, so their art has come a long way in 3 years:

Pink Haired Succubus evolution.png

Last edited by a moderator:

astr0b0i

Reputation score

New update, unfortunately my fears are confirmed that they're shifting to the usual two variants "Normal End" / "Defeat End" paradigm for the game. All the girls is supposed to now have 2 CGs I think so I think the total number of scenes remains at 4 if I'm reading right, and you can choose the defeat scene you want on loss, but like I said I really liked the slow progression of Magrut being "broken in" by the girl that I think the formula since Friend doesn't really scratch the same itch.

Madflavor

Reputation score
He did say release for LustGrimm again won't be this year as it'll take time to develop.

My hope is that there will also be additional content as well.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
, now showing a preview of the battle system:
  • The player will no longer be defeated after a single ejaculation, except in some special cases
  • 62-chan will come out to give you tips every battle, though you'll be able to turn this off in the settings
  • The HUD is now on the side of the screen instead of at the bottom

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
showing a preview of the battle system.

Now, instead of being defeated after a specific number of ejaculations, you're defeated when your "Life" (生命力) gauge reaches 0. Life decreases by a certain amount that differs depending on the succubus, and this amount is also affected by your current Lust and status. Moreover, when you ejaculate, you're stunned for a few turns, during which the enemy keeps attacking you, doing damage to your Life instead of your Vigor.

There's videos too, so please check it out.

anon52

Reputation score
reminds me alot of succubus rhapsodia... first the change from random chances to key input regarding avoiding/breaking hold attacks and now the change to the 2. "life" gauge. but well for me it sounds like a good improvement.

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score

Fairly minor update. The basic map production is finished, now they need to be glued together. Also features a cute dialogue where the Nekomata's depressed about the game's paizuri focus.

Unsurprisingly, it's confirmed that there'll be a (big-breasted) returning guest character from Succubus in Wonderland as a bonus for those who purchased it, and/or have the code. Judging from past patterns there isn't a huge pool of possible candidates. I think I remember the dev saying something in the feedback comments once about regret over not having a Lewis fight, so that boosts her chances a bit.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
. Now, after defeating a boss, normal enemies in the same area will flee from you on sight rather than chasing you. And if your level is much higher than an enemy's, you'll automatically win the battle on contact. This feature can be turned on or off at any time in the settings.

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
finally, a realistic AI in RPG, i rarely see an enemy that actually behave like this.
most game always make AI just charge toward you even though you just beat the game. just like in skyrim when you kill a dragon but bear just charge toward you anyway

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
That's pretty interesting, Lust Grimm was one of the most grindy I think of the series so it's appreciated. Although it seems kinda weird when you consider the series is kinda femdom oriented. But they run away from you.

Mick2000

Reputation score
i mean... even if you're massive S you wouldn't charge toward something that beat your boss would you?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
There's an update announcing another new feature, the ability to skip bosses. Now, if you lose to a boss a certain number of times, 62-chan will appear nearby. She'll give you a hint on how to fight the boss and also the option of skipping the boss entirely. Skipping a boss means you won't get their rewards, but you'll still unlock them in the Succubus House and there won't be any impact on the story.

Another thing I noticed is the appearance of the boss in this screenshot, which doesn't really match any of Lust Grimm's bosses. It's possible that she is meant to be the Alraune with a new appearance.

Mick2000

Reputation score
so basically a "boss skip button". heh, did game journalist bite 62Studio or something?
at least not rewarding player for skipping the boss is a thing. also if they have the dependence meter just like the original LustGrimm then most people wouldn't even use that skip button cause the requirement is 'losing to the boss several time' for 62-chan to appear and prompt you.