What's new

CYOA ramblings

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been thinking of how ti handle my cyoa lately. I've been mulling over the idea of possibly going into a Tentacle Lair type of situation, whether or not to use stats, introducing perks and the likes, and different things. Like for example if you choose to fight or use violent means out of situations or the like, you get physical buffs an such. Or giving options for packages that determine what the main character excels at and etc. I was also thinking of borrowing from different things like PoP, Eternal Darkness Sanitys Requiem, and Seris Tentacle Lair game. Adding leveling system and the likes. But I want to get peoples input before I go through the trouble for it. And of course I need to get it started properly, but I just wanted to get this out and see what people think.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: CYOA ramblings

In 'Overlord' i quickly found that level and lair management became a huge pain in the ass. being able to make decisions is good and allowing your character to grow is nice, but people show up and stay because of the story you put together, from doing this most recent CYOA of mine, I've definitely learned to concentrate on setting and character development.

If you sit down every day and write for 30 minutes to an hour like i do, you'll see that what keeps YOU interested is the expansion of the story, allow all of the major elements and decisions to be decided by your audience so that they can contribute, but keep in mind that you have to fill 95% of the story with your own ideas, and dont ever put yourself in a position where a decision your audience makes will force you to write something boring and uninspired just to get past it, i found that out the hard way when doing my first CYOA.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

We already have two Tentacle Lairs, I would prefer to venture in a new direction. There's only so much mileage there, after all. :x

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

yes, lets make it of slime monsters