What's new

ACT [GRIMHELM] Alien Quest: Eve (RJ311440)

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Yes, I know this. I'm just pointing out that there seems to be a severe lack of defense power ups (I've counted a big fat zero) compared to the rather plentiful power ups in other stats, and then asking if anyone has found any. Heck, attack is getting attack power ups from two sources (not counting putting points into attack, which makes it three) if you look.
Those will probably be implemented soon enough, the game has a demo/full release schedule posted somewhere in the thread.

LordOfGears

Reputation score
I've noticed that most enemies in the game can be easily defeated by melee attacking while crouching. You don't move forward while attacking while crouched and you can stunlock enemies in place until they die. The best defense is a good offense, as it is said.

This tactic isn't effective against the poison guys though, range seems to be key there.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
You can pretty much stun lock most enemies here with melee attacks. Which make's things easier, but in some levels that isn't enough. Also you gotta be careful if you want to get close and personal, otherwise the main character is gonna be someone's fuck toy. (Which is kinda the point. :p)

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
He just posted on patreon that he is pausing his patreon account (payments) due to the delay in next demo

"Apologies for the delay and Pausing my account. I apologize for this awful delay. I decided to pause my account and not accept payments anymore until I complete the game. So you don't need to pay any more. The rewards will be based on last month payment(May). Thank you for your support "

Blessed Shikibuss

Reputation score
Great dev, honestly even if this is just hobby atleast he's humble. Unlike some devs... who take months.... for a status update...

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
Grimhelm page is under review by Patreon ... Let's cross our fingers and hope it goes ok with it.

Zepheral

Reputation score
Damn, he doesn't even have anything that severe.....

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
Grimhelm page is still under review, it's more than 2 weeks now ... And as he communicates rarely, it's hard to have news

Mistah F.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The inability to see below as I fall is extreme fake difficulty.

Diurdi

Lurker
Reputation score
hehheh..."fake difficulty"
love the term
gonna be stealing that from you and using it a lot
Usually people call it "artificial difficulty". And they usually use that term wrong, not in this case though.

Zepheral

Reputation score
It's been a while, I don't know what to say at this point other than I hope he's not dead. The fact that his page is still under review isn't reassuring.
I guess Patreon really fucked him over.

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
He was at 5000 dollars/month before he decided to pause the payments, so he probably has enough money to finish the game. I just hope he is not going to run with that money and say "Patreon fuck your rule ! I am out" because that would mean no demo until game release.

SpectreHD

Reputation score
I'd prefer progress reports than a demo for each version the game while it is in development towards release.

One thing that the constant releases of the demos on Patreon or what not is that it removes the surprise when playing these kinds of games. You know what most enemies' sex attacks are before the actual release.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'd prefer progress reports than a demo for each version the game while it is in development towards release.

One thing that the constant releases of the demos on Patreon or what not is that it removes the surprise when playing these kinds of games. You know what most enemies' sex attacks are before the actual release.
Hey, I have a solution, just for you. Listen carefully, I'm not gonna repeat myself and you'll lose a chance for a better life with the rest of mankind. Ready?
Ok, here it goes -
you can always ignore the demos and NOT play them until the full version release. That way people have a choice of either instant gratification or the "surprise" when they get overloaded with fun. No one forces you to play the demos, even if you support/have supported the development on Patreon etc.

SpectreHD

Reputation score
Hey, I have a solution, just for you. Listen carefully, I'm not gonna repeat myself and you'll lose a chance for a better life with the rest of mankind. Ready?
Ok, here it goes -
you can always ignore the demos and NOT play them until the full version release. That way people have a choice of either instant gratification or the "surprise" when they get overloaded with fun. No one forces you to play the demos, even if you support/have supported the development on Patreon etc.
A good point and it is something I already do. Too bad you had to be a cunt about it.

All I did was just stated my opinion. But I guess it was too good of a chance to pass up to be a smartass.

There is another reason for not always asking for demos. Less pressure on the developer to constantly make demos. That means more development time to actually complete the game.

OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Usually people call it "artificial difficulty". And they usually use that term wrong, not in this case though.
If you ask me artificial difficulty only applies if it's intended, like buffed health bars. Something like this could easily be an oversight or thoughtlessness, unless there's something stating otherwise

Mistah F.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hehheh..."fake difficulty"
love the term
gonna be stealing that from you and using it a lot
I must confess I stole it from TVTropes

If you ask me artificial difficulty only applies if it's intended, like buffed health bars. Something like this could easily be an oversight or thoughtlessness, unless there's something stating otherwise
It's like you're ignoring all those spike traps clearly designed around it.