What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Devil's Office] SHRIFT 2 (RJ318368)

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
RJ318368_ana_img_main.jpg
DLsite Link:
Author's PIXIV:
Author's Ci-en:
Link to Previous Game Thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/devils-office-shrift-rj209839.11163/

Release:
November 17, 2022

Description of Gameplay:
While details are sparse currently due to the language barrier, this game will very likely follow the formula of the previous: making your way through a monster girl infested wasteland with puzzle solving for a specific goal and combat focused on temptation and reverse-rape scenarios.

Controls:
Follows the same control scheme as the previous game: standard RPG maker controls.

Story:
The previous game focused on a young man waking up from a coma and making his way to resistance base while being assailed by demons and a mysterious organization. The story will likely pick up in the same world, and may have a similar theme.

Fetishes:
Reverse Rape, monster girls, temptation, battle rape.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
March? Of this year?
Hasn't he only shown like two enemies?

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Big Update regarding

So I MTL'd some of the info and I'll post it here. First regarding completion status:
  • Around the system (90%) → After that, detailed work such as error removal
  • Scenario text (50%) → Chat around my room is still
  • Night depth (squeezing scene) → 90% (almost all)
  • Kagejo (squeezing scene) → 30% (only the scenes necessary for the progress of the main story are completed)
  • Cat-sìth (squeezing) → 30% (only the scenes necessary for the progress of the main story are completed)
I'd like to release the trial version in time for February, but I wonder if it's not possible while drawing the squeezing scene.
Apparently Yafuka (the black catgirl from EX4 and the DLC of Shrift 1.) already has 56 "scenes." This includes the variations and stuff though so it's not like 56 full scenes.
Now that they moved to video those 56 scenes are 46 MB, while just the pink bed scene for Daiji was over 150 MB.

Apparently they're pretty happy with the move to RPG Maker MV for just this one feature.

You can strengthen your enemies through energy drain.
In the dungeon diving section there are some monsters that will perform energy drain even though they're not heroines. Think Aconitium from SHRIFT 1. If they get your sperm they'll get stronger.

SHRIFT already has a lot of carryover data when it comes to saving so I'm not sure I'm a big fan of being able to permanently fuck yourself difficulty wise due to bad luck or RNG.
Well... people with the energy drain fetish can go ham.

But... this feature also includes the demon girls. So yeah... you can make them really strong to the point that they one-shot you. But you can easily reset their level so it's probably a mostly cosmetic thing? If they are on your side who cares if they one shot you during their scene.

There's also a new feature where you can set their animation when you're looking at them in the encyclopedia. While looking through the encyclopedia, at their stats, their info, and how much you've been squeezed, you can set the background animation that displays to any of the unlocked scenes you have. It's a superfluous feature that adds an element of casual sex. Apparently some girls will even be able to drain you in the menu.

Friendship is described.
In SHRIFT 1, leveling up friendship with a girl granted you unique items.
In SHRIFT 2, you don't get unique items, you just get random items, and you can basically level this up indefinitely. It drops when you receive a gift, and you can level it back up to 100 again to get another gift.

If you take what that means, it means that they're going pretty hard on the idea that you can just choose one or 2 girls you really like and just stick with them, while not suffering on a gameplay level. The girls in SHRIFT 2 are much less monstrous than SHRIFT 1 though, so I'll probably be a fan of more of the girls in 2 than I was in 1.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The girls in SHRIFT 2 are much less monstrous than SHRIFT 1 though, so I'll probably be a fan of more of the girls in 2 than I was in 1.
"Cowards can't fuck cowgirls"

I like the idea of not having to invest material bonding, but I feel like it would take away the attachment I'd have to the characters. I'm concerned they'll just feel like flavor text if I get what I want right off the bat.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
"Cowards can't fuck cowgirls"

I like the idea of not having to invest material bonding, but I feel like it would take away the attachment I'd have to the characters. I'm concerned they'll just feel like flavor text if I get what I want right off the bat.
No you can still give gifts and bond with them with sex.
They just give random items, not unique items.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ah gotcha.
Yeah that sounds fair.
Still need to beat all the EX enemies and the final from the first game-- then I'm definitely stoked for the new one...
... Except for maybe the art style with the POV foxgirl. Not sure why, but the art direction doesn't match his other mobs.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The girls in SHRIFT 2 are much less monstrous than SHRIFT 1 though, so I'll probably be a fan of more of the girls in 2 than I was in 1.
Made me sad, personally, as this is a monster girl game and it kind of annoys me when someone's like "Hey, look, she's uh... got like bee coloring I guess, so bee girl! And this her? See her slitted eyes, but otherwise she's 100% human? Yeah, lizard girl!" To be fair, the first game leaned a lot harder in one direction, but I still thought it was interesting.

That said, at this point I'll practically buy anything from this developer.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I coulda sworn back when Shrift 2 first started he was designing some creatures. Personally even as far as a degenerate as I am now I can't fap to fucking that dog girl or rabbit, too far on the furry spectrum that it felt like bestiality I guess. The mermaid and the Lampa's were interesting, hope we see more designs like that. Hope we get to genocide again too, but I think the developer learned his lesson not to petition to psychopath routes anymore...

Lazyrick

Reputation score
If anyone cares to look that shows off the first batches of monsters for Shrift 2.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Makes any entomologist in a 10km radius very sexually confused.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

Information on begging for temptation battles. Remember there's normal combat against monster mooks, and battles against monster girls.
Again, this is all from MTL.

Basically you know how SHRIFT 1 had begging commands right? You could "become food" or whatever the other options are.

The begging system has been modified a bit, and I think it's because you can refight all the demons you meet.

There's Spoil 【甘える】. This just makes it so the demon does what she wants. Does this mean random? I don't know. It just says based on what the demon wants and that actually might not be completely random based on other info given.

There's Undress: Just like SHRIFT 1 you can undress. While you have no clothes you take double the pleasure damage.

There's Heart Erosion Begging【心蝕おねだり】. You can use this skill when you're getting squeezed in one of the 3 types of positions. This skill is locked unless you invite the girl to my room or your erosion is high enough. I don't remember hearing much about erosion in this game, so I can't tell you what it all means. Apparently, you can use this skill unconditionally in my room.

There's Propensity Begging 【性癖おねだり】 . Apparently, of the 3 special positions that each girl has, you can beg them to squeeze you in that position if they're obsessed with it. It seems their propensity has to be "crazy" for them to do this though. I can't tell if it's a special scene that only unlocks after a girl has reached a "crazy" propensity in a certain position or if each girl has an immutable propensity that makes it so you get squeezed in the position they like.
Propensity begging is the reason I'm not sure if Spoil is a fully random skill. I'm willing to bet Spoil will be random, but I think it'd be better if it took the heroine's preferences into account.

None of this applies to squeezing monsters that occur in regular non-temptation battles, however; squeezing monsters will get stronger the more they take from you. Considering all you have to do to get out of grabs is button mash tho, I think this is a non-factor.
I still don't like this. I think the artist is working a little too hard here. Every time I see a monster animation I think it's a waste to put all that time and effort to give an animation to a monster when it could go to a heroine instead, and even if it doesn't go to a heroine, the artist is giving himself leeway so he doesn't burn out working too hard.
__

I'm quite interested in this image in particular.
PropensityBegging.jpg

It shows the propensity for the heroine, and the different values. The blogpost kept saying 3 special positions so I guess those are Yafuka's 3 special positions.
I can't read it tho. Is it sexual positions? So facesitting, reverse cowgirl, and sitting.
Or maybe type of scene, foreplay, assault, loving?

I don't know... just guessing on that part.

It would be really be nice to be able to level up propensity because it means there's sexual and emotional progress with the demon girls... but it also means that the demon girls don't have strong individuality since you can just get all propensity to max.

Personally not all that interested in the begging actions though. Never used it in SHRIFT 1 because you could have sex with the girls naturally in My Room, and getting squeezed in battles, has the demerit of heart erosion. MC's Lust also gets to 100 way too fast in battles where the player isn't resisting to even make begging worth it on an erotic level. There's a fundamental issue with begging there and hopefully he finds a way to make it an interesting mechanic that players actually consider.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Male-on-monster is an interesting take, so I'd like to see how it plays out before I judge. I feel like the dev knows they're definitely pushing towards new areas (And thankfully straying away from something completely unforgivable/repulsive)
Teraurge
I'm down to see what they're experimenting with. Considering how they handled Arachne, it should be interesting to see what they come up with.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Male-on-monster is an interesting take, so I'd like to see how it plays out before I judge. I feel like the dev knows they're definitely pushing towards new areas (And thankfully straying away from something completely unforgivable/repulsive)
Teraurge
I'm down to see what they're experimenting with. Considering how they handled Arachne, it should be interesting to see what they come up with.
They've already shown images and animation.

It's basically plant Aconitium, like I said before.
Remember I said monster. Not monster girl. Like full on monster.

Feels like bestiality a bit, and of course no judging. I'm only speaking my opinion that I don't like this content. SHRIFT was the developer that wanted to create more monstrous monster girls when he started. Remember that first standing image of Barghest in episode 1 of SHRIFT. That's his identity. It's his design principles so it's not a surprise that he'd want to do full on monsters.

Even though he said the girls in SHRIFT 2 would be a bit more humanoid they're still quite monstrous. Just not super monstrous. I mean the popular heroines in SHRIFT 1 were the least monstrous so it's probably why he said that, and he's kinda delivering so far.

Shadow Girl, Sheep girl, and Yafuka are all very attractive to me.

Shadow girl is the first girl, and if you compare her to barghest, there's a big difference.

Anyways, if you want to see the new heroine designs, Lazyrick's already posted a link to

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well yeah I said male-on-moster, not male-on-MG.
And yeah, to each their own.
I'm down to see what they do.

Kernog

Reputation score
Personally, I hope he will stay true to his first game's style. When I buy a monster-girls game, I want to see monster girls. Not girls with a paint job and/or some horns and tiny bat wings glued on.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Personally, I hope he will stay true to his first game's style. When I buy a monster-girls game, I want to see monster girls. Not girls with a paint job and/or some horns and tiny bat wings glued on.
They're still pretty monstrous though. When I said less monstrous I mean, less mermaid, spider and probably less flesh iron maiden.
The mothgirl, and lizardgirl especially.

The link has been posted so many times now XD.
Is no one clicking on it?

Fine I'll post the new designs here.

1644058989000.png 1644059020593.png
1644059102340.png 1644059133214.png 1644059191973.png

Kernog

Reputation score
They're still pretty monstrous though. When I said less monstrous I mean, less mermaid, spider and probably less flesh iron maiden.
The mothgirl, and lizardgirl especially.
Yes, I've seen the images. And when I say monster girls, I mean mermaid, spider, and probably flesh iron maiden. The second game designs are still good, of course, but the developer shouldn't be afraid to put in more daring designs as well.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Yes, I've seen the images. And when I say monster girls, I mean mermaid, spider, and probably flesh iron maiden. The second game designs are still good, of course, but the developer shouldn't be afraid to put in more daring designs as well.
Not what you originally said.
Not girls with a paint job and/or some horns and tiny bat wings glued on.
None of the girls are that simple kind of monstergirl.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
None of the girls are that simple kind of monstergirl.
He's referring to the first game, not your images. There were a few here and there that just felt way too under-designed as characters, like Idol-chan and a few of the main demons. I feel like he's trying to get more in touch with more bizarre fetishes, which in all honesty, should be welcomed for people who are into it. alien-like/practically non-human bodies is a rarity with RR scenarios.
As long as it's not Teraurge, the Meg Griffin of my life enjoying ecchi.
That being said, there aren't many MG's this game. I wonder if the dev is getting tired. Hope people on this forum didn't cause him to self-isolate after what they did to him. Dude is a nice guy.