What's new

A Monster's Worth (aguy) GMed by Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Luna - PP = 42, EP = 111/333 (111), Status = Fine

"Luna, come." The man who spoke turned the next instant, his grand wings filling the slime's view for no more than a moment before he left. His stride was confident, maybe even a bit arrogant, and he never looked back once to confirm whether his charge had followed or not. He really didn't need to. This was the moment she'd been waiting for, the answer to whether her right to exist would be confirmed or denied.

Luna's path was taken through what remained of a simple forest village, the forest slowly reclaiming its lost ground yet hesitating as each building still remained fairly intact. And for good reason. The angels that lived there would not enjoy having their roofs collapse over their heads. So the forest merely crept forward, a vine or two crawling along a wall and joining with others lucky enough to push through. It gave each building a rather distinct feeling that it was actually alive, and though some of those vines were reprimanded for trying to reach through an open window the few angels that lived here were rather enamored with the thought of nature waiting for them the moment they stepped outside.

But as much as she may wish to admire the view around her Luna's guide was not the patient sort. His pace felt like it was pulling her forward, and soon enough she was led into a large clearing seemingly filled with the divine hosts. "Welcome, Luna." And at the center stood a rather impressive sight, even among the various celestial figures gathered. Perhaps it was the simple robe that shimmered with the very warmth of life, the fabric hugging that body so tightly as to reveal the angel's every curve without appearing as some obscene display that was so wildly flaunted by any number of lesser beings. Perhaps it was the simple smile that adorned the woman's face, one that would promise love and joy and any number of fuzzy emotions only to be overdone by the silky smooth voice that flowed from her lips and could bring any man to their knees. But more than likely it was because of the wings. They weren't the pure white that shone through the darkness and brought light to the world. These were yellow. No gold. No, they shimmered between the two, the light that sprang forth more intense than the sun yet somehow gentle enough to let one see the world for the magnificent wonder that it truly was. "We bring you good news!"

~~~~~~~~~~​

"Squishy! Wake up!" An insistent poking at her mass could only be one thing, and once Luna decided to open her metaphorical eye she would find an almost disgustingly cute face smiling down at her. "Squishy~" Followed immediately by a gloved finger poking into her slime only to watch it bounce back into place. A few strands of silver hair managed to fall free of the small helmet the girl wore, how such long hair even managed to fit inside the thing was a mystery in itself, and as they fell they managed to tickle Luna's outer layer before the girl finally righted herself and waited.

"Come on! Time to get up!" Luna would know that tone by now, and if she didn't listen to Valaria soon she would be subjected to even more degrading poking until she did. It was a wonder to think this girl was actually an angel. She definitely looked like it, the silver in her hair shimmered with divine power, and same glow and color radiating in the girl's eyes as well as her wings, and though she chose to wear armor instead of the simple clothes her race was known for the rather vibrant blue was a fitting match for the look of a divine warrior.

But the way she acted was a little...odd... When they'd first met Valaria turned toward her tutor and asked a simple question, "Do I destroy the slime?" She hadn't even waited for an answer before Luna found a massive hammer appearing in the angel's hands and quickly descending to scatter Luna in an explosion of slimy bits. But quick intervention prevented that from happening. "What? I can't smash it? What if I whack it? Bop it? Give it a little love tap? Can I at least poke it? Pleeeeaaaase?" The angel in training wouldn't be satisfied without at least laying a finger on the strange creature, and once she finally heard her task she saluted and accepted it with a grace that could only be Valaria. "Okay, I will watch over Squishy and protect her with my life!"

And that is how Luna earned her nickname and a protector. Maybe overseer would be more appropriate. The pair had returned to the world, Luna spirited back to the temple where she was found with angel trainee Valaria hot on her heels. From that point on she was told to simply live. Heaven was rather curious in the discovery of a rather conscientious slime, especially considering how most others were mindless machines, and the possibility arose that a new sentient race could be on the verge of emerging into their world. They wanted to see to what purpose this new race would serve, and Valaria was assigned to observe every little thing that Luna did and report her findings. Thankfully that had been rather uneventful up to this point, but Valaria was starting to go a little stir-crazy. She started expressing a wish to venture out and see the world, and by the look in her eye at this very moment that desire would be thrust in Luna's face in just a few more moments.

A

aguy

Re: A Monster's Worth (aguy) GMed by Termite

That day... It had been a defining moment in Luna's life. The meeting in the field with the assembly of angels. It was that day that the radient angel with the golden wings had told her that she would be allowed to live. She could demonstrate who she was, what she was, to the angels. It was an unprecedented opportunity, something she had knowledge to draw on from her ancestors. Truly a monumental occasion. And her overseer, the one who would observe her and report on her measure...was Valaria. The angel who had announced the verdict had been a radiant being of peace, happiness, and power. Valaria was something resembling a hyperactive knucklehead. A child among the divine beings was still quite powerful, a true force to be reckoned with. But still a child.

~~~~~~~~​
Luna was roused from her reverie by the incessant poking that she had grown accustomed to in her short time with Valaria. "Must you always insist on poking me?" Luna inquired this in an indifferent voice, actually sincere in her question. As curious as angels were to learn about her and her species as a whole, she may actually have been more curious about them.

"You surely remember it isn't a good idea to touch my slime, don't you?" It was an unfortunate fact that, whatever good intentions she may have, Luna was a succubus by birthright. Indeed, the slime that composed 100% of her body mass possessed aphrodisiac qualities. If any of it got on Valaria's skin, or heaven-forbid, she ingested it, things would go south very quickly. Of course, that was extremely unlikely given the angel's clothing, and a little slime wouldn't be all that difficult to overcome. Still, Luna felt caution was prudent as she didn't want to mess things up this early on in the observation period.

Shifting herself into a standing position, Luna looked around to get a bearing on her surroundings. Finally looking back at Valaria she said, "You appear to possess excess energy today. I suppose you want to go out and explore? You need not express such a desire to me, for I wish to journey forth as much as you do." It was true. As much as she wanted to learn more about the angels, she was rather weary of being cooped up here for so long. She was ready to move out, find more experiences, measure herself against the potential of others. And being around all of these angels was maddening in and of itself. Their souls practically cried out to her, so pure, bright, and powerful were they. It was like living in a buffet where she was not allowed the slightest taste of any of the food. There was no truer example of the torment of Tantalus.

"Maybe you should ask your master to allow us to leave? Or have you already done that?"

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna - PP = 42, EP = 111/333 (111), Status = Squishy

"Of course I do! Gotta make sure you're still squishy, Squishy! And don't you worry. I learned my lesson! Now I'll only poke you when I have my gloves on!" And it was definitely a lesson that needed to be learned. Shortly under their time together Valaria had poked Luna without any protection. She was completely enamored with the tingly sensation that was left on her finger. Another poke sent that tingle all up her arm. Another had it running all over her body, and she started feeling funny and hot and very friendly until another angel pulled her aside and placed a hand over her head. But that didn't happen until after that armor came off and Valaria started wondering out loud how that slime would feel in other places...

As Luna straightened herself out and explained her desire to explore as well her overseer started looking a bit puzzled. "Ask him to leave? Why would I need to do that? No one said you had to stay here..." And that was true. While no one had given her permission to leave the area none of her benefactors had said she needed to stay, either.

A

aguy

At the thought of the earlier poking incident, a slight blush came to the slime comprising Luna's cheeks in this form. It wasn't overtly noticeable, just a slight darkening of the slime there.

And thinking about what Valaria had said, it was true. She hadn't been forbidden from leaving. "Hmm... One of my predecessors learned a charming human expression, 'It is better to ask forgiveness than permission.' I suppose there is no reason for us to remain here, do you have any preference for where we shall depart to, or would you rather head west until we find something of interest?" Nothing in particular drew her towards the west, she had just decided to head that if they had no destination in mind, they might as well get moving until they found somewhere worth being.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna - PP = 42, EP = 111/333 (111), Status = Squishy

"Nope, I'm fine going wherever you go! Besides, I don't think I can tell you where to go. I'm an overseer, not an overlord." Of course, as soon as she said that Valaria immediately started heading down the path leading West from this carefully hidden village, but before she went very far she stopped and turned back toward Luna. Not a word was said, but she gave the impression that she was tired of waiting patiently for the slime woman to actually get up and do something.

So without further ado Luna began her quest to prove her worth to the world! And to prove that worth she was met with... Nothing. Which seemed rather odd. Though the trees that surrounded them weren't exactly tropical this area was still considered a part of the Amazonian Jungle. There were any number of untold dangers and horrors waiting around every corner, so why hadn't they appeared? It was like this area was empty for no apparent reason. There were even tracks on the ground that belonged to something large, like a cat or something similar, but they simply came to a stop as if the creature had been plucked right from the ground. If Luna chose to look toward Valaria for answers, advice, or even to simply see what she thought the angel would only return a look of confusion. "I'm not quite sure what that is, but at least it's something, right?"

A

aguy

"Well this is most...peculiar..." Luna remarked, mostly to herself. She found herself looking around warily, there were many seemingly unnatural things the jungle, but the most unnatural of all was silence. The fact that they hadn't encountered a single creature, coupled with the tracks of the vanishing cat was downright worrisome.

In response to Valaria's confusion and statement, Luna said, "It is certainly something... I know predators exist in the jungle that are capable of flight and carrying off their prey, but their should still be some creatures here... This speaks of a disturbance. Perhaps something demonic or alien in nature has caused the wildlife to flee? Or maybe something else entirely?"

Regardless, Luna continued to lead the way forward, treading, or rather sliding, carefully. This whole situation had her rather on edge.

Sorry for the delay, IRL obligations cut into my free time a lot more than I was expecting. Still committed to this though, just so you know.

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna - PP = 42, EP = 111/333 (111), Status = Bound
Rolls
Perception: Rolled a 1

Webshot x5: All auto-hit
--- Luna is Bound

"Oh?" For a couple moments Valaria appeared to be a bit curious, but little by little her eyes started to sharpen. "Demons or aliens..." By the time she stood tall all traces of her former happy-go-lucky attitude had vanished, and it was quickly replaced by a lethal seriousness Luna had only seen when the two had first met. "Then I shall take point." She was true to her word, and though she had yet to summon a weapon the air she carried told Luna that perhaps it would be best to give the angel a wide berth.

Their trek through the forest didn't reveal much more, though after a few steps Valaria looked to the ground. She failed to acknowledge Luna in any form, and after running her fingers against the forest floor she simply muttered a single word. "Silk..." And that's when all hell breaks loose. From seemingly nowhere a ball of silk exploded over the slime's form. The strands fall over Luna's form, and though most things would simply fall through her she could feel the silk started to pull at her mass and hold her in place. It wasn't too much to worry about, but a moment later another ball falls over her. Then another. A third and fourth hit, and by that time Luna can't even lift her body into its proper form as she's nearly buried under a suffocating layer of webbing.

With her body buried as such Luna was unable to see much of anything, but she could feel five bodies landing nearby. "All right, lads, all at once, now!" A number of legs started rolling the slime-web mass between the lot of them, and soon enough Luna found herself completely trapped within a small cocoon.

"Capital! Don't worry, Miss Angel, we caught the slime before it could ambush you! Don't you worry your pretty little head-"
"Sarge?"
"Yes, Private?"
"She doesn't look all that happy..."
"Why do you say that?"
"Well she does have that giant hammer in her hands..."
"Nonsense! She's just preparing to smite the enemy that was trying to capture her!"
"But she's glaring at you, Sarge."
"Well, er..."

A moment later a small shockwave bounced through the earth, and Luna soon found her silky prison lifting into the air for just a second before it crashed upside-down.

"Perhaps we should give her a wide berth, Private."
"Yes, sir!"

A

aguy

Luna managed to be taken completely unaware by the ambush that rapidly left her bound in spider-webbing. A such, she really didn't have a good idea of what was going on. However, she was able to note the mass of legs rolling her, and concluded that despite the manner of speech, and the apparent militancy of the group involved, they had been ambushed by spiders.

Still, strange as it was for spiders to not only converse, but form a military unit, Luna herself was not one to judge them, seeing as she was a bit of an irregularity herself. As Valaria came to her defense, Luna struggled to break free of her webbing, while stating, "I believe there may be a misunderstanding here. Perhaps we should discuss the situation reasonably before things get out of hand?"

As it went, Luna got the impression that Valaria was well in control of the situation, judging by the shockwave, and the remarks of the ones referred to as 'Private' and 'Sarge'. Regardless, Luna did actually want to talk with this group as it could explain the disappearing animal tracks as well as the general lack of other creatures in this area of the jungle.

Luna tries to break free of the silk prison thing:
Body stat: 40
Grapple stat: 55 (not sure which stat is used to break out of silk prison binding things)

OP
Termite

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Luna - PP = 42, EP = 111/333 (111), Status = Fine

"What?! It can talk?!"
"It's name is SQUISHY!"

Another shockwave flung Luna's cocoon into the air, and as it came crashing down she could feel the strands straining to hold themselves together. And not all of them were successful. A couple of openings appeared, and with that Luna was able to thread her way though the silk and eventually coalesce out in the open air.

As she did she would spot a number of legs scrambling in the air over her, and a moment later a spider would actually land on her head and quickly crawl around to hide behind her. "Yes-I-do-believe-we-came-to-quite-a-terrible-misunderstanding-and-a-rational-discussion-would-help-ease-our-currrent-problems-but-before-we-can-do-that-PLEASE MAKE HER STOP!"

Elsewhere Luna would finally see what it was that Valaria was doing. A rather impressive hammer formed of pure light was held in her hands, and after a small jump she would bring it down into the earth and cause the ground to explode all around her. A couple of spiders had been caught in the latest blast, and though they didn't look all that harmed they did get thrown into the air. One of them was plucked by the angel, and with a look of utter contempt she threw it directly onto the other that was still struggling to get back onto its feet. They ended up in a tangled mess of flailing limbs, and with those two out of the way Valaria turned to look for even more. She quickly spotted the one trying to hide behind Luna, and as she started gliding forward with her hammer poised to strike the lone spider let out a little yelp and immediately ran for the nearest tree.