What's new

Cevrik's Saloon - Discussion/Feedback

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I've been a lurker on here for quite a while - long before I even made an account. I used to only come here for the "Hentai Games" section, but another section caught my eye about a couple years ago. The "Choose Your Own Adventure" threads, which have caused me to visit this site much more than I used to, have always been a unique portion of this site to me. My love of having choice in a narrative has always fascinated me, and the erotic nature of these stories generated even more interest in these text-based adventures.

I think it was Kathy's Legend of Zelda story that really got me hooked. I kept coming back day in and day out. Hoping, waiting, that the next post would come along. It wasn't the erotic nature of it alone, but more-so that a community had a general interest, and most importantly control, over the direction this narrative took. I was sad to see it go when it did. However, when it ended I started thinking about some old stories in some old notebooks. One thing lead to another and over the past couple months I wanted to not only increase my skill as a writer but also take you on an adventure I've been mapping out for a while.

I give you Amarant!

REMOVED

Hm, now that I think about it perhaps showing only one area doesn't quite capture what I have in store for you guys...

With 6 complete chapters, 3 almost completed areas, and the final 2 chapters to be added as you guys make choices (although with a pretty good idea in my head of what's going to happen), I have a feeling that this will provide quite the journey for you guys.

Now flipping over to the back of the Book/Game case...

- Enter a thought out world of technology and magic!
- Partake in a thrilling quest!
- Battle heinous foes who may not always want to take just your life!
- Meet interesting characters!
- And, of course! Take part in a branching narrative full of varying amounts of danger, erotic encounters, and treasure!

I'll be posting soon with a few questions on a few mechanics, although with this being my first CYOA story, I will be making it more reliant on the narrative choices you guys make rather than the roll of a die.

This thread will also will act as a general area to discuss the choices made so far and how the narrative's mechanics are working (or not working). I've tried to include some interesting concepts to give a thread like system a little spice so please, if it's a little too hot, let me know.

I hope this will be as brilliant and entertaining for you guys as it has been simply working on it, and more.

More to come... -Cevrik.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Cevrik's Saloon - Discussion/Feedback

Well, it's nice to see so much preplanning at least. I would caution that such is difficult to plan ahead given the derp nature of the average CYOAS voter, however, as it takes a very resilient plot to survive first contact with player interaction, and a very fluid one to do so without seeming forced.

OP
Cevrik777

Cevrik777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I realize it's quite the risk to give readers an "Other" option... but I've tried to put quite a bit of thought into the motivations of characters as well as how some areas are laid out so that I can weave their choice in and out of the narrative. I won't try to bite off more than I can chew, but in a way I've done so much preplanning so you guys can have an "Other" option. I'll also try to keep a level head and veto any extreme options, bandwagon or no.

As for it being on rails or not, it isn't... well, not in that sense, but, well only for a portion... and not really those kind of rails but- Oh! You'll see soon enough!

Also, I think it's worth noting that for some decisions, especially ones that can lead to one chapter or another, "Other" votes will be disabled. Wouldn't want someone to go party at the pub when one's life is in imminent danger... however fun that might be.

Last edited:

ShantyTsun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Chapter 2 had a pretty climatic conclusion so here's to chapter 3! By the looks of that graph, Ch4 will be the longest one yet.