What's new

Brothers on a Grim Holiday (Smokefish and CourageWolf)

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Brothers on a Grim Holiday (Smokefish and CourageWolf)

Emeron grimaced slightly as Alenya spoke of praying pre-emptively. But from the looks of it such would be unecessary; his brother had soon recieved a drink from, and shared it with, the orcish woman he had armwrestled with. That was a good enough sign for Emeron that things might just go well enough to not require him taking action. Not a lot of it anyways. The Bearman slouched back in his seat and moved a hand onto the table. He made a little circular motion with a finger, followed by a small pattern within it, and finished by placing his palm upon it; a simple cantrip woven, a small area of the tavern marked by his magic. A few feet around his table. If the brunette waitress returned and entered that area, a soft melody of birdsong would emanate to inform him of it.

And next he withdrew his arm and crossed it over his chest, eyes closing, as he weaved another simple spell. A spell that would allow him to hear as if at another location, to let him listen in on his brothers conversation with the orcish woman. Emeron prefered to be aware of what his brother was up to, and what Syran might hear from the Orcs, whether it was information or trouble in store for his sometimes reckless brother. And the first spell he had cast would ensure he wouldn't miss out on his meals arrival. Or the woman that might bring it to him.

First Spell is Alarm, either fluffed as specificly triggering from the waitress coming within a few feet of the Brothers table, or that everyone ever except for her is exempt from triggering it, whichever works. And I'm kinda hopeful I can decide what kind of alarm sound it is, otherwise contact me so I can completely redo this post. <_>

Second spell is Eavesdrop @ Syran/Savarra's table.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Brothers on a Grim Holiday (Smokefish and CourageWold)

Emeron: HP = 61, PP = 53, EP = 58, Status = Fine
Syran: HP = 54, PP = 39, EP = 39, Status = Fine

NPC Stats
Alenya: PP = 29, EP = 67, Status = Fine, Hidden within Emeron

Emeron’s spellwork was accomplished in short order, ensuring that any approach by the waitress would notify him immediately and requiring only an image of her in his head and a memory of the sound that he wished to play in order to accomplish exactly what he liked. Next came a bit of magic that required a tiny bit more concentration, but would allow him to overhear the next portion of the conversation between his brother and the fiery haired orc woman that had just bested him in a contest of strength.

Savarra quirked an eyebrow at Syran’s opening statement, and a brief look of sympathy crossed her features before they hardened again upon his admission of intent. A few of her companions looked somewhat displeased with his admission, some more so than the woman to whom he was speaking, but no one was reaching for any weapons. Not yet.

I have known a few orcs matching that description,” Savarra admitted calmly, “some have giant or demon blood in their ancestry, and others like Korgoth the Wretched are simply overgrown. I cannot say with only that description which precisely it might be in particular - besides not Korgoth - but you have a tough fight ahead of you regardless. The raiding pattern sounds more like clanless than what might be expected from warriors of the clans, but with how chaotic this war has been so far I can’t say that with any certainty. You might not win many friends admitting that to my kin, but most will respect the sentiment enough that you shouldn’t see any interference from most of us. Besides, if a warband able to bring down your entire tribe loses to you alone, you would deserve the kill anyway.

The orc woman took a swig of her ale mug, which had gone untouched following their contest, and then grinned again and quipped; “I’m guessing that the offer for a rematch involving no clothes and maybe a lot of fresh oil is going to be met with a no then?” A few of her comrades would chuckle knowingly at her blatant offer, but just then Emeron would hear the sound of birds chirping, and a glance aside would reveal the waitress approaching with a pair of trays with their freshly cooked meals waiting on them.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran listened again, letting the bristle fade from his fur before sighing and nodding slowly. Thank you for the information Savarra, and maybe, once this is over, I'll take you up on that offer for a rematch. As for your kin respecting my oath, that is appreciated, I shall... Do my best to temper my anger with those who had no hand in this. That's all I can promise. Honor to you on whatever battlefield you choose, or that chooses you. He said quietly, he had come to respect Savarra far more during this conversation then before... It was such a shame.

Standing slowly, Syran ran through his options as he turned his back on the orcs and Savarra's table. Well... This had been useful, but they needed information the common person wouldn't be likely to have, but a certain guard captain, now... There was someone to talk to next.

Deciding that could wait until morning, Syran moved back to the table with his brother and finally indulged in his wine, drinking slowly and thinking as Emeron's food arrived. Two steps forward, one step back. Still Brother, we need information, even if all it leads us to is the wrong raiding party. But for now... Let's rest a little, sorry if I worried you Emeron, I've been too harsh lately I think. Still the tracks led us here. There's something here for us to find and I don't think we should leave again until we have another direction to hunt. Syran said tiredly, scratching his head.

What do you think of all this Brother, where would you look next? he asked after a moment, draining his wine and thinking hard on the tracks, the captain, and the information Savarra had given him.

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Emeron murmured quietly as he listened in on his brothers conversation with the Orc woman. It wasn't much worthwhile information they recieved, and that the Orcs would have enough honor to respect their chosen path? To say he was skeptical about that would be an understatement. Making it loud and clear they were hunting orcs would mark them as targets no doubt. And not making it loud and clear wouldn't give them the benefit of such 'honor', if it even existed to begin with. The mention of the Orc woman wanting a rematch, minus clothes and plus oil, made the bearman frown. That was a mental image he could've done without. That Syran was even considering accepting the offer, even if it was just to not have the Orc push the topic, made him frown deeply.

And then the birdsong called for his attention. He released his hold of the magic weave holding the two spells he had cast, dismissing them, as he opened his eyes and offered the woman a warm smile. "Thank you." He said politely, but not too warmly; what he had listened to had put a damper on his mood. Something his brother might easily pick up as soon as he returned to his seat opposite of Emeron. As the bearman set about to consume the feast before him he would listen as the wolfman spoke. As soon as Syran had finished he would swallow a large bite with a helping of his beverage, followed by answering. "Somewhere that does not have my brother end up bedded by an Orc woman," his words were dour but he continued to talk. "As for what I think, Syran? I think we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow..." He leaned forward ever so slightly, his gaze fixed on his lupine brothers eyes. There was an ever so small snarl on his lips as he spoke quietly. "And I for one would not make a habit of toting around the reason we find ourselves on this path of ours. 'Respect the sentiment', hrmph." Emeron snorted derisively by the end, and leant back again to continue his meal.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran, sitting down and raising an eyebrow at his little brother. Do you really think that is where I'd end up Emeron? Did I not swear the same oath you did on the graves of our people? Our family? Don't be foolish, though don't presume you have any say in who I bed either. We share many things, we've even shared lovers... Bah, I'm in no mood to fight. Syran said quietly, visibly bristling for a moment before forcing himself to relax and dip back into his wine.

You're right, we do have a long day tomorrow. As for being honest, I made a decision to be honest, and in exchange we know more then we did. Honor the sentiment? That could mean many things, that could mean challenges, or, like just now, it could be a simple reminder. Savarra's words stopped a fight from breaking out just now, or didn't you notice. She reminded her fellows of their own honor, if it is to be found in Greenskins, and like all warriors I most certainly think it is. But the group we are hunting... We know they threw theirs away, I am not above using other's honor to find our family's Killers. Are you Little Brother? Syran asked coldly over his wineglass.

Setting the finished glass down, and waited for Emeron to finish eating, he was tired and bed was starting to look welcome, before stress saw him and his brother clawing at each other over nothing.

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Emeron, as Syran finished with being in no mood to fight, growled lowly in response. He was not satisfied with the answer his brother had given him, but the bearman himself would also prefer the evening being relatively quiet between him and his brother. The lengthy talk Syran next gave about honor, greenskins, and the final question if Emeron was above using others made him snarl ever so slightly before he answered. "I will do whatever it takes and is needed of me, Big Brother... But I still do not agree with you so casually speaking of our chosen path in company you've just met. 'Orc Honor' or not." The last part was accompanied with a derisive snort.

Then Emeron added one last line before going back to finishing his meal. "And you can either bed an Orc Woman, or keep your Little Brother." That part was said with a stern but low voice, and a stubborn look in the bearmans eyes. When riled up, Emeron was every bit as stubborn as his older sibling, and while neither of them might wish to go at eachothers throat all night long the bearman wasn't going to leave his opinions unheard.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran: HP = 54, PP = 39, EP = 39, Status = Fine

NPC Stats
Alenya: PP = 29, EP = 67, Status = Fine, Hidden within Emeron

The food, as it turned out, would be only decent. Not spectacular, but not foul either, and it would satisfy their hunger at the very least. The waitress and Savarra would glance their way on occasion while they ate and had their minor argument, but their attention would mostly be elsewhere. Keys with numbers had been left for them with their meals since they'd already paid for their rooms, and unless they flagged down one of the maids for another drink they would, for the next little while at least, be left to their own devices. Hidden still within Emeron, Alenya would remain silent for that time as well.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran visibly bristled at Emeron's last statement, warning his little brother that another word along the lines of abandoning family over a slight would result in an honest fight, right here in the tavern, his brother knew his temper.

Taking his key as soon as it arrived, Syran took his meal, his wine, and his anger with him, heading to his room without another word. Once inside, and alone, Syran disrobed quickly, his gear and clothing falling to the floor before he went about cleaning and maintaining everything.

His clothing was quickly folded and set at his bed, his sword resting just to it's right and in easy reach, and before turning in, he took his knife, went to the door, and slammed it into the wood of the floor, just at the doors base. Better then any lock, he now knew that any attack would have to come from a window, as forcing the now impeded door would make too much noise for him not to notice. He had no intention of being killed in his sleep...

Smokefish

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Emeron would stare, unflinchingly and unyieldingly, into his brothers eyes as his lupine sibling glared his way. The ursine brother would never abandon family over something trivial as a slight; bedding one of the race that had ruined their lives however... that was more than a 'trivial slight' to the bear of a man. But Emeron did not desire a fight, whether it was in the tavern or outside of it, and would watch silently as his brother stormed off with food and key in hand. First when Syran was out of sight the younger brother would let out a quiet sigh, slowly shaking his head. 'Sometimes I wonder which of us two, me or my brother, was affected the worst by the loss of all we had known...' Emeron spoke inwards, to the spirit within him, and the way he had used 'worst' was nothing if not negative towards himself. He was meant to be the calm one of the two siblings... the one that was less prone to letting emotions dictate their actions... At least that was what he himself had hoped would be the case.

Emeron would finish his meal in silence and was in no hurry to retreat to his rented bedchamber. But eventually his plate and mug would be emptied of food and beverage respectively, and so he would rise from his seat and head to his bed for the night. And while he might not realize it, what he did once in the room would very much mirror his brothers actions to some degree; he would undress and set his clothes aside to begin with. He would make sure the door was closed and locked before sorting through his belongings to make sure everything was there, and finally cast a simple spell upon the doorway to his room. If anyone were to enter through the door, despite him having locked it shut before sleeping, the shrill shriek of a fox would be sure to awaken him... And likely everyone else in the tavern too for that matter.

With all that done and finished the younger brother would wearily slump down in bed, although he wouldn't lay his head down just yet... With nary a thread covering his body he would sit by the edge of the bed, waiting. For there might very well be something more needing his attention before he was allowed the comfort of peaceful slumber... It was something he had never questioned... And truth be told he wasn't sure if he ever would.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran: HP = 54, PP = 39, EP = 39, Status = Fine >:3

NPC Stats
Alenya: PP = 29, EP = 67, Status = Fine, ghostboobies

~~~~Syran~~~~​

Storming off to his own room, Syran would place his food and wine down and begin to disrobe only to hear the door creak just as he was about to pull down his pants. Savarra was peaking in through the door, leaning casually against the frame and watching him with a smirk, seemingly alone. "Whoops!" the orc remarked playfully, "I thought I was sleeping in this room tonight... My mistake right?" Her playful tone would remain as she eyed him significantly for a moment, though after a brief pause she would continue; "I happened to remember something that might be of interest to you, but your friend apparently drove you to seclusion before I could come and tell you."

~~~~Emeron~~~~​

Eating his food out alone, Emeron would find the maid coming by to ask if he'd like anything else, and at his negative answer would take his empty mug and cleared dishes away. A little while after his brother had stormed off, he had seen the orc woman to whom he had spoken rise form her table and wander off towards the stalls herself, her blood red hair hard to miss even in the fairly dim lighting of the tavern, and she hadn't come back since. Departing from the tavern common room all on his own, he would find a fairly small room down near the end of a narrow hallway, passing by most of the rest of the stalls and hearing more than one set of sounds suggesting that people were copulating inside. The walls of his own small room proved thick enough to keep any such sounds from bothering him, thankfully, and he would be free to close and lock the door, sort his gear to ascertain that everything was still right where he'd left it, set up his protective spell against the door to keep anyone from sneaking up on him during the night, and finally disrobe and sit on the edge of the bed.

It wouldn't be a long wait before he would feel the spirit tethered to him begin to stir, and within only a few moments Alenya would separate herself from him, though leaving the thread of their connection intact as she always did. The spirit's physical form would appear before him, nude and busty and smiling mischievously as she always seemed to be. "Greetings, mine host~" she purred, and before his eyes the expected sexual characteristics would fade into view on Aleyna's form, "still worried about your brother and the orc woman?" There wasn't terribly much concern in the spirit's voice, more a hint of it mixed in with curiosity, as was seemingly customary of the flighty and often cryptic spirit that had advised his people for so many generations.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran, interrupted by his apparent arm wrestling opponent halfway through stripping, perked his ears up as he heard the door creak, lunging for his sword and snapping the blade out. Problem was, that his blade took precedence over his pants, which promptly dropped around his ankles.

Glaring at Savarra, Syran just stepped out of them and kept his eyes on her as she spoke. Now standing there in the nude, Syran didn't worry about his state of undress, and was more interested in what Savarra had to say, though if she was looking to share his bed, that would be a problem.

You're right, it is your mistake. And something tells me this information of yours you Suddenly remembered, is either a weak pretense to come here, or something that couldn't be said around your companions. Syran said after a moment, before lowering his blade slightly.

Let me make myself Clear Savarra. Despite any mixed blood, or excuse I could use to pardon us joining? I wont. I'm actively hunting a warband, I have nothing but hatred for Orcs in general, and my offer stood only when all this was over, and even then, it was a maybe. Solitude is where my companion drove me, and it's what I wish for. Say your piece, or leave. Syran said, crossing his arms as his ears swiveled around on his head, listening for her companions if they were indeed there to be found.

Somehow... Syran had a feeling this would not end well... And on that thought, he raised his blade once more, and held the sharp weapon between himself, and the confusingly infatuated woman across from him... Well... at least the window was behind him for a quick getaway... unless he got angry... he always stopped thinking when he got angry...

Syran on Full Defense, just in case >.> (+30 dodge and resist, +15 perception. End numbers: Dodge:83 Resistance:51 Perception:54 -W-

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syran: HP = 54, PP = 39, EP = 39, Status = Fine >:3

NPC Stats
Alenya: PP = 29, EP = 67, Status = Fine, ghostboobies

~~~~Syran~~~~​

Savarra's eyes would glide down Syran's nude frame, gazing hungrily over his abs and particularly at his manhood, at least before he managed to hide the latter with his tail. Her interested look would quickly sour at his words, however, and the orc woman would fold her arms over her chest and scowl at Syran more with every word, with no signs of her fellows being on the way. "Well then," she said in a short, angry tone, "if that's going to be it, then I guess I'll keep what I remembered to myself. Good journey to you, mutant human." With that she turned and stormed out before Syran could put in another word, leaving his door open and slamming her own shut a few moments later.

~~~~Emeron~~~~​

(Derp)

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The hell did she expect. Syran snorted, putting his sword away before folding up his clothing and going back to securing his room and going to sleep. Hi! your kind murdered my family, wanna fuck? Really? Like that was going to fly at all? She was out of her damned mind. Scowling, the constantly bad tempered Syran fell asleep, dreams of vengeance and blood filling his night with a different kind of lust.