What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Another Story] Fallen ~ Town of Heritage and Makina, The Blazing Hair~ / Fallen ~炎髪のマキナと遺跡の町~ (RE196616) (RJ196616)

sacredfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A game that is being made by an artist I really like. I think this is their first game but so far I really like the trial. I wished there were some RoL but we'll see once the full game comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rin Umiko

Reputation score
Re: (Another Story) Fallen ~炎髪のマキナと遺跡の町~

So, what can be expected from this? NTR? Corruption? Battle rape? Sexual harassment everywhere? Or just standard going around trying to trigger events?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A game that is being made by an artist I really like. I think this is their first game but so far I really like the trial. I wished there were some RoL but we'll see once the full game comes out.

OOOOH these guys did a rita mordio doujin i liked

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, what can be expected from this? NTR? Corruption? Battle rape? Sexual harassment everywhere? Or just standard going around trying to trigger events?
ザ・オーソドックスなRPGです。
ストーリーを進めたり町の人々と会話することで展開していきます。
戦闘もシンプルなシンボルエンカウントです。
一度見たHイベントは回想部屋で見返すことができます。

You're capable of reading the above, so that's your question answered.

Nice character design. Looks like monster rape is on offer since 異種姦 is one of the tags.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

ザ・オーソドックスなRPGです。
ストーリーを進めたり町の人々と会話することで展開していきます。
戦闘もシンプルなシンボルエンカウントです。
一度見たHイベントは回想部屋で見返すことができます。

You're capable of reading the above, so that's your question answered.

Nice character design. Looks like monster rape is on offer since 異種姦 is one of the tags.
From the text, this has
  • Orthodox RPG
  • Talk with NPCs to advance the story
  • Symbol encounter for battles
  • Gallery
Unfortunately, except for the gallery, hardly any of the above can be considered selling points.

I were just hoping for some nice evaluation from someone who had experienced the trial and the author's previous works.
Sorry if that offended anyone.

Anyway, played the trial, and here's what I saw:
  • There's "Lust" stat, so probably some corruption element.
  • Some light H-scenes with NPCs (including a goblin). No actual sex yet.
  • H-scenes for sub characters, but those are just standard non-consensual sex.
  • Decent sex & story integration.
  • And of course, nice art.
  • No combat rape or even GOR.
Overall, it's average. Not something with only good artworks, but not something absolutely brilliant either, yet.

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I found that most demos available during the development phase are basically the early test build they most likely made for themselves, which are usually of very poor quality and has values not yet used. Probably best to put this off to the side until its released before judging it.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

According to the author's blog, this game will be delayed until late April now. I had a feeling this would be the case based on the trial. However, this is probably still my most anticipated RPGMaker MV game coming out. If he's able to implement the systems that the trial touched on, this could set the standard for all future MV games. The bar is not high :p

jello_pudding

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks hype, it should be out any day now?

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Looks hype, it should be out any day now?
I think this will be delayed again based on the comments on the author's blog. It seems like there are some bugs that people were able to identify. Fortunately, the author has been pretty proactive in listening to and fixing the issues people were finding with the trial. He also seems intent on not rushing the game out the door, so I could see this being delayed at least another month.

The good news is that all the CG for the game appears to be done. It will have 30 sheets. The main character, Makina, will have 16 CG to herself with the other 14 CG divided among the other two characters. This will include the 3P/4P scenes as well.

Jiles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I cleared the demo, but people are mentioning a goblin, and I'm missing two scenes (got the bandit in the woods scene). How do you trigger the goblin?

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I cleared the demo, but people are mentioning a goblin, and I'm missing two scenes (got the bandit in the woods scene). How do you trigger the goblin?
I'm trying to recall off the top of my head, so don't completely take me at my word, but I believe you have to talk to the guy in the far northwestern part of town near the flowerbed to trigger the goblin event. After that, you have to go back into the woods where the hut is, and the goblin event should trigger in there.

Hope that works out for you.

Jiles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm trying to recall off the top of my head, so don't completely take me at my word, but I believe you have to talk to the guy in the far northwestern part of town near the flowerbed to trigger the goblin event. After that, you have to go back into the woods where the hut is, and the goblin event should trigger in there.

Hope that works out for you.
That was exactly it, thank you very much. Now I'm just missing one scene. Have the guy who cures your poison in the dungeon in exchange for groping, the goblin, the blacksmith, and the bandit. Have no idea what the last one could be (have both the side girl's scenes).

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That was exactly it, thank you very much. Now I'm just missing one scene. Have the guy who cures your poison in the dungeon in exchange for groping, the goblin, the blacksmith, and the bandit. Have no idea what the last one could be (have both the side girl's scenes).
in Japanese. Ironically the pictures pulled by the OP are from that very same website.

TitanMeteor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The female character designs are getting me hyped, the body shapes are the kind I like.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Another update from the author:

It seems like the game will be delayed for another month, but no later than that. Although, he admits that might be an optimistic estimate.

Apparently, he was surprised and overjoyed by the amount of positive comments that started coming in when he released the trial in March. It helped keep him motivated and he was making really good progress on the game. However, that changed quickly in April when the negative comments started rolling in. He then lost his motivation and wasn't able to find it again until now.

I don't understand the animosity people have for these developers. They're often working on their spare time before or after work. This specific developer seems to be working by himself too; not to mention that this is his first game. I can understand constructive criticism, but the comments came off extremely vitriolic. In this specific situation, more positive reinforcement could've gone a long way. Maybe the game would've been out by now.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It seems like the game will be delayed for another month, but no later than that. Although, he admits that might be an optimistic estimate.

Apparently, he was surprised and overjoyed by the amount of positive comments that started coming in when he released the trial in March. It helped keep him motivated and he was making really good progress on the game. However, that changed quickly in April when the negative comments started rolling in. He then lost his motivation and wasn't able to find it again until now.

I don't understand the animosity people have for these developers. They're often working on their spare time before or after work. This specific developer seems to be working by himself too; not to mention that this is his first game. I can understand constructive criticism, but the comments came off extremely vitriolic. In this specific situation, more positive reinforcement could've gone a long way. Maybe the game would've been out by now.
Why the negativity though? I saw nothing to hate about the game.

Some people are just mean.

Keret

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haters gonna hate. Though I'm really waiting this one game.

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't understand some people, who takes it to heart what internet say's, one should consider that he is doing something wrong, is when like almost every one say shitty things about whatever you are doing, but there will always be trolls and some one who thinks differently, either author is very immature, or he is using this as scapegoat to justify for missing deadlines or lack of motivation to work.

Reputation score

I don't understand some people, who takes it to heart what internet say's, one should consider that he is doing something wrong, is when like almost every one say shitty things about whatever you are doing, but there will always be trolls and some one who thinks differently, either author is very immature, or he is using this as scapegoat to justify for missing deadlines or lack of motivation to work.
Artists are always seeking validation for their work but after a while you'd think they would just ignore the people that don't like what they are doing.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

To be fair to the author, he has only worked on CG sets up to this point, so I don't think he's used to the harsh criticism that comes from game development. He was ecstatic that his game had gotten so much attention and was one of the more favorited games on dlsite. He probably didn't realize that with that much attention also comes a lot of backlash.

I could see things going either way. He could grow thicker skin, or the commentors could be less dickish. Although, the former would be a lot easier than the latter. Regardless, the mean comments are counterproductive as most of those people probably wanted to be playing the game by now.

There was one person that had suggested that there are some jealous authors that post cruel comments on their competitors' blogs in order to discourage them. Is there any credence to this claim?