What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] 不思議の国のサキュバス / Succubus in Wonderland translation (RJ278424)

Reputation score
This thread is for the translation of Succubus in Wonderland (main thread) and discussion thereof.

Translations have been done using the tool Translator++.

First version (for ver1.02 of the game): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13541/post-1098981. This has an issue with word wrapping and also a bug that crashes the cave when you exit the cave area.
Second version: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13541/post-1099122. This fixes the word wrapping, but still has the previous bug and has a new bug that messes up the skill menu.
Third version: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/#post-1099267. This fixes the skill tree bug.
Fourth version (for ver1.05): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/#post-1099892. This fixes the crash bug, though it doesn't fix the word wrapping.
Fifth version (for 1.07): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...wonderland-rj278424.13908/page-2#post-1101436. This reduces the font size to deal with the word wrapping issue, and allows item and skill descriptions to extend onto a second line.
Sixth version (for 2.01): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...wonderland-rj278424.13908/page-4#post-1109277. This is mostly unedited machine translation, but most of the items, skills etc. have been edited, and Find & Replace was used to fix character names. The bug upon exiting Atuchu Cave is present again in this version, but you can fix it using the file here.
Seventh version (for 2.08): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...wonderland-rj278424.13908/page-5#post-1115450. This has the maps edited, in addition to everything edited in the above, though the H-scenes and most of the battle dialogue remain unedited. It also includes plugins to reduce the font size and extend item and skill descriptions.
Eighth version (for 2.08): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...wonderland-rj278424.13908/page-6#post-1130908. This fixes various typos and has more of the battle dialogue translated.
Ninth version (for 2.10, but it seems to revert the game to 2.08): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...ranslation-rj278424.13908/page-9#post-1165122. This translates most of the battle dialogue, most level drain and puff puff scenes, most companion lines in the Mel Village house and some defeat scenes (mainly earlier ones).
Tenth version (for 2.10): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...anslation-rj278424.13908/page-10#post-1166964. This should have everything translated.
Eleventh version (for 2.10): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...anslation-rj278424.13908/page-11#post-1168396. This is another complete translation that fixes various issues from the previous version.

Due to these issues, it's recommended that you save frequently (which is also a good rule to follow in general with RPGs). You can deal with word wrapping issues by using a tool that reads text from the game (such as RPGMakerMV Game Hook Patcher), which allows you to read text that's been cut off.

To apply the patch on a Windows computer:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that). With some versions, it seems that Enigma no longer works on the game, but it's also now unnecessary to unpack the game, so you can skip this step.
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open up the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" folder in www to another location, in case something happens. If you're using later version of the translation, there'll also be a "js" folder, copy this as well.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
To apply the patch on a Mac:
  1. You'll first need to download and install the game, which is trickier than on a Windows, but there are instructions on doing it (note those are in Japanese).
  2. Open up the game folder. This will have a folder called "Macî≈" or something similar, decompress this and then open it.
  3. Inside this is an application called "Game". Right click on this and choose "Show Package Contents".
  4. Open "Contents", then "Resources", then "app.nw". This will have folders like "audio", "data", etc.
  5. Download the patch and unzip it.
  6. Open up the patch and copy the "data" (and "js", if it's also in the patch) folder into the game's app.nw folder.
  7. Finally, go back to Macî≈ and open up the Game application.
  8. There may be files missing from app.nw, which will cause the game to fail to load them. In that case, open up a second Finder window, navigate to the main game folder and open up the "www" folder. Navigate to the relevant directory and copy over its files into the matching directory in app.nw. You may need to do this several times.

Last edited:

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score
both versions crash the game when exiting the big cave, so i would keep that in mind. make sure you save before every screen transition to be safe

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
both versions crash the game when exiting the big cave, so i would keep that in mind. make sure you save before every screen transition to be safe
Thanks, I've edited the OP to reflect that.

asaswaswas

Reputation score
hello guys wwwww.PNG when i try do vbunpakcer he till me out of my memeroy

Last edited by a moderator:

gtsisthebest

Reputation score
Here's a version of the machine translation that should have the text wrapped and prevent the weird skill tree bug.
Also I am aware that in one of the screen transitions the game will crash, I have no idea why that happens or how to fix, so again, make sure you keep a copy of the game's original data folder so you can use that to get past weird issues like this.

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
hello guys when i try do vbunpakcer he till me out of my memeroy
That might be a bug associated with earlier versions, try downloading the latest version of the unpacker. Alternatively, it might be because you're trying to run the unpacker from inside the game folder. Try running the unpacker from its own separate folder to see if that works.

Here's a version of the machine translation that should have the text wrapped and prevent the weird skill tree bug.
Also I am aware that in one of the screen transitions the game will crash, I have no idea why that happens or how to fix, so again, make sure you keep a copy of the game's original data folder so you can use that to get past weird issues like this.
Thanks for that, I've added a link to this in the OP.

According to someone I asked over on F95zone:
Wild guess, but I'd say the scripts file was translated accidentally using Translator++ or something.
Try replacing the scripts file with the original and see if anything changes.

Again, just total conjecture.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
What version is the translation designed for?

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I'll try my hand at this with Translator++ as well.
Translator++'s word wrapping system sucks though. It doesn't delete previous newlines so the spacing gets messed up when you use it.

Maybe my experience with Lilith In Nightmare will help fix some glitches.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
The first one was designed for 1.02, I'm not sure about later patches.
That explains why the popup text didn't appear in the current translation!

Maybe it's also the reason the crash happens? Maybe I'm just being hopeful. Anyways, I'll be uploading a translation of version 1.05 soon.

EDIT: Actually turns out the popups are broken because the code for popups doesn't like spaces. Japanese is a language that normally doesn't have spaces so when the popup text is translated, those spaces are technically code separators... Well I guess they'll have to be left untranslated until someone decides to do it manually.

Hopefully Dreamsavior makes a change to the word-wrapping functionality so it can be more useful going forward with Translator++. Until then, I'm not using the feature.

Last edited:

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
The bug with crashing when you exit the cave is related to a plugin AnimationMapName. Not really sure why, but that's what the debugger says. Disabling that plugin in RPGMakerMV seems to stop it from happening with the only downside being the Map Name isn't animated.

Maybe it added an invalid character in the translation or something.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
The bug with crashing when you exit the cave is related to a plugin AnimationMapName. Not really sure why, but that's what the debugger says. Disabling that plugin in RPGMakerMV seems to stop it from happening with the only downside being the Map Name isn't animated.

Maybe it added an invalid character in the translation or something.
What's the map file number?

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
Map012.json is the file in Translator++. The Map in RPG Maker MV editor is "★ 061 Road to Nostos Village 1"

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Map012.json is the file in Translator++. The Map in RPG Maker MV editor is "★ 061 Road to Nostos Village 1"
Ok, yeah, it seems the namepop line is probably the error since it has spaces.

Here's my version of the translation. It's version 1.05

My version doesn't even attempt to fix the word-wrapping as I've said before. The way translator++ currently handles word-wrapping messes up the format of the text and it winds up looking uglier as a result.

Attachments

Last edited:

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
Random tip for how I usually use Translator++. Since the word-wrapping is really bad I run the game with RPGMakerMV Game Hook Patcher which makes a new window that has the current text. That way you can read the full line if you need to when it get's cut off. A pretty useful work around.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Ok, yeah, it seems the namepop line is probably the error since it has spaces.

Here's my version of the translation. It's version 1.05

My version doesn't even attempt to fix the word-wrapping as I've said before. The way translator++ currently handles word-wrapping messes up the format of the text and it winds up looking uglier as a result.
Random tip for how I usually use Translator++. Since the word-wrapping is really bad I run the game with RPGMakerMV Game Hook Patcher which makes a new window that has the current text. That way you can read the full line if you need to when it get's cut off. A pretty useful work around.
Thanks, I've added this version and that tip to the OP. I've been using the hook patcher for a while but I didn't think of using it that way.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Honestly wish we could set the font size lower by 2 or 4 points. That'd fix most of the word-wrapping issues in my opinion.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Honestly wish we could set the font size lower by 2 or 4 points. That'd fix most of the word-wrapping issues in my opinion.
I took a look at Translator++ and it seems to have a Resize Font tool (the 2 A's).
Translator++ screenshot.png