Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
The statue of Marilyn:

Aaaaaaannnd.... PANTSU!

Cerneu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
No, I brought it up because there is/was literally a statue of that Marilyn Monroe shot in Chicago, her underwear fully exposed (not sure if it's still up). Not to mention, that shot is available for purchase on souvenirs in many gift shops where families frequent. It had nothing to do with when the scene occurred or the context. I'm talking about the image itself, and that image of her skirt up and underwear exposed is readily available for people of all ages to see. Doesn't seem that ridiculous of a comparison to me.

Forever Marilyn, the 26-foot bronze statue of Marilyn Monroe on North Michigan Avenue, was defaced Tuesday by an act of vandalism.

Again.

The incident, reported at 4 a.m., marks the third time since Aug. 27 that artist J. Seward Johnson Jr.'s tribute has been vandalized, according to a Chicago Police spokeswoman. This time, red paint was splashed down her right leg and onto the base of the statue.

It seems there's something about Marilyn. Would the problem be as frequent if it were a 26-foot sculpture of, say, Lucille Ball?
"In our society, we have little room for sexually expressive images," said Jon Pounds, executive director of the Chicago Public Arts Group. Pounds suggested that while there is typically an unwritten social contract that protects public art, the vandalism of Marilyn is a reaction to her provocativeness.
"The social contract doesn't work, because it is itself laden with political meaning, and provocative meaning and sexual meaning," Pounds said.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Forever Marilyn, the 26-foot bronze statue of Marilyn Monroe on North Michigan Avenue, was defaced Tuesday by an act of vandalism.

Again.

The incident, reported at 4 a.m., marks the third time since Aug. 27 that artist J. Seward Johnson Jr.'s tribute has been vandalized, according to a Chicago Police spokeswoman. This time, red paint was splashed down her right leg and onto the base of the statue.

It seems there's something about Marilyn. Would the problem be as frequent if it were a 26-foot sculpture of, say, Lucille Ball?
"In our society, we have little room for sexually expressive images," said Jon Pounds, executive director of the Chicago Public Arts Group. Pounds suggested that while there is typically an unwritten social contract that protects public art, the vandalism of Marilyn is a reaction to her provocativeness.
"The social contract doesn't work, because it is itself laden with political meaning, and provocative meaning and sexual meaning," Pounds said.
This doesn't refute his point that it's readily available for everyone to view, or purchase an image of in souvenir shops. Seems like you're moving goalposts here.
There isn't that much to argue.

But this is the sort of discussion I've grown to expect from this thread.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Eh, until there is something new to play, not much to discuss beyond bickering. I will note, that I think the discussion is moot, because the image I was complaining out being too "mature" does not appear to be a problem in first place. I still have not heard back from Patreon, but in looking at two other pages that have come back online in the past week after changes, more explicit artwork remained. I'll let people know when I know for sure, plus concrete information might be helpful to any other aspiring creators out there.

I'll also update the first page and provide a link to a Trello board with details on remaining tasks until the next release when I'm able to post again. Thanks to those of you who somehow haven't given up on me, and hopefully I can win back some of the people who did with a few actual, timely updates. Either way, it will be satisfying to prove all the haters wrong.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yes, here is a Trello link for what still needs to be done for the next full release. I will be creating new boards for each release and using that as a guide instead of my feeble attempts to create release dates.

Link:

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, here is a Trello link for what still needs to be done for the next full release. I will be creating new boards for each release and using that as a guide instead of my feeble attempts to create release dates.

Link:
Will you end up needing to scrap a lot of planned content because of Patreon?

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Check patreon? It should be public and linked on first page.

The Trello boards are coming along pretty quickly btw, might not be too too long before chapter 1 is out.
*swiftly derails and sets on fire hype train before it can begin* -_-

Nice idea with the Trello system anyway, YT

Banshee96

Reputation score
Check patreon? It should be public and linked on first page.
Not there. Taken down cuz Patreon's regulations I assume (with the indication that there were links there), but thanks for the suggestion.

...W-would it be rude to suggest posting the demo zip on the thread itself?

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Not there. Taken down cuz Patreon's regulations I assume (with the indication that there were links there), but thanks for the suggestion.

...W-would it be rude to suggest posting the demo zip on the thread itself?
i would recommend waiting for the actual first Chapter release that will hopefully happen soonish, since the demo is pretty dated now, and really short on top of that.

Tho you should know that you may have to wait for a while.

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The Trello boards are coming along pretty quickly btw, might not be too too long before chapter 1 is out.
lol, thanks for the chuckle. I swear i read almost the exact line for the first time about two years ago and then several times afterwards. Needless to say, every time some cosmic cataclysm hindered the release of the fabled Chapter 1. Basically, dont get your hopes up :)

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Because your incredibly overused reply about how long chapter 1 is taking is definitely helping. I get the frustration, but do you and everyone else really HAVE to make an attempt to start a derailing flame war every time this thread is necro'd? It's about as annoying, if not even more so, as having to wait for the chapter itself. It's also incredibly petty for that matter. The fact that this thread has been locked several times already is pretty telling of the silliness that ALWAYS ensues when this thread is revived.

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wtf are you talking about? My post is absolutely relevant to the current state of this project while you are just trying to start a flame war. This whole thing started in December 2014 and we still only have a short prologue with no h-content. Every now and then YT will come up with new ideas and announcements but in the end its all talk with no real progress. This type of bullshit should be mocked not encouraged.

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Not the worst since she's more of a sex icon and cultural icon. It's like seeing Betty Boop or Leonardo Dicaprio naked.
And it really shouldn't be mocked. In all likeliness, the best thing to do is ignore it, and it will go away. Trying to engage it can just make things worse. That and people keep turning up the hype by themselves. From the get-go, it was pretty clear that the game isn't going to get anywhere until the developer decides to put some time into it.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeaaaa time to stop before this gets locked again, no hype train either hey

And actually might not be too long, in the sense of how long this game has taken anyway; when YT posted the Trello first there was around seven untouched+more started tasks, and now only one unstarted, with four left in progress. Let's just wait and see, eh.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It's coming along, and Trello shows more than I could do trying to come up with meaningless percentages and estimates. It'll be done when it's done, nobody will be charged until then.

"This whole thing started in December 2014 and we still only have a short prologue with no h-content."

Since YTGaming began in 2014, there has been a complete translation released with multiple scenes and 3 new additions to artwork. There was a release in August 2015, August 2017, and December 2017. There have been over 20 pieces of artwork released on Patreon during this time, and other miscellaneous goodies. I'd love to go back and redo things better, but I can't. I'm more than willing to admit my faults, but your comment is a bit disingenuous and truly pointless. Anyone can see from this thread that the game has been delayed many times over.

Thank you for your patience.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Coming January 2019 the story finally continues and a goblin finally loses blueball status.

• 12 Full scenes (ranging from embarrassed exposure to sex)
  • Over 100 pieces of artwork (this includes minor artwork like menu items)
  • New maps to explore
  • Higher resolution (1152 x 648)
  • Over 5 hours of gameplay (if you don't make love to the message skip key)
  • Custom, kickass music
It's not 4 years of work, I'll never live up to that, but it should be something fun to play. I understand if you don't believe there will be a release, but please let's keep the thread clean of unnecessary arguments. If I don't release it, you can tell me so. Thank you, and I look forward to moving this project ahead!