What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] Lust Memory (RJ262855) translation

Reputation score
Here's the thread for translation of Lust Memory (Main thread).

This is a machine translation done using , followed by me editing. I can't guarantee that it's accurate to the original Japanese, but it should have decent spelling and grammar, and (by the time it's finished) be consistent internally and with other 62studio games. I'll be working on this over the next few weeks.

List of versions (will be updated as I work on this):
  • LM TL1: This mainly has the introductory sequence translated, and is intended as a proof of concept. I haven't tried to fix the word wrapping yet. May have bugs.
  • LM TL2: This has the menus and skills translated, as well as most of the battle dialogue for the first boss and some dialogue in the first dungeon.
  • LM TL3: This should hopefully have most things translated, including the first boss' defeat scenes. The other scenes aren't translated yet, though.
  • LM TL4: This should have everything translated. If there's anything missing or any major mistakes, point them out and I'll fix them in another patch.
To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" folder in www to another location, in case something happens.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
You can deal with word wrapping issues by using a tool that reads text from the game (such as RPGMakerMV Game Hook Patcher), which allows you to read text that's been cut off.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've just updated the translation. This has the menus and skills translated, as well as most of the battle dialogue for the first boss and some dialogue in the first dungeon.

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
I know Lust Memory was obviously intended to just be a small side game, but I still wish they hadn't dialled back the lust mechanics so much. Even if it would've been harder to implement with the smaller amount of battles. Maybe it could've been integrated with the traps somehow.

Still very interested in playing an English version, keep up the good work!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've updated the translation again. This version includes the first boss' defeat scenes, though not any of the other scenes.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score
I've followed the guide, but after copying the data into the unpacked folder, and starting the game, it just launches with a white box. Any ideas what might be wrong?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've followed the guide, but after copying the data into the unpacked folder, and starting the game, it just launches with a white box. Any ideas what might be wrong?
I'm not sure what could be causing that error. It might be that your computer isn't in Japanese locale (a common problem when trying to run Japanese games), in which case you could follow and try again.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score
Ahh, okay, weird. It's not your patch that's doing it, it's enigmaVBUunpacker itself.

I can run the unpacked game just fine,

When I unpack the game, and then try to run the game.exe, I just get a blank RPG maker MV window, like this
Is there a different unpacking software maybe?

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
Ahh, okay, weird. It's not your patch that's doing it, it's enigmaVBUunpacker itself.

I can run the unpacked game just fine,

When I unpack the game, and then try to run the game.exe, I just get a blank RPG maker MV window, like this
Is there a different unpacking software maybe?

The unpacker normally puts the game files in a folder called '%DEFAULT FOLDER%'. If that's where your files are, then remove both the '%' from the folder name. I know they've caused problems for people with other games before.

Oir

Reputation score
Just stumbled on this thread and looks like a cool translation for a nice looking game!
Thanks for taking it on!

From the looks of things, this is developing into what looks like a full translation.
But the thread tag is WIP-Partial which means that your work in progress will be finished once the partial translation is finished.
Is that your intention? Or do you mean the translation is currently incomplete/in development but the end goal is to have pretty much everything translated (in which case, you might mean to tag the thread as "WIP-Full"?

Either way, you've taken on lots here and it's very appreciated :)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Just stumbled on this thread and looks like a cool translation for a nice looking game!
Thanks for taking it on!

From the looks of things, this is developing into what looks like a full translation.
But the thread tag is WIP-Partial which means that your work in progress will be finished once the partial translation is finished.
Is that your intention? Or do you mean the translation is currently incomplete/in development but the end goal is to have pretty much everything translated (in which case, you might mean to tag the thread as "WIP-Full"?

Either way, you've taken on lots here and it's very appreciated :)
Thanks for pointing that out, I've changed the thread prefix now.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released a complete patch. If there's anything missing or any major mistakes, point them out and I'll fix them in another patch.

Oir

Reputation score
I've now released a complete patch. If there's anything missing or any major mistakes, point them out and I'll fix them in another patch.
Whoa that was a crazy fast translation!
Did you have some of it done from a while ago or were you just working on it really diligently the last week?
Thanks for your work!

Would you mind if I posted your translation on other forums (with credit to you of course) or would you rather it stay on ULMF?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Whoa that was a crazy fast translation!
Did you have some of it done from a while ago or were you just working on it really diligently the last week?
Thanks for your work!

Would you mind if I posted your translation on other forums (with credit to you of course) or would you rather it stay on ULMF?
I was just sinking a lot of free time into this over the last week. It helped that I was using machine translation and didn't bother too much with being accurate to the original text.

Sure. I'm already posting links to this thread in a couple of other places (I'd be posting the actual patch, but it's easier for me to only do that in one place). Just keep in mind that this may not be the final version.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score
The unpacker normally puts the game files in a folder called '%DEFAULT FOLDER%'. If that's where your files are, then remove both the '%' from the folder name. I know they've caused problems for people with other games before.
Thanks! That was the solution!

Looksee

Reputation score
I downloaded the game, and moved the data folder to the www but there was no data folder there in the first place and it did not translate. I am very confused.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I downloaded the game, and moved the data folder to the www but there was no data folder there in the first place and it did not translate. I am very confused.
You need to unpack the game first. As I mention in the OP:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Still did not work.
Do not worry to much. I will figure it out
Did you make sure to rename %DEFAULT FOLDER% to something else? If it's not renamed (or its contents aren't moved out), then the the game won't work.