What's new

ACT Abandoned [hentairobotfromthefuture] Hero and Monster

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Hero and Monster

What game making program are using? The block like level design makes me want to think of Game Maker.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So many negreps for my rant, but the result was worth it.. Dev listened, shit got done.
Seems people have been scared a bit too many times by whiny overly-sensetive devs to consider that tough love actually does work once in a while, but I knew you weren't like the others..

Part of the reason I wanted him to release a demo was so that you could get some active feedback.. If you just build a game blindly with the only method of sharing details being pictures and text, it just won't be enough, there's always going to be something you missed that a simple demo will allow people to see and comment on.

Speaking of which, regardless what's already been commented on, here's my take on it..

1. The music was annoying and repetitive, and I faithfully assume the bug will be fixed where you are required to restart the game in order for simple volume changes to take effect.

2. ... I warned you about the sound, I really did.. Some of the greatest animations can't hold their own without the correctly satisfying accompanying sound effects to go with it, and using pixely sound effects, while cluelessly pertaining to a retro feel in a HENTAI GAME, just don't work very well. If this was a DOS game in the late 90's, it'd be the bee's knees, but there are better resources you can use for that sort've thing..

3. I can't really comment on the animations, they almost felt underwhelming. Only two of them seemed to "work" the player's shaft at all, the other one just seemed to give a sort've "energy draining" animation.. I can let it slide if the sound effects are worked into something better, as when combined correctly one can help compensate for the lack of quality on the other, and also I faithfully assume you have a fair number of other enemies with "good" rape animations..

4. The game mechanics themselves are.. Whatever they want to be. I come from the olden days of hentai gaming when game mechanics could be utterly slap-dash and the game would still get a gold star if the content was good, so honestly I don't care about how OP the player or enemies are, how high you can jump, how difficult the combat is, ect, you get a pass on that.

5. The idea of a post-lose mechanic in an ROR/adventure game where the monsters can infinitely have their way with you individually is a very rare and unique one, that I've only seen done right from nightmare sphere I beleive, so that makes this the official first male-protagonist game with infinite post-lose rape.. Even if your game turns out to be shit, it'll be shit wearing the platinum badge of "Hey, I don't see YOU makin' anything like this."

Overall.. I'm not entirely disappointed. It's hard to be completely disappointed with ANY release of a male-protag ROR game, because they're so cringe-inducingly rare that you have to praise whichever ones are made, regardless, and this one definitely deserves some genuine praise.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for finally releasing a demo. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll stop pointing that gun at your head and go point it at the dev for erotical night 2.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

erotical night 2.
Shit, why did people keep reminding me of games i should not have remember for the better of my life! :mad:

Joke aside, my feedback which isn't just repeating what others had said is probably something about the zoom.
I don't know, but i think the blur level thanks to the zooming, for the better, shouldn't be that noticeable.
It kinda hurt my eyes, so i always keep the zoom level at the minimum each time i played the demo.

Last edited:

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty sure this demo was kinda rushed and not polished.

I mean "LOL Demo Q=Ring" and a SUPER SPECIAL DEMO JUST FOR US, yeah I'm pretty sure OP has a sense of humor and intentionally left off a good bit of polish because yeah we were totes rushing him.

That said, pretty sure feedback is good, like the part about forgetting an indicator for the struggle mechanic.

I think some of the backlash for being mean about stuff though is perhaps people are starting to realize that the "Oh I was just being mean IRONICALLY" or "I was being mean for the person's own good, don't worry they'll thank me someday," are just over-used excuses by legit mean people.

OP has a sense of humor but let's not make it a habit to flip out on amateur game makers especially if they're making specialized niche content we can't really get anywhere else.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

So here's a question.

My intent with this game was to answer the age-old question of "What if there were H games on the NES", and that includes using NES-style sound effects. I see though that some of you want better sounds.

So, which would you prefer in this game: Bleep-bloop sounds or "realistic" sound?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So here's a question.

My intent with this game was to answer the age-old question of "What if there were H games on the NES", and that includes using NES-style sound effects. I see though that some of you want better sounds.

So, which would you prefer in this game: Bleep-bloop sounds or "realistic" sound?
BACK IN MY DAY WE FAPPED TO BLIPS IN TIFATAN

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not gonna lie, that does sounds arousing...

"Bleep-bloop sounds"! It's gonna be glorious!
it's amazing how many games hentai and otherwise use this sound effects pack
stumbled accross a scream it had early and only just placed it as the scream you get when you choose not to continue on no panties undercover cop...the schoolgirl fighting on a train one

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Go for it man. Lo-fi all the way. We already have a million games with attempted voice emulation. There is art in restriction.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Ok so what I'm hearing is "we want both." Gotcha. I'll figure something out.

Also just FYI I opened an account on to get some of that sweet sweet Nihon market. I've posted some animations there if you want to take a look.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Let me clarify, when I say "better" I don't mean voice acting.

I got the impression you were talking about 8 bit chiptune sounds. No to that.

But anything that matches the generic RPG Maker sound pack of antiquity or better, sure.

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I vote for bleep bloop.

Towerfag

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ok so what I'm hearing is "we want both." Gotcha. I'll figure something out.

Also just FYI I opened an account on to get some of that sweet sweet Nihon market. I've posted some animations there if you want to take a look.
Bleep bloop. It definitely fits the artstyle better.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes, because we live in a world where the art of a game has become so exponentially more important than gameplay and immersion that the clawing hand of ruin has even reached the realm of hentai gaming.

As I've said before.. You can go two ways..

You can go the EA route, and make a game that doesn't offend anyone, takes no risks, and does exactly what is requested of it, and get straight B's across the board (bleep-bloop sounds),

Or..

You can go the risky route, and make a game the specifically aims towards the niche that it is meant for, getting very mixed results, but overall making the game more what it should be, and less what people want it to be.. (realistic gushy/squishy sounds).

Either way is good, it all depends on who you're making this game for.. People who just want another hentai game fresh from the conveyor belt, or the starved minority of male-protagonist-RoR-game fans, who see this game as a full canteen of water in a vast unmerciful desert.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, because we live in a world where the art of a game has become so exponentially more important than gameplay and immersion that the clawing hand of ruin has even reached the realm of hentai gaming.

As I've said before.. You can go two ways..

You can go the EA route, and make a game that doesn't offend anyone, takes no risks, and does exactly what is requested of it, and get straight B's across the board (bleep-bloop sounds),

Or..

You can go the risky route, and make a game the specifically aims towards the niche that it is meant for, getting very mixed results, but overall making the game more what it should be, and less what people want it to be.. (realistic gushy/squishy sounds).

Either way is good, it all depends on who you're making this game for.. People who just want another hentai game fresh from the conveyor belt, or the starved minority of male-protagonist-RoR-game fans, who see this game as a full canteen of water in a vast unmerciful desert.
You do realize that "Bleep-Bloop" sounds is actually the risky choice here? I mean, how many H-games actually used "Bleep-Bloop" sounds?

And, how the hell a sprite game is meant to be with "Realistic" sounds?!

You got your priorities all jumbled up, mate.

Last edited:

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

As I said, I don't mind low tech sounds as long as they're not like... Custer's Revenge stuff.

lukeimo

Reputation score

How does the zooming work? I noticed it seems to have some strange anti aliasing applied to the sprites during the scenes, is there a way to can disable pixel interpolation and hopefully make it stretch as nearest neighbour? I wouldn't use anything else for pixel games.

Dank_Billy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For the small experience i have with reverse-rape games, I'm both excited and worried to hear those bleep bloop sounds.

I think Eroico did something similar and it worked out well, but I belive it's really easy to mess up just a tiny bit and ending up with H-scenes that break your boner because of silly sounds.

That said, it is something new and I like new stuff :).

Edit: grammar correction, english=bad