What's new

ACT Abandoned ******

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
This is really amazing. Love the animations, the struggle mechanics and the difficulty which I feel hits that sweet spot. Though I can see why some people who may not have grown up with platforming games like megaman and the like would take issues with it. Maybe a difficulty setting where enemies deal less damage would help them out.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
i feel like everything hits waaay to hard and having to restart at the very beginning is just unfair, there are also parts with 3 slimes shooting from all directions that feel way to hard.
the lack of save makes me not want to see the animations of the girls because you can only take like 3 hits before you have to restart the entire level from the beginning
other than that and i have only seen the slime animation, it does look realy nice, but in my opinion the slime animation could be a little longer

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This project definitely has potential, small criticisms aside I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's definitely something I can see myself supporting in the future.

OP
Arakokra

Arakokra

Reputation score
The 010819 update is officially released early for Patrons, with the free public release set for a week later on 080819
It's been a busy two weeks, but I managed to get everything I planned to have in, earlier than expected.

Major Mechanics:
SP Restoration
- After speaking with the Kodramaten shop NPC you will be able to restore SP off of defeated enemies, which includes a new H-Animation
Currently only implemented on one enemy, the slime-loli.
★Note: This means that SP no longer auto-restores from 0 up to 1! The auto restore mechanic is removed!
HP Potions - Hit E to recover 3HP if a potion is available
Chests - Scattered around the levels are chests which will contain useful items such as potions or coin
NPC & Shop menu - At the end of the demo there is an NPC shop. Currently it exists to highlight the text system and size difference planned for full size, adult female enemies compared to the current smaller, easier enemies
Saving - There is now a check-point at the end of the demo.
Level ups - Added XP bar and leveling. Upon level receive a permanent +1 boost to maximum HP and SP.
Languages - fully updated in both English and Japanese

Minor additions and bug fixes:
Sound volume increase, many complaints of audio being too low.
Double-jump height increased to allow higher jumps
Starting HP increased by 1
Goblin Spear Girl - Fixed to no longer hit you on blocks of different elevation Meant to say 'They wont begin an attack when when they are on a block of lower elevation and you are just standing on a block higher than theirs'. If they begin the charge animation they will still commit to it
Hitting jump and attack at exactly the same frame caused an animation issue. This has been fixed.

Comments always welcome here, by email, or just dropping by in discord to talk directly.

Last edited:

cell943

Reputation score
Wow, I'm genuinely impressed that you managed to address all of your users' main complaints. You are demonstrating some serious skills lacking in the sea of h-games: active listening and serious follow through. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll be very successful.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Damn, this is a really big update...
If everything works as intended, this should clear up any complaints people had.

Well then. I just need to be patient and wait out the next update, then I can have revenge on that goblin girl for stabbing my toes.

OP
Arakokra

Arakokra

Reputation score
Thank you. I have zero interest in being a garbage man that churns out trash for a quick buck and really want this to be something great. Listening to your (more reasonable) players is always step number one.
For that, you're really going to have to wait for the August (010919) release
Just finished implementing it today, and will 100% be in next months release at latest.

Last edited:
OP
Arakokra

Arakokra

Reputation score
The 010819 version is now public and can be downloaded on my site where I added things such as saving, npc, shop, potions, etc.

The next update is planned for 010919. Big additions planned are new rooms, platforms you can jump and fall through which should make levels easier to read and more fun to navigate, new animations, and hopefully a new enemy.
Thank you to those keeping track!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
So far so good, everything is working as intended and I don't seem to be able to find any bugs.
It feels much better with chests in the out of the way areas, gives me more incentive to explore rather than just walk to the end!

One thing that surprised me is there's no "finishing" animation for the scribe on slime girl scene. Is there a button I'm supposed to press for that, or is it just not added in?

OP
Arakokra

Arakokra

Reputation score
So far so good, everything is working as intended and I don't seem to be able to find any bugs.
It feels much better with chests in the out of the way areas, gives me more incentive to explore rather than just walk to the end!

One thing that surprised me is there's no "finishing" animation for the scribe on slime girl scene. Is there a button I'm supposed to press for that, or is it just not added in?
No button, it's not implemented yet. Hopefully that doesn't disappoint too many, only so much animation can be made in a short time haha. Just A or Enter to exit the sequence. I still have to figure out exactly how I plan to do the SP restore sequence. I've got something in mind, and will likely try to bring it in on the next update, so you don't just have infinite SP gen from knocking over a single enemy.

Last edited: