What's new

RPG Active RPG Maker [crazybat] Coming Of Age

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Coming of Age 0.3 [Sandboxish] [Slow Corruption]

Hi Guys. It's been about 3 weeks since last release so I thought it was time for a small update on development status.

First week after release nothing much has been done on the content side.
Mostly bug fixing and responding for feedback. Since then I have been working on expanding the Lifeguard job a bit. (This was long overdue :D)

The job will be expanded with a new events which you can choose to expand after certain conditions are met. I also added a feature which allows you at some point to choose the viewpoint in the event.

It will also feature a second outfit with similar events but with enough difference to make it fun. Below is a preview picture:

Currently I am working on the final event with the 2nd outfit.

I also worked on a small exposure event at school which will be repeatable.
Also someone has offered to correct/improve the grammar in the game.
This person also has applied some idea's and polishing to things in the game I haven't had time to work on yet.
For this I am really great-full. You will probably see some of the results in the next release.

Talking about the next release I kind of made a list of things I might trow in the game for next release. This is just a list of possibilities don't read it if you don't want any spoilers:

- Expand "Balcony Exposure event"
- Add new Exposure event at home. (Will have many fun stages)
- Expand events with "Daniel"
- Add 3rd "training session" with Sis and stepbro. (Will be the last I think)
- Maybe add some small dream sequence
- Add some more small "public" exposure events similar to the one I described above
- 3rd Nurse event?

Well that's about it for now.

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi everyone,

It has now been roughly a year since it first started working on this game.
Below is a small update on the development progress of release 0.4 that I'm working on right now.

-I've finished the expanded lifeguard job.
-I've expanded the "Balcony" exposure event with 3 stages (with the new outfit) and added a small "final" event to it.
-I've added a small event with Daniel at May's home.
- I've completed a rough version of the 3rd stage in the nurse event. This one took me quite a while to fabricate.
You could even say that there actually 2 events in sequence. Will still need to apply some polish to it. There's also a small animation within this event.

Besides that I've been running thru several events again and correct there grammar (Yes again..).
I've also started to integrate the many events which have had there grammar corrected by a nice very person on ULMF.

Further I've replaced a few pictures form the Lifeguard events en the 1st nurse event while I was at it.
A few of them were very dark or had weird shadows in them.

I Have also made changes to the tileset of the City map. It looks quite different now, but the layout is mostly the same.
And last but not least I've started working on a new exposure event.
I've only created the pictures for the 1st stage so far.

Before I forget I finally found some time to play around with the quest script and have added a few quest from the first 2 weeks. Unfortunately that also meant I had to play-test the first 2 weeks again and make corrections as I went.

Time flew by and I hope I'll be able to get everything in it that I wanted.
I'm still aiming to release version 0.4 around or just before/after Christmas.

Danton

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Looking forward to it, loved what was done so far.

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi Guys Version 0.4 is here.

+240 CG
+4 Animations
+Expanded lifeguard job and added 1 repeatable events to each stage
+Expanded balcony exposure event with 3 stage with the new outfit+ 2 small final events of which one is optional
+ Added 2 events at nurse office
+ Added quest log (Press Q)
+ Added new exposure event (1 Stage only so far)
+ Added new training event. (last one for now)
+ Added Two Events with Daniel
+ Added new sleepwear stage +masturbation stage at home
+ Changed/added breakfast events
+ Added Special Christmas event! Yeah!
+ Bonus Created some Christmas themed Full HD wallpapers! Look in the wallpaper directory!

Old save can work in the sense that they shouldn't crash, however might contain old bug like looping event at the showers and quest log not working properly. I didn't test it with old save so use at your own risk.

For those who have played the previous version I've added a save game which you can use to continue where the new events start. It's in the saves directory just copy it to the main directory.

You will start at 74 Shame on Tuesday evening in week 4. I suggest going to the beach next morning doing the lifeguard job to view the first new event. Using the save game is recommend.

There will be one new (very optional) event containing water sports. Those which have no interested in
this content what so ever can use the book of fetishes to disable this and it won't show up ever.
Even when enabled it's still very avoidable if you pick the obvious choice!

Also you can skip class event on college days (Except on Friday) from week 2 by stepping into the hexagon in front of the Garage in front of May's house.

Last edited:
OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Released a new version with some bug fixes. Updated the link in the op.

This should fix the following bugs:

-You should no longer get stuck at night when the sister training events are triggered and your shame level is too low.
-Picture no longer stays on screen when saying No during the first stage of the 3rd nurse event. (Who does that really?)
-3rd training event should no longer trigger if you don't have the new outfit. Otherwise the game would be stuck.

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Released Bug fix version2. fixes the following bugs:

Release notes 0.4 Buxfix2

-Should fix getting stuck under certain conditions when the 3rd training event is triggered.

This happens when you shame is lower or equal to 68 at the start of week4.
In that case both training events are triggered at the same time.
I changes the way they are triggered to fix this.
I won't fix any saves in which the bug has already triggered.
Using a save before going to the 2nd floor where the bug is triggered should work.

In current save games the training event might not trigger the first time due to an event that runs first.
Solution it to just leave map and come back.

- Fixed a minor issue regarding the quest log not working properly for the balcony even in some occasions
- Fix a bug when entering the most left door in the men's restroom would get you stuck

HV3

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is there a walkthrough?
I cant figure out how to get the sports swimsuit for Lifeguard.

the Clothes store only offers a blank selection..is that a bug?

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Is there a walkthrough?
I cant figure out how to get the sports swimsuit for Lifeguard.

the Clothes store only offers a blank selection..is that a bug?
Not at this moment, but I'm thinking about a writing a short guide. You should be able to buy the sport swimsuit when your confidence is 5 or above.
You can raise your confidence at the start by sunbathing at the beach in the school swimsuit. or working out at the gym later. (Week 2 forwards)
You will need a shame of 80 or lower to start working as a lifeguard.

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I must say this Game is pretty solid and kept me playing because of the I like scenes wich has different stages for Corruption If you know what I mean.
Also I must say although that these are basic HS Models, apart from Mia I guess wich is quite good, and clothes I already saw If you tinkered with HS already it doesnt felt used.

Keep up the good Work I look forward to new releases.
You have any Patreon Site to follow?

Danton

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Awesome update! Really looking forward to the next one

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I must say this Game is pretty solid and kept me playing because of the I like scenes wich has different stages for Corruption If you know what I mean.
Also I must say although that these are basic HS Models, apart from Mia I guess wich is quite good, and clothes I already saw If you tinkered with HS already it doesnt felt used.

Keep up the good Work I look forward to new releases.
You have any Patreon Site to follow?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I'm a fan of events with multiple stages that's why I put those in the game. The models are actually SBPR models not HS.

tsukaja

Lurker
Reputation score
Awesome Game, but what is the current status? Are you still on it or is the project dead? I mean it has been almost 3 months since the last news...

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm still working on it. I'm working on finishing version 0.5 which I hope to finish before the end of March.
I'm sorry I haven't posted here much.

Since I've received very Little feedback on the previous release gave me the impression that there where not that many people still interested in the game.
Maybe it's just me, but it feels there's has been less activity at ulmf in general. (This is not a complaint just my observation

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Here are some development updates I have posted at some other forums but that I haven't posted over here yet

January update
I would really like to know what people think of the options during the events.
Like the ability to choice the angle in certain events and the different endings.

I haven't heard any complaints about them, but I was wondering if anyone actually replayed a scene to view the other choice? In general these choices won't effect the overall game much. In some cases only some minor change in gained stats.

So now let's talk about what has been going on the last couple of weeks and what the general plans are for the next version.

The 1st week and a half were mostly spend on bug fixing, and taking a short brake from development to think about how to continue. After that I've worked on putting some mini exposure events in game similar to the once that can be trigger at school.

These mini events can/will be triggered by walking over the proper tile or talking to certain npc's.
These will be repeatable and like the one at school will probably trigger only once a day and will be avoidable if you know where/how they trigger. This is something I planned to have in version 0.4 already but I ran out of time.

Next I have been thinking about the next 2 jobs. These will probably be Gym instructor and Waitress.
I've been working on which outfits May will wear during these jobs and after a lot of experimenting (I tried like 8 different outfits for the waitress job..) I think I've finally got it nailed down for both jobs.

I've done some work on the Gym instructor job, but it's still in it's early stages. I'm having a hard time coming up with something original and at the same time keep it from being too much of a grind.

February update:
For the last few weeks I have been working on a new event which includes an animation.
For this event I started with the animation. I did a few attempts and the third or forth I was kind of satisfied.

It's still not exactly how I would like it to be, but I can't afford to waste any more time on it. The animations are both a nice to have and a learning process for me.
After that I filled in the event from start to end.

I only need to proofread and correct the text if I can find the time for that.
I have been working on that event for quite some time so I needed a break from it.

Next I have finished expanding the webcam event with 2 stages. These are slightly bigger compared to the balcony events.
I still need to do a test run for overall flow and might need some additional small tweaks.

I've also added a new small event in the gym shower in line with the existing ones.
And while I was at it I corrected/adjusted the text of all the gym shower events, there were still quite a few errors.

Next I'm almost done with another event involving Mia. This will also include one animation.
Just needs some finishing touches and grammar corrections

On the downside I have done only minor work on the new jobs so far, so they will probably will still be in their very early stages in the next release. Not that I had planned for them to be completed in the next release.
I want to add at least one more big event and still have a lot of smaller thing on the to do list.

March update:
While I'm at it. Let me update you guys on the progress for the next update due to at the end of march.

I've finished another event with the sister.
I've added another exhibitionist event that will unlock after a certain level.
This even can be replayed and unlock further depending on may exhibitionist level.
I hope I'll be able to finish this one before the next update.

I have also added another small event that will trigger at night and will lead to other events so to speak.
I'll keep it vague since I don't want to spoiler everything.

I've also rework the first webcam event. Corrected spelling , replaced every CG with fresh ones and even expanded it with a few CG. This event was made in a hurry in the last release and thus was a bit messy.

I've also be working on the new job at the bar. I still in very early stages. So don't expect to much from it in the next release. I've completed some test runs and it looks functional so far. I've tried to make this less tedious to repeat by removing step, like talking before and after the job so it involves less walking over all.

I've also worked on a couple of minor optimizations.
When going to sleep May now automatically changes into the proper sleeping attire, without the player having to manual change clothes first.

I had noticed that in a lot of the CG May's skin was particular shiny. I had already been playing with the lighting a lot to educes it a much a possible but still couldn't get it exactly the way I wanted it to look. I now have finally found the cause for it.

The models have a skin slider that regulates how shiny it is. Needless to say they were set fairly high in the models I used.
I knew the slider was there I just never linked it to the problem. Anyway after "fixing" it the skin looked much more natural make the images less "shiny" and less distorted overall. In my opinion this makes the CG look better and more natural. In the next releases I'll be attempting replacing part of the existing CG which in my opinion are looking "bad".

Wveth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'd like to try it but the MEGA link is dead.

OP
C

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'd like to try it but the MEGA link is dead.
I just tested it but the link still works fine. Anyways send you a private message with the whole link in it.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ooh the bar job sounds like it could be good, hopefully there'll be a little drinking involved... :3 And automatic changing to sleep attire is defintely a nice addition.

Last edited:

tsukaja

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for all the information Crazybat. :D

And yeah, after they had these massiv issues with the website I think a lot of users are looking elsewhere for stuff now.