What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] LustGrimm Again translation (RJ323130)

Reputation score
Here's the translation for LustGrimm Again (main thread).

Translation versions
  • LGA trial TL: For Ver0.01. This is attached to a post in the main thread. Mainly machine translation with a little editing.
  • LGA trial TL2: For Ver0.11. This is mainly machine translation, but I've manually translated some of the recurring lines, as well as the names of locations (as you enter them) and names of succubi.
  • LGA trial TL3: For Ver0.11. This has the items, skills, most menu options, some of the battle lines and all of the maps in the demo translated. The H-scenes and some of the battle lines are the main things left untranslated.
  • LGA trial TL4: A nearly complete translation for Ver0.11. The only things left untranslated are things not loaded by Translator++, like the achievements, certain pop-up lines and 62-chan's in-battle hints (the last of which are actually images, not text)
  • LGA TL1: For Ver1.05. This should have most things translated except for the battle lines and H-scenes of succubi from Grizzly onwards.
  • LGA TL2: For Ver1.23. This doesn't have much more translated, as my main focus was on getting a translation for a later version, but it does have the Succubus House finished and more of the battle lines translated.
  • LGA TL3: For Ver1.23. This has most of the battle lines translated, plus the popup lines (that appear when you get items, muni etc.) and some miscellaneous text. Various typos have also been fixed.
  • LGA TL4: For Ver1.23. This has all of the battle lines translated as well as the H-scenes up to Dark Elf. Also, I've translated the hints that 62-chan gives you during battle.
  • LGA TL5: For Ver1.53. This has all of the new H-scenes translated, plus the preexisting H-scenes up to Ideal. Almost everything aside from this is also translated, except for the achievements and some of the text added in 1.5.
  • LGA TL6: For Ver1.53. This is a complete translation for this version.
  • LGA TL7: For Ver2.06. This has machine translation for some of the new text. Starting from here, I haven't been able to upload the translation on this forum because it's too big, so it's on the channel and F95zone thread instead.
  • LGA TL8: For Ver2.09. This is a complete translation.
  • LGA TL9: For Ver2.10, this is a complete translation that lowers the font size and fixes various typos and untranslated text. Note that you'll need to redownload the game from DLsite to actually update it, as this update changes image files.
  • LGD tl: For LustGrimm Dummy, an alternate version of the game that contains the game's genocide route. This file is small enough for me to attach to this post.
To apply this translation:
  1. Download the patch and unzip it (for Windows, you can use 7-zip; look for how to do that)
  2. Open up the patch and copy the "data" folder (and the "js" folder, starting from LGA TL3) into the game's "www" folder ("app.nw" for Mac*). Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you backup the existing "data" and "js" folders in www, in case something happens. One way to do this is to rename these folders to something else (e.g. "data backup" and "js backup"), in which case you can skip the next steps if it's your first time applying the translation.
  3. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  4. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
  5. Starting from LGA TL4, there is also a "LGA 62 hints" folder, which contains the hints that 62-chan gives you during battle. Open up the www folder and then the "img" folder and then "pictures". Find the files that start with "62serihu" (there should be 66 in total) and either delete them or move them somewhere else. Finally, copy over the contents of "LGA 62 hints" (not the folder itself) into the "pictures" folder.
*: You get to "app.nw" by right-clicking on the application "Game" and choosing "Show Package Contents", then opening "Contents" and then "Resources".

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Now that I'm done with Lust Friend, I'll start working on this game. I hope to have the demo fully translated by the time Ver1.0 is released, and to translate that before 2.0 is released; a 102-scene game would normally be too much for me to try translating in full, but it should be manageable if I split it up into smaller chunks.

Ginek

Reputation score
Now that I'm done with Lust Friend, I'll start working on this game. I hope to have the demo fully translated by the time Ver1.0 is released, and to translate that before 2.0 is released; a 102-scene game would normally be too much for me to try translating in full, but it should be manageable if I split it up into smaller chunks.
Isn't it viable to use the first Lust Grimm game as reference for your translation?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Isn't it viable to use the first Lust Grimm game as reference for your translation?
I'd remark, this actually means more work, typically.
Not only you can't copy/paste from the 1st to the remake, but you'd also need to cross-reference so you don't end up contradicting the previous lore.

In short: good luck, Green Thoughts! Keep it up! (y)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've encountered one issue with the translation. According to the in-game tutorial image, the English translation for 精力, the HP-equivalent, should actually be "Energy":
LGA tutorial.png

Yet =Together= originally translated this as "Vigor", and I've followed suit in my own translations.

Which translation should I go with, "Energy" or "Vigor"? Note that these are technically both acceptable translations of 精力.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There aren't many kanjis I know, but I always found this one fun.
精 can mean sprit, essence... And semen!
That's why I chose "Vigor" - since a man full of vigor can imply the more raunchy meaning.
...But I doubt many will think it through that far.

Anonymous_Pervert

Reputation score
I'd say Vigor is probably better in the context of this series, and I think it's more important to keep consistency within the English versions of the game than it is to follow this official image.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released a new translation patch, which has the items, skills, most menu options, some of the battle lines and all of the maps in the demo translated. If you've been holding off on playing the demo, I'd say you can start playing it once you apply this patch.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 22.26.14.png
(If you're wondering how I got 154% Lust, that was by walking on multiple traps and doing the Cow Girl's event, both in the same area as this screenshot.)

And I've decided to translate 精力 as "Vigor" for now.

After this, I think I'll keep working on the rest of the maps, as these include text that extends far beyond the demo. I might actually be able to translate most of them by the time Ver1 comes out.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
So cute too :cry:
Be sure to let me know when they turn away from the breast expansion. My heart ache at every game they make.
Thanks for your stalwart support to this great circle, Green Thoughts!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now translated all of the battle lines and H-scenes (and all of the maps, though you won't notice that until the full game comes out). If you'd like to enjoy the H-scenes, you can now do so.

There are still things left untranslated because they're not loaded by Translator++ (achievements, certain pop-up lines and 62-chan's in-battle hints). I've decided to leave these for later and work on finishing off Succubus Puttel instead.

idpersona

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
Can you access the Cow Girl's refight scenes in the demo or are they not available?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
This thread is for translation discussion only.
Can you access the Cow Girl's refight scenes in the demo or are they not available?
Yes, I tested this just now. If an enemy appears in the demo, you should be able to access all of their scenes.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Would love something basic for the release version. Textractor going crazy.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released a translation patch for Version 1.05 of the full game. For this, I imported everything from the demo translation and then did various edits here and there. This should have most things translated except for the battle lines and H-scenes of succubi from Grizzly onwards.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I was dancing for joy then I read about a ver 1.11

NANI!?

Praying for Green Thoughts ver 1.11 intensively

oathakafaze

Reputation score
I've now released a translation patch for Version 1.05 of the full game. For this, I imported everything from the demo translation and then did various edits here and there. This should have most things translated except for the battle lines and H-scenes of succubi from Grizzly onwards.
Where did you release it at? Unless you haven't just updated the first post yet o:

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I was dancing for joy then I read about a ver 1.11

NANI!?

Praying for Green Thoughts ver 1.11 intensively
I'll wait until the pace of updates slows down before making a translation for a later version.

Where did you release it at? Unless you haven't just updated the first post yet o:
It's in the first post, the file named "LGA TL1".

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
so you make translation patch for 1.05 but could i apply it to 1.11 or higher?