What's new

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This thread is the solution to "error (503) server unavailable" when you try to use Google Translate. Chiitrans Lite is an automatic translation tool for Japanese visual novels. It extracts, parses and translates text into English on the fly. Chiitrans Lite is the successor of the project Chiitrans. It is compatible with Google Translate and ATLAS.

Nowadays, Google Translate is probably the best automatic translator out there and it keeps improving every year. Sadly, due to changes to the Google Translate API, Chiitrans Lite had stopped being compatible with Google Translate in 2015. Luckily, that was fixed by Rain288 and now it works again.

The easiest way to get it working again:
1. Download the original installer ( )
2. Install it
3. Download these two files: ( ) and ( )
4. Replace them in the proper directory (Program Files\Chiitrans Lite\www\js)

To download the .js and .coffee files you just have to do right click and then "Save page as..." and accept.

Last edited:

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Chiitrans Lite + Google Translate (fixed 2017)

hey man thanks for the information!!!
but how can i get it to run really? when i choose Google as translator and text pops up it just says there couldnt be a connection with the remoteserver (error 503).
Do i have to do something else?
I didnt have these problems with the old chiitrans :/

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is it compatible to jrpgs?

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

and ur ( ) link is not working
Or is it just me

OP
O

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hey man thanks for the information!!!
but how can i get it to run really? when i choose Google as translator and text pops up it just says there couldnt be a connection with the remoteserver (error 503).
Do i have to do something else?
I didnt have these problems with the old chiitrans :/
The problems started in 2015 when Google changed the API and the program didn't update. It worked before that. The easiest way to get it to work is uninstalling, downloading the installer of the original version, and then replacing the files.

is it compatible to jrpgs?
Of course.

and ur ( ) link is not working
Or is it just me
The problem is the "...", the link is:

alonditebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Would you be able to add other translators and remove the dead ones? Honyaku is gone and I don't think systrans or Меховой пончик work anymore either (they haven't worked for me for a while)...

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The problems started in 2015 when Google changed the API and the program didn't update. It worked before that. The easiest way to get it to work is uninstalling, downloading the installer of the original version, and then replacing the files.
I already did that. Translators.coffee got overwritten but translators.js); is a completely new file or should it be named translators.js?
I tried either way but the error (403 or 503) still comes. Or can you maybe upload your functioning folder to mega or somewhere else for download?

OP
O

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Would you be able to add other translators and remove the dead ones? Honyaku is gone and I don't think systrans or Меховой пончик work anymore either (they haven't worked for me for a while)...
Sorry, I am not a programmer. You can try asking Rain288 ( ), the guy who released this fix.

I already did that. Translators.coffee got overwritten but translators.js); is a completely new file or should it be named translators.js?
I tried either way but the error (403 or 503) still comes. Or can you maybe upload your functioning folder to mega or somewhere else for download?
It's not "translators.js);". The link was wrong. Delete that file and try downloading it again with the correct link:

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Im trying to open up games with this but it doesn't seem to be translating them or hooking text at all.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sorry, I am not a programmer. You can try asking Rain288 ( ), the guy who released this fix.

It's not "translators.js);". The link was wrong. Delete that file and try downloading it again with the correct link:
thx it worked :)

sourman2

Reputation score

I followed all the instructions and its not working.
Does this fix not work for the latest version of windows 10?

JonkoSlunko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For some reason, my chiitrans lite keeps going blank on me. Even trying different jrpgs I am getting nothing and I already uninstall and reinstalled it. I am using Windows 10 too, anyone else getting this problem as well?

poppyseed02134

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yea, not working for me either. It just says (skip).

Psycan

Reputation score

For some reason, my chiitrans lite keeps going blank on me. Even trying different jrpgs I am getting nothing and I already uninstall and reinstalled it. I am using Windows 10 too, anyone else getting this problem as well?
Yes I have the exact same problem, tried the same solutions even reinstalled ATLAS without any luck.. So far I haven't been able to fix it sadly.

Magster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If your Chiitrans is blank it's because of an update from W10. They update the framework 4, who's no longer compatible with Chiitrans lite :(

JonkoSlunko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If your Chiitrans is blank it's because of an update from W10. They update the framework 4, who's no longer compatible with Chiitrans lite :(
Yeah, kind of figured, trying out Visual novel reader now. RIP Chiitrans

antares23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a way to make Chiitrans work for the new windows 10 update??

Lerianis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well those little.... I'd like to call Microsoft a bunch of uncouth names for doing this bull.

.Net Framework 4 is an old software. Absent security fixes it should not have any changes made to it.

Does anyone know where/how we can contact the original maker of Chiitrans Lite in hopes of getting the source code and fixing this issue?

As an alternative, does anyone know of an alternative to Chiitrans Lite that works with not only RPG Maker 2000 to VX Ace games but also with Livemaker?

shakuganexa

Reputation score

Well those little.... I'd like to call Microsoft a bunch of uncouth names for doing this bull.

.Net Framework 4 is an old software. Absent security fixes it should not have any changes made to it.

Does anyone know where/how we can contact the original maker of Chiitrans Lite in hopes of getting the source code and fixing this issue?

As an alternative, does anyone know of an alternative to Chiitrans Lite that works with not only RPG Maker 2000 to VX Ace games but also with Livemaker?
The source code is available in the download page of Chiitrans Lite and in Github. The lost of Chiitrans is devastating, especially when the alternative, Visual Novel Reader is buggy and difficult to operate.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Would it not be possible to do this for ChiiTrans2? I always found that the best one, ChiiTransLite just seemed wonky. ChiiTrans2 seems to be the best, but it doesnt work with Google.