What's new

Champions-System Superhero RP - Ark City Revamped

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Time to check for interest.

Reviving an old attempt of mine. Going to use the Champions RP System to try to run a comic book/Saturday-Morning-Cartoony* Superhero RP. As a divergence from the original attempt, I've recruited Hardware to GM it. This will mean that there is some slight potential for smut, however the primary focus of this is NOT going to be smut. It's going to be "serious".

Setting for it will be Ark City.

For character creation, you can make your own if you are familiar with the system. If not, talk to Hardware to describe your character idea, and he'll use a nifty little program to make the sheet up for you! If you talk with him about it, it'll likely end up being a bit of back-and-forth while he tries to work out appropriate Powers to use to make the character.

For more actual setting details, the plan is to set this about thirty or so years after the historical event mentioned in the setting thread... "The Battle of the River". Any dice rolls will be handled by the GM (Hardware). Also, be aware that he's going to be instituting a "Dark Side Points" system... Rack up too many of those (earned by acting more like a villain than a hero) and your character will become an NPC under Hardware's control. However, there will also be warnings in-character for when someone's starting to slide into dangerous territory with their behavior. (i.e. You're starting to rack up too many DSPs)

At this point, he's looking at running this PbP in the SHRP subforum.

EDIT: *By "Saturday-Morning-Cartoony", he doesn't mean that you're restricted to stacked stereotypes that spout PSAs and shitty morality lessons. Just that he'd prefer more light-hearted characters over "Edgemaster, Iteration #447".

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Champions-System Superhero RP - Ark City Revamped

Okay, decided to make an additional post, and clarify a few things concerning character creation.

First off, for those not familiar with the Champions system, it's a total point-buy system with no dice rolls involved with character creation. So there's that. For those who happen to be familiar with the system, we're going to be using modified 6th Ed "Superheroic" values. (475 points, with 75 complication points) If a Power is tagged with an icon, check with Hardware before taking it.

For those who'd rather he use the Hero Designer program that he has to do the heavy lifting on character creation, just catch at least Hardware in either the Shoutbox, or his Discord server (Or forum PM), and talk to him. He'll try to get your character as close as he can... Provided, of course, that your idea can be done within the allowed point values. You're not going to be able to have your character face-tank a Death Star Superlaser shot at creation, for instance. However, the system is highly flexible in what can be done with it.

Also, with regards to the house-ruled Dark Side Points system... Hardware's going to have to discuss that, since it's his idea, but basically: If you do something like kill a criminal in a normal situation simply because "Well, it's more expedient" or to prove "how edgy" your character is... Expect backlash for it. He's trying to go for more light-hearted, not a Frank Miller take on the Punisher.

Last edited:

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Okay, a few changes:

- ShadowWolf has decided he would rather play the game than run it, so I will be handling all Narrator/GM duties.

- If you want to make your own character, that's totally fine with me. I'll put any requested book-pdfs that I have in a Dropbox folder and link them .

- I will insist on approving all characters before they will be allowed to be used in the game; just want to be 100% certain no one is cheating (Except me. Oops...did I say that out loud...?).

- "Returning" characters that have previously been approved by ShadowWolf don't need to be submitted for reapproval.

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

After thinking on this a little, I'm kind of interested. That being said, I'd like to see a rulebook first, since I haven't seen the system before.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

My post updated with the Dropbox link. If for some reason the link doesn't work, let me know and I'll figure out an alternate way to get it out there.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After discovering a minor derp-up on my part from the original game, the point values for character generation in the second post have been modified.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

(Double post... \o/)

Going to be starting soon. That will NOT restrict new characters from being brought in, so if you haven't made your character(s) yet, don't worry.