What's new

RPG Fantia Active [おいらん一味] Iris★Mini RPG

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, since it seem that Torenia action is on hold and there only info about this other work, I though it was about time to gave it it's own thread instead of polluting iris action and torenia action thread.

Dev blog :
Fantia :

So, the game name isn't definitive, it's featuring Iris from the circle first work "iris action" ( ).

The game is an ADV (well, that's what the dev say). First blog comment if from april, and the lastest is the 10th about this game so we can assume it's a real project.
There a new blog entry about the game, with a short movie about the in game fight system :

direct link to the movie :
Along with an earlier battle movie !

Seem like the animation and art quality are still high, with clothing destruction included. And all the enemie show in the blog entry have already been encountered in iris action.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: 特に何もない日記 (non definitive name)

Why did you type out the blog entry title when the game already has a placeholder name given by the creator himself: アイリスムービー(仮)

OP
Bryanis

Bryanis

Reputation score
Re: 特に何もない日記 (non definitive name)

Why did you type out the blog entry title when the game already has a placeholder name given by the creator himself: アイリスムービー(仮)
/facepalm

Copied the wrong part of the name by mistake... changing it :(

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: アイリスムービー(仮) (non definitive name)

New update on the blog:

Don't understand japanese but google-fu mentions something of "Demo"

haven't downloaded it yet

EDIT

Ok bad news, this DEMO is just half the stage, that means no slug or mosquito just teasing at the right side, and this only has 2 scenes.

-Vine Grapple
-Tentacle flower

the 1st item is health potions, they replenish 3 hearts (or 2)
Posting here since it's the new thread.

Also the animations have just a little adition compared to the older ones. and thats about it

Damn, sad to hear it's until april because the dev already has like... well, all animations done, just needs to add just a bit

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So looking through the demo so far:

Shop
  1. Medicine: Heals 3 hearts, costs 200
  2. Full Heal: Heals all hearts, costs 500
  3. Clears status effects (no enemies apply status effects yet), costs 300
  4. Doubles attack power (doesn't stack), costs 500
  5. Pheromone: Allows you to choose enemy attacks during their turn, costs 10,000
  6. Increases heart meter by 1, costs 30,000
  7. Uniform: sets of the guild's uniforms for when yours gets damaged, costs 800
  8. Reveals adjacent squares on the map, costs 500
  9. Allegedly restores virginity (no enemies currently has sex, so the mechanic is probably unused), costs 40,000
  10. Continues (gets consumed when you choose to continue after being defeated. Continuing right after a battle consumes one, continuing after viewing game over CG consumes two.), costs 1000
Items 3 to 5 are used in fights; 6 to 9 are used outside fights; 1 & 2 can be used in either modes; having item 10 brings up a choice during the defeat scenes asking you whether or not you want to use a continue, not having enough causes the choice to not appear.

Combat
Six options during your turn in combat.
  • Attack
  • Idle
  • Item
  • Recover Stamina
  • Steal
  • Run
Three options during the enemy's turn.
  • Idle
  • Dodge
  • Counter

Scenes
  • Scratched and tired on the ground (Clothed, panties, nude)
  • Vines (Clothed, panties, nude)
  • Tentacle plant (Clothed, topless)
Mostly similar to the equivalent ones in Iris Action.

Last edited:

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Look like it's called "Iris★Mini RPG", according to the blog (my download isn't done yet). >_>

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So looking through the demo so far:

Shop
  1. Medicine: Heals 3 hearts, costs 200
  2. Full Heal: Heals all hearts, costs 500
  3. Clears status effects (no enemies apply status effects yet), costs 300
  4. Doubles attack power (doesn't stack), costs 500
  5. Pheromone: Allows you to choose enemy attacks during their turn, costs 10,000
  6. Increases heart meter by 1, costs 30,000
  7. Uniform: sets of the guild's uniforms for when yours gets damaged, costs 800
  8. Reveals adjacent squares on the map, costs 500
  9. Allegedly restores virginity (no enemies currently has sex, so the mechanic is probably unused), costs 40,000
  10. Continues (gets consumed when you choose to continue after being defeated. Continuing right after a battle consumes one, continuing after viewing game over CG consumes two.), costs 1000
That helps a lot, the only thing that i don't quite get is the "continue", like wasting 2 just to look at the CG? why not save and then just Game over to see it and waste none.

And the virginity perhaps has to do something with the blog post dev mentioned regarding it. Kinda cool if we get an animation or dialogue when losing it

Glyce

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
アイリス★ミニRPG

Blog update today with a new exe to patch in the CG for the tentacle plant in the gallery, it was bugged before, and something about skip key functionality (ctrl key). Rest of the post seems to respond to user feedback and mention what's next. Stage 1 seems to correlate with world 1 in Iris action, up to the purple vine boss. There are still problems to work out with controller support.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think what would redeem this for me would be an expansion on the original Iris content.

The concept is really nice and it's handled rather well, I would just like it a lot more if I hadn't already seen all of it. Yeah there are variations on the scenes from the original game, but the same familiar content in a different package would be better if there was more variation to the game over scenes. There's going to need to be lot of variation and maybe some alternate costumes for this project to capture fans who have already played Iris Action.

Here's hoping he goes that route. Maybe he'll even make the silver haired girl playable at some point as a NG+ option.

As it stands right now, it's still not enough for me to stop being sour about dropping Torrenia Action.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

There's going to need to be lot of variation and maybe some alternate costumes for this project to capture fans who have already played Iris Action. Maybe he'll even make the silver haired girl playable at some point as a NG+ option.

As it stands right now, it's still not enough for me to stop being sour about dropping Torrenia Action.
I don't think alternate costumes or a new character are very likely (I would love to be wrong, of course). That said, I could see a section where you play as Trenia, considering she already has some art and scenes, and then adding a bit of content for her.

Perhaps that could also serve as a bridge between Iris Action and Trenia Action? If that is the case, I could almost understand AN-sans ceaseless juggling of projects. Almost.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Blog post update: Not that much

Well seems that we finally get a sign of life from the dev after all this time, too bad the update was extremely short:

Google translate mention something about "Monster squirting"??, seems that the dev is having trouble with them. I think it has to do with something in battle where they throw the slime/spit, because if it's in the animations, how did just "Transfering" animation ruins everything?

skeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm still only a beginner at reading Japanese, but I guess he's having trouble thinking of new monsters / situations / angles

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm still only a beginner at reading Japanese, but I guess he's having trouble thinking of new monsters / situations / angles
Close. He's thinking of adding an additional animation involving breast attacks and squirting but can't think of a way to apply it via new monsters etc.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Close. He's thinking of adding an additional animation involving breast attacks and squirting but can't think of a way to apply it via new monsters etc.
It's weird since the dev already has like many monster with those animations that could just be added into that (worm, vines, tentacle plant, slugs, ghost, giant worm), really can't think why the dev takes it's sweet time, really hoping the game gets out early or the demo at least to check the date.

I can't remember but how much time did the dev took to finish iris action? 1 year?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's weird since the dev already has like many monster with those animations that could just be added into that (worm, vines, tentacle plant, slugs, ghost, giant worm), really can't think why the dev takes it's sweet time, really hoping the game gets out early or the demo at least to check the date.
Originality. He'd like one more situation in addition to what he already has but doesn't want it tacked on to existing monsters. His game, his rules.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

AN-san has a way of being particular to the point of frustration, but it's what makes his games so good.

I still wish he would pick one and focus on it, or even just two, instead of trying to juggle three or four.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

AN-san has a way of being particular to the point of frustration, but it's what makes his games so good.

I still wish he would pick one and focus on it, or even just two, instead of trying to juggle three or four.
NECRO POST IRIS ACTION BLOG STILL NOT UPDATED

Just in case people don't know about the dev but this is the twitter, no idea and google translate doesn't help, seems that there hasn't been any talk at all about the game and just random tweets

twitter.com/O_I_R_A_N

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
BLOG POST:

Well, good news, seems that the dev is finally working on the game (RPG one), at last after uhh 8 months? Whateves.

The blog post is like some sort of "Patreon" for him, don't know japanese that much but seems that you can become a fan "free", or donate him 100 - 500 yen for some updates (not the game, seems like what is the dev working or something)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
BLOG POST:

Well, good news, seems that the dev is finally working on the game (RPG one), at last after uhh 8 months? Whateves.

The blog post is like some sort of "Patreon" for him, don't know japanese that much but seems that you can become a fan "free", or donate him 100 - 500 yen for some updates (not the game, seems like what is the dev working or something)
No updates for over half a year, but what he has done is make enough material to make the game at least 3 stages long. He's switching over from rape animations being game-over only to a system where players see the animations when they are triggered during battle.

Fantia is a Japanese crowdfunding entity, similar to Enty. Of no concern to non-Japanese speakers who only know Patreon and its ilk. He's put up a page there to take donations but won't enforce the subscription-only model which is preferred by other creators who need the stable source of income.

OP
Bryanis

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, at least it's good news to know that he's still alive and working on the game(s?). Iris action was way too good to have lost this dev...

Now, just to wait and hope (again).