Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Dark Horse Comics

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: ALRIGHT DC OR MARVEL

i dont read comics but i do watch animated shows and movies, marvel for movies, but dc wrecked it in the animated department, wich gives me more content to watch. gotta give it to dc just because they have so many shows i am interested in and watched over the years.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I prefer Marvel. It just seems like their universe is more consistent and all the superheroes just mesh really well together. DC comics has heroes that are completely opposite of each other. Just look at Batman and Superman. Most of Batman's enemies are mundane (no superpowers) while Superman is pretty much invincible (kryptonite aside) with limitless strength and all the best superpowers. I've heard that he even had mind control in the comics, at least at one point. Not to mention time travel (by going around the Earth at incredible speeds).

That said, I have watched the entire Smallville series and I thought it was pretty good (I'd give it a 7/10).

The first comic book series I read was Justice League of Europe (DC). Namely, I recall Captain Atom and Power Girl. The rest is a total blank. xP
Aside from that I've never really had much interest in the DC comics themselves.

My favorite Marvel series was Excalibur, but that was in the early days. I never really read much of it after the original artist and writer left, but after checking the info on wikipedia I see the series was taken for quite a bad ride. I'm glad I didn't bother with the later books of the series.

I also read quite a bit of the Transformers series. I guess I got started shortly before it ended though.

Another series I liked is the original Death's Head (Death's Head 2 is super sucky by comparison).

Hopefully I have a full set of all of these (excluding Excalibur, and for it I'm hoping up to issue 37 or so). Someday I'd like to go through my books and get rid of the stuff I don't care for while finishing up the series(es?) I do like.

I've rather enjoyed all the Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, etc.. movies that have been coming out. I kinda wish the X-Men universe could go out of Fox's control so that Marvel Movies Studio could do something with the franchise, but I doubt that'll ever happen. xP

I've got a bunch of the early Image comics. I seriously need to get rid of that stuff. Investing in comics.. what a joke that was. xD

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

i dont read comics but i do watch animated shows and movies, marvel for movies, but dc wrecked it in the animated department, wich gives me more content to watch. gotta give it to dc just because they have so many shows i am interested in and watched over the years.
You're right like many of the justice league ones (crisis of 2 earths) and batman one. DC animation films put in major philosophies which I love. But like I said in a previous post the main character always wins.
Marvel does the same thing at times but puts in a way that makes you jump out of your seat. D.C has very good fight scenes but so far none has put me in a level that I'm screaming out "Get him, Get HIM!"

(Also marvel has deadpool :D)

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Jesus, Zepheral, going a bit overboard with the profile pic or what?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

God, makes my connection chug whenever I load a page he's posted on.

Zepheral

Reputation score

Should I take it off? I changed it cause people spammed my inbox for the source of my old avatar so i change it to something different.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Do what you like, we're not the avatar police. But a good way to stop the inbox spamming would probably be to name the sauce in your signature.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's just a bit disturbing to see a girl licking her own cervix.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's two different girls, look closer and you can see the one on top's ass in black at the top left of the image.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, well, I guess I just assumed that since they stretched physiology far enough to show an external cervix, having a super-bendy spine wasn't out of the question.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

In terms of the amount of content the respective companies put out that I consume and enjoy, DC wins by an absolute landslide.
In terms of who I'm more a fanboy of, none of the companies, really.

Also, "DC Comics" is redundant and I hate that its the official name for the company

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess it is redundant, now I kind of hate that too.

I personally like both myself, maybe a slight advantage to DC since I like a few of their versions of the heroes better. A very slight advantage though since my actual favorite comic is Marvel.

Also making Captain America a deep cover Hydra agent has to be the most retarded comic book idea I have ever heard. That's the kind of thing that would make me swear off reading a comic rather than get me interested in it. Then again knowing Marvel it's probably just a clone.

Bamioum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Marvel and Dark Horse has Star Wars, DC does not have Star Wars. also the obvious ones like Spiderman and the finally popular Deadpool makes this Marvels win.

Zepheral

Reputation score

The answer is always deadpool.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I guess it is redundant, now I kind of hate that too.

I personally like both myself, maybe a slight advantage to DC since I like a few of their versions of the heroes better. A very slight advantage though since my actual favorite comic is Marvel.

Also making Captain America a deep cover Hydra agent has to be the most retarded comic book idea I have ever heard. That's the kind of thing that would make me swear off reading a comic rather than get me interested in it. Then again knowing Marvel it's probably just a clone.
Nah, Marvel or the writer of the comics I believe, said on twitter that it was the 100% real Steve Rogers who was not under any sort of mind control or cloneage of any sort. It's most likely just a publicity stunt of some sort that'll end up being figured out but it's a real cheap one

They could also just be lying to make it more publicity worthy and it actually being a clone even though they said it wasn't

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Damn! For once I was actually hoping it would just be a clone. Now I'll just have to pretend it's his evil twin cousin Mortie Rogers.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Of course, there's half a dozen Steve Rogers running around in different 'verses. I'm never quite sure which ones are canon.

Zepheral

Reputation score

Lol how weak is superman?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's another suspension of disbelief problem I have with DC. How is god in a spandex suit so friggin retarded that he doesn't know Batman's got his only weakness? And at that point, why not just chuck rocks at him from beyond the kryptonite's range?

If you're going to make OP characters,you've gotta give me better reasons for them to lose their OPness.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The main answer to your question is that people have a boner for Batman, and the writers of DC know that.

That being said, as mentioned before, Superman has been toned a lot down since the Silver Age. He's not only susceptible to Kryptonite, but lack of sunlight over an extended period of time as well (and in some cases, extended exposure to red light), as well as all forms of magic and psychic powers.