What's new

ACT [Acid Style] 銑鉄の探索者 / Explorer of the Golden Planet (RJ204720)

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

銑鉄の探索者
Explorer of the Golden Planet

Language:

Japanese

Summary:
From the creator of , and
Explorer of the Golden Planet is a side-scrolling action game in which you play as a spacefaring mega(wo)man type character. Almost Metroidvanian but generally more linear, you navigate each area and find loot, fight enemies and complete story events, upgrade and swap out your gear, then move on to the next. It can be a bit difficult to decipher your objectives if you don't speak Japanese (Check links), but it usually involves getting to a part of the map and fighting something.

Some enemies can break your armor, some can have theirs broken (particularly bosses).
You can customize your armor - the less you wear, the less durable it is and the more susceptible you are to damage, but it also makes you expend less energy and increases your mobility. Most enemies have H-attacks when your armor is broken - some require you to be knocked out.

There are many different weapons, and most can be modified with weapon parts to alter their attack. Different enemies are more or less vulnerable to certain types of weapon. Different areas will require different weapons to traverse, both to combat their enemies with any chance of success, and to clear blocks in your way.
Being knocked out will give you the option of returning to the last Pod, or resurrecting on the spot - The former costs you less gold than the latter, the overall cost depending on the area you died in.

Fetishes/features:
Female protagonist
Clothing damage
Combat Rape
(Some) Futanari
Heterogeneous fucking
Tentacle monsters, robots, flies etc

Links:
(JP)

Translation Project (ULMF thread, by @Rat-attack )
Guide V1.5 (By @TheBl4ckC4t )

Pics:

Downloads:

(Anime-Sharing, seems sketch as fuck but it works)
1.30 is on Cat - afaik the only difference is a few bugfixes and a scene extension.

Controls & gameplay basics:
Left/right - Movement
Up - Aim up/interact
X - Jump
S - Crouch/dodge/back-step(?)
Hold X to activate jump-jets when mid-jump
Dobule-tap directional keys to gotta go fast
Press V to change weapon between primary and secondary (Sec has limited ammo)
C - target nearest enemy (Shows you their stats)

Menu Translation Reference Cards
Pod menu:

Teleport menu (Press X):

Equipment (Buy weapon) Menu:

Buy/Sell/Upgrades Menu:

Last edited:

Dzhazgo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: 銑鉄の探索者/"Pig Iron Explorer" - creator of BARRAGE!

i thought he died :p
well. we'll see how's that one, but for me barrage was the best up until now

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've been waiting for this game for sooo long!! From the few sprites he showcased I can see the animation quality has increased yet again. This will be an instant buy on my end. Thanks for sharing this, OP!

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Barrage was great and yeah, those animations and art look a lot better than I remember in Barrage. This dev seems really consistent, I wonder why I haven't played their other games yet, they all look pretty good. Maybe I'll look em up before this is released. I probably had them saved in tabs and lost the window at some point, pretty sure I was planning on playing them eventually.

Dang it's nice to have devs you can rely on, I usually don't get excited before a game is complete/reviews are in, but this seems promising. Seems to have great kinks in it too. Dat facehugger animation though~ Simple but effective.

Last edited:

cold crow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wonder what game this is based off of now. :p

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

if i understand the blogpost, theres gonna be a female and futanari version/transformation in the game? as result the scenes will change a bit, well thats sure another + on the list for this game, next to lab 2(do they have a release this year too? maybe) this will be probably one of the better pixel-games this year.

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Japanese speaker to the rescue!

- The title may be changed since he is still in the middle of setting up the plot.
- aroused / futa status available, and applies to all h-scenes with enemies you encounter. the number of frames will not be much different from BARRAGE!
- about 50 variations of weapons. some will be just different in stats.
- numbers of the map are currently about 160, but he wants to increase to 180-ish.
- will be able to hire NPC mercs. currently made 8 of them.
- he didn't feel like making h-scenes, so he just did a heck of glitch-exterminating and map building. in result he finished about 80% of the maps, but 20% of lewd stuff completed.
- he's gonna get busy again after July, so currently attempting to release demo and show another progress report before that.

seems like the player character is android or cyborg or something.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Holy dorittos.

That's a lot of love put into that upcoming game and these are great news.

OP
Jesus

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Japanese speaker to the rescue!

- The title may be changed since he is still in the middle of setting up the plot.
- aroused / futa status available, and applies to all h-scenes with enemies you encounter. the number of frames will not be much different from BARRAGE!
- about 50 variations of weapons. some will be just different in stats.
- numbers of the map are currently about 160, but he wants to increase to 180-ish.
- will be able to hire NPC mercs. currently made 8 of them.
- he didn't feel like making h-scenes, so he just did a heck of glitch-exterminating and map building. in result he finished about 80% of the maps, but 20% of lewd stuff completed.
- he's gonna get busy again after July, so currently attempting to release demo and show another progress report before that.

seems like the player character is android or cyborg or something.
Is the title "translation" accurate? I assumed it was one of those things where output is completely different

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is the title "translation" accurate? I assumed it was one of those things where output is completely different
I belive so. 銑鉄 can be translated as "cast iron" or "pig iron", and pig iron seems more appropriate here.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Gonna keep an eye on this. Hopefully it's better than Wandering City.

Gotta admit, I haven't really played Ethereal Legion. I didn't give it a much of a chance because I didn't really understand it and then forgot about it. Then came Wandering City. Decent, although it's kinda grind-heavy and better played with the music turned off.

Still, Barrage was great, so let's hope this one does well.

OP
Jesus

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Gonna keep an eye on this. Hopefully it's better than Wandering City.

Gotta admit, I haven't really played Ethereal Legion. I didn't give it a much of a chance because I didn't really understand it and then forgot about it. Then came Wandering City. Decent, although it's kinda grind-heavy and better played with the music turned off.

Still, Barrage was great, so let's hope this one does well.
You could turn off the music in Wandering City? Fuck, I could've spared myself some insanity.
Ethereal Legion's good for the H-anims alone - I didn't understand the gameplay at all, much less how to beat it

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Very much do want.

Maybe this will topple BARRAGE! as my favorite game from this circle (and one of my favorite H games period.)

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

BARRAGE was a good game with many flaws. Unfortunately, the follow ups exhausted my belief in the circle. Maybe this will revive it.

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pointed legs ARE MY JAM (Scizor, Marina Liteyears, Aigis, and Fireball Charming are other examples that come to mind) and I very much enjoyed the last game. So I'm very much looking forward to this one!

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just played Ethereal Legion, while it is strange and the H being completely censored to oblivion before you clear the game hurt it (Just beat everything on easy to unlock human sprites), it wasn't terrible. Game gets better on harder difficulties and the secret level is pretty awesome. Some people might be turned off by it because it's like a summoner simulator, you mostly just attack to regen mana for more summons. You also might not notice soon enough that you can upgrade your attacks to be able to use them when you jump, that helps tremendously.

It did have balance issues though, if you can avoid being grabbed, you really can't lose. Some of the bosses become too easy because their H grabs are pretty easy to avoid (Final boss has this issue the worst, she should have had H attacks that were much harder to avoid), so you can slowly chip them down without much skill. For those that didn't enjoy it, I'd say try to realize the gameplay is mostly trying to summon the right type of summons to deal with situations. The summons all have pretty clear strengths and weaknesses and are actually fairly well balanced. There isn't really a clear "spam summon this all game to win" summon, like similar games usually have, you have to switch things up for certain levels/enemies. You might think the ice golems with aoe damage are OP at first, but then you come to tank enemies that blow them away in one shot. Similarly the flying summons with homing attacks sometimes seem really powerful, until they get pelted down out of the sky by anti air monsters.

Best level was the secret necromancer level by far. It unlocks after you full clear the main game on the 2nd or 3rd difficulty I think? Maybe it unlocked after I cleared everything on easy and I didn't notice it immediately. I think he should have set up the main game to be more like that, having more than 2 magic slots for starters. Play that on the hardest difficulty and you'll really feel what the game is about. It's better because you already have everything you need to win, sometimes you can dig yourself into a hole with only 2 slots if you bring along the wrong type of summons for a level in the main game. So all you have to worry about in that level is summoning the right types of monsters at the right times and avoiding enemies.

TLDR: Although it did have some balance issues, he actually did a decent job of recreating the "summoner" playstyle of oblivion games. You can't do much on your own and just need to use your mana appropriately and avoid damage to win (Being stripped naked means you can't generate mana with your attacks anymore and it's more difficult to win). If you've never played a game/gamestyle like that before, you might be confused or might not enjoy it though. Don't judge the game too harshly on the easy difficulty setting, think of that as just the way to unlock the proper H animations : p The game is meant to be replayed on all difficulty settings.

I'ma probably try out that "wandering city" game soon.

Last edited:

Scud

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Pointed legs ARE MY JAM (Scizor, Marina Liteyears, Aigis, and Fireball Charming are other examples that come to mind) and I very much enjoyed the last game. So I'm very much looking forward to this one!
Looks like cherry poi style

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I've loved all the games by this Circle, although Wandering City was my least favorite, the animations were good and kept me happy.

Ethereal Legion was great in my opinion, especially after I played the translated version. I was also very much into the shadow style of the characters, made better when you can change them back to humans. Wish the game overs were a little better, but I can't complain. I currently have full trust in Acid Style.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score

had fun with BARRAGE too back then, can't wait to test this game out.
it'll be very hot if you can somehow have a relationship with your merc and have a good time together every now and then, being a futa mc in an r18 game, the possibility of her screwing another female is quite high.

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

uuuuuupdate from developer's blog.
according to him, he felt confident about the trial so he ran the final debug,
and found "critical calculation miss" from the store in the game.
so, he's currently fixing it, and will try to release the trial by next week.

cant, wait.

oh btw, if the developer doesn't change the title, I think it should be translated to
"Iron-made" or something rather than "Pig Iron", since the PC seems to be an android.