What's new

ACT [Azurezero] Yuki's Tale (RJ240852)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
1544942770758.png

It's Out

Dlsite:
Itchio: 10usd - releasing 20th december 2018 at latest.
Latest demo can be found here ^

Trailer:

Yuki's Tale is a simple lewd metroidvania. Find keys and accquire new abilities to progress through the dungeon.

Story:
Yuki is a simple girl with a simple wish, to explore the world.
Unfortunately, this is taboo in the village she lives in. Her mother fearing for Yuki, helps her escape into the dungeon below her village, lest she be brought down there in chains instead.
Now Yuki must fight her way to freedom and uncover the dark truths the village leaders keep hidden below.

Controls:
Arrow Keys to Move
X to Jump
Z to roll (dodge roll required)
C to shoot
V to use missles (frost spear)

Features
Controller support (xbox pads work fine)
11 lewd pixel animations (some with game over versions)
2 live2d game over animations.
typical struggle system (mash left and right when fucked by enemies to escape)

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
"Lewd"
If they don't hold hands, this isn't a proper lewd game by any means
They look adorable

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
"Lewd"
If they don't hold hands, this isn't a proper lewd game by any means
They look adorable
like goblin slayer the handholding is properly censored by shadows.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I guess I'm releasing now since dlsite released it in under a day! the hell, i've gotten used to them dawdling for a week at least.

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The demo crashes when attempting to play it full screen (alt enter)

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_lighting:

Trying to use non-existing surface.
at gml_Object_obj_lighting_Draw_0
############################################################################################

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_lighting:

Trying to use non-existing surface.
at gml_Object_obj_lighting_Draw_0
that'sreally odd, I can full screen just fine. and obj lighting only does anything if you hit 1 to enable dark mode
1545033149958.png

i wonder if its a direct x 9 issue. future fragments used to have shader issues because dx9 was missing, thats all i can think of.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
did anyone get this error yet? im waiting to hear where it occurs

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
It's already on share on AS -_- so much for inciting the community to support dev...

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Some big problems with this game.

It's not very fun to play. The world is large and uninteresting to navigate. The player moves slowly (at least until getting the dodge roll), and there are massive spaces between checkpoints, and branching paths make this problem far, far worse than it needs to be. If you make the wrong decision about which direction to move, you might miss a checkpoint, meaning you're pretty much fucked.

The boss fight that I got to was frustrating and luck based. Having the boss be out of attack range for most of the fight was really annoying. The projectiles fade into the background and become impossible to see, the room is large, which is fine on its own, but you have a boss shooting invisible projectiles off screen, which funnily enough doesn't make it that much harder, because the boss doesn't telegraph its attacks anyway, it does the same glow each time. Not putting the save point right in front of the boss just made it a little bit more annoying than it needed to be too. The boss also does 12.5 damage each shot but kills you if you have 19 health left, which is odd and frustrating.

Worst of all, the game doesn't realize why people are playing it. We play these games to see the animations, this game actively discourages you from watching, because you instantly die if you watch for too long, save points being too far apart discourages you from wanting to experiment with dying to enemies. There are a bunch of traps which kill you without an animation, which is fine, I guess. But frustrating when you die to them and don't even get the consolation prize of getting to see an animation that you died to.

I didn't finish this game, I lost a lot of progress shortly after the first boss and honestly I can't be bothered to go back through to get back to where I was.

If i'm trying to be constructive, add more unmissable save points, remove the instakill from enemies and the health loss from watching animations, just make it do a flat amount of damage for the grapple. Make the bosses projectiles more visible, give her a different telegraph for different moves, make sure she can't go out of range of the player's shots for too long, and give the player the dodge roll from the outset.

Sorry to be so harsh. I like your other work but not a big fan of this one

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
It's already on share on AS -_- so much for inciting the community to support dev...
Lol? Just because the dev is from this forum doesn't mean people won't pirate it. Why even bring it up, just enjoy it and if you can buy it, YOU can support the dev by buying it

As for the game, I didn't play the full game, just the demo. Your spritework has improved a lot, but unfortunately the gameplay doesn't hold up for me. And the price is a bit... Steep (for me)

But I'm glad it's selling well, hopefully you'll make more action games

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's not very fun to play. The world is large and uninteresting to navigate. The player moves slowly (at least until getting the dodge roll), and there are massive spaces between checkpoints, and branching paths make this problem far, far worse than it needs to be. If you make the wrong decision about which direction to move, you might miss a checkpoint, meaning you're pretty much fucked.

The boss fight that I got to was frustrating and luck based. Having the boss be out of attack range for most of the fight was really annoying. The projectiles fade into the background and become impossible to see, the room is large, which is fine on its own, but you have a boss shooting invisible projectiles off screen, which funnily enough doesn't make it that much harder, because the boss doesn't telegraph its attacks anyway, it does the same glow each time. Not putting the save point right in front of the boss just made it a little bit more annoying than it needed to be too. The boss also does 12.5 damage each shot but kills you if you have 19 health left, which is odd and frustrating.

Worst of all, the game doesn't realize why people are playing it. We play these games to see the animations, this game actively discourages you from watching, because you instantly die if you watch for too long, save points being too far apart discourages you from wanting to experiment with dying to enemies. There are a bunch of traps which kill you without an animation, which is fine, I guess. But frustrating when you die to them and don't even get the consolation prize of getting to see an animation that you died to.

I didn't finish this game, I lost a lot of progress shortly after the first boss and honestly I can't be bothered to go back through to get back to where I was.

If i'm trying to be constructive, add more unmissable save points, remove the instakill from enemies and the health loss from watching animations, just make it do a flat amount of damage for the grapple. Make the bosses projectiles more visible, give her a different telegraph for different moves, make sure she can't go out of range of the player's shots for too long, and give the player the dodge roll from the outset.

That's fine, my only issues with what you said were the checkpoints and grapple damage. i've played games with no grapple damage and they bored me (even eroico) as hgames.
the thing with checkpoints is even that it's already possible to nuke everything between most checkpoints with missles. which meant it was hard for me to want to add more savepoints without messing up the balance.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I reccomend people wait a month to buy it on dlsite, as the price is too high (they wont let me change it for a month)

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

to add this, its getting hard later
the save point is on 1 way room, to reach that u must pass some wall spike thing, yes i know its easy to pass but if i get hit/make mistake to get out save room then i gonna repeat that again (bcause there is no health pot, and that regen thing from enemy is pure RNG ._. )

and the wall puzzle is... something
sorry im too didnt finish it (stuck at to reach the yellow key/gem after defeat the plant/after im get double jump) spend 30 min for just figurin out how to reach it and if im try it im died bcause get hit by wall spike and the save room is faaaaar away ._.

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
to add this, its getting hard later
the save point is on 1 way room, to reach that u must pass some wall spike thing, yes i know its easy to pass but if i get hit/make mistake to get out save room then i gonna repeat that again (bcause there is no health pot, and that regen thing from enemy is pure RNG ._. )

and the wall puzzle is... something
sorry im too didnt finish it (stuck at to reach the yellow key/gem after defeat the plant/after im get double jump) spend 30 min for just figurin out how to reach it and if im try it im died bcause get hit by wall spike and the save room is faaaaar away ._.
ah i have a gif for this exact situation at least
ah... mp4

maliman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll probs buy this one if it has a gallery, and someone posts a save... I just don't have time for the game part of most h-games anymore.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'll probs buy this one if it has a gallery, and someone posts a save... I just don't have time for the game part of most h-games anymore.
someone will undoubtedly upload a video with all the animations at some point.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score
can anyone tell me what to do with the triangular key ?? after i got it i have no idea where to use it and i am pretty sure i already moved in all places <.<... seriously does this game have a map? i really need it-...

NEVERMIND.... gods sake.. 1 extremely hidden confusing path wish hard to see <.<