What's new

RPG Maker Digital Decadence - English Adult RPG [DEMO UPDATED]

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello guys. Zombieparrot here. I'm new around here, and after playing a few great adult rpgs found in this forum I decided to share with you guys my own game. Which will be released entirely free. If you're interested in a game with a story filled with intrigue, action and plenty of seduction, I think you might enjoy my creation.
And the best of all... It's completely in english. Pretty cool huh?

DIGITAL DECADENCE

My main focus is telling a compelling story, that is made more interesting by plenty of H scenes.
One thing I've noticed is that most rpgs released are in a sort of medieval/fantasy setting. Being a fan of the cyberpunk genre I set out to build a grimy world with hacking, virtual reality, guns and beautiful women. I hope you'll like it as much as I'm enjoying making it.

I don't want to spoil any of the story, which I'm somewhat proud of. Instead I'll tell you that you will play a guy who wakes up with no memory of who he is or what he was doing. You're going to have to piece together parts of your past, all the while meeting up with a cast of interesting characters... And fucking quite a few of them.

Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments below.

UPDATED Links

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Digital Decadence - English Adult RPG [DEMO RELEASED]

awesome! glad you posted the demo. i'm busy and can't try it right now, but i will at least download so i can get a taste by the end of the day. can't wait for the ntr elements you were talking about in the NTR thread ;)

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd say the demo is "unplayable" ...... Half the sentences get chopped off on the right side of the screen and it's hard to follow ..... Full screen and windowed have the same results.

There's also a weird cropping of words in the menus where a few pixel rows on the letters are missing on the bottom. Same thing on the title screen.

Not trying to be douchey, but it's a demo/beta and crap will happen.

OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's very unfortunate to hear. I assume that's because of the font I'm using, which I wrongfully assumed would transfer seeminglessly.

Since this ia a beta, would you mind if I sent you the correct font and trying again?

EDIT; I apologize for the font problem. I've tried to correct it and updated the game files. I don't have any other pc to test it on, so if someone could download the new files and try it out I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm re-downloading it and will edit this out later with new finds :D

EDIT 1 > Font problem : fixed
Weird menu cropping : nope
demletters.jpg

EDIT 2 > 1st room puzzle game typo : "Try to find out which one is it" should be [it is]
Not really a bug, but when you encounter the 2 shade'd dudes while exiting, when they tell you to stop > you can clip through them and walk a bit.
Right after that, the game tells you to go on down the hal > either you missed an L or the dialog window is too small.
Scene in elevator > "you hear a familiar voice in the elevator intercom", I'd put an ['s] after elevator there.

EDIT 3 > A few things wrong in here [1st house near the cab when you get out > enter > right room downstairs].
Troll cropping's at it again ....... and the dude I'm talking to doesn't have a head .......
Seems you copy/pasted the same room upstairs, same headless dude and dialogue bug are there.

headshot.jpg

Black-ish house near the red house/whore [again in 1st screen when you get out the taxi] > go upstairs > where the downstairs tile is supposed to be, there's a giant black void instead.
Dr. Diana : again the right-hand-chop-chat at work
Neishin got the chat problem too
Seems like most of your downstairs tiles are empty voids

EDIT 4 : You might want to add some talking with Persephone when you select options instead of closing out and nothing happens.
Gun shop > Parabellum needs a capital P, it's copyrighted/patent name
Buying the pistol > no name is shown when our guy talks to the shop owner
Quickmart counter is clippable through

I won't mention the glorious cat-girl placeholder as a bug :cool:
You're missing/troll crop an F in the Kitty-fondle dialogue [around the time she removes her top]
Might wanna put the "Press enter to end demo" a bit further down, it's clipping the Patreon address.

That seems exhaustive enough for a 1st try :D

Last edited:
OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Digital Decadence - English Adult RPG [DEMO UPDATED]

Thank you very much! Your detailed post is better than what I expected. I'll get right on it and correct the numerous bugs you found.

Were you able to try the two side quests and visit the massage parlour?

By the way, yet another edit. Hopefully all the font issue are corrected, as well as plenty of the bugs you mentioned.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not a fan of "vanilla"-H or male-protag games, but Cyberpunk IS my fetish. Will definitely be checking this one out

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you very much! Your detailed post is better than what I expected. I'll get right on it and correct the numerous bugs you found.

By the way, yet another edit. Hopefully all the font issue are corrected, as well as plenty of the bugs you mentioned.
Not sure about the side quests (maybe I did them unknowingly), but I was able to get massage from red-head (name eludes me).

OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not a fan of "vanilla"-H or male-protag games, but Cyberpunk IS my fetish. Will definitely be checking this one out
I'm only going to add more and more cyberpunk elements to the game. I hope you'll enjoy it.

As for female protagonists, I'm considering having a female character be the playable character in an upcoming chapter.

GTA89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's out of the subject but why is the RTP version way bigger than the one without it... isn't RTP meant to make game smaller? oO

edit: tried out the demo, good design but I don't know what do to after I scared a girl in a store.
edit2: found a bug, you can speak directly to a "bullied" girl in the slum without attacking the bullies, one of the green thing (the top one) doesn't have a hitbox.

Last edited:
OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's out of the subject but why is the RTP version way bigger than the one without it... isn't RTP meant to make game smaller? oO

edit: tried out the demo, good design but I don't know what do to after I scared a girl in a store.
edit2: found a bug, you can speak directly to a "bullied" girl in the slum without attacking the bullies, one of the green thing (the top one) doesn't have a hitbox.
Thanks for reporting that bug! I'll edit it.
Have you spoken to Neishin? If not you should have a note from him in your inventory that will tell you what to do.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

real time package is the engine so to speak. if you have it already installed, you wont need the RTP version needed to play it right away. if you dont have rpgmaker or the rtp installed, you're computer can't play it.

GTA89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for reporting that bug! I'll edit it.
Have you spoken to Neishin? If not you should have a note from him in your inventory that will tell you what to do.
Yeah forgot to read that note and the door is locked as long as you don't do it x)
You're welcome

real time package is the engine so to speak. if you have it already installed, you wont need the RTP version needed to play it right away. if you dont have rpgmaker or the rtp installed, you're computer can't play it.
Oops I though "rtp version" meant "version who requires the rtp installed" not "version with the rtp included" xD

OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah forgot to read that note and the door is locked as long as you don't do it x)
You're welcome

Oops I though "rtp version" meant "version who requires the rtp installed" not "version with the rtp included" xD
Be sure to visit the massage parlour in the same area as Neishin's building ;)

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I got a problem in the first 3 minutes of the game. As soon as you leave the first room, the one with the body, you go down the hallway and there is a open door.

Once you go in, there is only 1 terminal working where you can get some information about come company who is funding the experiments on "The Subject".

In that terminal, once you use it, you get a prompt to select from 2 options. The problem is: No matter what I do, I can't close that prompt. I already read the information in the 2 options, but no button will close it to allow me go keep playing the game.

ESC, X, Backspace, Tab, nothing will close it. I had to restart the game and skip that terminal.

HB38

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

He's a pretty good beta tester. :D

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nice to see this! The h-game genre could use some variety and I'm a fan of cyberpunk. It looks like you've redone a lot of things to create a pretty nice aesthetic overall. While it's too early to see how the combat system will balance, the changes you've made look like they might have some potential.

I didn't do a thorough playthrough, but some things I noticed you might want to check:
One request, possibly speaking just for myself: you've added a lot of 60 frame pauses to the dialogue. My preference would be strongly against this, it slows the game down a great deal.

You might want to check passability on the following tiles: toilets, green barrels, red boxes in stores.

Your lighting effects are nice, but when moving in and out of buildings they occur too late. It's tedious to set up, but you can avoid this by fading out, changing the tint and other effects, then fading in after you've moved. Conversely, on the transitions where you already use this, you may want to set the fade to "none" or they'll take twice as long as a normal transition.

One bug I don't think I've seen reported elsewhere: the notification about getting an AI seems to repeat.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He's a pretty good beta tester. :D
*Cough* Dunno what you're talking about *Cough* >.>

PS : you didn't comment back on my last monday PM I send you on HF about the bikini top

OP
zombieparrot

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I got a problem in the first 3 minutes of the game. As soon as you leave the first room, the one with the body, you go down the hallway and there is a open door.

Once you go in, there is only 1 terminal working where you can get some information about come company who is funding the experiments on "The Subject".

In that terminal, once you use it, you get a prompt to select from 2 options. The problem is: No matter what I do, I can't close that prompt. I already read the information in the 2 options, but no button will close it to allow me go keep playing the game.

ESC, X, Backspace, Tab, nothing will close it. I had to restart the game and skip that terminal.
That's strange... It doesn't happen with me. In any case I added a "Log off" option that can either be selected or activated by pressing the Esc key, which makes sense to be there, so thanks for your input!

spammaps

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just played it and seems like a good start (really good liking tilesets and sprites btw!).

One thing that really bothered me: During conversations there is a noticable delay between individual textboxes, it actually feels like it takes longer for the next textbook to appear than for me to read it. Should be easy to fix I guess.