What's new

Amestris - Central City

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The recent months had been somewhat eventful, what with Scar's ploy in making the Philosopher's Stone at Lior, and the loss of a sizable amount of the army in that incident. Several alchemists and people of note were still missing from that, including the Elric brothers. All known homunculi have been destroyed, and Kimblee is currently confined in an undisclosed location.

As summer begins to open, things seem to be calm, for a change. Inside an inn that is currently serving as a dormitory for the sudden swell of new State Alchemists, one of these new SA's paced in the lobby, checking his watch.

"Man, Max really needs to get back here...The Colonel is supposed to be dropping by soon..." James Tarent muttered under his breath. He stopped, and put his watch away, before glancing out a window. A slight snort, then he added, speaking normally to himself now, "Looks like a storm's thinking about moving in..."

((All player characters are starting inside the temp dorm. And it's open.))

Last edited by a moderator:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Amestris - Central City

Right on cue Maxwell comes bursting through the door, quite literally in fact, and rights himself as he tumbles forward. Sweeping his hair out of his face as he straightens his uniform jacket with his other hand he calls to James.

"Woah that was close, has Mustang turned up yet?" He says casually, acting as if nothing had just happened. "I really don't want him chewing me out again."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James snorts as Maxwell enters, and seems about to answer...when he pauses, and points somewhat confused at what appears to be snowfall outside. After a second, he finally manages to reply, "No, he's not been here yet...But isn't it supposed to be almost summer?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Relax, will ya? His bark is worse than his bite, you know." A sarcastic voice followed Maxwell, and it's owner entered the room shortly afterwards. Jack was rarely seen excited about something. Most of the time, he showed nothing but a grim expression to those around him. Cynder seemed to be relaxed most of the time, not caring about a single thing going around. However, he was not as naive or careless as he appeared to be. Jack looked at the window. His eyebrows raised for a moment before a half-smile appeared on his face. "Quite a sight, don't you think?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Huh, that is weird. I wonder what it could mean." Max says to himself more than anyone. His attention is then drawn to the new arrival.

"True, though don't speak too lightly of Mustang's harshness. Though I guess you wouldn't know too much about the Colonel. What with you not being his apprentice and all." Whilst there was no malice in Max's retort he obviously had a problem with people trying to 'usurp' his position as Mustang's apprentice.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack's grin widened. "Apprentice, huh... Like I care. It's not like you're much better than me." Cynder shrugged and crossed his arms. Even though Max wasn't trying to be malicious, Jack wasn't so forgiving. "Or are you afraid that someone might take your precious Colonel away?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Hmph, like you'd have the talent to replace me," Max began sizing Jack up whilst putting one of his gloves on. He then puts a hand in his pocket, in an attempt to mimic Mustang as he prepares to fight. Unknown to Jack Max had a capsule of gunpowder in his pocket and should he have need to fight he'd be able to throw it out at a moment's notice.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James watches this exchange for a moment, then sighs, shakes his head, and moves to the other side of the room and sits down where he can watch the weather develop outside the window.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack chuckled at the sight of Max preparing himself just like Roy usually does. "I can see you've actually learned something from him... Altough I'm not sure if it's a step in the right direction. Well, if you need a pointer, just ask. I will gladly help you." It seemed that for now, Cynder was content with mocking his rival. Maxwell's reaction seemed to please the young alchemist.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Moving down from the upstairs area, another of the new state alchemists makes herself known. Figures, we're not even state alchemists long enough to get real dorms, and you people are already picking fights. Typical male bravado, why don't you two just go find a closet or something to make out in already? Sen says, sweeping out her great cloak in what might be seen as an attempt at looking dramatic. Really, though, it being summer and all, the blasted thing is hot and Sen's just trying to get a bit more air flow in addition to leaving the thing open down the front.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Realising that he's let his dedication get the better of him, Max takes off his glove and takes a seat. "Like I need any pointers from you." He says briefly to Jack before looking outside. The weather was definitely different to what he's used to seeing towards summer.

"Any idea what could be causing it?" He asks James, though he'd imagine that James did not know the answer.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Unless it's one of the survivors? No clue," James shrugged. "I just kind of figured that we'd find out later."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"One of the survivors? Hrm....I don't think anyone who survived what happened in Lior would have the energy to create this weather." Max sat in silence for a moment, trying to think of different reasons. "Argh, I can't think of anything!" He suddenly blurts out, ruffling his own hair in frustration.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

What are you staring at anyway? Sen asks, moving over towards a window. Snow? I've heard of hailstorms during the summer, but snow? Besides, I don't think I've heard of an alchemist who could actually affect the weather. How would that work? Anyway, at least it should get a bit cooler so the heat won't be as bad. She continues as she looks at the snow.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"There may be no Alchemist that can alter the weather, but what if it's just some other alchemical ability, made to look like they've changed the weather?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Like a massive pollen cloud or something? Sen replies, think along the lines of one of her alchemical foci. I still don't know how they could control something that high up. The circle would have to be something crazy.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Miranda eased in the door of the lobby grumbling to herself. She stripped off her outer coat and shook her umbrella, thankful she's seen the stormclouds rolling in before she left her home. "What the hell is with this weather?" she snorted, "I've never seen anything like this." Then she turned to the others in the room, and nodded a greeting to each of them.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

((Chibi, to change water into vapor you need the skill Water Temperature 1 or above))

Max sat silent for a moment, trying to think how the weather was like it is.

"Maybe what we're dealing with is a really powerful Alchemist. From what I've heard about Edward Elric something like this would be easy for him, but I doubt he'd actually do it."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

( -ninja- whatchu talking about eh Oni?)

"Power certainly." Miranda said, her low pitched voice carrying across the room. "You'd have to be proficient in temperature changes using the water..." she mused, "Take an already forming storm, and freeze the rain on the way down..." then she shook her head, "It's beyond my ability to grasp." she said with a wry smile. "That's just my best guess."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack sighed as he watched the snow petals dance outside the building. "Maybe we're looking in the wrong direction. Maybe it wasn't achieved through transmutation only. Perhaps someone used some sort of a substance that either enhances the process of transmutation, or something that influences water. Either way, this theory doesn't seem to be less strange than your idea..."