What's new

ACT [Acid Style] BARRAGE! (RJ145229)

SpiritShard

Reputation score
Re: [酸遁] BARRAGE!

Am I stupid or what? I turned it on for sure it says Ghost Mode enabled and its red. Im on Easy. When i launch the first mission nothing is changed though. my soldier allies shoot all the time, and i definitly dont have unlimited health. if there a button or soemthing to turn it on after its enabled?
For ghost mode to work you have to beat the level at least once on any difficulty. I use to have a .CT for cheat engine that enabled it on any difficulty but I think I lost it. X.x (Can build a quick tutorial if it interests you tho)

EDIT : Posting tutorial, thought someone may find this and be curious so here we go. It's a bit long-winded but I tried to be as descriptive as possible. I also can't post images yet so please excuse the excessive img links (I'll probably fix it later when I can post images). Also don't know the spoiler code so hopefully what I 'think' is right works...

Full image gallery (instructions included) - imgur.com/a/vpcg1

Full text / Image combo
Barrage! - Hacked Ghost Mode

What this does :
This method allows you to have "Ghost Mode" (where the character is 'invincible' and can be raped at all times) on any difficulty at all times. Just like normal Ghost Mode you can still sometimes die when hit by multiple big explosions in a single frame, however these occurrences are pretty rare if you set Cheat Engine to update often enough.

How it works :
Ghost Mode is a simple bool switch in the code which gives the player maximum health, disallows the character from switching 'health states', and removes the character's health cap. Since this bool can't be easily captured (and changes between play sessions) we're going to eliminate code and freeze values to emulate the effect.

This Requires :
Barrage! game (I used 2.4, couldn't be bothered to check for an update)
Cheat Engine 6.0+ (I used 6.4 portable, ditto on update laziness)

Step 1 : Let's set up basics and get everything hooked
- Start Cheat Engine
- Start Barrage!
- Hook Barrage! process in Cheat Engine

i.imgur.com/a4xisRL.png

Step 2 : Now to get the character's health variable. This variable changes between saves so you'll need to capture this every time you start a new session
- Load into your game (I used a new game as a 'proof of concept' but any save should work)
- While in the HQ (where the game starts up) make sure Ghost Mode is off then look at your character's Health. This should be 540.
- In Cheat Engine change "Scan Type" to "Exact Value" and "Value Type" to "4 Bytes"
- Since Barrage! stores health as a straight int variable type "540" for the Value box and hit the "First Scan" button.

i.imgur.com/Z4OEcos.png

Step 3 : This list is a little too long to work with so let
s shorten it.
in Barrage! load into any level and take some damage, type that new value into Cheat Engine Value Box and hit "Next Scan". If you're left with 2 values in cheat engine then double click the second value in the list, adding it to the list at the bottom, otherwise take damage and repeat until you do.

i.imgur.com/3N4hBMi.png

Step 4 : Now that we have our health value we can find the "player health state" code.
- Click "New Scan" in cheat engine just for performance sake
- Right click on the value we put down below (the player health variable) and select "Find out what accesses this address"

i.imgur.com/eIOIGwP.png

- You'll be asked to attach the debugger, hit yes and continue. A windows like this should show up

i.imgur.com/tctr9AZ.png

Step 5 : Now we want the player status update which is called every frame
- Click back to Barrage! and let the game run a few seconds, then click back to the window we opened before.
- The value we are looking for will have the largest count since it is called multiple times in multiple frames (in my version it was also at the bottom, however this could be different on different systems)
- Right Click this value and select "Add to codelist" and name it whatever you want (I'm leaving mine as the default Hex Region). This will pop-up a new window. (this window can also be accessed by selecting the "Advanced Options" button at the bottom of cheat engine)

i.imgur.com/VgJ3PXC.png

Step 6 : Now will kill it with a 'nop' hex edit
- For performance sake click "Stop" then "close" in the previous window so we're no longer searching for values
- In the newest window right click the code we added to the list and select "Replace with code that does nothing" which will effectively remove player state checking and for it to default (which is rape-able)
- NOTE : This will alter your in-game health display, don't worry about this as you won't need it when we're done anyways.

i.imgur.com/fKRUdH6.png

Step 7 : Now 'technically' you can set your player's health to 540 and lock it to get a decent effect, however you can still die from explosions so lets remove the player health cap
- Back to the normal Cheat Engine window and right click the player health value we captured early on and select "Find out what writes to this address". We'll get a window like you've seen before.

i.imgur.com/47HjpFe.png

Step 8 : Now to find the cap, to do so we need to 'ignore' the normal health write code and only find the 'health normalize' code that sets health to 540 when above it
- Set your character health to 500 (do this by double clicking the value we captured and typing in "500" then enter)
- In Barrage! take some damage, which will then set a captured write code to the newest window. This is the normal health write code we need to ignore.
- Now in Cheat Engine set your player health variable above 540 (I'm using 666 for giggles)
- Take another hit and we should have another write code added to the list, right click this new value, which will have the lowest count, and select "Add to codelist". For performance sake select "Stop" and "Close" in this window
as well so we're not searching for values.

i.imgur.com/ZNOT4my.png

Step 9 : Final Step!
- Now in your codelist you should have 2 codes, right click the new one we just added (which shouldn't be red) and select "Replace with code that does nothing" liek we did for the other one.
- Now set your player health value to absolute max and lock it (type in 10 9s and you should have max [9999999999])

i.imgur.com/chHH9xG.png

and now you're done! Save your Cheat table by clicking either the floppy or by going to "File" and "Save As.." Next time you want to play with this enabled you'll just have to load the cheat table by either clicking the folder or going to "File" and "Load", find your player health value (540 when you start the game) and set it to max while locking it, then replace the codes in your list by right clicking and selecting "Replace with code that does nothing". Enjoy!

Last edited:

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

wow thanks for all that. Another solution might be finding a full save with the levels cleared then running it in ghost mode yes? I might try that first

captain garlock

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I apologise for the nekro, but would it be possible for someone to share the latest english version? Most mega links are down.

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there a patch or something to make it English, even if it is bad English? I have the game and don't want to have to pay for it again to get the English one.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there a patch or something to make it English, even if it is bad English? I have the game and don't want to have to pay for it again to get the English one.
There is an official English version. With full save. You can delete it if you do not want it.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Is this studio up to anything else after that magic witch game?

Utgardoutcast

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i have problem with sounds
I had the same problem. Luckily, there's a zipped file named RE145229 in the game folder, and it contains a clean copy of the same game, complete with working sound. Transfer your save file from user_data, and you're good.

(This is assuming you downloaded from Jab's post. I dunno about Mr. Pervy's post, but I assume it does as well.)

Also, great game. Love this game. Love it even more now that I can understand what's going on.

unholynur

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anybody have a link to the Japanese version? Props to people who posted the English version. I'm looking for non translated though. All the links I've found on various sites are down.

jackbob24

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Great game, but there are a few things I can't get my head around.

• How does one unlock the still image CGs? I know the game has them, but I can't seem to trigger them. In other games they can usually be triggered by not continuing, but this game sorta auto continues I guess.
  • Also, I'm missing the weapon from the first extra stage (the one where you cooperate with the sniper girl). I've looked everywhere (I even found a friggin' chopper) but I can't find it. Where is it?
Anybody have a link to the Japanese version? Props to people who posted the English version. I'm looking for non translated though. All the links I've found on various sites are down.
Here you go. Without full save tho. Déjà vu.

unholynur

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great game, but there are a few things I can't get my head around.

• How does one unlock the still image CGs? I know the game has them, but I can't seem to trigger them. In other games they can usually be triggered by not continuing, but this game sorta auto continues I guess.
  • Also, I'm missing the weapon from the first extra stage (the one where you cooperate with the sniper girl). I've looked everywhere (I even found a friggin' chopper) but I can't find it. Where is it?

Here you go. Without full save tho. Déjà vu.
Props to you. Thank you.

IIRC the cgs are unlocked doing inferno difficulty.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry for necro, but anyone still have the game? Preferably with complete save file :)

Edit: NVM, the link on previous page still works, for some reason it just didn't load before.

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for necro, but anyone still have the game? Preferably with complete save file :)

Edit: NVM, the link on previous page still works, for some reason it just didn't load before.
did you stil want the game?
i dont have a save file shamefully