What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Reepyr] Adventures of Tara (v0.86.D19)

Pyran

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.32.D14 *Public Version* [Update April 8th]

No can do. She keeps telling me to check with her tomorrow.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.32.D14 *Public Version* [Update April 8th]

Welp, playing through this game just leaves me utterly confused.

Among a slew of "just why?" questions it seems either a bunch of stuff isn't implemented or is just made to not make sense, giving Bernal's key away seems utterly nonsensical, Tara has no reason to obey Sinus at that point and hell, the premise that leads to the threat of her being expelled is utterly ridiculous, a teacher can't hold order in class, assaults a student after clear signs of harassment and then attempts to expel one of the more promising students in the academy? Give me a break, at this point a supposedly headstrong and arrogant girl just completely folds over and accepts it all? What a joke.

More than anything though, why the fuck does Tara not just fucking kill Sinus, since the world seems to operate on "if I didn't see it happen, it didn't :^)" Overall this just reads like some teenage slashfic where they take revenge on a girl that was mean to them, which can easily be improved with a modicum of effort.

It just seems like a waste of what could be an interesting premise and excellent artwork, or maybe this just really isn't for me, make of that what you will.

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sorry my game isn't to your liking Censuur.

No can do. She keeps telling me to check with her tomorrow.
I sent you a PM Pyran and if you send me your save file I will take a look at fixing it for you!

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry my game isn't to your liking Censuur.
I wouldn't say that, a game is more than just the writing, and beside the writing it's great. If anything it's the contrast between the writing and the rest of the game that made the tone of my critique perhaps needlessly harsh.

Being unable to take Bernal up on his offer for example is just immensely frustrating, especially since she's given no excuse not to and every reason to, yet instead she goes along with some asinine ploy to get rid of the dude. What I'm suggesting is either make Sinus' threat credible or provide some other reason why she can't refuse. Similarly, make the premise where she is threatened with expulsion more credible, right now it just makes the teacher look like an absolute moron and the school and faculty completely incompetent and nonsensical.

Fixing some of these narrative issues doesn't need to be complicated, put some comments in the other classes where Tara gets scolded for making Bernal her unwilling puppet, and have the translocation class last where the teacher warns her he won't tolerate her stepping out of line here. Now you've suddenly established a precedent of misbehaving that lends credence to the consequence of expulsion and puts Tara in a position where her previous scoldings have put pressure on her, which makes her being so yielding a bit more believable from a character that is otherwise headstrong.

But yea, maybe it's just personal experience with a similar circumstance that just aggravates me here, apologies again for the overly harsh tone.

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I wouldn't say that, a game is more than just the writing, and beside the writing it's great. If anything it's the contrast between the writing and the rest of the game that made the tone of my critique perhaps needlessly harsh.

Being unable to take Bernal up on his offer for example is just immensely frustrating, especially since she's given no excuse not to and every reason to, yet instead she goes along with some asinine ploy to get rid of the dude. What I'm suggesting is either make Sinus' threat credible or provide some other reason why she can't refuse. Similarly, make the premise where she is threatened with expulsion more credible, right now it just makes the teacher look like an absolute moron and the school and faculty completely incompetent and nonsensical.

Fixing some of these narrative issues doesn't need to be complicated, put some comments in the other classes where Tara gets scolded for making Bernal her unwilling puppet, and have the translocation class last where the teacher warns her he won't tolerate her stepping out of line here. Now you've suddenly established a precedent of misbehaving that lends credence to the consequence of expulsion and puts Tara in a position where her previous scoldings have put pressure on her, which makes her being so yielding a bit more believable from a character that is otherwise headstrong.

But yea, maybe it's just personal experience with a similar circumstance that just aggravates me here, apologies again for the overly harsh tone.
No worries Censuur! I actually appreciate getting feedback about my work and I do make efforts to improve things that I can. I took your criticisms constructively.

When I first started the project I did plan on making both the Bernal and Sinius paths available but I ended up asking my patrons if they wanted me to work on both at once or focus on one at a time. They chose for me to complete the Sinius route first and so that is why the beginning is a bit rail-roaded. I couldn't really remove Bernal completely since there were some things that happened which were still pretty necessary for the early development and I do plan on creating his route once Sinius' is done which will make it more of a choice for the player. (5-6 more updates maybe)

I will take a look at adjusting the early dialogues in the Translocatum class to make it more clear that Master Jaleri is quite the hard ass and makes Tara feel uneasy about being able to pass the class. In my defense I will just say that I wrote those scenes a loooong time ago, I have hopefully improved my skills in developing the scenes and dialogues since then.

I have had more than a few people say I cranked the 'bastard' level up a bit too high on Sinius. So much so that they hate to have Tara do anything at all for him even if the images are enjoyable to look at. :D Woops!

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have had more than a few people say I cranked the 'bastard' level up a bit too high on Sinius. So much so that they hate to have Tara do anything at all for him even if the images are enjoyable to look at. :D Woops!
Personally I don't mind him being a bastard, and quite enjoy his shenanigans with Tara, but everyone thinks differently, so there's that.

Evident Disaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey does anyone have the saves for the game up until Day 15? My HDD crashed and I lost all the progress I made in the game, if anyone has the data up until then I'd appreciate it.

Also I took the submissive route for that one. So if you've made a lot of submissive decisions I'd like to stay on track. Please.

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Personally I don't mind him being a bastard, and quite enjoy his shenanigans with Tara, but everyone thinks differently, so there's that.
Thanks Xpyke, glad to hear you don't find him to be overboard on the asshole level. Should I be worried that I can write him this way so easily? :eek:

Hey does anyone have the saves for the game up until Day 15? My HDD crashed and I lost all the progress I made in the game, if anyone has the data up until then I'd appreciate it.

Also I took the submissive route for that one. So if you've made a lot of submissive decisions I'd like to stay on track. Please.
Sorry that I don't have a save file that would work for you Evident Disaster. Only ones I have are either with everything unlocked, or one with as little experience as possible.

I just released the next public version on my page, and it includes content up through Day 15 of the game. Check it out!

There are 6 major new scenes added in this update depending on your choices. One scene can only be experienced under very specific circumstances from decisions made beginning in the early parts of the game.

xpyke

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks Xpyke, glad to hear you don't find him to be overboard on the asshole level. Should I be worried that I can write him this way so easily? :eek:
Let's be honest here, it is your game and if you want you can write it in any given way, the major problem is that the minority is more vocal than the ones that don't care or like him this way, I'm just stating my opinion, but as I'm not your patreon I have limited weight on my statement.

If you are really worried, do a poll and your paying public will show you how they truly fell, in that way you stop paying mind to the minority and starting weighting your public in a fairer way.

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Let's be honest here, it is your game and if you want you can write it in any given way, the major problem is that the minority is more vocal than the ones that don't care or like him this way, I'm just stating my opinion, but as I'm not your patreon I have limited weight on my statement.

If you are really worried, do a poll and your paying public will show you how they truly fell, in that way you stop paying mind to the minority and starting weighting your public in a fairer way.
I don't get the impression that everyone hates how much of an ass Sinius is, but there have been a few comments about it. I'll just keep that in mind for future games that I make.

As a teaser for the update I am working on right now (Day 17), this is the day of Final Exams for the first set of classes. I'm sure there will be some shenanigans during the tests :)D) and there will also be a few important choices that will have a major impact on the Ending that you will eventually get on Day 21. Stay tuned!

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.80.D15 *Public Version* [Updated May 6th]

Sinius is cool, hes supposed to be an evil douchebag and he plays his role well. Also he is pretty much a Sith Lord with the way he acts and dresses, not to mention his name(Sinious = Sidious?) so he gets extra points for that.:cool:

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I don't get the impression that everyone hates how much of an ass Sinius is, but there have been a few comments about it. I'll just keep that in mind for future games that I make.

As a teaser for the update I am working on right now (Day 17), this is the day of Final Exams for the first set of classes. I'm sure there will be some shenanigans during the tests :)D) and there will also be a few important choices that will have a major impact on the Ending that you will eventually get on Day 21. Stay tuned!
NO, If you truly hate the villain, that means you are making Disney tier villains. This story has a good plot for a sex game, so keep it up!!!!

Distortedjoe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.80.D15 *Public Version* [Updated May 6th]

Hey I'm also looking for a full save for Day 15, could someone toss it my way?

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just a heads-up on the next update. It looks like it will be bigger than any that I have done before and it will have a lot of choices that will have an impact on the Ending you get.

Some Endings will be harder to unlock than others and I am planning on maybe 8 possibilities? Somewhere around there.

SStorm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Reepyr, any idea when your next release is coming out?

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Reepyr, any idea when your next release is coming out?
Hey Storm, I'm thinking that I'll be done with the beta in the next week or so and once that goes out I will probably share the next public version here. This next version is going to have a lot of choices and they will have major impacts on the Ending that you get on graduation day.

So not much longer of a wait!

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Since I am going to be releasing the beta for my next update today, I wanted to share the next free public release on my page. Enjoy!

*Quick reminders*
1. In the game menu select Scene Skip and then choose how you want the game to handle unlocked scenes when replaying them.
2. If there are any fetishes that you DON'T want to see, make sure to activate the fetish book in your inventory and disable whatever content you would rather avoid.
3. To see animations in Full Screen you need to enter full-screen mode using Alt-Enter rather than using F5.

You can now skip any scene you have ever unlocked in any previous play through. Load your last save (or my cheat save) and go into the Recall Room, you will notice that no scenes are unlocked anymore. Panic! Then head to the upper right corner of the room and hit the switch and make sure to Save, this will create the permanent switch save file and make it possible to skip any previously unlocked scenes if playing through the game again.

You need to Save after any new scene is unlocked, once you do it will be permanently stored in a separate save file.
The CTRL button will now skip through dialogue MUCH faster than it used to, fair warning!
A new animation by 3DZen for the first scene with Bridget has been added, make sure to check it out in the Recall Room!

Reepyr

Sardanian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.81.D15a *Public Version* [Updated June 17t

Tried this and liked it. Thanks!

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game v0.81.D15a *Public Version* [Updated June 17t

Tried this and liked it. Thanks!
Glad you liked it! I know not everyone can make a pledge but I definitely appreciate hearing when someone enjoys what I have created so far. Thanks!

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've just updated my page with the latest public release, enjoy!

Some scenes on Day 16 are using the 'hold down any key' to break animation loop, while others are the old way of timed loops so you can see how they will all be in the next version.

*Quick reminders*
1. In the game menu select Scene Skip and then choose how you want the game to handle unlocked scenes when replaying them.
2. If there are any fetishes that you DON'T want to see, make sure to activate the fetish book in your inventory and disable whatever content you would rather avoid.
3. You should have a 'Homework Log' in your inventory that will let you see your current status on whether you have completed current assignments as well as how many you have failed so far.
4. If you want to see the Animations in Full-Screen mode, enter Full-Screen by using ALT-Enter rather than F5

7 new major scenes! One is semi-hidden and another has a specific requirement for it.

Reepyr