What's new

RPG [alicesoft] イブニクル / Evenicle

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The game would be much better if it would not have a fukin stupid monster with a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% encounter rate, 70 hours into the fukin game and 6 hours wasted on running around in Eden since im right before the final boss, and this piece of trash still didnt appear even once. A crappy 20% bonus exp for catching a Lucky Can Can and this crap does not even exist in this game.
The encounter rate isn't THAT bad. I've run into, what, 3 ? 4 Lucky Can Can during my play through ?

Is this game in the same setting as Rance? Or is it just a cameo sorta thing?
There are some strong implications that Evenicle is another creation of That Fucking Whale that he abandoned for whatever reason.

xiixoz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Um, I played the game for the first time and everything was ok, but when i came back to it the next day the voices during dialogues are turned off and I can't find any way to turn them back on. I tried resetting everything on the sound settings of the game but that didn't solve anything.
Any way to turn them back on? I tried every button on my keyboard I think.

Attachments

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hmm, start the game, on the main menu -> config -> sub category sound.
There voice related option like volume / mute, and stop voice when spiking text...

Maybe somehow you hit a wrong shortcut that mute the voice or something ?

xiixoz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ye I managed to get it back, probably some shortcut like you said.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Am I the only one who much prefers this game over the Rance series?

Rance is an asshole.
Asterisk is a loveable goofball.

The plot's still good too. Like bad shit still happens to people, like a girl getting kidnapped and raped by bandits so it's not like the content doesn't go there. Difference is, I don't want to choke the protag to death whenever he interacts with anyone.

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Am I the only one who much prefers this game over the Rance series?

Rance is an asshole.
Asterisk is a loveable goofball.

The plot's still good too. Like bad shit still happens to people, like a girl getting kidnapped and raped by bandits so it's not like the content doesn't go there. Difference is, I don't want to choke the protag to death whenever he interacts with anyone.
I prefer Rance way more. He may be an asshole, but he's a charismatic one who doesn't pretend he's anything else. He acts like what his environment shaped him to be- a spontaneous, short-sighted, womanizing mercenary... and I couldn't want anything else.

Could be because I'm tired of the pure good guy or pure bad guy in anime. Give me someone with personality and flair, even if said character is an asshole.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I prefer Rance way more. He may be an asshole, but he's a charismatic one who doesn't pretend he's anything else. He acts like what his environment shaped him to be- a spontaneous, short-sighted, womanizing mercenary... and I couldn't want anything else.

Could be because I'm tired of the pure good guy or pure bad guy in anime. Give me someone with personality and flair, even if said character is an asshole.
Meh, I feel that liking something because you rarely see it doesn't make much sense.
I mean, I rarely see gay protagonists, but that doesn't mean I'd like one. I rarely see ugly protags but that doesn't mean I'd like one.

You don't have to be an asshole to be spontaneous, short-sighted and womanizing.

If Rance existed in the world of Evenicle he'd become an outlaw in about a day, and get decimated by a zero knight.

They started fixing Rance up a bit after the female writer took him on at Rance 7? I think it was Rance 7. B4 that though he was pretty much garbage. Legit dumb as a brick getting NTR'd pretty often cause his personality was so terrible even the heroines didn't want to be with him. Living through situations through pure luck, not talent or ability like legit everyone else in the cast. Constantly sexually assaulting girls cause he has such a shit personality, he couldn't make them like him in any other way.

Aster's got all the good parts w/o any of the shitty parts of Rance.
Upfront about his sexual desire (check)
Opens up the heroines to their own lewdness (check)
Straightforward about what he wants and how he'll do it (check)
Is willing to dom and sub giving viewers a variety of content to see (check)

Alicesoft can actually write good morally gray protags like the hero of Big Bang Beat and shit, so I never got the respect Rance got. I've played all of them since Rance 3. Machine translated for quite a few, and while I admit I never finish the games, I always see the respect Rance gets as well as the game's production values and keep falling for it. I've regretted it literally every single time.

At least Evenicle's got me invested. I've got 20 hours into the game in like 2 days and I'm pretty sure it'll be a game I'll finish.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
Just to let know the fan that the bonus "Rance Evenicle" is now up and kicking in the cat paws in English version...

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Just to let know the fan that the bonus "Rance Evenicle" is now up and kicking in the cat paws in English version...
Any info on Evenicle 2?
Glasses boy's harem looks great.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Evenicle 2 has just been released. So far there isn't any official news about a translation.

Even if the 1st was well receive, I doubt the 2nd would have an english release before next year (in the case it's already WIP but not announced).

Either play it in jap or put an alarm to remember looking for it in 3 / 4 years ^^

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind waiting that long. I already got the japanese version, and playing it without understanding much sucks the fun out of the game for me, as the entertaining characters were among my favourite parts of the first game. Just wish I had the chance to get a physical version...

EDIT: Aaand I just figured I should actually look around online. Turns out even Amazon is selling it on disc. Nice!

shineek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
From what i saw mangagamer announced they are gonna do Evenicle 2, this was with the results of the poll they where making some time ago.

D

Deleted member 359551

Hello everyone.
Just bought it on GOG ( ).
Could you provide some tips about the game and what missables I should keep in mind?
Thanks in advance.

Mick2000

Reputation score
Hello everyone.
Just bought it on GOG ( ).
Could you provide some tips about the game and what missables I should keep in mind?
Thanks in advance.
as you know that this game is RPG, so basically talk to literally everyone and make sure to visit every place in town, it's very easy to miss some sub-event. for example, every town has church, for every first time visit of different church from different town, different event will trigger, so make sure to get them all properly. also some road or passage tend to be hidden so you kinda need to be sharp about your exploration.
last but not least, the game is pretty linear in story, even if you didn't do any of sub-event the main story will still progress the same and it's not like if you doing sub-quest the game will give you some sort of godly class weapon.
either way, this is an open-world exploration RPG game, just search every nook and cranny. and enjoy your ride for fantasy story, hope you like every second you spend. except that part at the sugar factory

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, the only missable thing are the hidden path (easy to found if you look at the map and follow the walls), and the extra bonus clothes that require to explore the map for special point and got lucky on the rand for thoses points (but it's really an end game thing)

Lot of walkthrough and faq & tip on internet - both Jp or En if you need.
Else it's linear as hell, just grind a bit here or here :p

Bryanis

Reputation score
Since there no thread for Evenicle 2, just an head up to announce the release in English on 22th February 2022.
Translation by Alicesoft (so sadly they keep the visual censoring for the English version, with luck some fan will provide a patch if it's just removing the mosaic and not redrawing that's need). Sold on multiple site (Jast, Dlsite, Fakku, KG, Steam...) with pre order small price cute (around 3-4 $ less than full price).

PS : some selling site have DRM while other don't have DRM.

Last edited:

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Nice, really enjoyed the first one despite the main character being as dull and boring as they come so I have no doubt I will enjoy the second one too, especially since some of the girls seem like really low effort rip offs from the first game, which I do not mind at all if its characters like Ramius getting ripped off. With it becoming increasingly hard to find good translated games in this genre I guess sticking to established ones like Alicesoft games is the only way currently.

Mick2000

Reputation score
they release english demo last time while showing that they translate it themselves, expecting feedback from the fan.
we told them that we hate it since they keep stuff censored (mosaic) and even cut out some scene completely from the game, we even give terrible feedback just so they could back and work with MangaGamer and produce a better localization (because MangaGamer already make an excellent translation work, even uncensored everything).
and here we are...... i'm not paying for this.

Bryanis

Reputation score
For thoses waiting for the release of Evenicle II English (either buying of waiting for piracy), the release date has changed from feb 22th to feb 23th on Dlsite and Mangagamer. Other reseller are still on Feb 22th.
No message anywhere to explain why (Dlsite I could understand for a world release on the same day, but if mangagamer is changing too...).