What's new

Dawn's Light- Bridge

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The bridge of the Dawn's Light is where most of the command decisions go about. The Captain's personal quarters are attached directly to.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dawn's Light- Bridge

The transporter arrived at the bridge and Adria stepped out with her companion. "Michael, someone here wishes to speak to you."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael waves his left hand over his head half-attentive from his command chair "Who is it?" he asks, beeping sounds being released with each key press "I'm trying to figure out how to work this ship from here."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"A Fleet Command Lieutenant sent by Admiral Holt. You might want to try the program I added in there too that shows how to operate key systems."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, bring him in." Michael says, the keyboard disappearing as he stands "I want to know why Holt decided to send an officer over here. We can handle the situation just fine with my squad at the helm." he says, the Lieutenant stepping forward and clearing his throat "I came to make sure a renegade such as yourself didn't wreck our newest ship." the Lieutenant says, a smirk on his face "Well.......Fleet Command can shove that stuff. Here, you answer only to those higher in rank aboard the ship. You aren't under the command of the Fleet anymore." Michael says with a chuckle "If you don't like the way I run things, then you can scamper back to your masters at FC. I'm sure they'll give you a treat for the contents of this conversation." Michael says, obviously trying to push the Lieutenant's buttons "I understand your rules. I'm here under order from Holt, not Command. Flight Lieutenant Isaac, at your service." Isaac says, saluting and standing at attention "Very good. Adria, show him how to fly the ship. I need to get back to routing commands to my chair." Michael says, saluting Isaac and smiling as he sits down in his chair and resumes typing

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well. Lieutenant if you'd follow me over here please, these are the flight controls."

She leads him over to the port side wall, lined with several consoles. "Alright, these panels control all forms of propulsion, including the hyper-drive. It operates based on spacial coordinates and movements relative in space. For example, a course of zero zero zero mark zero would move us straight up."

She takes the next ten to fifteen minutes to fully explain the rest of the system, running through a simulation program showing everything on a display screen there. Finally she adds, "in the event of a major emergency, the control chair can also be used to control almost every key system of the ship by thought. Although it does require a focused mind to do that."

It suddenly occurs to her what Michael had been saying earlier and she looks back over to him. "Sir, you may want to just try sitting in the chair and using your mind to access the root directory for all commands there, everything should already be patched into the chair, it's just a matter of opening your mind to them."

This might also get the Lieutenant curious as to how the ship seemed to respond to her so easily, and how she knew so much about it for someone who hadn't been on it more then five hours already.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael sighs as he hears her suggestion, the keyboard disappearing as he leans back in the chair and closes his eyes, his mind focusing as the Lieutenant wonders "How do you know so much, Adria?" he asks, looking over at the flight controls "So it essentially flies like a Carrier or a Frigate? Perfect." he says, looking over at Michael who seems to be smiling broadly "Is something the matter sir?" "No. Everything is perfect! It's like all the knowledge is flowing into my head. This ship is wonderful!" he says, his eyes still closed as a comm channel opens and a female voice comes over the radio "Dawn's Light, this is USLD Headquarters. I trust the Lieutenant is there with you?" "I'm here, Alisha. The Captain is busy at the moment. What do you need?" "Isaac, make sure to give them the AI chip. If I'm right, a ship that big will need an on-board AI to manage everything. HQ out." "Miss Adria, I'm going to need your help. Each USLD vessel has an AI on-board to help assess damage done to the ship and help organize mission reports submitted to the computer. This one's name is Virgil. His personality is very laid-back, but he is one of the most efficient AI we have. He was just transferred from the Ironguard." Isaac says, pulling a small chip out of his right trouser pocket

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a brief moment before Adria replied. "The race that built this ship... during my... alterations in the past I was infused with a significant amount of their DNA. As such, I have some genetic memory of some of their technology, and when we came across this ship, it was as if a dormant part of me took over. It's sort of like setting eyes on something or someone and both parties instantly mesh together as if they'd known each other for years. Hard to describe it really, but it has something to do with my having their DNA in me."

She thinks for a moment then nods. "Alright, we'll have to write a subroutine program to allow the ship systems to recognize the AI as friendly. Anything like that entering would normally be destroyed by the internal defenses, it's probably why the fallen couldn't get around the DNA interface. At least until I got here."

She frowns at this then says, "I almost wonder if they KNEW I was going to be here. They hardly attacked us until after I'd activated the ship."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Should anyone happen to be looking around, they'd see that the man they'd found, the "resident mute" as Michael had put it, seemed to be looking around for something. Occasionally, he'd stop and look over a control panel, but he never seemed to quite find what he seemed to be looking for.

((Hope I put this in the right place. And if someone thinks about what he might be looking for, there is a way for Omega to communicate, even without his vocal cords functioning.))

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Then let's get to work" Isaac says, handing Adria the chip and clasping both his hands together "Can't wait to try and fly this thing." he says, Michael scoffing as he leans forward and stands up out of the chair, noticing Omega "What are you looking for, Omega?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Omega raises a hand, and mimics typing with it. He still continues looking while he does this.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Agreed."

She gets to work with him, writing a program for the AI to interface with.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael thinks, then sits down and motions for Omega, the holographic keyboard appearing "Have at it." he says, moving his hands, causing the hologram to turn for Omega to access it "It's directly linked into the ship. Everything in the database is here." he says, a screen appearing a bit above the keyboard

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Omega moves over, then types a message in. Just trying to find something I can used to communicate, sir. Vocal cords still haven't decided to start working again.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah. I see." Michael says, looking over at the two working on the AI interface "How long until it is done? We can't take a breather until we have that AI to monitor the ship." he says, standing once again and this time grasping his crutch "Omega. Try and inform those two of everything you know about this ship. Adria, if combat breaks out you have the bridge. Though I highly doubt it." he says, walking towards the door to his quarters "I'm going to lay down. Inform me when the AI is ready."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Omega shrugs, then types out a message for the two he'd been told to assist. I'm afraid there's not much that I know about this ship. The internal layout, which you likely already have, is the extent of my knowledge.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ten more minutes and we should have it. I'm being certain all the security protocols are rewritten to accept our AI, and no other ones."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isaac works furiously at the keyboard, amazed at the aspects of the ship "This ship is just amazing. All kinds of defenses. Not a single backdoor in it's programming. If Virgil were to try and interface, he's be destroyed in seconds." he says, still typing furiously

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Adria nodded. "They were a highly advanced species for sure. Makes you wonder though what happened to them that we've not seen or heard anything from them in a long time though."

She continues working and finally finishes her program. "Alright, we're in business here. The ship systems will recognize Virgil as friendly, and no other AI or program that's foreign. Virgil will have full access and be able to make changes if he needs to for any of the ships systems."

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've told him that he's not to follow anyone else's orders. He should do alright once the interface is fully functional." Isaac says, nodding to Adria who has the chip to go ahead "Once the interface is complete, we should wake up Michael." he says, still concentrating on making sure everything was running smoothly