What's new

RPG RPG Maker [IMP] Daughter of Essence - (New Content Update!)

lmaccount

Lurker
Reputation score
Had a corrupt save file issue; would anyone be able to please post one at least 1/2 of the way through?

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
v0.159.png
Happy Holidays! (Special Release)

Hi everyone, I'm releasing the latest build early this year on account of tomorrow being Christmas, and because I wanted alpha patrons to be able to experience all the latest revisions before I take the next week to relax.

I finished my 95 hour playthrough today and worked solidly over the weekend so I'd be able to deliver the most polished and perfected build to date for this strange and unprecedented holiday season, particularly while most of us are stuck at home away from friends and family.

The patch notes are perhaps the longest I've had yet. Read them if you like, or don't. Whatever suits your fancy.

Happy Holidays and much love to everyone, from Nym and Audrey.

Become a patron or get the public build at

Version 0.159 - 12-24-2020
  • Overhauled SP system; reduced amount of SP from defeating enemies and removed all SP from leveling; increased amount of SP earned from actions in combat
  • Made substantial balance adjustments to Defense & Resistance formulae;
  • 30 Def = Approx 15% Mitigation, up from 5%
  • 50 Def = Approx 25% Mitigation, up from 15%
  • 100 Def = Approx 45% Mitigation, up from 35%
  • 200 Def = Approx 63% Mitigation, up from 60%
  • Adjusted some enemy balance
  • Adjusted some item balance (will not affect existing saves)
  • Adjusted some dialogue to reflect the possibility of having access to Qel in places like Hawk’s Keep, Grey Clarion, Danforth Crook and Fogsborough
  • Fixed an issue where Roald’s dialogue flag could be bypassed by exiting the dorms directly from Mercy’s room and re-entering from the front door
  • Adjusted some steal rates
  • Adjusted a lot of dialogue for better quality, continuity and readability
  • Adjusted some lighting for better performance
  • Replaced all instances of the name “Volda” with Vonda for continuity
  • Mercy can check out a room at New Light Restaurant after getting information from Sodrek about Benn Wilkes
  • Added lights to the wall switches in Fort Wilkes to make them more obvious
  • Reduced “yield” requirement by 1 for Awaken ending, increased “resist” threshold by 1 for “Reject” ending
  • Fixed some passability issues
  • Seth now has the boss collapse effect
  • Fixed some dialogue on Annouck
  • Fixed a tile layering error at Fort Wilkes
  • Sodrek now correctly gives Mercy 5 hogfish ramens instead of 1
  • Claudia no longer appears in the residential area after returning from Esterholt
  • Adjusted the Carlisse/strangers battle to take less time
  • Mercy can now ride Orus on a couple of maps she was previously unable to
  • Fixed an issue where Mercy could ask about Moon’s upgrades with the wrong portrait
  • Fixed an issue where upgrading Moon’s shop 1 tier at a certain point could prevent certain important dialogue from occurring
  • Added a missing transfer point for leaving Hawk’s Keep
  • Visual HP gauge dimensions modified to match the ATB bar better
  • Fixed an issue where Mercy could ride Orus into a house in Danforth Crook
  • Added the Warm status to more cooking fires
  • Brienne in Danforth no longer has fixed movement after speaking to her once
  • Added more lootable items to various maps
  • Fixed some reference issues during a cutscene if Mercy gets Qel before purchasing supplies for Danforth in Mar’Liore
  • Fixed an issue where leaving Mar’Liore at a certain point while riding Orus incorrectly reapplies her blindfold
  • Fixed an issue where Weston’s walk animation was disabled in the cove during a cutscene
  • Fixed an issue where the Wulfhilde/Belka scene was previously incorrectly difficult to access, and also broadened the window to unlock the Wulfhilde/Mercy scene
  • Mercy can no longer enter the strategy meeting while riding Orus
  • Entering the siege planning map while mounted no longer increases Mercy’s speed after leaving the map unmounted
  • Fixed some portrait issues
  • Fixed an issue where Carlisse’s door was missing after the first siege
  • Fixed some issues where trying to ride Orus indoors could fadeout the screen
  • Some instances of Leondra, the Fourth Calamity, mistakenly referred to her as Alice. This has been changed for continuity, and to avoid confusion with a different historically significant Alice
  • Fixed an issue where Mercy could enter the Emerald Flats barracks while riding Orus during a cutscene
  • Mercy no longer asks the bartender in Emerald Flats about Mikhail after fighting Bartholomew
  • Mercy can now enter the room where the hunters are staying after recruiting them, and before the reinforcements arrive
  • Fixed a portrait flicker issue on the fishing boat
  • Fixed an issue where preparing for the final cove meeting before talking to Marlan about the Sisters would instead trigger the Sisters dialogue during the meeting
  • Fixed an issue where Bart & Quinn could fail to appear during the final cove meeting
  • When Leite meets Mercy after the final cove meeting, the dialogue now slightly differs if they went to Isle of Deer
  • Fixed an issue where Leland’s dialogue didn’t change after speaking with him
  • Holden and Wally now appear in the cove after they arrive before the final siege
  • Interacting with Leite’s bed after the Leite/Gorps scene now differs slightly if they went to the Isle of Deer
  • Delilah can no longer block the door to her room in the dorms
  • Fixed an issue where entering the second siege planning area from the planning table while riding Orus could result in fast movement speed when leaving the area
  • Fixed an issue where a harp could clip through the ship bow during the attack
  • Fixed a tile error
  • Fixed an issue where Bartleby skipped a page of text in the event of Quinn’s death
  • Fixed an issue where initially choosing to depart for the valley after the siege with Qel could result in a “coming soon” message instead of a direct departure
  • Mercy now recovers after resting in bed post-siege
  • “Awaken” and “Reject the Cycle” are now highlighted gold in the final choice menus

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Weekly Release: v0.160!

Hi everyone, hope you had a nice holiday. I took a much-needed break from releasing a new build last week and just focused on adding content, fixing bugs and trying to finish up the polish for our upcoming Steam release.

I've also been working on the store page and a new trailer, as well as talking with artists, voice actors and reading up on best practices for publication. It's so close to being finished that I'm starting to go full stress mode over every last tiny little detail.

Anyway, another long set of patch notes with a lot of nice new features. Happy New Year, and I hope you enjoy.

- Nym

Become a patron to try this build or access the public version at

Version 0.160 - 1-8-2021
  • A fishing guide has been added to the fishing journal, and the basics are displayed when the Fishing Rod is first acquired
  • The Quest Journal is now bound to the “J” key (old saves must reset controls to default before the change will take effect)
  • The shortcut to call the Skill Point allocation screen is now “K”
  • The keyboard controls overlay that appears on startup can now be accessed in-game, and is also updated to reflect the journal and advancement shortcuts
  • Fishing has received some bug-fixes, improvements, and tweaks to Lures
    • Mercy’s fishing sprite now differs slightly based on rod type
    • A special new fishing rod can be crafted by upgrading Gertrude’s forge
    • Declining to fish while riding Orus no longer dismounts
    • Dismounting Orus to fish now properly flags the “dismounted” variable so the screen will no longer fade out while trying to re-mount in an unacceptable area
    • Lures and Bait now have colored options in the choice menu, and can also be used simultaneously
    • Lures have been changed; now instead of being a flat Luck multiplier, Luck is multiplied based on the initial fishing check. This is to prevent high-luck characters from over-fishing essence while still ensuring Luck applies to fishing success rate
    • Some of the wait commands have been removed from fishing, reducing the down time
    • The fishing success sound effect has been changed from a bell to a gentler chime
    • Items were made easier to fish, down to 10 inputs from 13
  • Added an additional short sequence to the “keep fighting” ending route
  • “Trance” has been removed. It never worked correctly to begin with, and never quite lived up to the ideas for implementation that I had for it, so I’ve cut it in preparation for 1.0
  • Added missing glasses to a couple of Agatha’s portraits
  • Added new pieces of Mercy’s backstory hidden around Shiveworth
  • Added a little more evidence of something hidden at the Carvannah aqueducts entrance
  • Added a new recruitable character & bathhouse suite
  • The 2nd floor of the bath house is now accessible after a certain point even if Liis was not recruited--it is merely empty
  • The empty “Advancement” menu has been removed from the skills category, a carry-over from the old Skill Point distribution system that no longer did anything
  • The “Equip Skills” command has been changed to “Prepare,” since skills is its own command and spells can also be equipped
  • The “Skills” command in the main menu has been changed to “Abilities,” since skills and spells are separate. The Skills submenu has been changed to “Weapon Skills” for clarity
  • The “Item” menu option has been changed to “inventory”
  • The timed attack cursor has been modified from a plain white line to a colored diamond
  • Full-length busts are now shown in combat for characters who have them instead of only the small face portraits
  • Fixed a tile overlay issue
  • Fixed some pixel errors and flickering on Mercy & Orus’s injured battler sprites
  • The timed attack result is now all caps for better spacing, and the result parameters have been adjusted slightly to allow for “perfect” results
  • The timed attack target points have been adjusted slightly to to better match the visuals
  • Fixed an issue preventing dialogue from appearing during the fight with Corrine
  • Fixed some typos
  • Fixed an issue where a colon appeared after Mercy’s name in a couple of encounters
  • Encountering 2 vox silvae at once now correctly counts both enemies’ deaths towards the full tally
  • The minimum ATB and HP bar lengths have been reduced to mitigate instances where a bar could overlap another enemy’s sprite
  • Fixed an issue where Fukuro wasn’t properly loading into the fight against the Grey Lions
  • Interacting with the bird in the Aster Canyon while riding Orus now properly dismounts so she isn’t speed-walking after the scene
  • Added some additional effects to the final canyon sequence
  • The background sound effect now properly fades during the scene transfer from the canyon
  • Fixed some text runoff
  • Fixed a lighting issue in the cove throne room
  • Adjusted some parallel processes for better performance
  • Adjusted some of the ending narratives for better quality and continuity
  • Attempted to fix possible crashes caused by some systems being slower to reference images that are flickering on and off
  • Fixed a broken color code in a journal entry
  • Fixed the formatting on the scene when inspecting the looted crab hide
  • Fixed an issue where Fishmaster Luca could reference being in Witchdale when in Mar’Liore or Emerald Flats
  • Changed the contents of a couple of different chests
  • Swagger is now correctly removed at the end of a battle

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Huddle Up, Gang (+ New Release)

Hi everyone!

New release tonight with some finishing touches, bug-fixes and added dialogue.

I'm just about done with the game, and now I have to wait for a couple of artists and a couple of voice actors to wrap up some new pieces for me.

By next week, we should be working on the upcoming Steam release! So please keep your eyes out for that.

We're really not sure what our next project will be. We've got some ideas but we're waiting to see how it all pans out.

Thanks for taking the journey with us (and tolerating this really long thread!)

Nym

Version 0.161 - 1-15-2021
  • New scene art added
  • Added new dialogue lines to some of the cove residents after the final siege
  • Added a new Rondo segment to the Monastery chapter, in which the player can learn new things about the church and some of the supporting characters there
  • Added a book in Aster Village with historical details about the crater
  • Recruitable NPC Bandon is now useable during the siege & has new dialogue
  • Adjusted a number of lines through the game for added context and better continuity
  • Fixed a couple of lingering small portraits during combat
  • Fixed an issue where Moon doesn’t correctly check for clovers to craft potion of plenty
  • Fixed some typos
  • Myerte will now correctly appear on the monument if she falls during the siege
  • Fixed some poorly-converted dialogue from smart text to plain-text & resized one of the Vincent and Gertrude scenes
  • Fixed a tile and passability error in the post-siege residential area
  • Made it impossible for NPCs to enter the doorframes of certain rooms to avoid them getting stuck for long periods

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: v0.162!

Hey folks, got another new release fresh out of the oven with some cool new content and a couple of important bug fixes.

As you might have seen last week, we're coming up on total completion, and at this stage, besides addressing bug reports, I'm just adding fun bonus content and making little improvements while I wait for the artists and voice actors to wrap up.

I'm shooting for a March release, so fingers-crossed all my assets are wrapped up in time. I won't set an official date until I have it all, but it shouldn't be much longer.

Until then, I'll keep adding and improving and fixing!

- Nym

Version 0.162 - 1-22-2021

• Added a new hidden area in the Isle of Deer with a special reward
  • Gertrude can fix the reward for Mercy’s personal use, or
  • Belka can optionally use the reward, which increases her stats in the final siege
  • Added a new Leite scene for the [Keep Struggling] ending route
  • Dietrich can be found later in the game if he was not recruited early on, which makes the Aklas quest completable for a reward
  • Added a variety of new stat-requirement hidden treasures to the game
  • Made new grassy-door sprites for Aster Village
  • Improved the Witchdale mapping
  • The cove docks map in the outro is now different depending on the cove’s resourcefulness
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to crash into a wall in the Mubarek theater and get bounced into an object
  • Fixed a possible portrait-related crash after the battle with Franz
  • Fixed a passability issue on the 2nd siege planning room from version 161
  • Mercy now pays Dietrich 300 gold from the cove fund for his services if she chooses to resist his essence
  • Fixed a move route issue when attempting to enter the Forbidden Tent in the cove before investigating it
  • Fixed an issue with the Moon Shard incorrectly reducing Orus’s Defense by 500 (?!) instead of 5

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Alpha & Weekly Release: v0.163!

WELCOME, one & all, to the last alpha release before launch (most likely)! Alpha releases will probably still continue after launch for a while to get people trying out bonus content, but in a different form; for instance, it might be like a build you have to opt into via Steam.

A lot of nice little things have been added or improved since the last alpha release to be sure, but since just last week, we have entered what I am calling the Fun Zone, where bug reports have more or less stopped coming in, content is essentially wrapped up, and I am just adding fun bonus content while I wait for assets.

The Fun Zone will continue for the next couple of weeks, along with lots of quality assurance, as I prepare for a hopeful March release.

Somewhere between now and then, I'll also have to figure a lot of things out, like how to launch a game(?) & whether it's going to launch with achievements or whether I should implement those later (or if it's even possible). There's also a chance implementing achievements could break save files, so we'll have to wait and see.

There is a lot of work to do if I am going to launch on time, and I'm sort of in denial about it all at the moment! Anyway, this alpha will be going up as the pre-release build on Steam after the weekend and as long as no bugs are found before then, so expect to see the store page some time next week. It's actually already finished, just waiting on the package before it can go live.

Exciting stuff! The best way to keep your finger on the pulse of all these goings-on is probably to join the Discord ( ) or follow along on Twitter ( ).

Until then!

You can get the alpha build by becoming a patron. The older public build is still available. Both are available at

Version 0.163 - 1-29-2021
  • Added new NSFW scene art
  • Added new voice lines to Leite’s outro scene
  • Added new easter egg NPCs
  • Added new hidden items
  • Added a public library to Carvannah noble district (WIP)
  • Improved some combat animations
  • Added TOM, THE STRONGEST MAN ALIVE (optional super tough Marlan fight)
  • Re-rendered battle backgrounds for better picture quality & optimization (+ reduced file size)

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: 1.0????!!!! (0.164 also)

Hi everyone, tonight's launch is going to be the official 1.0 Steam release (assuming nothing catches on fire tonight), which is really scary and exciting.

However, I'm going to maintain the 0.x number scheme at the same time while I release weekly builds coming up to the Steam launch. Reason-being, I have to submit a build for approval to Steam before I can officially launch the page, so (slaps hood of build), I'm submitting this bad boy.

Once the game officially launches on Steam, all the weekly builds between now and then will be rolled into a day-1 patch (something like version 1.01).

Hope that makes sense to everyone! I've got a lot of new art coming out this week and more to come later, so I'm not out of the woods just yet.

I've also got some Mercy voice lines coming in soon, and I'm absolutely determined to make those szarva game pieces do something before I perish.

Anyway, that's where I'm at. For weekly patrons, things won't seem much different for a while as I keep cranking out builds every Friday. I hope you like 'em.

- Nym

Version 1.0/0.164 - 2-5-2021

• Added four brand new pieces of NSFW scene art
  • Added a whole bunch of knowledge to the library in Carvannah
  • Updated the title screen with new designs
  • It is no longer possible to skip the opening chapter
  • The opening splash screens are now skippable with 1 button press
  • A “Quit” option has been added to the main menu for people on certain devices with only 1 USB who are using a controller (like a surface pro)
  • Rockhide Eels are now skinnable for their hides, which can be crafted into gauntlets or a helm by Meghan in the renovated throne room
  • Added an 18+ splash screen on startup
  • When entering the Carvannah Library with Beatrix, she will read all the tomes to Mercy (given the circumstances)
  • Fixed an issue where a secret fish was consumable & had no sale value
  • Slightly modified font color palette
  • Adjusted an image flickering scene to reduce instances where PCs slower to render images could result in reference error
  • Changed menu, cancellation and confirmation sound effects to be more pleasing on the ears
  • Every chapter you read in the library grants skill points!

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Steam Store Launch!

Hi everyone, I'm excited to announce the approval and official launch of our Steam store page:

The release date is set for March 12th. We hope you're excited, and we hope you like our new trailer.

Check out the store, slap it on your wish list, share it with your friends, share it with your partners, etc.

It's finally happening!

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

New Release: version 0.165!

Hey folks, sending out a new release to the world, even if it's not a huge one.

This week has largely been a flurry of activity, not least of which the Steam Store ( ) (now live), the website ( ) (now also live) and the Patreon page (which was locked for having "implied nudity" on public posts but is now restored after a number of edits were made).

I think there are something like 76 attainable members of the cove now (though not all attainable in the same playthrough), which is ludicrous when I think of how much work goes into adding just 1 person to that whole complex operation.

The latest member, Tom, is cool, but there's still more I want to write up on this particular character, so expect to see more of him next week. Anyway, did I mention the release date is set?!

March 12th. Keep your eye on the prize. Also be sure to add our game to the wishlist on Steam. Until then, enjoy this new build!

Take care,
Nym

Become a patron or try the public build at

Version 1.01/0.165 - 2-12-2021

• Added TOM, THE STRONGEST MAN ALIVE to the cove & siege planning room
  • Added a new scene to the final moments of the game
  • Added new image-scrolling functionality for some new high res scene art pieces added that are larger than the game window
  • Fixed a rough transition from Leite’s tent
  • Fixed a rock overlay on the Neresalem outro cutscene
  • Fixed an issue where the “reject cycle” outro could transfer to the wrong version of the docks

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

LAUNCH DAY!!!

We're now officially live on Steam!

Tell your friends, tell your moms... WE'VE FINALLY DONE IT! Get your copy now!

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
Patch_1.1.1_Promo.png

Daughter of Essence is now 25% off in the Steam Summer Sale!

Link to Steam Patch Notes:

We're also part of this Shady Bundle!

Link to Shady Games Bundle:

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So what does the game offer fetish-wise? You can see from the images it has F/F, but not much more.
Does it have F/M? Consensual or non-consensual? Game Over scenes? Monster sex? Femdom / Maledom?

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
So what does the game offer fetish-wise? You can see from the images it has F/F, but not much more.
Does it have F/M? Consensual or non-consensual? Game Over scenes? Monster sex? Femdom / Maledom?
There are no non-consensual scenes (to Game Over is to die), but there are dozens of different kinks featured between male, female, futanari, and some non-human or monster characters. There's a little something for everyone, and virtually all scenes are optional.

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score
Version 1.2 Promo.png

New Content Update!

Hi everyone, long time no see! I'm very pleased to report that a new content update has gone live today featuring a long list of improvements, fixes and even brand new content, including Steam Achievements!

At some point later today (soon, I think!), the Steam Winter Sale will start and the game will also be 33% off, in case for whatever reason you didn't yet own a copy on Steam.

I'm very grateful to everyone who has remained a supporter until now. This may be the last content update to Daughter of Essence for a good long while, since I would like to work on something else for a while. But who knows what the future holds? The fact that so many of you all here at all is still really incredible to me.

Thank you,
Nym

Find us on Steam at

Version 1.2 - 12-22-2021
  • Added new armored Mercy portraits and sprites (normal, fishing, riding and battle sprites)!
  • Added Steam Achievements!
  • Added new gauges and an improved HUD to the final siege for better transparency
  • Updated a number of different scenes with new dialogue
  • Performance Improvements
  • Added new voice lines to some of the endings
  • Added a plugin to halt the in-built fast-forward function of RPG Maker during certain cut-scenes (I believe fast-forward was causing image-related crashes on some lower-spec machines. Hopefully we will see much less of these now)
  • Marlan’s Guard-Breaker now correctly removes Stone Spines, making the ejderha fight nicer
  • Fixed an issue where Feodor’s unconscious form would vanish after leaving the Aster manor
  • Fixed an issue where Beatrix scenes could play while in the guest room next door
  • Delilah’s room will now be open immediately after she’s recruited
  • Fixed an issue where Naomi could either miss with Lotus Shot, or else use it on the wrong target
  • Fixed an issue where a line of dialogue could be repeated twice by two separate enemies
  • Van Ritter and company are gone from Witchdale after confronting them
  • Fixed an issue where cocoa beans weren’t previously healing
  • Fixed an issue where the chocolate bar wasn’t properly learned from the recipe book
  • Slightly rebalanced final siege values
  • Fixed an issue where the Dietrich & Moon scene could be triggered after one of them fell in the siege
  • Fixed an issue where the first Vincent & Gertrude scene could be triggered after ch. 8
  • Fixed some portrait-related crashes
  • Implemented ShadyCorner integration
  • Fixed an issue where “Wound Essence” was lost after a respec
  • Some Accessibility mode improvements have been made

OP
IndoorMinotaur
Reputation score

Happy 1-Year Anniversary!

It's already been a year since the release of Daughter of Essence, and by some divine providence, Steam is hosting a big JRPG sale at the same time.

So to celebrate, we're throwing our hat into the ring with the biggest discount yet. And because we're extra nice, Itch is getting the same treatment.

Happy Anniversary! We hope you'll join us!

Steam Link:

Itch Link:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
My apologies, but just to confirm, this game is considered officially released then?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Nah, all good. Moving this thread to the H-Games section.