What's new

Deleted thread?

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I'm trying to find any sort of info on the game " " in English, and I did find an archived thread on this site through Google (only 1 page though, but there are 4 listed), and I can't find any info anywhere else.

Was the thread here deleted? Why? Could I make a new one? If not, can anyone point me to a guide or something, there's quite a bit of dialogue in this, it gets tedious not knowing what to do at certain points.

P.S. How would one remove a stats window inside a RPG maker game? My ITH keeps getting filled up with useless text.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
The thread did not follow the new rules for OPs and that is why it was deleted. You are more than welcome to make a new thread however we now have standards which threads must pass in order to remain. You can find the standards in the rules thread and in one of the announcement threads.

OP
E

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The thread did not follow the new rules for OPs and that is why it was deleted. You are more than welcome to make a new thread however we now have standards which threads must pass in order to remain. You can find the standards in the rules thread and in one of the announcement threads.
Not to dispute your answer or anything, but the thread design rule is months newer than the game thread (rule thread - November, game thread - July or older) in question.

I just find it a shame that four pages of discussion were deleted (it's not like it was 60 pages of spam or derailed stuff), instead of archived or locked, making them completely inaccessible (google cache has deleted it apparently).

I'll see about making a new thread.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
No that's a perfectly fair counterpoint. We went into this restructure knowing there would be a divide in the information offered between old and new threads, so we also implemented a standard for threads that had been created before the new rules (less strict, basically anything that told us what the game was would qualify). That thread did not even meet the lowered standards so it was then put on a list to be deleted.

Once the game reached the deletion cycle (because deleting everything at once wouldn't have given users much time) any users who had the thread watched, as well as the OP were informed that it had been moved into the H-section and would be deleted after two weeks. If the thread had been updated to reach those bare minimum standards by anyone, it would have been spared the deletion cycle.

I should mention that this should all be common knowledge, a global announcement was made and Dark's announcement thread gets updates about the situation at least every two weeks.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hmm. I feel like throwing in my two cents here. I know this has been going on for a while now but lately I'm seeing a lot of posts in threads discussing other threads being deleted. At the very least, I hope there is no third pass for threads being deleted.

I do have some concerns of my own, mostly because of how a lot of information is getting lost in the process in the name of "tidying things up" around here. And that means hundreds of informative posts are being lost because 1 post wasn't up to "standard," and I feel that's a shame.

I know standards are a thing that we're trying to uphold around here, but on the other hand, there's something to be said for the loss of information that goes along with deleting threads outright. For example, I recently learned the thread for one of my favorite threads got deleted because of the first post not being up to standard. Yet that thread wasn't even 10 pages long and the entire thread was judged by 1 post. There were several posts asking questions and people answered those questions, because certain sections of the game were ambiguous. Yet still, there were other posts giving saves (as per usual), and someone even gave a walkthrough inside the thread. I even made my own custom mod for a few cosmetic changes, and now it's all gone.

And I wasn't even aware it got moved off for deletion because it wasn't getting activity of late, and it's probably because there was nothing new to talk about as of late. Perhaps it's my own fault because of a few reasons. I visit daily, so that's no excuse, but that's also a reason why I don't use the "watch" feature and follow threads. And it's probably my own fault for not heading over to the cleanup section like, ever, but as the song goes, "you never knew what you had till it's gone." (Full disclosure: I'm not even sure where it's located, although I assume it's one level up from Hentai Games. I actually have the Hentai Games forum bookmarked because it's the only place in ULMF I visit.) I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I'm sure not everyone visits daily, or has the time or energy to put forward every week of the year.

Not saying tidying up isn't a bad thing, but outright deleting entire threads because the first post was bad has always been a bit extreme in my mind. I've never been for it, save for my own personal bias against "Cut and Pastreaon" threads, which in my opinion are spam.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
I do have some concerns of my own, mostly because of how a lot of information is getting lost in the process in the name of "tidying things up" around here. And that means hundreds of informative posts are being lost because 1 post wasn't up to "standard," and I feel that's a shame.
So this is the key point everybody keeps missing that I have reiterated multiple times already: This is just as much an exercise in forcing people to start putting forth a better effort towards posting as it is creating a standard. This means it is on the user to keep on top of the rules, contribute to the forum with meaningful content, and self-police.

The fact that people are getting upset over losing valuable information about games, while also being informed about the deletions on a bi-weekly basis, and still refusing to write like five sentences for any thread they may want to save, just tells me that those threads were something not, in fact, things that the community wanted to save.

People were really on board with the idea of tightening up the rules around here until they realized that it applied to all the threads that existed prior to it as well, and then suddenly they're calling the rules too strict, even though we've already been applying a laxer standard on pre-existing threads.

I've said it in a different thread, and I'll say it here: I'm not going to half-ass the effort to clean up this place. This should have been done years ago, which I admit is my own fault, but a modicum of effort in every thread was always expected and just because it hadn't been enforced doesn't mean the standard didn't exist.

Your point about one post being the single failure point for a thread's existence is valid, but isn't enough to excuse the fact that:
A) Everybody has been told for four months straight that threads were being moved to the H-Section for deletion.

B) I've only been asking people to just answer the question "What is this game about, in terms of gameplay?" with one decent paragraph. The amount of effort you spent in that post is more than the amount of effort we've been asking to update any given thread in the H-Section. In fact, the amount of effort people have been spending to complain about the rules has been more than enough to write a description for a game slated for deletion.

C) Just because one post is the one being judged for a thread's standing, doesn't mean that it is the responsibility of one person to fix it. Since the beginning, I have said that ANYBODY could PM me or another mod to fix it. Slicer and I have personally seen threads in that section still being posted in, despite the fact that they've already been informed that it is going to be deleted. Even if you personally missed the memo, there are people who are actively ignoring the warnings we've been giving. These people who are actively contributing to those threads can easily write up an OP and save the thread, and yet choose not to.

I also took the liberty of looking up what thread you were talking about. The Hasumi thread was moved to the H-Section in the second half of November. That was when the number of threads to be deleted each cycle was already drastically reduced to one page of threads. In other words, you literally just needed to go to the H-Section, take a cursory glance at the small list of threads being deleted, and write a small description. All threads moved for deletion always have a notification attached that it was moved due to lack of info in the OP. So I'm sorry, but short of me personally messaging you that this exact thread was moved, I've already given you and everybody else on the forum ample notice that it was going to be deleted.

I'm more than willing to listen to how we can better inform people about the changes, but I'm not going to back down on these measures. The mods and I have done far more than our part of the bargain by constantly informing people about updates to rules, reasons for thread deletions, etc. All I asked for the community to do was at least try to put forth more effort in posting, and yet here we are, with at least one person a day getting banned for link begging, one thread a day being deleted because the OP wrote one sentence about the game, and one more strand of my patience coming undone.

At the very least, I hope there is no third pass for threads being deleted.
I will admit that this was a bit underhanded of me to do, but in my defense, the only reason we've started making second checks on threads is because the rewrite attempts people were giving us were so low-effort, that there may as well have been no change to the OP whatsoever. It is my fault for being so lax in okay-ing all those rewrites in the beginning, but the things people wrote frankly did not reflect any of the effort that I've been asking for. The fact that people are still trying to pass off machine-translated DLSite info as an OP tells me that if I hadn't gone for the second pass, people would just start assuming that the standard I'm asking for is to just post threads that are made up of entirely copy-paste information written majorly in broken, machine-translated English, or threads that just say "it's a classical RPG. Does anybody know how to get past the second dungeon?".

Fun fact: that Hasumi thread you're talking about was one of those threads that just copy-pasted the DLSite info.

Here's my endrant:

I seriously can't stop reiterating this: we are not asking people to write essays on games. Just explain what the game is about. This is not hard. This does not require any more than 5-10 minutes of your time. You and others keep saying that you simply don't have the time to fix all these threads. I don't know anybody's lives or how much free time they have, and I am still going to be so bold as to say that is utter bullshit.

I have literally timed myself doing this process for one particular user who was having serious trouble comprehending what could possibly be missing from their thread that I would slate it for deletion: I downloaded the game's demo, played it for a little while, then wrote up two paragraphs of information that explained how to play the game. It took me all of twenty minutes, excluding download time (Note: about eight of those minutes was spent mashing on my keyboard to skip the intro cutscenes). And this was me going in from being completely ignorant about the game to writing the thread. I would imagine anybody who would be interested in preserving a thread would ALREADY know the basic information necessary to write an OP.

I get it; people have lives. People are busy. There's better stuff you could be doing than trying to improve the state of some online adult community. But if you're coming to a hentai games forum with the intent on gathering info on a game and spending time playing an H-game, you've clearly got at least SOME time to kill.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, I think some peoples will hate me for saying this, but most thread got deleted due to the members laziness / lackadaisical attitude.
Yes, no one can do everything, but how many thread have been deleted after spending 2 weeks in the hentai-to-be-deleted section ? How many of them where having actual discussion still going on with many post in them during that time ?
- plenty

And yet, it's not as if it was an impossible feat to keep an eye on thing.

I don't know about others members, but personally every time there was a new batch of thread to be deleted, I took the time to check every thread in it to see what I wanted to keep - either because I liked / was interested in the work or though it was worth saving for the amount of date in the thread.
Even the 5 pages deletion batch took less than 15 mins to manually check every single thread to identify the game. 15 mins out of 2 week is nothing (ok, everyone has some time in life with no spare time, but out of the community ? There always peoples with time for this).

Not taking the time to check the thread and update them is a lack of effort. Yes, sometime I had to get back the game from my backup HD to replay it enough to write something.
But I decide to take the time for it because I though saving data for the community was worth the time / trouble.

Getting a thread deleted when he got lot of data isn't a nice thing to happen, but when it's done, it's past time to complaint. It's time to dry your tear, learn the lesson and recreate the thread to exchange data again.

I'm embarrassed to see how many peoples have turn to other game of the circle thread to ask question of use the translation thread instead of the making a new thread for the game.

Yes, I know many peoples are sometime lazy, especially lurker (I've been one too, I know how it goes).

Not agreeing with some change of rule is one thing. I got nothing against it, and I thing peoples have the right to comment and ask for modification of the change (not that it will be forced to happen). But until the ruling is changed (if it happen), it's like the law, you ought to stick to the rule...

Better to spend 15 mins getting through the thread to see was is going to be deleted, 5 mins downloading the trial / installing the game anew , 30 mins playing to get back the story / gameplay in mind and a few minutes to writhe the new OP. Better than losing x years worth of data, no ?

Well, apparently, with the number of delete thread, seem the answer is - sadly - clear -_-

Oh, and I'm not targetting anyone, because I don't know what peoples are doing, it's just about the community as a whole.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I've yet to weigh in publicly on this, at least on the forum so I guess it's about time.

I don't feel a single ounce of sympathy for any of you or any of the threads that got deleted.
I'm embarrassed to see how many peoples have turn to other game of the circle thread to ask question of use the translation thread instead of the making a new thread for the game.
Now this is worrying, users derailing threads is a serious problem.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
This is a part of the reason why we've changed the process for how new threads that fail to meet the standard are deleted. Now OPs are given a chance to correct what is wrong with them by being moved to the hentai section and having a mod post what is needed.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OPs having lost interest in the games? Granted, it would be nice of them to point it out.

and still could use a "draft thread" of sort, Helping making new one, and maybe helping with the abandoned/orphaned thread.

and nor sure if the rules have been patched for very long games titles (character limits).

Edit: and as a side note, I noticed that for older threads, there are repeats for who made them (like lazycat)

Anyone can offer up a new OP, we want to save/keep threads. I will take literally any OP that meets the standards.

If you want to start a thread like that you're more than welcome to, I had thought to do so but realized I'm not quite sure what to put in it, I'm not a teacher and I don't know how to be one. Another thing is I don't want to have to deny ideas because people are being lazy or don't understand and copy/pasting what I've put down, and after what I've seen I can say for certain that at some point that would happen

For this I'd taken to putting the full title in the thread with something shortened enough to fit all the info in the title bar. Only ran into a couple and because we're not forcing people to input BOTH English and Native (much to my chargrin, but I understand) we shouldn't run into a problem wide-spread enough to warrant a rule change.

Uhhhh, I marked the duplicate threads I noticed for the most part but it was alot of threads to go through so if you find any please let us know and we'll see what to do about them.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh, that's because the same people made alot of OPs, something around maybe 4-5 people ended up making a significant portion of the threads here.

Eggxyy

Reputation score
I have many regrets not playing the game stated by the OP when the thread containing an english guide was up.

Edit: link in thumbnail is the dead thread in question

Attachments

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
All it would take is a little time and effort on your part and you could have a brand new thread for it, possibly seeing a re-post of that guide ;)

Eggxyy

Reputation score
According to my save, I must've followed it till about halfway, then left it for months.
Now that the thread is dead, I don't remember how I got there in the first place.

I doubt there is but it won't hurt ask.
Is there a way to recover a thread temporarily just to see a snapshot?
Tried waybackmachine to no avail.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Probably not. Why would I even check though? Nobody thought that thread was worth the effort of updating the OP. What would it achieve anyway?

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Probably not. Why would I even check though? Nobody thought that thread was worth the effort of updating the OP. What would it achieve anyway?
In their defense, not everyone can tell when a thread gets moved.

And then if it get deleted before they realized it (since not everyone check the threads of every old game all the time), poof, gone, everything.

Hmmm, any chance of just making a sort of subforum for threads that have enough info to be worth preserving (guides/walkthrough, troubleshooting help, etc) but nobody's updating the OP to it the new criteria?
Like, instead of deleting the thread outright, close the thread saying that it doesn't fit the new guideline, and if anyone want to continue discussing in the thread, write up a proper OP to revive it, otherwise it's just a read-only.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I wouldn't be the person to talk to about that. Though my vote's for no, so I guess that's a good thing for yous guys.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I would write or help write OPs for a lot of games but usually I either don't bother to play the game, use cheats to beat the game (thus bypassing gameplay) or use saves or cg rippers to skip the content and view the images. This naturally means I can't write an OP for a lot of these games.

I know what I think don't count for shit, but would it not be possible to simply lock the thread if its OP fails to meet standards and shove it in a sub forum called threads that need OPs? That way these threads can be revived when people actually have the time and interest to take care of them. It just seems odd that we're completely destroying the threads and all content within due what appears to be the OP writer's inability to predict the future and bystander syndrome. Some people might not even be aware you could write the OP to save the thread, I only learned you could do that recently.

Last but not least, instead of simply moving the thread, could you please post in the thread itself reminding everyone subscribed that the thread will be killed if no one does anything?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Pretty sure the bulk of the list has already gone through the shredder.

Did nobody read the global notification? Have none of you read Dark's announcement thread? Taken a look at the rules recently??

There's a point where I can no longer accept ignorance as a valid defense, for a reasonable and more tolerant person this is in a different spot so we'll go with that one; when it becomes apparent that said ignorance is willful. If you're sticking your head in the sand so you don't have to hear any news you can't then claim "I didn't know" as if that somehow absolves you of any wrongdoing or inaction.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Hmmm, any chance of just making a sort of subforum for threads that have enough info to be worth preserving (guides/walkthrough, troubleshooting help, etc) but nobody's updating the OP to it the new criteria?
Like, instead of deleting the thread outright, close the thread saying that it doesn't fit the new guideline, and if anyone want to continue discussing in the thread, write up a proper OP to revive it, otherwise it's just a read-only.
I know what I think don't count for shit, but would it not be possible to simply lock the thread if its OP fails to meet standards and shove it in a sub forum called threads that need OPs? That way these threads can be revived when people actually have the time and interest to take care of them. It just seems odd that we're completely destroying the threads and all content within due what appears to be the OP writer's inability to predict the future and bystander syndrome. Some people might not even be aware you could write the OP to save the thread, I only learned you could do that recently.
Once again, and for the last time, you are all missing the point. The deletions are not just happening because the OPs are poorly written. The deletions are happening because I am forcing you all to actually give a damn about having some standards. There have been biweekly announcements, a global announcement, multiple threads of discussion, Discord discussions, private messages and alerts to thread watchers and OPs, and even PM conversations with moderators for some people, ALL telling the forum that threads are being deleted. If you guys are paying so little attention that you are missing every single one of these messages and/or refuse to put any effort in saving the threads, then all you're telling me is that either these threads are not worth saving or you don't care about not making this place a shithole.

Do you all really think I haven't thought about just locking threads or moving them to a different place? That I went straight for the nuclear option without considering something less drastic? This is an ultimatum I'm issuing to everybody because it's clear the vast majority of you have stopped caring: Either start taking better care of this place, or start losing threads.

Also,

Last but not least, instead of simply moving the thread, could you please post in the thread itself reminding everyone subscribed that the thread will be killed if no one does anything?