Apologies for the downtime

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008
Hi guys

I've been adding my game development blog to the same VPS and have managed to fuck up the server somehow. It has completely the wrong configuration when starting up which means it took me ages to even get ssh back and then start up apache. If anyone is very experienced with linux web development and wants to help me fix what services startup on boot, then please do PM me.

The forum will likely die again if the VPS reboots itself for whatever reason (usually because it exceeds its paid RAM allocation). However I've now backed up the entire forum so we don't need to worry about losing anything posted / uploaded as of me posting this announcement.

I've made a twitter to keep you updated of what's going one when the forum goes down. Follow or bookmark it at https://twitter.com/AikaMcSlut.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 2, 2008
Re: Apologies for the downtime

I'm willing to help you try and straighten out things server side.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Nov 10, 2008

Oh my God, I'm your first follower. Also, tell us more about this game!

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
Jan 1, 2009

TELL HIM NOTHING, HE IS AN EVIL BITCH THAT WILL STEAL YOUR SOURCE MATERIAL AND COPYRIGHT THAT SHIT FOR SICK CASH.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008

It's a text adventure TF roguelike focused on sissification and/or bimbofication (depending on your gender selection) and body expansion, but with a whole host of other fetishes you can enable or disable.

It's extremely new user unfriendly at the moment but anyone who perseveres seems to fall in love with it and it's a massive timesink :p I started up a patreon less than 2 months ago and it's already at nearly $500.

But yeah if you wait a few months I plan to make a huge push towards making it more new user friendly.

If you do try it now please do make a list of all the commands you tried that didn't work and send it to me! It would massively help me improve the game experience.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 31, 2012

I thought everyone on ULMF knew about Trap Quest, or at least most of the folks that are regularly on knew about it anyway. I love it myself, fun as hell, especially with the newer updates that give you the map to make it easier to navigate. One thing I'd love to see implemented myself is hotlinks like how Flexible Survival has, that way it's easier to move stuff along if I'm trying to fap while playing it. :p

Nov 10, 2008

There. Following. Give I despise Twitter for the most part, congratulations on getting me to do something outside of a contest.

Try to keep things up and running, a'ite, Bossman?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 9, 2008

Update: I'm purchasing a dedicated server with 8 times as much RAM as I was allocated on my VPS. Hopefully this will solve many of our issues.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 31, 2012

Oh gosh dude. I... hope that doesn't cost a whole lot. Would hate to cause you troubles just for that much.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
Jan 1, 2009

Better buy his game then. March your ass over to his patreon.