What's new

"Big News for Kimochi & Nutaku"

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey everyone dunno if you saw this already but looks like Kimochi won't die at all.
They're joining forces with (or being absorved by) Nutaku...

:D

pristinity

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: "Big News for Kimochi & Nutaku"

Interesting move. Nutaku is already under some financial scrutiny after three game closures and the recent FKG fiasco. I'm not sure what picking up a failed platform does for them.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Interesting move. Nutaku is already under some financial scrutiny after three game closures and the recent FKG fiasco. I'm not sure what picking up a failed platform does for them.
game closures?

pristinity

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lord of Valkyrie is gone. Duel Squad and Dragon Tactics: Memories are ending next week.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not sure how to break this to Nutaku, but they might wanna update their screenshots since Breeding Season is dead and all.

Damascus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is truly great news! Kimochi was an excellent idea to get more H-games into the hands of Westerners, but was poorly implemented and did not gain enough revenue to continue. Perhaps with Nutaku's worldwide popularity Michael can once again get Kimochi up and running!

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm not sure how to break this to Nutaku, but they might wanna update their screenshots since Breeding Season is dead and all.

Just read up on that sad situation. Our hearts go out to those guys, it was a great project but got S-eriously fucked over.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Wow! Kimochi revive :eek:
This is a great news.

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lord of Valkyrie is gone. Duel Squad and Dragon Tactics: Memories are ending next week.
I can't speak for LoV but DS and DT are getting closed because DMM decided to do this, not Nutaku. They wanted to keep the games going but DMM makes the final decision.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i stopped playing FKG early on due to rarity whore gatcha. what was the recent fiasco?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i stopped playing FKG early on due to rarity whore gatcha. what was the recent fiasco?
They announced at the start of the current event that DMM devs said winners of the popularity contest would get a wedding version if there wasn't already one. Then during 2nd half they said that it's not happening.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

LOL never trust DMM words when it comes to the nutaku side of their business.

pristinity

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Online games close all the time, nothing is eternal.
Yes, but they don't close so early unless they're bleeding money. Duel Squad didn't even last six months.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Am I the only 1 not too thrilled about having to play browser games through the new Kimochi-Nutaku-launcher-thingy ? Unless it's purely optional and I can still enjoy my waifus inside Firefox :confused:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes, but they don't close so early unless they're bleeding money. Duel Squad didn't even last six months.
It could be worse, you could have a dozen mangas that is suffering a hiatus because publisher is unhappy they wasn't raking in billions of dollars from them.

And online games =/= permanency. It must make enough money or close early. Or any other reasons. Even when the reason is devs got tired of doing extra work so they shut it down like sword girls.

Yes, i know it means there is a day where nutaku closes it's shutters in the future. And all the hardwon impossible to get girls that people spend hundreds of dollars for is deleted forever. :3

(one of reasons why i disregard rarity, rarity is worthless when its not available or can be taken away at any time.)

I give no fucks over so called rarity value when the item in question can be reproduced. an Super rare is same as common to me. Its just fake rarity. What I care is art and preferred genres is present on the card, girl, etc.

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The DMM DS devs had no intention of keeping the Eng version running for very long. It was just a matter of time, the exact date didn't matter.

Also Duel Squad will have lasted nearly exactly six months when it closes, almost to the day. Which kind of suggests to me that the devs only wanted that amount of time anyway. A quick pump and dump.

KrimsonXG

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The DMM DS devs had no intention of keeping the Eng version running for very long. It was just a matter of time, the exact date didn't matter.

Also Duel Squad will have lasted nearly exactly six months when it closes, almost to the day. Which kind of suggests to me that the devs only wanted that amount of time anyway. A quick pump and dump.
I agree, I honestly still play the ones from DMM because I've already spent enough time there and starting over just wasn't something I wanted.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nutaku side are just b8 to make some few people go over to DMM instead >.>
Nice strats from DMM~ lol <.<

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think Nutaku is doing well, there is some advertisments on several sides,
and of course some games are closing.
Thats about European tastes and playstyle we do, not every game interests us such as it would be in the asian region.
Joining forces with kimochi could be a good idea, but at the moment they lack like blockbuster games.
Translated Games from Alicesoft, Eshully and so on, and more important, multiplayer games.